Camera options: Smart pivot!

Jebo

Bioware confirmed in the Best Buy chat last night that we would get a toggle in a future update.

Just bear with it until then, whenever 'then' may be. :p

And, yes, it sucks. Every true pvper hates it with a passion.

Sounds perfect. Could you find that link and post it here?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware confirmed in the Best Buy chat last night that we would get a toggle in a future update.

Just bear with it until then, whenever 'then' may be. :p

And, yes, it sucks. Every true pvper hates it with a passion.

If it's true what they're saying then we might as well close this topic... or not...? :p

I agree it is slightly bizarre this isn't in. Based on the length of time this has been complained about, and the apparent lack of response, I am guessing there is a technical issue with it. Otherwise, why not simply code it in? :confused:

To be honest i don't think i will be able do much end game if i can't get rid of the infuriating camera. It is hard to describe how horrible it is for people who are used to PvP in other MMO's. It really is my only major criticism of the game so far.

We've been complaining about this since BETA, I hope Bioware gets the hint to enable this or turn this function off.. in the meantime, could we also fix autofollow? It worked fine before release, but now it hardly works for 5 seconds.. :D

In the beta there was a post going about the lack of Camera options in the game.

One of these options is the ability to turn off smart pivot.

What does "Smart pivot" do? It will position the camera behind the character every time you let go of the left mouse button.

Why do we need an option to turn it off? We should have the option to turn it off for several reasons.

One: PvP with smart pivot on is simply impossible if you run away from an enemy and you want to target this player. The moment you let go the left mouse button to target this player, your camera will snap right back behind the character you're playing and therefore being unable to target anything that is behind you while moving that is.

Two: PvE with smart pivot on is a nuisance because you cannot focus on a certain spot in the game field, you are forced to face that position with your character which could be annoying in certain situations, especially during boss fights (with adds)

All in all, smart pivot is preventing you, the player, to have full control over the game.

I really hope that Bioware will work on this feature, which is a normal option in any other MMO i have played.

When I made chars in wow this was the first thing i turned off everytime before doing my keybinds, I don´t know why in a new game like this that smart pivot is even in the game, who would want to play like that if they could do anything else?

What are all the morons talking about...it's in the damn options, if you bother to actually look for it.

Someone playing with smartcamera (i.e a keyboardturner) calling other gamers morons, how original.

And no, there is no option to turn off the smart camera. How can you not realize the hundreds of people asking for this since early beta obviously already scrutinized the UI options to hell and back.

Edited by Flowerslayer

What are all the morons talking about...it's in the damn options, if you bother to actually look for it.

That's a totally different option. The one you're talking about is for terrain.

The one addressed in this thread is different.

Next time you're in game, run, then swivel the camera around, then let go. It automatically snaps behind you. Every MMO has the option to turn this off, and so should swtor.