MVP votes

Drusillus

the MVP of games would be the ones who play to the objectives.

Totally agree with this. Had one match on voidstar where our whole team rushed one side whilst I managed to sneak past and blew the other door at the start. We maintained so much momentum that I managed to activate the bridge, blow up the next door and lower the shields without getting touched by an enemy. I had pretty much won the game for us. I know it didn't exactly require much skill but I was in the right place at the right time and I played the objective.

When we switched sides they didn't stand a chance and the game was over quickly. I didn't get a single MVP vote at the end of the match despite this. It ended up being a healer on our team that got it because he had the highest healing done.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you're saying. Baron though, is DPS. He always has the most kills and DPS.

Personally, I don't care if I get MVP. I just don't agree with people thinking healers are the most important aspect of PvP. It's a team effort.

I also play on Krayt Dragon, and it's always nice to see Baron or one or two other tank-capable AC's (I've seen Rossi a lot since I started PVP'ing) in a match with me, because, as a healer, it actually gives me a target worth healing.

I have absolutely no problem healing DPS in a match -- that's not what I'm saying at all -- but actually reocgnizing that you're able to keep somebody up because they're helping pull their own weight makes all the difference.

It's really easy to tell when you're in a group that's just there for some easy commendations, because the gameplay is distinctly different. Right down to not bothering to rebuff themselves after a death. That's not fun for a healer. We already earn considerably fewer medals in a match, especially if we're at a gear disadvantage, and despite all the lolimmortalhealer viewpoints, a well geared opponent can flatten a healer with no trouble if they aren't being protected.

Ultimately, for me, my MVP votes end up going to whoever actually made my experience more enjoyable. If it was because they capped things quickly, great. If they decimated the enemy efficiently on every push, great. If they tossed some heals around, great. It's never a set thing.

Big ups for Krayt Dragon pvp!

There isn't a single role in pvp that is more important than another, especially in this game.

That guy putting guard on someone and disrupting the enemy is important. The healer who is drawing fire from 3-4 enemies and staying alive, same thing. The glass cannon thats crushing people and breaking the 300k damage mark, him too! That stealthy dude who is sneaking objectives, kudos to him!

At the end of the day all of these wins games, and no more one than the other. I don't care who you vote MVP, but vote ffs.

MVP = Most Valuable Player

MVP =/= Most Valuable Player as long as they did at least X + Y + Z.

Not voting hurts your faction and thus your future matches!

Edited by Nicdanger

healing wins games.

Really? So you can stand in the spawn area healing people who are at 100% life and win? You people flip my burgers at Bger King dont u? I remember u also got my order wrong...

Seriously how can u mess up a #1 w/Dr.Ppper...

:tran_tongue: /facepalm.urface

I just give them to the top healer. I don't know enough to make an informed decision, but feel like voting is better than not voting since there's no real harm in it. Plus healers just don't get that many medals compared to other classes. Edited by Hayduke

I'm one of those that don't vote because usually I end up in some form of a partially pre-made or where no matter what I do someone is going to vote for their friend, guildmate, or some healer standing in a corner healing themself topping the heals.

Unfortunately as a tank spec BH you get no credit for taunts that reduce the damage by iirc 30% unless that person is targeting you. No recognition for landing that shot on that person who you have been battling it out with when both of you are 1 shot away from death. No credit for landing that death from above that blasts all of that large group on top of you to death or at least scatter them because they start taking pretty sizable hits if they stand there.

I very rarely ever see heals land on me that aren't my own and when I do I am shocked! You very rarely ever see a healer that actually heals a group because it is usually a healer and their tank friend or whatever that have just decided to run around and duo so imo no need to vote.

• 2 weeks later...

As a healer, I would greatly appreciate your MVP votes. On average I get 3 medals a game. They are 2.5k single heal, 75k heals, 300k heals. Sometimes, I also get a killing blow medal from a DoT I pass around to keep doors from being captured or turrets turned in the warzones.

MVP Votes make up the gap since I can't solo kill and do many of the other things DPS get rewarded for.

I am not demanding those votes, I am trying to explain why I would appreciate them.

• 1 month later...

Assuming you arent trolling. You need to vote before you can see mvp votes.

I used to vote for best healer then I saw us lose void stars because a healer kept spamming heals and letting people cap or even spamming heals that were unnecessary rather than throwing out some dps to clear the area so we could cap.

I started looking out for people I thought made a difference and also balancing that against how many medals those people seemed to have acquired in the WZ.

Sometimes though I admit if I dont find someone fast enough I give it to whoever is left since you cant MVP once they leave.

