Pubs Harb

Nickodemous

My favorite.....

Strut on by like a king....telling everyone they know nothing...lol...

A lot of that....and I am going to beat u all down....

When u crying like a ***** and no one can stand u.......I don't like many of u...

Edited by Nickodemous

I've been playing Pube side recently because I'm a masochist

pug groups, at best, win 1 out of every 10 matches...I'm being generous with that estimate tbh.

Pubes only win consistently with premades; so *********** sad.

but I admit, the pain of constant anal devastation forces me to play better.

pug groups, at best, win 1 out of every 10 matches...I'm being generous with that estimate tbh.

Been playing a lot of Pubside pvp lately, and I think I have figured out the problem:

Most pubs play Jedi, because it's Star Wars, and you end up with warzones of Consulars and Knights going up against Imp teams full of snipers and mercs. Sad as it is, being a Star Wars game, the force users just can't compete. I will see four to five mercs and two to three snipers in every match, yet I will only see the odd commando here and there and rarely see any gunslingers. Playing a scoundrel, I am, more often than not, the only non jedi on my team.

I also remember the days when Pubs always had heals and the Imps rarely did, now it's the other way around. Those merc/sniper teams are always paired with a sorc healer, without fail. Pubs seem to rarely have healers queuing at 70.

This is my observation, pvping as a Scoundrel non stop at 70 over the last two weeks. In my last 25 matches, I went 3-22. It's pretty bad.

Edited by Vember

Pure Republic bliss, two matches- daily done and just in time to relax before work. I'm a healer on Republic side so it's usually a case of how effective I can be and whether I need to drop healing for objectives. At least on Novare Coast, I can do both and that last match was awesome. I kept my tank and myself up despite at times, terrible outnumbered odds. We held that emplacement fair and square but this is why I always check someone on my team is capping our side.

Until Bioware fixes Factional Imbalance the problem will exist for more years to come, anyone how avidly plays Imp and Pubs of the same class knows that the Imp versions die slower and kill easier.

Class imbalance is a joke, on what planet are the Devs hiding on, anyone can see Merc and Sniper players don't need any skill to win, they just shoot and people die in seconds, and if a group fight a Merc or Sniper their defenses are way over the top.

I don't know what Bioware trey to achieve when they leave balance so out of kilter for so long, but based on Bioware you can only assume they are either *********** stupid or make money out of it somehow, not that I can see how they would.

Its a joke, if you want to win most WZs you have to play your Imp, if you want to play Pub then you have to be happy to be on the receiving end of a Turkey Shoot in may games.

Been playing a lot of Pubside pvp lately, and I think I have figured out the problem:

Most pubs play Jedi, because it's Star Wars, and you end up with warzones of Consulars and Knights going up against Imp teams full of snipers and mercs. Sad as it is, being a Star Wars game, the force users just can't compete. I will see four to five mercs and two to three snipers in every match, yet I will only see the odd commando here and there and rarely see any gunslingers. Playing a scoundrel, I am, more often than not, the only non jedi on my team.

I also remember the days when Pubs always had heals and the Imps rarely did, now it's the other way around. Those merc/sniper teams are always paired with a sorc healer, without fail. Pubs seem to rarely have healers queuing at 70.

This is my observation, pvping as a Scoundrel non stop at 70 over the last two weeks. In my last 25 matches, I went 3-22. It's pretty bad.

You are so right.PUB side is mostly force-users, which are not as powerful is gun-wielding classes, so we get owned by Mercenaries and Snipers. Plus there is almost never a healer on the PUB team,while the IMp side at least has one or a merc/sorc that actually off-heals.

You are so right.PUB side is mostly force-users, which are not as powerful is gun-wielding classes, so we get owned by Mercenaries and Snipers. Plus there is almost never a healer on the PUB team,while the IMp side at least has one or a merc/sorc that actually off-heals.

