So does the Iokath storyline just not have a conclusion...

Nefla

Or do you have to play with an operations group to get to any more single player story content? Will there be a conclusion later like with Ziost? I don't understand what's going on and I never play any group content lol

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also confused, the story was progressing, some disturbing discoveries were made... and suddenly STOP all you can do is operation - I do not do operations - aaaaand what else? O_o What about the mysterious traitor? Can I do anything SOLO about the superweapon NOT doing group content? The returnng companions... not even one mission together? Something to make Malavai useful for my SI? I don't know that guy, he should work with me to prove himself... Was he really introduced just to say "hey, Acina is calling"? Edited by Typhaos

My guess (and this is just a guess, please note that) is that we'll either get new pseudo-chapters of the new story with the release of each new ops boss, or more story with each major patch--like the upcoming 5.3 that apparently will offer a new full-fledged flashpoint. I doubt they'll make you do the ops bosses to get the new story bits (they learned their lesson with Oricon, I hope), but maybe we'll have to do the FP, like we did with the SoR prelude? Edited by AscendingSky

My guess (and this is just a guess, please note that) is that we'll either get new pseudo-chapters of the new story with the release of each new ops boss, or more story with each major patch--like the upcoming 5.3 that apparently will offer a new full-fledged flashpoint. I doubt they'll make you do the ops bosses to get the new story bits (they learned their lesson with Oricon, I hope), but maybe we'll have to do the FP, like we did with the SoR prelude?

This is highly likely that they will give us more story content with the new updates.

Also the story is pretty damn good so far.

My guess (and this is just a guess, please note that) is that we'll either get new pseudo-chapters of the new story with the release of each new ops boss, or more story with each major patch--like the upcoming 5.3 that apparently will offer a new full-fledged flashpoint. I doubt they'll make you do the ops bosses to get the new story bits (they learned their lesson with Oricon, I hope), but maybe we'll have to do the FP, like we did with the SoR prelude?

I hope so, otherwise I won't be able to continue :(

... The returnng companions... not even one mission together? Something to make Malavai useful for my SI? I don't know that guy, he should work with me to prove himself... Was he really introduced just to say "hey, Acina is calling"?

I remember BioWare saying the reason they were taking their time to bring back the old companions was they wanted to do it right and respect the characters, while kinda disappointing I thought it was a good enough reason, then they kinda forgot Malavai and Elara for most of the Iokath story, most alliance alerts had more interacting with former companions.

Maybe you get more interactions if you are the class they are originally from but on my Jedi who sided with Republic, Elara said there was a message and then vanished to just appear in my companions tab unceremoniously after the story ended.

Maybe you get more interactions if you are the class they are originally from but on my Jedi who sided with Republic, Elara said there was a message and then vanished to just appear in my companions tab unceremoniously after the story ended.

Yeah, that was a bit underwhelming. I hoped for more interaction with Elara. Heck, even an acknowledgement from Jorgan. And also... we didn't have the chance to interact with Malavai.

The story continues with the operation...but since there's only one boss the story continuation is stopped there.

I dunno whether there will be an alternate way to continue the story with doing the operation, but either way at the moment the story is just started and won't finish until after all bosses are out I guess.

Or alternatively they might throw in a story continuation before each boss that's released and they will allow you to bypass the ops or something.

So far though... (read it at your own peril)

You are being called Commander, even when you became Emperor or Empress.

And you're back to doing menial chores like clearing landing areas and preparing defensive areas to protect against 1 gold star walker (*** was that about?).

Travel inside the Iokath area is a bit of a mess and there are no QT points in the Imperial base from what I could see.

And instead of that Valkorion family soap it seems we've embarked on the Shan family soap.

Of course we also got some stranger ds/ls choices as usual.

Yeah, and I really don't like those walker missions...the walker here is just too sluggish and has los issues as if you were still just your tiny self and not a huge walker (can't shoot over **** really).

But....BWA did answer one important question: What more can we become after becoming leader of the Eternal Empire (erm Alliance)? I mean what more can we aim for?

Here it comes...

According to the Scions...

Next station is becoming a GOD.

Yep. There it is. There is a time where things just become too Epic and when mixed with quests that have you do menial tasks it really does create a weird contradictory feeling.

On the up side...

Theron has some great lines that really made me laugh.

There were a couple of fights that were a bit challenging and you needed to look around and think a bit.

The story around it about the six gods is kinda cool.

I didn't really encounter any bugs.

So yeah...I still can't wait to get out of this whole Zakuul thing but it's hard to tell when or if that will ever happen.

