Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for you, but your specific play schedule doesn't really factor in to how much time you've lost ACCESS to the game. If you can/choose to only play 4 days, it's still available to you the entire rest of the month, barring today. Therefore, your day's loss is still worth about 50 cents.

If its only 50c it won't kill Bioware to rreimburse everyone by way of a compensating day in lieu. Regardless - there are such things in business as Goodwill gestures towards customers - it could be one of those!

Server page shows 2 US servers are up. PLEASE in the future, have Eric the Generic work on his updates. It's definitely appreciated to try and stay in touch with players throughout the day of maintenance, but "No ETA, we're checking and fixing these mysterious issues" reworded six times makes people lose confidence and leads to the trainwreck of complaining. More in-depth info gives people a better understanding of the issues being fixed, like Keith's update telling us a 3rd-party datacenter went down (Something out of Bioware's hands).

I was wondering the same thing myself...
It's pretty simple, really.They have a bunch of things they want/need to check. They've done some of them, so they know they are closer to being finished. But they don't know how long it will take to:

A) check the rest of the things on the list, and,

B) fix anything else they find when they check those other things.

So yeah, "we're getting closer, but we don't have an ETA for when we'll be finished" is totally reasonable.

Regardless - there are such things in business as Goodwill gestures towards customers - it could be one of those!

You forget past history though. When they've done this previously, many of us didn't get them.

Hey folks,

We are still in the late stages of checking everything on the servers and working through any hiccups. Still no ETA, but we are getting closer!

-eric

I just want to thank you guys in advance for working so hard to fix these problems. I know you guys are doing you best to make everyone happy, so continue fighting hard to get things working, I wish you guys luck and I know people in the forum might be mad but we still love you guys.

Edited by acezapattack

I'm sorry for the mental illnesses you speak of. And I'm not here to make you feel low or anything of that nature.

But working under pressure...

I'm an IT-Technician at an huge IT / Datacenter here in Sweden - And it's not as bad as you might think.

I understand they are doing their best, sure. But what people are saying, is that they pay for a service, and they cannot use it. Of course, they are people, stuff happens. Myself, Is too familiar with it. But I think people would be happier with an ETA example: 3 - 4 hours. (Rough estimated), than nothing.

Have a good one.

Thank you for saying, but there's no need. That's my job! And I completely understand. I have some huge anger issues, but I am personally calmer than most only because I shouldn't really be playing anyway (massive backlog of other work, guilt issues; other things I could and should be doing instead of waiting).

I 100% agree that the (now) 6 hours downtime for a 3 point patch, not even a major update like 5.0 is terrible, especially given I always defend them, and especially as every little thing has been going wrong for me for so long now, but I get so irrationally angry at daily things that there is no sense me adding to the existing complaints. We all know it's bad, too long, etc. I'm in the UK and so have lost an entire day of subscription, an entire day of conquest, would have lost whatever operation was today if I was like most and had work/school in the morning. Personally, I subscribe unconditionally and due to the aforementioned mental illnesses my ability to play can sometimes me unpredictable anyway.

It was frustrating to keep seeing, 'Is there an ETA yet?' 'Not yet, working on it' 'Is there an ETA yet' 'Not yet, working on it'. It's been a LONG evening.

I joked to someone earlier on Twitter that the servers would go up when I decided to shut down and go to bed, but I thought I might actually get an hour in... seems not unless I pull an all-nighter, which isn't good on the old noggin.

But my Jawas need me! (I need them) :jawa_redface:

Quoted for truth - I love Musco and Keith for staying in touch and being earnest but this is an obvious technical failure that people in my company would be fired over for not foreseeing any 3rd party-related obstacles.

I am a Registered Nurse. Three guesses on how long I would be employed for a "technical failure" of this magnitude.

The first two don't count.

All servers are live! Thank you again for your patience as we worked through everything today.

-eric

Our Hero! Thank you for keeping us updated, hope you can all get home soon. Very happy to get some game time in before bed in the UK! :jawa_smile::jawa_smile::jawa_smile:

If its only 50c it won't kill Bioware to rreimburse everyone by way of a compensating day in lieu. Regardless - there are such things in business as Goodwill gestures towards customers - it could be one of those!

It wouldn't kill YOU to lose 50 cent. For BioWare to pay 50 cent to several thousand, or tens or hundreds of thousands of subcribers (however many there are) isn't so small a chunk of change. Frankly, I'd rather each of us suffer the 50 cent loss than cost BW revenue that would no doubt be used to keep the game going and/or improve it.

Thank you for saying, but there's no need. That's my job! And I completely understand. I have some huge anger issues, but I am personally calmer than most only because I shouldn't really be playing anyway (massive backlog of other work, guilt issues; other things I could and should be doing instead of waiting).

I 100% agree that the (now) 6 hours downtime for a 3 point patch, not even a major update like 5.0 is terrible, especially given I always defend them, and especially as every little thing has been going wrong for me for so long now, but I get so irrationally angry at daily things that there is no sense me adding to the existing complaints. We all know it's bad, too long, etc. I'm in the UK and so have lost an entire day of subscription, an entire day of conquest, would have lost whatever operation was today if I was like most and had work/school in the morning. Personally, I subscribe unconditionally and due to the aforementioned mental illnesses my ability to play can sometimes me unpredictable anyway.

It was frustrating to keep seeing, 'Is there an ETA yet?' 'Not yet, working on it' 'Is there an ETA yet' 'Not yet, working on it'. It's been a LONG evening.

I joked to someone earlier on Twitter that the servers would go up when I decided to shut down and go to bed, but I thought I might actually get an hour in... seems not unless I pull an all-nighter, which isn't good on the old noggin.

But my Jawas need me! (I need them) :jawa_redface:

Of course it's frustrating seeing those all the time. That's why It would make it easier to just say "ETA is 5 - 8 hours", yeah sure, people would get mad as ****.

At least its a rough estimated time :) And hey, if the ETA is actually 3 hours instead of that rough time - people would be pleased.

Indeed, it's been a long evening. It's 12:11 AM here May the 3rd :) Have a good night, Jawa!

It appears my GTN items that I listed before the downtime this morning are getting emailed back to me.

And yes they were listed for 2 days.

Thanks. Had to exit and restart a few times, but it seems to be working now.

Good to hear.

Edited by dr_mike

Hey folks,

We are still in the late stages of checking everything on the servers and working through any hiccups. Still no ETA, but we are getting closer!

-eric

"hey folks, hey folks"....Ufffff.

Everyday, every update, every server maintenance the only thing i read is "we have an issue..." "the bug that is currently occurring..."

Edited by christian_bmx