Updated Unassembled Component Rates - 5.1.2

EricMusco

Unpopular opinion of the day.

I am satisfied with these rates. Between stuff dropping from the crates and these component rates I should be able to gear anything I want. A little work is still required, as it should be. Keep up the good work.

Agree. This will trigger some people but for people who do have the time to grind, this (after these changes) is actually the fastest gearing system there has ever been. It took me 5 months to get full Nim gear in 4.0 with the priority ops system because we went through 100s of raiders who won a load of gear and quit the game after 3 weeks and people with 10 alts who win gear on all of them. With the component system and a few lucky crates I have got full Nim gear in 3 months total which is only 1 month from the release of the component system.

It still sucks pretty bad for alts though since they don't have the 236s to upgrade to 242 and have to start right from the beginning with 230s.

Edited by DarthZaul

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am satisfied with these rates. Between stuff dropping from the crates and these component rates I should be able to gear anything I want. A little work is still required, as it should be. Keep up the good work.

hey

I dont know which of the devs secret accounts you are but since yall have nothing better to do but post on these forums, can you fix the glitched disappearing preview screen bug?

Agree. This will trigger some people but for people who do have the time to grind, this (after these changes) is actually the fastest gearing system there has ever been.

Ohhh, right, I forgot they expect the players to forsake family, friends and their livelihoods to play this korean MMO

Edited by Udoroththefinal

Agree. This will trigger some people but for people who do have the time to grind, this (after these changes) is actually the fastest gearing system there has ever been.

I take it you didn't PvP in 4.0.

No one that PvPs should have to care how long it takes CareBears to get their NiM gear. Pre-5.0, since Expertise was a different system than PvE gear, the PvP players could gear up quickly to get to a baseline level rapidly without it trashing the PvE balance. It was a nice separation.

5.0 ruined that, but it at least set bolster to 250, which had the same effect and was awesome, especially for alts in PvP.

5.1 ruined that by nerfing bolster, forcing PvP to be in a gearing arms race that also had to be balanced with PvE. The worst of both worlds for both.

5.1.1 increased the rate of Disintegration Crates, fixing nothing. It also upped the XP rate, which also means little because with GC it is pointless to play alts.

5.1.2 could have fixed this for PvP.

Based on these numbers, it didn't.

Edited by stoopicus

How that post should look when applied logic, common sense and feedback:

Hey folks,

Below you will find the new values along with what their old values were.

• Warzone Win: 20 (up from 5)
  • Warzone Loss: 10 (up from 2)
  • Arena Win: 20 (up from 3)
  • Arena Loss: 10 (up from 1)
  • Solo Ranked Win: 30 (up from 5)
  • Solo Ranked Loss: 15 (up from 2)
  • Group Ranked Win: 30 (up from 8)
  • Group Ranked Loss: 15 (up from 3)
  • GSF Win: 20 (stays the same)
  • GSF Loss: 10 (stays the same)

Currently in the game, PvP Missions do not award any Unassembled Components. In 5.1.2 we will be adding them onto all of the Mission rewards. Here are their values:

• Warzone Daily: 30
  • Warzone Weekly: 100
  • Solo Ranked Daily: 30
  • Solo Ranked Weekly: 150
  • Group Ranked Solo: 40
  • Group Ranked Weekly: 200

These are the adjusted Component rates coming in our dreams on 31 Feb. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Same here. It's not great, but I don't think it's that bad. Assuming we get UCs for both dailies, that's 208 UCs a week from dailies/weekly, plus the UCs you earn for the matches themselves: 126 for 42 losses, 168 for 21 wins. So, if you do nothing more than complete your dailies/weekly, you earn 334-376 UCs per week. That seems like enough to get you into set bonus gear in a reasonable time.

In my opinion this rates are ok. By doing every daily (3-6 matches per day), so. should be able, to work on one piece per week. NiM-raiders don't get their gear faster. You should just not as stupid at some people, to buy 230's for components. The way is, to upgrade the legendary stuff from crates and operations.

Don't expect Bioware to design the system for your personal playstyle.

Same here. It's not great, but I don't think it's that bad. Assuming we get UCs for both dailies, that's 208 UCs a week from dailies/weekly, plus the UCs you earn for the matches themselves: 126 for 42 losses, 168 for 21 wins. So, if you do nothing more than complete your dailies/weekly, you earn 334-376 UCs per week. That seems like enough to get you into set bonus gear in a reasonable time.

Exactly. Doing the daily every day is not 'forsaking your life'. Its 7 hours per week for a 242 item.

Edited by DarthZaul

I take it you didn't PvP in 4.0.

As long as PVP-specific gear is gone we will never get a fast track to being geared for PVP ever again. Because that would also be a fast track to getting geared generally, without doing story or operations or whatever other content Bioware is trying to incentivize playing.

This is why I mostly just advocate for components being legacy bound, because I could at least see some hope of this actually happening. I could gear a 2nd or 3rd class (forget playing every class like you could in 4.0, those objectively more fun days are gone) via playing the one I've actually managed to get gear for or the one I prefer to play most of the time.

Exactly. Doing the daily every day is not 'forsaking your life'. Its 7 hours per week for a 242 item.

