My Blind Defense of BioWare is Over

LordDelectus

On these forums and Dulfy, I have always defended Eric and the team.

This is the only Star Wars I have left. I was wiling to put up with a lot to preserve the now rare joy I get from this fandom.

I wasn't just looking forward to this, I planned my DAMN VACATION around it!!! I got myself more than jazzed.

The list of things that bring me joy in life is pitifully short. This is one of them and that was just wiped away and moved to a week where I can't take the time off.

Thanks a ton Eric for screwing me. Fortunately for you, you have a monopoly on real Star Wars content these days, no matter how poorly managed and executed. I won't leave. But this extremely disappointing and very disheartening to see this game wither on the vine. Bergeren Colony feels dead. I have had to change many guilds because regulars stopped logging in and thus the guild died.

The criticism and even venom being tossed your way is well deserved and I won't be chastising people for expressing it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Game update" my error.

Bioware is simplifying things in this game. Soon you don't have to walk. They are certainly taking steps in that direction. No more unlocking fast travel points or taxi points. No more level based mount license or a big cost of a mount, legacy unlock fast travel to [...], open the galaxy map from anywhere and travel to another planet from nowhere.

Leveling as well, no more dedicating time to level from 1 to 50. Instead of you run through your class missions and you're at level 50 within a few hours. No more doing your story missions, side missions, teaming up with players to do heroics and other stuff.

The kind of sad thing about SWTOR's Community is that BioWare sometimes actually listen to the players and implements stuff like "Omg I dont wanna spend another 2 weeks leveling a character from 1 to 50" and BioWare is like "Ok done" and now after they have done it, players regret because they find themselves with nothing left to do.

Are you saying you planned your vacation around the Update or just around the game?

Cause if your ranting cause the dateof the update got changed, get a life..

You would be annoyed if the update came in tomorrow with bugs, yet your complaining because they delayed it to make sure its polished?

Just actually think about why they are doing it, plus they hardly ever push back updates, they rarely do it I think when they did it back during KOTFE story chapters was like the second time ive ever seen them do it

This is the only Star Wars I have left. I was wiling to put up with a lot to preserve the now rare joy I get from this fandom.

I wasn't just looking forward to this, I planned my DAMN VACATION around it!!! I got myself more than jazzed.

The list of things that bring me joy in life is pitifully short. This is one of them and that was just wiped away and moved to a week where I can't take the time off.

Thanks a ton Eric for screwing me. Fortunately for you, you have a monopoly on real Star Wars content these days, no matter how poorly managed and executed. I won't leave. But this extremely disappointing and very disheartening to see this game wither on the vine. Bergeren Colony feels dead. I have had to change many guilds because regulars stopped logging in and thus the guild died.

The criticism and even venom being tossed your way is well deserved and I won't be chastising people for expressing it.

For all that I agree EAWare has screwed up a ton lately, you really shouldn't blame Eric for this. None of the decisions we feel are so terrible and screwed up were his call. He's just the messenger, so don't shoot him.

I fail to see how it's the community mangers fault he doesn't compile patches or work on fixing serious bugs.

I fail to see how it's the community mangers fault he doesn't compile patches or work on fixing serious bugs.

True, but he's there to break the news, good or bad and to take the Flak. -

He's also supposed to be building a large and loyal fan-base and a happy community. - If the forums and social media are anything to go by - That part is severely lacking.

In response to the OP:

"Yes! Yes! My young apprentice......Good! -Feel the power of the dark side! ......Feel your hatred flow through you....."

Edited by Storm-Cutter

For all that I agree EAWare has screwed up a ton lately, you really shouldn't blame Eric for this. None of the decisions we feel are so terrible and screwed up were his call. He's just the messenger, so don't shoot him.

Yup its not Erics fault, but yes, the team did fail in their schedule. They had all the time they needed since they did not annouce any date for 5.2 before. They should have been able to asses how much more time they needed.

When there was no date they could have brought up any date in April (since they promised April in one stream), but they failed at that and thats the only thing to blame. Maybe they have a baby boom at Bioware :D

I've often argued that we have this shoddy production mess because the devs don't have to be accountable. There is no other direct mmo competition and nothing mmo like with the star wars ip. They know they have us by the curlies, so they will continue to not care and be flippant until either the game shuts down or there is a new mmo announced.

Lesson learned huh? Maybe next time you should plan your vacation for a week AFTER the update, that way you can hopefully account for any delays that may happen or emergency patches that might need to be done.

Eric didn't screw you...he's the messenger. YOU screwed yourself by planning an absolute with a projection. Bioware didn't want this delay any more than you did...so chill out.

Unlike you, I don't blindly defend Bioware, in fact, I tend to be a rather harsh realist at times...maybe if you hadn't blindly defended them for so long, BC wouldn't feel so dead and your guilds wouldn't keep dying...but THIS is not the fight you needed to fight...this is a very minor inconvenience at best.

Assuming we are all not just being punked in the forum yet again.....this should be required reading for people who let a game control their real life decisions.

Of course.. this rant is not new for the OP. Apparently history repeats itself http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9128590#post9128590

I can understand someone maybe setting aside time off from other things to really dive in and enjoy a game at it's launch, maybe even for a huge expac every 3 years (which we do not get in this MMO) .... even though I think such action is silly... but to apply the same nonsense to a mid-cycle patch on a five year old MMO...... :rolleyes:

Edited by Andryah

Why plan a vacation around a game? Sure you could have some time to play but just to take a vacation to play a game? I have some free time right now (just finished college so looking for a job) but even with that I limit my time on the game.

There are other things you could do since you can't play. You still have time away from work and you could spend time with family and friends and doing things away from the game.

Yea people can do what they want but I never understand planning a vacation around a game when there are more things you could do with your vacation than a playing a game.