Updated Unassembled Component Rates - 5.1.2

EricMusco

So Eric, with all due respect....

You really think that putting ppl into endless grind they will be subbed for ever?

Let me answer you....NO

At least correct some mistakes, increase rng and/or make unassembled components and command level legacy wide(perk at least).

It is SIMPLY IMPOSSIBLE to get our alts to 300 or 400 or whatever new tier and level is gonna be in the future time and same will happens when it comes to gearing.

We re close to let it go at least my guild and my friends, and i believe most of players right now thinking if not the same, about the same as i am.

They re not QQing for nothing. They have a reason...

So plz listen to players in forums and try to understand them instead of ignoring them completely.

Better. I'm suggesting you to play a char to 300 and gear him without press an auto button as a dev....

EDIT:

According to this...

In the future

Unassembled Components and Legacy. We understand your Legacy is important to you and we agree with that, we are looking at ways to address that in the future.

It really seems to me that you're telling in our faces "stay with us and wait"......subbed.

I don't think is hard to make it legacy.

After all if it won't work it will be another one mistake of yours...

P.S.

Excuse my poor English as it is not my native language.

Edited by Sotmax

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday was the first time I have purchased gear with Components and Tokens and it is the most asinine thing ever. First, went over to the Tier 1 Component vendor to buy an unassembled piece. Then, took that piece and walked over to the Tier 1 Token vendor and bought the piece. Then, took that piece and walked over to the Tier 2 Component vendor and traded it in for a Tier 2 unassembled piece. Then, finally, walked over to the Tier 2 Token vendor and got a usable Tier 2 piece.

This is easier and less confusing than crystals?!?

We also need a way to exchange duplicate pieces we have gotten out of crates. I have gotten 4 yellow pieces out of my Tier 2 crates (and I'm almost at Tier 3 now) .... 1 implant and 3 leg pieces. At least let me trade in those two extra leg pieces for something I can use.

So we have these Galactic Command Tokens, and surprisingly we have a legacy wallet for them. A good idea, that bioware could implement is to put the unassembled components in a legacy wallet. Actually They should do the same for credits, IMO. It wasn't hard for the devs to implement the legacy wallet for Galactic Command Tokens, why would this be so difficult? Also why is there a cap on unassembled components, if there is going to be a cap it should at least be in the thousands range.

Eric, is your goal to NOT have PvP as a viable means for gearing? These values are ridiculously low given the extreme prices you're asking people to pay and the upgrade path you're making people jump through to get items. This is absurd.

No pvp is not intended as a primary gearing method but a way to get that one or two pieces you are missing. Its a supplementary system. GC crates are still your primary method of getting high tier gear.

We want to be really careful of how many Components are awarded from losses, specifically to combat AFKers in PvP. We will monitor post 5.1.2 and make further adjustments as needed!

-eric

---

Not with 5.1.2. We know Components being available to your Legacy is something that is highly desired. We are still looking at how to address that and when we would be able to do so. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

1. There is nothing to monitor or adjust with the current system imo : 3 per loss is overkill with bolster such as it is, and it's gonna get even worse when tier IV drops. You're effectively just setting the rate to 3 per match for anyone with starter or near-starter gear. People like that will soon be as undesirable in warzones as people with pve gear were pre-5.0, with the difference that there's no sure way to get to an acceptable level without insane amounts of unrelated to pvp grinding. And why should they want to pvp in the first place, when they most likely will bring the entire team down.

If your answer to that is grind chapter 2 for X hours or you won't be effectively able to pvp, then i dunno what more to say.

Also, anything higher than 3 per loss will reward afkers. Which means rewards need to be tied to participation. Award comps for medals, or a combination of medals and objectives, or better yet a score based on a combination of all pvp stats that make sense, weighted appropriately and dynamically. It's not an easy balance, but it's worth looking into, and a sure way to lose afkers while simultaneously not penalizing active players, at least not as much. Those stats more or less reflect a win or a loss anyway, so the result should be higher for winning anyway. (it goes without saying that a way to actually drop afkers from warzones is also needed)

2. This is marketing speak for please stay subbed. The only thing to look at or address is whether comps should be gone entirely and replaced with gc tokens (already legacy), or just become legacy-wide. Sorry, but at this point there's no other acceptable way.

