Saber Reflect Awareness.

VixenRawR

Okai, I seriously want to know whats up with people.

In warzone with 6 people (usually mercs and snipers) on me and I pop my 5 seconds of saber reflect and I look around and see people channel on me the entire time and even go to use a second attack even though my reflect is still up.

To me this is the most obvious thing in the world. Like stop casting, wait, a few seconds until reflect wears off. Sell heal, root the jugg, do something preventative and dont spam your high burst attacks!

I had a warzone where I had 8% life on queshball and I jumped down on the pipe beneath hoping to find a medpack and there was none. A merc followed me with full life, I had no cooldowns up cause I had just been fighting, except for reflect which had just come off cooldown. He emptied everything, including a proced heatseeker on me. I pushed him off the pipe, leaped on him, backhanded and finished him off with vicious throw after that and I had 3% life left. Like, if he had just waited he could have killed me with minimal life loss.

There are like 3 ways to tell if your attacks are being reflected.

1. The damage you are doing is hitting you instead and nothing to them.

2. The swirly red sparkles all over the Jugg.

3. Look at the tooltip on the target!!!

To be fair, a lot of the jug defensives have pretty much the same effects, so if you have some up then activate another it can be hard to tell. that being said, if you see yourself taking reflect damage you should probably stop and count to 3 before attacking again :p

To be fair, a lot of the jug defensives have pretty much the same effects, so if you have some up then activate another it can be hard to tell. that being said, if you see yourself taking reflect damage you should probably stop and count to 3 before attacking again :p

Yeah, it's not like you can just stare at your enemies buff tray all the time, things can get chaotic in a WZ, especially if you are being attacked/fighting multiple enemies at the same time. [Enemies can be very inconsiderate that way.

Much like a mercs reflect, there's really very little chance of pulling back when your attacking an opponent before you will realize a shields up so most of the time, your eating at the very least the first second or two of a reflect. [Faster your attacking speed the harder it is to stop on a dime]. I often don't realize in time before I'm taking reflect damage, once I see it, sure, stop, but you will take some initially commonly I'd imagine.

That's a good time to pop a DCD ,a mezz, or kite em if you can out pace them, if your particularly concerned about taking damage right than and there so you don't have to just sit there and take it without being able to counter-attack.

There's nothing more annoying than your opponents being to hit you but you can't hit them back.

^^This

4. The Word "Reflect" instead of damage should also be a hint.

I stun and move to the next target. But so many players don't.

They will learn or move out of the WZ rotation.

Nobody knows what interupt is or CC breaker and when to use it anyways. LoL

Exactly. Honestly the main problem is most people don't even play all the classes so they don't understand how they work.

I remember when I was a noob back when the game launched, I played a heal merc and I remember being annoyed when someone leaped on me and I would keep getting immobilized and hit for a ton of damage and I had no idea what ability was doing it.

I later learned that it was Ravage specifically and the 3 swings (At the time RIP ravage) were all one attack. I learned as I played sniper and op to just evasion thru it as it was white damage. It helped a lot when you realized what builds/classes use what kind of damage.

Having sins freak out when you would ravage them thru shroud, or pummel them in deflection with lacerate on my op.

Knowing Yellow/White dmg and learning each class enough to at least recognize their abilities. TBH I usually have no problem telling when someone us using a dcd. Sure there are some abilities that aren't as obvious, but deflection, shroud, evasion, saber reflect, and so on are extremely obvious with their animations.

Regardless of whether or not you can LOOK at the tooltips...the reflecting damage makes it blatantly obvious that you need to stop, and use a root, knockback, heal, swap targets, or something besides continuing your attack.

Yeah I get it when they pop it as you hit heat seeker missile, or last .2 seconds of Ambush, it's hard to do anything about that, but no point in following thru with more burst that will be reflected.

Imo if you are having trouble with recognizing what a class can do or what their key abilities look like. I would either using an instant token and play around on one then delete and remake. If you dont have one of those, just duel a friend in a SH and having them show you different animations and what they can do. What damage types can get thru and what are resisted. Honestly that is literally the biggest help you will ever get in a warzone if you can tell what animations do what, you will save so much time and cooldowns when in a fight.

lots more annoying to spot on jug than Merc. Typically you see the red but there are a lot of "redish" cd effect on a jug, especially a tank one (you have a permanenent one from your aegis assault I think, and saber ward and blade barricade I think are also redish).you have to spot the "reflect" really or see the icon on the buff bar.

This thread is the exact reason why people think Mercs are so OP this patch.

All people do is just keep drilling on their target, mindlessly, like an Operation NPC. They pay little to no attention to anything else going on,

Ive had people chase my Operative healer they had absolutely zero chance of even pressuring (with just probes running i was outhealing their damage)... convinced if they beat on me long enough id just fall over dead. Duh, dude, you need some focus fire to drop a guarded healer.

Also guaranteed the moment I pop reflect bubble on my merc or mando that ill be full health because cant fix stupid i guess.

Its.... ridiculous really. Hardened targets are no-nos, you always swap off or stun, its basic MMO PvP knowledge, not even just this game.

Granted finding the soft targets isnt always easy, and there is a ton of healing and defense in optimized groups going on, but hammering on a DCD active merc or jugg is just STUPID.

Edited by rylanadionysis

I absolutely love jumping into a crowd and popping reflect :cool:. Also when you pop it just prior to an incoming attack, especially against snipers.

