Lesser evil - Revan or Arcann?

bluehufsa

Always wondered why can we redeem Arcann but not Revan, and please don't yell SPOILERS !!!, because there's at least one other thread in this section that contains spoilers, talking about the one about Torian/Vette choice.

Let's see..on topic now.

Revan does the foloowing ( or maybe not?) :

- makes you fight him on THe Foundry

- makes you fight his adepts on Rishi

- tortures Theron Shan

- makes you fight him on Yavin

- releases the Emperor - well thats a tricky one, since the Emperor states that he was on Zakuul enough time to have children and watch them grow up

Arcann does the following:

- keeps you frozen in carbonite five years

- hunts you down like an animal on various ocasions

- makes you fight him on Asylum then flees

- destroys HK-55 , the reconstructed HK has no memories of you at all

- manipulates and kills Heskal

So, in your opinion, which one is the bad guy? Which one deserves to be redeemed? I honestly pick Revan, even if i don't side with the Republic and i never will.

Thank you!

Foundry is a bad example for Revan since it's the Empire that fights him, and they're the bad guys.

Also SOR Revan isn't really himself to be fair.

As for Arcann, lets not forget the 5 planets he glassed just to try and draw out the Outlander. So ya, Arcann is WAY worse than Revan. I don't think Revan did anything that bad even as Darth Revan

Both are bad. One is a lunatic with daddy issues at the helm of a powerful empire whose redemption is only achieved through Voss shenanigans.

The other is a genocidal lunatic with a messia complex who has been acting like he's the only one who can do anything about it since the mandalorian wars.

I'd also suggest that the end of the Yavin story does indeed show Revan being redeemed.

Yes in a way you redeem Revan, but is different from Arcann's story, where you get to recruit the dude. A sort of "keep your friends close and enemies even closer" kind of thing?

Seriously? Seriously? Is this what we came to? Someone actually compares Revan and Arcann?

I can't even....

Leave Revan alone. He was perfectly fine until the book and then SWTOR ruined him.

Edited by Gelious

Wiping out everyone with "sith" DNA would murder children and other innocents plus any who have defected to the republic, mass genocide. He just happened to be stopped before he carried out his plan.

Yes bad, but Arcann wasn't doing much better. Revan was also trying to stop the great evil. Arcann was trying to be the greatest evil...his daddy.

I'd think that would depend on which *Phase Reven is in. He was quite Conflicted between Dark and Light noticing the benefits and downsides of both. Arcann did have the Eternal Fleet and hordes of soldiers at his command But Reven himself is incredibly gifted (and Dangerous) in the Force. If Arcann's lost all those tools and Keeps on about how he must repay for all his evil then he's now just a normal force user. However, Reven is unstable and could swing Dark or Light at seemingly any time. I think Reven is the greater threat; he doesn't need tools, much more gifted in the force and unpredictable.

In fairness to Revan, he only did that stuff after centuries of torture. I am pretty sure it is literally impossible for a human to comprehend exactly how much that kind of thing would suck. Arcann had it bad to but only on a level that someone might be able to comprehend in real life.

But in terms of damage attempted to cause? Revan wins by a land slide. He tried to commit interstellar genocide, that makes Arcann's 'mere' five planets pale in comparison despite the fact its worse then anything real evils have ever committed.

I was just disappointed that I couldn't painfully kill "Revan" that boring, generic, angsty, Focus Test Guy is NOT the Revan I played and him like finding peace and fading into the force was not satisfying at all. Edited by Nefla

• 4 weeks later...
Seriously? Seriously? Is this what we came to? Someone actually compares Revan and Arcann?

I can't even....

Leave Revan alone. He was perfectly fine until the book and then SWTOR ruined him.

Yeah, you know, gotta agree with this. And don't get me started on the missed opportunity with Meetra Surik.

I get a little peeved (OK A LOT) because the Revanites on DK say Regan's gender is ambiguous! They just threw us original Kotorians under the bus!

What do you mean? I liked that original part on DK, I was like "oh, they're respecting the characters we played in KotOR by keeping it vague and not throwing in the stupid default from the spinoff book/comic" sucks that it was just a tease and they did toss in that crappy impostor after all.

Yeah, it's really a shame how Meetra Surik was treated. It's almost like Bioware is saying since we didn't make it, it happened, but no one really remembers or cares. (Apathy is death) Sorry to get off topic, Revan was kept in a cage for 300 years, so his sanity is in question.

Yeah! Also did you know that the default for Revan in KOTOR 2 is female?

At least that's what Atton thinks ;)

I always played Revan as female. None of the male Revans ever looked right enough for me to play them.

I played male and female Exiles... much prefer female though.

The "pronoun game" got a bit interesting when describing what Revan, Kreia, and the Exile had been up to ;)

"Wait, which 'she' did I mean that time?"

Edited by JediAkemi

I played Revan both genders but preferred male. Meetra - always female.

Revan just makes more sense to me as male in 1. Plus, the Bastila story arc is a lot more poignant if she is a LI, and that's clearly the canon choice.

Meetra - there is no canonical reason she had to be female. But for some reason her bond with Kreia just felt more "right" to me that way. Kind of an Aunt/Niece thing. Shaddap, pervs, you know what I mean.

Yeah! Also did you know that the default for Revan in KOTOR 2 is female?

I think that was Atton pretending to not know anything about the Sith and Jedi, he was playing dumb.

He also implies that the Female Revan became a Sith Lord.