No pvp is not intended as a primary gearing method but a way to get that one or two pieces you are missing. Its a supplementary system. GC crates are still your primary method of getting high tier gear.

Ah yes. "GC crates drop rate"... We have dismissed that claim.

No pvp is not intended as a primary gearing method but a way to get that one or two pieces you are missing.

Which of course doesn't matter at all. It doesn't matter that BW mistakenly thought that the crates would be the primary method the players would chose to gear up. It was obviously not the case from the moment they (re)-introduced a deterministic gearing system. The crates are the secondary, random bonus system; the vendors are the only thing that really matters in the long run.

Its a supplementary system. GC crates are still your primary method of getting high tier gear.

No, it isn't, regardless of what Bioware says.

Edited by stoopicus

Hey folks,

As I mentioned in the GC roadmap thread, 5.1.2 at the end of February will bring a lot of changes to Missions and Unassembled Components. For this post I want to focus on Unassembled Components and the specific changes that you can expect. Below you will find the new values along with what their old values were.

• Warzone Win: 8 (up from 5)
  • Warzone Loss: 3 (up from 2)
  • Arena Win: 4 (up from 3)
  • Arena Loss: 2 (up from 1)
  • Solo Ranked Win: 8 (up from 5)
  • Solo Ranked Loss: 3 (up from 2)
  • Group Ranked Win: 10 (up from 8)
  • Group Ranked Loss: 4 (up from 3)
  • GSF Win: 8 (stays the same)
  • GSF Loss: 3 (stays the same)

Currently in the game, PvP Missions do not award any Unassembled Components. In 5.1.2 we will be adding them onto all of the Mission rewards. Here are their values:

• Warzone Daily: 12
  • Warzone Weekly: 40
  • Solo Ranked Daily: 16
  • Solo Ranked Weekly: 30
  • Group Ranked Solo: 20
  • Group Ranked Weekly: 60

These are the adjusted Component rates coming in 5.1.2 on Feb 28. Thanks everyone.

-eric

I am not going to over beat the dead horse that the UCs are still way too low. It is clear that the UCs are not intended nto be a gearing system, but more of a weak side kick for GC.

I have major other concerns:

Arena Rewards:

Historically rewards were equal to WZ, wither it was WZ comms or CXP early in 5.0. The gap in rewards between them in WZs keeps expanding. "Well gee, that take much less time," but do they? Try playing an arean with 2 healers on each team or a healer and a tank and tell me how quickly these end. In addition, losing in arenas in particular is extremely unrewarding. If I am certain that will happen cuz the other team has 1-2 healers and our team does not, I instantly leave. This is what the system now encourages. It is an arena and your team considerably has the upper hand play it. No, leave immediately.

Tier 1 is still way to expensive:

Even with the UC prices being improved and with the 250% increased CXP, you need minimum a month of casual play to just have tier 1. And that is per toon. Understandable tier 3 is expensive and tier 2 is not easily attainable, but tier 1 requires too much time investment, which is beyond unreasonable. Just a reminder, tier 1 in 4.0 was doable in under a week. And BW reduced their prices in 3.3 cuz even with the low prices tier 1 was not easily attainable. I am pretty confident less than 5% of the population has full 230 *(entry gear) currently, if back at 3.3 less than 2% had full 208 (max gear).

Uncertainty:

Out of all issues this is certainly the worst. I will talk a bit here about datamined info, cuz honestly we all know its coming and it is incredibly concerning. So we have one additional tier coming (248) not sure why exactly since almost no one has full 242s. In any case, when that happens does 236 become tier 1? Are we seriously going to have 4 tiers of gear in PvP?! Are the UC prices going to change or the new tier going to be substantially more expensive? What will the changes to GC be?

