Quality of ranked queue (harbinger)

akisgood

Hey, I just wanted to draw attention to the amount of throwing and trolling that goes on in ranked. It's been mentioned before but if we keep mentioning it one day bioware might deem it an important enough issue to assign customer service reps to police a randomly selected tiny subset of games or something similar.

The attached screenshot shows a guy who anyone playing pvp on harbinger might have encountered, but I have erased his name to conform to the rules. This is first hand evidence of trolling; an example player who queues ranked without gear on and throws matches. I don't know if this is some win trading set up or not, but it's frustrating for other players.

http://imgur.com/UG4crLu

Hey, I just wanted to draw attention to the amount of throwing and trolling that goes on in ranked. It's been mentioned before but if we keep mentioning it one day bioware might deem it an important enough issue to assign customer service reps to police a randomly selected tiny subset of games or something similar.

The attached screenshot shows a guy who anyone playing pvp on harbinger might have encountered, but I have erased his name to conform to the rules. This is first hand evidence of trolling; an example player who queues ranked without gear on and throws matches. I don't know if this is some win trading set up or not, but it's frustrating for other players.

i like team compositions these days

**** the rules

if we keep mentioning it one day bioware might deem it an important enough issue to assign customer service reps to police a randomly selected tiny subset of games or something similar.

Ah, optimism. Bless your sweet little heart.

By virtue of the longer and longer seasons, down hill tumble of reward quality, and the duration some folks can go on blatantly clipping through maps to avoid acid without being banned, you have to see that ranked pvp is nothing more than a side show to the games overall ambitions. Ambitions that clearly are focused on micro transactions (HEYO, DIRECT PURCHASE OF ARBITAL LIGHTSABER. Obviously, one of the niftiest looking items in the game, and ONLY purchasable with dollars/euros/rupples/yen/pounds/other currency bioware can turn into gold coins and swim in their ducktales like money swimming pool).

The devs can't even update the leaderboards website so I doubt they know how to deal with this guy....

But did you win???

:rak_03:

Yes, using acid, but it was not a fun time. He is only one example, so many games there are people who leave or mysteriously don't manage to use any abilities either round lol...

Edited by akisgood

Harbinger HAS ranked popping more than twice a day at least.

So I'd guess the trolls come with it, but tbh its better than the rest of the server in which ranked is dead and always the same 10ish players that have to be on at the same time for it to even pop.

TBH I think it would be super hard for Bioware to police this effectively. It is definitely an issue but its almost impossible to guarantee there will never be trolls. For example, I queued up and right when the match loaded my computer glitched and I could not move my character until we had already lost. Obviously, this was not my fault and I was not trying to troll. But how can bioware tell the difference? There is just too much gray area. But trust me, I am just as frustrated as you.

I left Harb over a year and a half ago because you had mains on one side with alt on the other faction and 5-20 folks in the know jumping sides to take advantage of the nubs who wanted to play for fun. The fewer the folks in Q the easier it is to let a few folks control the outcome. IE If you know that there are no folks in ranked group Q and the smaller faction has nobody in Q, jump to your alt and have your newest guildie Q on the other side. This is not rocket science. It is really folks who never got picked for real sports.

One of the multiple reasons why people don't bother with Ranked anymore or take it seriously. The amount of ***** measuring and trolling or toxic behaviour is disgusting.

Then you have to put up seeing them abuse each other and troll each other in fleet chats. That's all it is these days. The last remaining ranked toxic tools testing how long their ***** are. They won't even use the pvp chat channel, they have to infect gen chat with it. So you can't even turn it off.

Then when the queue pops slow down, these same people plead and beg for others to queue Ranked. LMAO.. who would even consider it because even if you do, they just start the same rubbish with those who obliged them by queueing.

The toxicity of these people is only hurting themselves in the end. No one wants to play with them. No one takes Ranked seriously. If people are trolling Ranked with no gear it's probably to make a point at how bad the toxicity has become. I dear say it's probably people who have been bullied by the toxic people who are doing the no gear trolling.

I don't agree with that sort of trolling behaviour, but I can see why it's getting worse and I think it will continue because people can't see they are their own worse enemies.

Yes, using acid, but it was not a fun time. He is only one example, so many games there are people who leave or mysteriously don't manage to use any abilities either round lol...

Sounds like a L2P issue because I hear he's carrying most of his teams.

:rak_01:

P.S. I think he saves his Force Barrier for acid.

Edited by Talon_strikes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.