It seemed a bit rushed imo. I was really liking it but it was way too short. Tried forever to get an ops group together to no avail. I rarely even do ops, like the storylines and solo Flash-points, missions, dailies etc. After waiting so long for it to come out and grinding my a*s off to get to Tier II I was expecting a bit more out of this expansion.

My biggest issue with this update is as OP states, It just trails off. Which I would understand if this was a full xpac and this was the first chapter ie FE/ET. However, it eludes to a couple major things one involving Tyth which has been stated will take (likely) a year to roll out. Then two our mysterious traitor

My cutscene was glitched and clearly showed the mid to lower half uniform of a Scion. I wish I had taken a picture. It makes total sense given what the scions stand for and what they said to you

which who knows how they will wrap that up.

My cutscene was glitched and clearly showed the mid to lower half uniform of a Scion. I wish I had taken a picture. It makes total sense given what the scions stand for and what they said to you

Makes sense. I was hoping Darth Acina wasn't guilty. I'd like some sort of romance with her, or a forced marriage. Both appeal to me equally. Please make it happen, devs. Pretty please? :rak_02:

Edited by Radzkie

I'm surprised that people expected more story. This is like a full chapter. I was only expecting a short intro mission for the dailies and was thus positively surprised.

As for the question why the story leads to an OPs: Because EVERYONE, according to this forum, loves OPs and has been waiting for a new OPs for years. Lack of OPs is what killed this game.

I would love to see BW's metrics about this. I bet they find out in a little while that the very vocal 0,1% that cried for new OPs are not bringing in that much money for them after all.

I'm kind of hoping that it was the first half, and that there is more to come. I remember reading dialogue, that wasn't there, and I do hope we get that dialogue, because it implied a really nice FTB between FSW and Quinn. :)

I'm surprised that people expected more story. This is like a full chapter. I was only expecting a short intro mission for the dailies and was thus positively surprised.

As for the question why the story leads to an OPs: Because EVERYONE, according to this forum, loves OPs and has been waiting for a new OPs for years. Lack of OPs is what killed this game.

I would love to see BW's metrics about this. I bet they find out in a little while that the very vocal 0,1% that cried for new OPs are not bringing in that much money for them after all.

I don't mind the length of the story. I don't mind the focus on Ops, it's their turn, I might finagle my way into a group at some point, even if I can't commit to a serious raiding guild.

I mind the quality of the story. Quinn and Dorne getting basically nothing to do if you're not a Warrior/Trooper, getting barely more than that if you are a Warrior/Trooper. A choice that is going to make RPing utterly miserable for a while, because incredibly important characters are placed in the Schrodinger Zone, where they're both alive and dead. Large portions of the story devoted to being a hypeman for the new boss. Barely any character development at all. Barely any preamble or postscript to the story section.

I would honestly have preferred less story, much, much less story... because what we got was worse than any chapter of KOTFE or KOTET.

Nah. The next story will be a continuation.

I wonder how long it will be for them to add another "chapter" though (another 6 months?) and why they didn't give the chapter it's own story arc with a conflict and mini conclusion while the overarching story is to be continued. I mean are they going to add a conclusion a week later like with Ziost? Did they think what they gave us was intriguing enough to keep us excited for months until it's continued or finished? It didn't seem like a cliffhanger but more like a "ok now I continue to the next part-oh, that's it?"

I remember BioWare saying the reason they were taking their time to bring back the old companions was they wanted to do it right and respect the characters, while kinda disappointing I thought it was a good enough reason, then they kinda forgot Malavai and Elara for most of the Iokath story, most alliance alerts had more interacting with former companions.

funny, i never saw Elara acting like a coward before, setting bombs in a secure space and throwing an concussion grenade seems well outside Elara's character. it's more ironic that she defected from the imperials because she saw the suffering and the abuse of power in the empire and now shes taking orders from the very same people who inflict suffering and want to abuse their position because circumstance allows it.

With Quinn i expected this type of treacherous manouvering and acting like a coward if the situation suited his purpose, he uses people for his own intentions, mostly to survive...

funny, i never saw Elara acting like a coward before, setting bombs in a secure space and throwing an concussion grenade seems well outside Elara's character. it's more ironic that she defected from the imperials because she saw the suffering and the abuse of power in the empire and now shes taking orders from the very same people who inflict suffering and want to abuse their position because circumstance allows it.

With Quinn i expected this type of treacherous manouvering and acting like a coward if the situation suited his purpose, he uses people for his own intentions, mostly to survive...

Yeah that's so OOC for Elara :( they did the same thing with Torian in KotET where he begs you to come save him rather than reveling in the chance at a warrior's death on the battlefield. It even directly contradicts what he said and did in his recruitment chapter in KotFE. :( I wonder, when we get Khem Val back will he give us a big hug and weep tears of joy? Will Corso start gladly killing women? Maybe Kira will be a timid wallflower?