I usually give my vote to the healer that heals me

I rarely get heals so it something I notice

Also to the guy defending the quite side of alderaan

Def can be boring sometimes but someone's gotta do it

Also I give to players that I notice make an effort to hit nodes and

Set up goals for huttball

It's not hard to see who's active or not

I usually get 2-3 MVP votes per game. My Commendations for a HuttBall win tend to start at ~60-70 and get knocked up to around 80-85, think I saw a 90~ one time.

So basically seems it's around +5 commendations per vote, alongside a small (low hundreds) increase to Credits etc.

As far as earning MVP votes - I give my vote to whoever I feel was the biggest credit to the team. Someone caps the ball 3 times? Defuses multiple bombs? Helps hold middle turret instead of farming kills? MVP.

Basically I give it to whoever I felt contributed most to the team winning - Not whoever gets the most Damage/Kills etc.

^ This right here. DPS is good, Healing is good, guarding is good. But if you have players getting passes off consistently for a score, or someone consistently holding an objective they should get MVPs

The MvP vote enhances the rewards given like the tooltip says. Little extra of everything basically. Unless someone is getting like 5+ they probably won't even notice the difference.

I toss them to the healers near automatically, not because I think their job is harder than the guy killing, or whatever, but because few of them que up, so hopefully it encourages them to do it again. While I personally go into every fight not expecting to be healed, it does help when it comes.

Hello

Can someone give me a breakdown on how MVP votes affect me?

Also, I noticed a lack of fundamental distribution of MVP points.

I typically take into account total damage done (or healing), awards and other statistics I see on the closing screen to award my vote.

A lot of the time I (Bounty Hunter) and #1 is overall damage, #1 in awards and even #1 in total kills and fewest deaths, yet I rarely have players vote me MVP. Sure, its their choice, but it doesn't make sense.

So, I guess my question is, what do MVP votes do for/to me as a player, and how can I increase the votes I receive if I am already maximizing my contribution in he Warzones?

thank you

This games a lie..

Not quite. There is a guy on Krayt Dragon named Baron. This Baron guy is a lvl 50 Vanguard, with full PvP gear apparently. He has over 16k health. He is not a healer. He IS a game changer, all by himself. It takes almost an entire team to bring the big sucker down, even when he isn't being healed.

I'm not saying that healers aren't needed by some people, but they aren't the end all be all of the game in any aspect. It takes healers, and killers, to win.

Not just healers and killers. The person you referenced sounds like he's neither.

A tank in PvP can be a game-changer. Somebody who can take the pain while interrupting enemies, who can shield your healers or DPS, who can reduce the dps output of the entire enemy team by 30%, who still brings interrupts, knockbacks, stuns and mezzes... Those things, at the right time and place, like good healing and dps , are critical to winning or losing, but are mostly untracked by the mpv votes and accomplishment medals awarded.

All roles are needed. But heals usually get the MVP vote, followed by DPS. Harden the F. Up and play to win, instead of playing for the glory and approval of your peers.

Lol, you should score 9+ medals/immortal as a healer on a regular basis. Healers don't get that much less medals than most other classes. Maybe one less medal on average.

I get 8 medals on a regular basis, but that is as far as I can go. I do understand that you say 9 with the thought of the 75k damage medal. But that means that I would need to forsake some of my 500-700k healing for damage, and since I am a healer I say "**** no" to that.

I will never support a playstyle where I should Not heal as a healer just because it will make me get a extra medal or two. The system is flawed and that's it. Dont make excuses like "doh, all you need to do is dps some more.." rofl.

With that said, I dont mind my 8 medals that much.. especially not when coupled with 500-700k healing, 0 deaths on my premade and 3-6 MVP's.

I usually get 2-3 MVP votes per game. My Commendations for a HuttBall win tend to start at ~60-70 and get knocked up to around 80-85, think I saw a 90~ one time.

So basically seems it's around +5 commendations per vote, alongside a small (low hundreds) increase to Credits etc.

As far as earning MVP votes - I give my vote to whoever I feel was the biggest credit to the team. Someone caps the ball 3 times? Defuses multiple bombs? Helps hold middle turret instead of farming kills? MVP.

Basically I give it to whoever I felt contributed most to the team winning - Not whoever gets the most Damage/Kills etc.

Sorry to break it to you, but it's just 1 commendation/MVP. The MVP is just there to show to people that this person have done a good job according to the grps votes.

The medals are worth 5 commendations, and then you get a number of commendations depending on the game somewhat.