Did you think for even a second what that math actually translates into overall (let's assume it's accurate for the sake of argument)? 7 hours multiplied by 14 item slots comes out to a whopping 98 hours PER CHARACTER. And that's for a tier of gear that will be replaced by yet another in the next patch.

Please. This patch is still a ****-your-alts grindfest. I get that MMO players are OK with this state of affairs for PVE but it's an objectively poor setup for PVP.

Removing PVP-specific gear was a giant mistake.

Edited by yellow_

As long as PVP-specific gear is gone we will never get a fast track to being geared for PVP ever again. Because that would also be a fast track to getting geared generally, without doing story or operations or whatever other content Bioware is trying to incentivize playing.

This is why I mostly just advocate for components being legacy bound, because I could at least see some hope of this actually happening. I could gear a 2nd or 3rd class (forget playing every class like you could in 4.0, those objectively more fun days are gone) via playing the one I've actually managed to get gear for or the one I prefer to play most of the time.

Did you think for even a second what that math actually translates into overall (let's assume it's accurate for the sake of argument)? 7 hours multiplied by 14 item slots comes out to a whopping 98 hours PER CHARACTER. And that's for a tier of gear that will be replaced by yet another in the next patch.

Please. This patch is still a ****-your-alts grindfest. I get that MMO players are OK with this state of affairs for PVE but it's an objectively poor setup for PVP.

Removing PVP-specific gear was a giant mistake.

You are, of course, spot on correct.

Pre 5.0 it was good.... there was pvp gear and pve gear ... which was fine, PvP gear wasn't that powerful for pve stuff, and pvp people didn't care, cause they needed gear to do the story and to do pvp... like me, i did the story and then pvp.

I could gear up my alts, and have no trouble... now it takes aaages to grind gear for your main, with casual play, like I do, my Sniper is full 230, with earpieces and impants being 230 blue, set bonus of 230 with head 234 and MH 234, haven't seen a purple MH yet tho.

I am rank 98.... it has been how long since they launched this crap? I have 4 more alts, with the time I have for the game, there is not a freaking hope, unles I do the only thing that dops tokens, which is ops .. so I have to go and do PVE stufff... great job. But I don't want to do same contet over and over and over, cause FP's, Uprisings don't drop set bonus pieces.

I have no words, simply.

Of course you are, I mean, who would doubt something said on the interweb right?

Here are a few realities - Tier 1 costs 1190 components - that's 238 WINS or 595 losses - Tier 2 costs 1940 components, 388 WINS or 970 losses - and Tier 3 is 2915 components, which is only 583 wins or 1458 losses...which sounds very casual friendly and obviously something you can get 2 pieces of per week like you claim right? :rolleyes:

Thankfully you're not getting Arenas because those numbers would double...;)

If you're going to lie, at least do the math before you lie.

2x 242 pieces upgraded via components from 230, like you mentioned, would be 750 components total needed to upgrade (2x150 to T2 then 2x225 to T3). At the current rate, that's 150 warzone wins. Per week. Assuming you won them all. For your "efficient casual play."

Cool story, bro.

WHAT are you talking about???

Lets consider the most "Chest":

Tier 1: Chest - 100

Tier 2: Chest – 150

Tier 3: Chest - 225

475 components to buy a 230 upgrade to 236 and to 242!!! That is 60 won GSF matches, thats is pretty much doable in a week!! Why you call me a liar??

I'm definitely not happy, especially when you factor in that they keep moving the bar. It's clear the intent is that the "excitement" doesn't end at GC level 300.

When you look at the costs to get items, then consider you have to go through multiple tiers of unassembled in many cases to be able to buy, on your own, specific set bonus items, it's just not enough reward per wz. Don't take the lack of intense rage threads on the forums of late as acceptance and that things are good with the game. The 5.1 changes didn't solve the issues. You just put a small Band-Aid on problems that require surgery. In fact, I think people are now apathetic, for the most part, and that's bad news.

Edited by Kirtastropohe

WHAT are you talking about???

Lets consider the most "Chest":

Tier 1: Chest - 100

Tier 2: Chest – 150

Tier 3: Chest - 225

475 components to buy a 230 upgrade to 236 and to 242!!! That is 60 won GSF matches, thats is pretty much doable in a week!! Why you call me a liar??

Right, and then you said you did two per week that way, and said you did it as a casual. At least one of those things simply is not true.

One hardly sees any progress while grinding all these different currencies called "tokens", "unassembled components" and "unassembled this or that", then still having to grind more "unassembled components" and finally trading part of this crap for 1 item that then is tradeable for a better item together with even more grinded unassembled whatever stuff and tokens...

It is EXTREMELY demotivating to gear like this, at least as a PvPer.

To be honest, I can't even remember where the vendor is to trade currency A for currency B, or the vendor to trade currency B for currency D; and then I find myself wandering around in circles to find the vendor who sells unassembled item E for currency whatever; or the next vendor who FINALLY sells the item; or the other vendor who sells the upgraded item etc.

Edited by Cretinus

where did all of these people who think being able to get a single piece of gear that is about to be one-upped in 5.2 with a week's worth of play is an acceptable state of affairs come from

can you carebears please go and take your pve stockholm syndrome with you