I wonder, when we get Khem Val back will he give us a big hug and weep tears of joy?

Not gonna lie, I kinda want to see that for the lulz. I mean I'd leave this game for good because it would be clear that the current writers at BW are so completely out of touch with the vanilla companions' personalities. But I'd still want to see that scene before I left, lol.

I honestly hope that all of this Iokath story isn't like Oricon (even though Eric worryingly mentioned "It's like Oricon!") where the finale of the story is locked behind an Op. I really hope it's more like SoR where the Op is one option to conclude the story, but there's alternate routes to see the full story. Because it really grinds my gears that none of my characters can see the end of Oricon. I know the Devs promised not to gate story behind Ops, but they also said that RNG gearing was "exciting" so their promises are rather suspect.

Another thing that irritates me is that Eric said he'd explain how our choice on Iokath will affect the return of future companions and yet he still hasn't. So my Imperial Agent, MY MAIN, has been put on ice because I don't want her to side with the Empire but I'm afraid not siding with the Empire will make it so my Agent won't get Vector back :/ And that's not good because KotFE/KotET is so bad that I can't stomach the thought of playing it more than the two times I already did. I couldn't even bring myself to push my SW through to have her reunion with Quinn, that's how bad it was.

AND I'M A FRIGGIN' STORY PERSON!

So all I have left is my Jedi Knight, which is fine, I guess, seeing as it's a Jedi Knight's story anyway. But I'm sad because my main is put on hold indefinitely because of bad writing.

I honestly hope that all of this Iokath story isn't like Oricon (even though Eric worryingly mentioned "It's like Oricon!") where the finale of the story is locked behind an Op. I really hope it's more like SoR where the Op is one option to conclude the story, but there's alternate routes to see the full story. Because it really grinds my gears that none of my characters can see the end of Oricon. I know the Devs promised not to gate story behind Ops, but they also said that RNG gearing was "exciting" so their promises are rather suspect.

Another thing that irritates me is that Eric said he'd explain how our choice on Iokath will affect the return of future companions and yet he still hasn't. So my Imperial Agent, MY MAIN, has been put on ice because I don't want her to side with the Empire but I'm afraid not siding with the Empire will make it so my Agent won't get Vector back :/ And that's not good because KotFE/KotET is so bad that I can't stomach the thought of playing it more than the two times I already did. I couldn't even bring myself to push my SW through to have her reunion with Quinn, that's how bad it was.

I find myself agreeing with this post so hard. These are two big reasons I'm afraid to mess with Iokath at all yet.

I don't even mind playing Ops, but good luck finding a decent team to do the Dread Masters story arc anymore...what happens when the same occurs to Iokath a few months after the last boss is released? And there's no way to make an informed decision here. We're told to "be careful", but not what that entails.

While I'm happy they're making new operations (Iokath one) for the raiders, not very many of us want our STORY locked behind Operations. I like having the CHOICE to either do a full fledged operation to continue the story, or a little side 'operation' to finish the story.

I loved Oricon, but I didn't love the fact that to finish Oricon I had to raid. I don't really have time to raid anymore. I work Thursday to Monday, go to school Tuesday and Wednesday and I'm a military reservist. I mostly work/go to school at night around 1830 or so. Most people raid at 2000 or 2100 and it's hard.

I'm serious, if they want people to stick around (remember the raiders are the ones who scoot off most times) they seriously need to make a non-raiding part to continue the story so we get the choice of doing a raid or not, I don't like mandatory raiding to finish these stories. I'm here BECAUSE of the story.

While I'm happy they're making new operations (Iokath one) for the raiders, not very many of us want our STORY locked behind Operations. I like having the CHOICE to either do a full fledged operation to continue the story, or a little side 'operation' to finish the story.

I loved Oricon, but I didn't love the fact that to finish Oricon I had to raid. I don't really have time to raid anymore. I work Thursday to Monday, go to school Tuesday and Wednesday and I'm a military reservist. I mostly work/go to school at night around 1830 or so. Most people raid at 2000 or 2100 and it's hard.

I'm serious, if they want people to stick around (remember the raiders are the ones who scoot off most times) they seriously need to make a non-raiding part to continue the story so we get the choice of doing a raid or not, I don't like mandatory raiding to finish these stories. I'm here BECAUSE of the story.

good old days on Oricon, i enjoyed bathing my weapon in a pool of dreadmaster blood. these weapons get quite thirsty! :w_cool:

now machines are going to be broken and my weapons need a good oil bath! :rolleyes: