On Tacos and Tattoos

TaitWatson

Thanks for everything you've done, and good luck in your future adventures. You won't regret moving to San Diego - Southern California is hard to beat, and San Diego is a beautiful place to live in more ways than one!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there is an inside joke here... David S. Pumpkin is who? And snowballs?

David S Pumpkins is a skit on Saturday Night Live featuring Tom Hanks. It's *********** funny. Just type in David S Pumpkins into Youtube and you'll see it. It's hilarious!

Best of luck to you, Tait.

And am I the only one who finds it sad that a Development Director's first and only post on this forum is to make a "Can I have your stuff" joke?:confused:

I also may have been here as Server Droid in the past, but shhh! If you ever watch live streams and they throw a question back to the team as they're not sure - I'll normally have Tait or Keith post in chat for me. So I am around, just not in name.

I decided to break character for Tait, cause he deserves the love :jawa_smile:

I also may have been here as Server Droid in the past, but shhh! If you ever watch live streams and they throw a question back to the team as they're not sure - I'll normally have Tait or Keith post in chat for me. So I am around, just not in name.

This is not the droid you're looking for ;)

*Achievment unlocked: Get a yellow answer* :D

Well, maybe you should, if you have the time to spare. A few more yellor posts, even if it's just chitchat, would go a long way. And that's not aimed at you specifically, but every of you yellow ones ;)

Edited by Torvai

All the best to you, Tait! Hope you enjoy San Diego as much as I have (or more). Thanks for all the work you've done for me and the other players! Can't help you with the name of the fish taco place, but I could provide the name of an excellent dim sum establishment if you're interested.

All the best to you, Tait! Hope you enjoy San Diego as much as I have (or more). Thanks for all the work you've done for me and the other players! Can't help you with the name of the fish taco place, but I could provide the name of an excellent dim sum establishment if you're interested.

And don't forget Little Italy. There are some great Italian restaurants there!

"What are you doing now, Tait?"

Hmm, Tait my man,I just remembered so I've been reviewing some of my notes from the the wz'(Yup I keep those). I'm quite sure U harassed me once or twice in those wz':eek: to the degree that I made a rage ticket:rak_03:, dunno which server it was tho.

You gonna keep visiting us?

@Tait

Man! , you were the egg to the pancake, the bonding agent..... the "stream team" was nothing without lurkier Taitius Maximus... freeing the people from the bonds of slavery and awarding accordingly. Giving us free stuff during times of oppression (no offense fake Arcann aka Musco)

You will be missed :)

Fark man. just have fun. enjoy your new adventure #trollface the old.

DONT TURN BACK ....

otherwise you are fair game #Harbinger

• Dev Post
Should this not be in off topic with the rest of the I'm leaving' threads?

I made that joke to Tait when he made the post, straight to off-topic :rak_03:.

Do we know anything about your replacement yet? Is it someone being promoted internally but then again that should probably be a new thread entirely.

It is impossible to replace our Taiters!

As Tait mentioned, his responsibilities are only in part on the Community team so it isn't quite as simple as just hiring a new person for that role. In the short term, his Community team functions such as patch notes and maintenance messaging will go to me. Looking forward we will look at how to handle those responsibilities. Whether that means hiring someone new or shifting it to someone internally, we'll see.

-eric

PS - Be afraid, maintenance times will never be correct ever again. Timezones are my weakness.

As Tait mentioned, his responsibilities are only in part on the Community team so it isn't quite as simple as just hiring a new person for that role. In the short term, his Community team functions such as patch notes and maintenance messaging will go to me. Looking forward we will look at how to handle those responsibilities. Whether that means hiring someone new or shifting it to someone internally, we'll see.

-eric

PS - Be afraid, maintenance times will never be correct ever again. Timezones are my weakness.

No more vacations or even sick time for you I guess. :p

Seriously though..... one person, responsible for all customer facing communications, is insufficient for the size of this MMO and it's player population. It is simply not possible to do this well at that staffing level.

You don't need the army the studio had at launch... but you need at least 2 (but preferably 3) people in my view.... you, a right hand person to assist you, and one that works off hours to actively face the EU and AP players who really getting short changed with the difference in time zones and hours. Also, leaving the forum to free roam on weekends and holidays is not very good in my view. You just have to come in and mop up the mess on Monday, or sometimes in the middle of the weekend if the forum has gone all "jello smearing all over the kitchen floor" on you.

Having managed customer facing teams over the years........ I'd be happy to 'splain that to your boss if you like. :D

Edited by Andryah

Ahh so your responsible for the time displayed in the forum posts ;) , mine are minus 2 hrs to what the actual time is for my location in Australia so while its 10:30 am here post says 08:30 am .

-eric

Does that mean you will spend more time on the forums now and be able to post acknowledgement responses to say you guys have seen something important and will get back to us or look into it ;)

-eric

This might help you on time zones. https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html