I had the same problem prior to this patch cuz I had no idea what UC prices are going to be. Should I spend the UCs? Should I wait till 5.2? Same problem with credits as well. I am sitting on a 30 million credits, which I can use to buy 240 mods and enhancements. If there is a new tier of gear though, the 240 will be not competitive and I will need the next tier (246?). So spending credits right now on 240 is extremely unwise.

You, Eric, had a response to Snave concerning this issue, and did not address it. And I was not planning to unsub, but I am really considering it till 5.2 is out. I am also very reluctant of leveling toons cuz playing them at level 70 until we have a stabilized system is a bad idea.

Now add, we do not know when are class balance changes coming, and if they are will it be a minor changes or a cascading event (they tend to be the later). In terms of class balance it has been a mega roller coaster since 3.0, unless you are a healing sorc. Again, not sure what toons should I level to 70.

I am not sure if I should spend UCs or not.

Not sure should I spend credits or not.

Not sure which what classes will be competitive. They all should be, but we all know that is not remotely the case.

I do not want to be trying to dig class balance and gear changes from datamined info, but BW is not even remotely transparent and there is so much uncertainty regarding not only content quantity, but since 5.0, also game system changes. This does not benefit anyone.

The game feels in beta mode after 6 years, even though we had largely stable periods from mid 2.0 till end of 4.0. Transparency is a major issue.

Maybe we should just give a flat rate per medal, capping at 8 or something. And a +2 bonus for winning.

On the bright side, this will:

ENCOURAGE NO/LESS AFK-ING

ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO PLAY OBJECTIVES AND TANKS! :D

But yes please just bind it to legacy, it's just a needless individual grind. You have made a kindred spirit Bioware.

"ALTS"

Allow us to play them by making gearing legacy wide. No other games has this much indulgence in alternative characters. Some of us have 20+.

AND YES....omg, please force 2 dps, 1 tank, 1 healer arenas...ranked and non-ranked. I'm fighting against tons of healers or a group with no healer and the other group has 3....it's just pointless.

Edited by CaptJames

Hey folks,

As I mentioned in the GC roadmap thread, 5.1.2 at the end of February will bring a lot of changes to Missions and Unassembled Components. For this post I want to focus on Unassembled Components and the specific changes that you can expect. Below you will find the new values along with what their old values were.

• Warzone Win: 8 (up from 5)
  • Warzone Loss: 3 (up from 2)
  • Arena Win: 4 (up from 3)
  • Arena Loss: 2 (up from 1)
  • Solo Ranked Win: 8 (up from 5)
  • Solo Ranked Loss: 3 (up from 2)
  • Group Ranked Win: 10 (up from 8)
  • Group Ranked Loss: 4 (up from 3)
  • GSF Win: 8 (stays the same)
  • GSF Loss: 3 (stays the same)

Currently in the game, PvP Missions do not award any Unassembled Components. In 5.1.2 we will be adding them onto all of the Mission rewards. Here are their values:

• Warzone Daily: 12
  • Warzone Weekly: 40
  • Solo Ranked Daily: 16
  • Solo Ranked Weekly: 30
  • Group Ranked Solo: 20
  • Group Ranked Weekly: 60

These are the adjusted Component rates coming in 5.1.2 on Feb 28. Thanks everyone.

-eric

:D I think the Dailies rewarding Components, is great and will greatly speed up the gearing process good job guys!! also i hope it encourages guilds or groups to play more ranked or maybe even group ranked that 60 components is looking nice. thats like a piece or 2 a week for free just from quests.

Edited by Spoonwithyou

This Update still is looking good you guys need to get over the RNG of crates the real way to gear is to get the components, and if your lucky something good from a crate.

I don't agree.

The reason why we still rant is because this system STILL forces us to play 1 ALT. Grinding gear on 2 or 3 alts is like a full time job and forces you in the limited time you have playing this game to do just that: GRIND.

I have 3 alts now and it's depressing. What about those who have 5 or more ?

In my oppinion CXP farming is a totally unnatural way of playing the game.

I really love playing my SIn in warzones but not matter how much I love, I get bored of it in time but when I think of making a jUggernaut and getting him to command rank 200 again ? I think you understand what I mean.