Last night was really bad....every single match i played in, 10+, over half of the Imp team were mercenaries. Every.single.match. I could count the number of commandos I saw last night on one hand.

Edited by Vember

I agree that this is part of the problem. Let's review the plot of the original star wars movies that made this franchise the power house that it is today:

So there's this awesome beloved guy named Darth Vader who is totally the hero. He works for this cool guy that everyone loves who is the Sith Emperor. Along comes this whiney goodie two shoes Jedi and his friends. Vader tells them to step off and totally smokes them with his blaster rifle. There's not any dramatic lightsaber fights or anything, the fights are all people shooting at each other from afar. They don't move around or do flips in the air and stuff they just sit up on a big pipe where nobody can get at them and pew pew pew away. Anyone using a lightsaber gets killed right away and has no chance of winning.

Ok now obviously I'm being sarcastic but the point is I have to wonder sometimes whether or not new people who join the game get the "Star Wars" experience they are looking for from the PvP content in SWTOR. Would the average Jedi from this time period play huttball? I'm thinking no. I started on the Republic side and huttball was definitely NOT what I signed up to do. What I signed up to do was fight the Empire via epic lightsaber battles and save the galaxy. I can honestly say after four years of play I have kind of given up on the "star wars" end of the game as I remember it from the movies and now it's "a space game with laser swords that reminds me of star wars sometimes."

Edited by TheLunarTick

So that's how I keep losing warzones. I've so far lost 12 WZs in a row and I am not happy about it

For solo queueing:

Pubs pretty much do not play 70 pvp. Queues in 4.0 for 65 pvp the pub participation rate was probably about 40% even though the loss rates for pubs were something like 80%. But now since 5.0 that the loss rates are closer to 100% they just stopped queueing due to the imbalance.

I tried pub 70s, faced imps every war, lost every war. Went over to imps, face imps almost every war, win 40%+. Every once in awhile you face pubs, then you know its a premade.

6.0 might fix the imbalance. I cannot see how it can be repaired until then. Unless they do something drastic like you get a stackable 10% to all stats pvp buff every time you lose, that only are removed on a pvp win. Or to remove gear from pvp entirely to even it up for both sides. Maybe if the pubs pvpers all do OPS exclusively for a year or two until full geared and then go back to pvp...;-)

I wrote this back in a day before 5.0

My concern is about the amount of CXP you get if you win or lose in WZ. If you earn fewer points when losing, Reps are in trouble. Back before 3.0 I had really hard times gearing my Shadow because of win/loss ratio. On Rep side it was terrible. Gearing an Imp toon was way faster. Add RNG system to this and go straight forward to “Type DELETE”

The result of this problem is that higher win ratio on Imp side leads to more people changing Faction in hope to win more thus providing faster pops for one faction exclusively. Those of us who only pvp obviously go for faster pops. I hop back to Republic as soon as I see at least 8 people to make up a full team in queue, but even on TRE you have to wait till prime time to get decent pops on Rep side. Surely BIO did not think about it when implementing GC. I think with 5.0 cross-faction for all wzs becomes inevitable.

i'm a pvp-only player on harb, rep side, and I gotta say, I don't have a problem with pop times. i'm not sure how fast it is on imp, but it never takes more than a couple mins, and usually pops in under a min. prime time pops faster of corse, but i'm still able to play in the mornings just fine (usually after 8am mountain time). the problem is definitely the win ratio. reps lost 80-90% of wzs. part of me thinks that this is because the kids play rep side it seems, not imp, so the team full of adults is prob going to do better. also reps seems to use what classes they like, and imps mostly use the current fotm. so you have a team with half kids, who have chars that everyone agrees aren't as good in pvp, vs teams of seasoned adults playing mostly with the current op classes... of corse imps are going to win most of the time. only way to fix this is to FULLY MIX THE FACTIONS FOR PVP. nothing else will work imo, at least not anything they're going to be able to implement any time soon.