I wish I had like a video once. I was in civil war in mid and I actually think they had 7 or even 8 players there and I leaped in to stop cap and I was surrounded by mercs and snipers like a clock with me at the center and they all opened fired and I used reflect...the effect look really cool though. xD

Yeah it's amazing how people don't use interrupt. I will use everything to interrupt someone. I love the utility that increases saber reflect but the fact that leap finishes cooldown of disruption. I take warmonger as well that finishes cooldown of leap faster when I take damage. It's amazing how often you can interrupt people as leap will stop their channels, then interrupt, they try to cast and you push, then leap...then interrupt.

I think some of the biggest mistakes people make is just not being aware of what abilities classes have, but not focusing healers, using cc and interrupts to protect objectives and lock down key players/heals.

I've had legit arguments with people who insist that a tank has to be killed first or the healer wont die. FALSE, absolutely false unless you can push the tank off the bridge or something it's waste of time. If you can easily kill the tank then the healer is bad to begin with so no worries. Anyone who focuses the tank will have to not only eat thru all the tanks defenses, but also the heals that the tank is getting from the healer. Meanwhile if you focus the healer, the tank can only dps and use cc which is limited especially if multiple targets are on the healer. Guard is the only thing it has going. Meanwhile the healer has to keep healing itself...plus keep the tank up as you are already damaging it thru guard. Eventually the healer or tank will slip up, or you will gain superior burst and kill it, or force it to run out of energy. In most cases, pressuring the healer is almost always the best case scenario short of finishing off people with less than 30% hps when the healer isn't focusing them in that moment or protecting the objective.

I have no problems with merc damage, I don't believe they need all the dcd. Swtor seriously needs to reduce the amount of cooldowns and cc immunities and usable while stunned cooldowns. The whole point of stunning someone is to take them out...if they have cooldowns that can be used on stun it takes the pressure off and makes it pointless. I used to have to use my dcd at the right time to live. Now you just get cc'd and pop away ED, Phasewalk, Barrier, Safeguard w.e that new merc h2f reflect is called.

In warzone with 6 people (usually mercs and snipers) on me and I pop my 5 seconds of saber reflect and I look around and see people channel on me the entire time and even go to use a second attack even though my reflect is still up.

To me this is the most obvious thing in the world. Like stop casting, wait, a few seconds until reflect wears off. Sell heal, root the jugg, do something preventative and dont spam your high burst attacks!

I had a warzone where I had 8% life on queshball and I jumped down on the pipe beneath hoping to find a medpack and there was none. A merc followed me with full life, I had no cooldowns up cause I had just been fighting, except for reflect which had just come off cooldown. He emptied everything, including a proced heatseeker on me. I pushed him off the pipe, leaped on him, backhanded and finished him off with vicious throw after that and I had 3% life left. Like, if he had just waited he could have killed me with minimal life loss.

Pics or didnt happen

We all know mercs cannot be killed

If you have flytext enabled , "RELFECT" will pop up , this is how I know when to stop attacking jugg. For merc/mandos I just know the visual effects, so when I see what color shield goes up, I stop. You could also look at there buff toolbar too, but like other said, sometimes things are to hectic and the player has a million icons can make it difficult to really see whats what.

• 5 months later...

you mean the constantly changing one that is always fluctuating as new buffs debuffs are added/ending because Bioware in its infinite wisdom thinks this is a great idea so that one spends more time looking for %$# da#$ buffs than to whats going on around him! Lets also not forget that most of the time the so called visual que gets drowned out by other visual ques going on so one might just want to keep this in mind.

Okay so you pop your HoH (heal on hit) and I hit Blade Barrage at the same time. I play Sentinel so I hit you an average of 6 times if you heal 5% each hit you heal 30% of your HP and I can't cancel that ability.

Same goes for Saber Reflect and Clashing Blast. There are things that can't be canceled. Even then not every person has the time to level 8 different ACs and play them to get the experiance they would actually need to know what to do.

Expecting people to put in 175 hours worth of work to enjoy one aspect of a game is absoutly stupid.

What's a bit funny to me is when I'm on my Merc in regs and we play against a team mostly consisting of a ranked guild and they ignore my reflect, shield and kolto, I suppose they don't bother playing smart when they know their healer will heal them for the damage they received from it and it's nice for me not to die in a few gcds because of it.

I pointed that out to them once and one of them tried to claim they were aoeing me, guess that's why my health would go from like 10% to 100% lol.

Edited by Romeugues

What's a bit funny to me is when I'm on my Merc in regs and we play against a team mostly consisting of a ranked guild and they ignore my reflect, shield and kolto, I suppose they don't bother playing smart when they know their healer will heal them for the damage they received from it and it's nice for me not to die in a few gcds because of it.

I pointed that out to them once and one of them tried to claim they were aoeing me, guess that's why my health would go from like 10% to 100% lol.

I don't think a lot of people "get" the connection and just cry nerf merc.

Okay so you pop your HoH (heal on hit) and I hit Blade Barrage at the same time. I play Sentinel so I hit you an average of 6 times if you heal 5% each hit you heal 30% of your HP and I can't cancel that ability.

Same goes for Saber Reflect and Clashing Blast. There are things that can't be canceled. Even then not every person has the time to level 8 different ACs and play them to get the experiance they would actually need to know what to do.

Expecting people to put in 175 hours worth of work to enjoy one aspect of a game is absoutly stupid.

Well said couldn't agree with you more. DPS specs shouldn't ever have a heal when hit EVER. Though if you absolutely must put it in then everyone should have it! But these devs are lame and lazy and fail to grasp simple concept of trinity system.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.