Good question! Currently, GSF is a great source of both Components and CXP so we really wanted to focus on getting Warzones to a better place with 5.1.2. After the changes go live Tuesday we will continue to monitor to see how Component gains look. We are absolutely open to adding Components to those Missions in the future if needed.

-eric

As usual, you just forget about the GSF, admit it. You can't return more than 2 years sharing daily/weekly in GSF.

Not even remotely good enough boost.

Losses are still too low, with premades running rampant its ridiculously stupid to solo que now. Unless you land on a premade team, you won't win. Period. Some pvp matches drag on forever, and end up in a loss. 2 components for 12-15 min matches not worth it. Components would be better off granted by how much time spent in a WZ but I don't think you guys have that system in place. Premades get into a huttball match and just 6-0 in 5 min, and keep doing that over and over again. Losses need to be bumped up in order for this grind to be tolerable IMO.

This grind is horrible, and its not helping alt players at all. If you guys are deadest on these UC gains then consider reducing tier 1 gear (the 230s) they are way to expensive for "entry" level gear.

Not impressed. I appreciate BW trying, but making UC only obtainable through pvp then having to sludge through premade after premade after premade, its tiring. Sucked all the fun out of pvp this xpac tbh.

This is easier and less confusing than crystals?!?.

No, and it's not supposed to. This is how warzone comms worked pre 5.0, just that you get gear tokens for the PVE vendor instead of the gear itself.

Gearing IS much easier and less confusing than it was compared to crystals. Crystal gear had slot-bound armorings with no set bonus and the inferior lettered mods. You are guaranteed to get such a piece from every single command crate, and the armorings are not bound to a slot. You also have a chance to get a set bonus piece.

If you want to work for a certain set bonus piece you have to do PVP or ops just like before.

Edited by Mubrak

Some pvp matches drag on forever, and end up in a loss. 2 components for 12-15 min matches not worth it.

A loss can be worth up to 8 UC's if you're doing both a daily and a weekly. The lowest possible is 2, but only if you finished your daily and got an unranked arena match-up.

Wanna maximize your UC gains?

1. Queue up for ranked after finishing your unranked daily, and do GSF until it pops.

2. Do dailies on your alts and hope for legacy UC's to arrive soon (or just spend them on your alts).

Edited by Eli_Porter

A loss can be worth up to 8 UC's if you're doing both a daily and a weekly. The lowest possible is 2, but only if you finished your daily and got an unranked arena match-up.

Wanna maximize your UC gains?

1. Queue up for ranked after finishing your unranked daily, and do GSF until it pops.

2. Do dailies on your alts and hope for legacy UC's to arrive soon (or just spend them on your alts).

Dear dude

If we were all cows u would be the cow with the bell in the neck, leading the pack to became Kobe Beef

No, and it's not supposed to. This is how warzone comms worked pre 5.0, just that you get gear tokens for the PVE vendor instead of the gear itself.

Gearing IS much easier and less confusing than it was compared to crystals. Crystal gear had slot-bound armorings with no set bonus and the inferior lettered mods. You are guaranteed to get such a piece from every single command crate, and the armorings are not bound to a slot. You also have a chance to get a set bonus piece.

If you want to work for a certain set bonus piece you have to do PVP or ops just like before.

Well, not quite.

Before 5.0 you have the 204s and 208s. The 204 shells were needed if you wanted the 208s. Fairly straightforward.

With the new system you have 230, 234, 236, 240, and 242. All of these have the possibility of dropping from crates but you need the 230 shells to be able to trade in at the vendor for 236 and 242 with the 234 and 240s being left out. They actually managed to clutter up the system by adding the 2 intermediary gear levels (234 and 240).

This is pathetic. Just pathetic. You guys realize it doesn't actually cost you any money to give out more components per match, right? To make gearing take less time than actual YEARS and HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS of PvP matches PER CHARACTER. Or do you still think the mobile game microtransaction grind is really going to keep people subscribed?

Absolutely pitiful. EA needs to fire this whole development team already and put in some people who know how to develop for a AAA MMORPG rather than Candy Crush or Clash of Clans.

Edited by AscendingSky