Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All servers are live! Thank you again for your patience as we worked through everything today.

-eric

Congrats, you guys managed to fix things just in time for you to punch out and go home fore the day. It's amazing what people can do when they are motivated.

Ok I'm running into the dang issue where I an log in but NONE of my Alts are available AT ALL, quit & reloaded launcher twice, no love. Opened comp files deleted the files & folder the work around directed me to & Still NO LOVE, WTFH?!? REALLY?!? I'm Conquest Commander for my Guild on BOTH Sides & I can't even get on to set it & move our ships in for support, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! Yes I've been as patient & understanding as I possibly can, but when you say servers are UP & running without saying there's any remaining problems & I run into this!! :t_mad:

I would just like to say thank you to all of today's posters. You have all provided wonderful entertainment with your discussions and open dialogue. The lesson learned today? Live on the US west coast and get a day job; it's like nothing even went wrong. Ha!

So I got a error message saying I needed to repair... it does the scan and then says theres a network error (310) and the rapir files are downloading at like 0.07kb or not at all... My internet is working just fine so I really do not understand just what the heck is going on here.

So I got a error message saying I needed to repair... it does the scan and then says theres a network error (310) and the rapir files are downloading at like 0.07kb or not at all... My internet is working just fine so I really do not understand just what the heck is going on here.

Make sure both swtor.exe and launcher.exe can get past your firewall. May even want to flick access on and off a few times.

The download servers may also be overloaded since things just came back up. Just turned 7 here on the US East coast.

Make sure both swtor.exe and launcher.exe can get past your firewall. May even want to flick access on and off a few times.

The download servers may also be overloaded since things just came back up. Just turned 7 here on the US East coast.

Yea its not a firewall issue as thats the first think I checked. It went slow but it finally repaired but its still taking forever to download the patch and no guarantee I wont see any other issues

Try forcing a repair - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729911

You may want to also look in the logs subdirectory under where you have the game install to see if an error is being reported.

THANK YOU! Forcing the repair seemed to work.

I tried to log in one more time and of course it happened again and as I was finding my way through my files to follow the repair instructions, the game launched anyway - VERY delayed launch! However, as soon as I clicked "play" on my character, the game closed. (This has been happening all last week but after several attempts I could finally get in game. Not today, though.)

However, following your link and forcing the repair worked beautifully. It started right up with no issues. So thank you again! :)

Yea its not a firewall issue as thats the first think I checked. It went slow but it finally repaired but its still taking forever to download the patch and no guarantee I wont see any other issues

Probably overloaded servers then. Make sure nothing is running in the background.

Some ISPs don;t like large transfers via a bittorrent method which is what this game uses. Someone else should be able to provide a link to that if you want to switch download methods but it will require a complete re download of the game.

However, following your link and forcing the repair worked beautifully. It started right up with no issues. So thank you again! :)

Glad it worked for you.

I mean... you can gripe about the 'whiners' as you call them, but the fact is, if they leave, it will hurt the game in the long run. And while I don't believe in the whole 'the customer is always right', there's a reason for the expression. So, you can 'whine' about the 'whiners' LOL, but it doesn't change the fact that this down time really irks some people and they may unsub as a result. Telling them they're whiners doesn't actually help anything xD.

My God, this is how Bad and Egotistical people are today. Only caring about some damned play-time. Try going without phones and most foods and water like me and other people have off and on, while i do have Internet back on and a bed to sleep on, i must and do say, let those spoiled kids leave. Those kinds of whiney kids should never whine about something so trivial in life.

I hope to God they leave, that is with some of the complaints of Downtime and some other minor things.

My God, this is how Bad and Egotistical people are today. Only caring about some damned play-time. Try going without phones and most foods and water like me and other people have off and on, while i do have Internet back on and a bed to sleep on, i must and do say, let those spoiled kids leave. Those kinds of whiney kids should never whine about something so trivial in life.

I hope to God they leave, that is with some of the complaints of Downtime and some other minor things.

You claim to go without food and water, yet you have money for a sub???

Quoted for truth - I love Musco and Keith for staying in touch and being earnest but this is an obvious technical failure that people in my company would be fired over for not foreseeing any 3rd party-related obstacles.

As for me working around IT's and other Techs like Air Force and Military bases that i've personally been around. People would have been fired years ago, not just from EA/Bioware but also other MMO's as well old and new. Biggest problem is in finding a better Company in just about milliseconds, because once you fire that one company you better have 1 already waiting to take over. Even our strongest parts of defence go through some bad people and organizational problems.

Sure we fire people, but then we have to worry about the minds of the people in our Company that has taken' over. Firing and hiring new companies to take over technical services is a catch 22 situation.