Solo Operations Petition

boosterexo

I`m a player that HAS to do ALL of the story content in every game I play. Though that is no longer possible in this game. Completing certain ops (Explosive Conflict) has become impossible. Not enough people are willing to do ops anymore. Some days I can`t even get one person to join me. And on those rare occasions that I actually manage to get an ops group together, they always, ALWAYS, quit halfway through because it`s "too hard." Before anyone says anything, yes it`s always set on story mode. On that note, if it`s possible to make solo mode flashpoints, why can`t there be solo mode ops? Especially, if there`s going to be a new op next month. I know there are players that do ops just to get command xp that know what I`m talking about. I would also like to point out, that in the 5 years that I`ve been playing this game, I`ve only completed 2 ops in that entire time, both on story mode.

Who agrees with me?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks solo operations just are not what this game needs, and guess what today's group finder it's EC maybe you will get the achievements then or join a guild that has players that can do this on a regular basis.

Any SM operation isn't that hard if you put the brain power and some sort of skill in place if you fail it keep trying and if certain players you play with are making it so you fail find new ones to replace them with so you can come away with a win instead of that fail. But in my eyes EC was one of the best operations to come out of this game it's well tuned has very good mechanics in all modes and this is also a reason I would hate to see solo operations if they ever did that then a separate set of achievements would have to be added but no way would they do the 8/16M stuff for solo.

What server are you on? I ask because I've seen about a half dozen Explosive Conflict groups form and complete so far today on fleet, and I've only been on for the last 3 hours or so. The server is JC, there are plenty of people willing to do it; and there would probably be more on something like Harbinger.

NO.

Operations are by definition, raids. Raids are by definition..... LARGE GROUP CONTENT. Interestingly, they require a large group to do them.

Besides... petitions in gaming forums are a complete waste of electrons and storage space on the forum server.

I have always thought that in story based games like SWTOR any content which ties into the story or enhances the lore should be made available to everyone, regardless of playstyle.

If you switch out the loot and exp tables for whatever a solo flashpoint has, I think this would actually be a good idea, let people experience the story without taking anything away from the raiding side of things, which is all about the loot.

I have always thought that in story based games like SWTOR any content which ties into the story or enhances the lore should be made available to everyone, regardless of playstyle.

If you switch out the loot and exp tables for whatever a solo flashpoint has, I think this would actually be a good idea, let people experience the story without taking anything away from the raiding side of things, which is all about the loot.

I agree 100%... although you won't get many hardcore raiders who'd support this. Because OP's have "mechanics" n stuff ;)

Personally....I think it's more of a "if people could solo the OP's, even less people would bother que'ing for the regular versions". Even if they didn't give any rewards other than a few credits.

I wish they'd if nothing else give us what I like to think of as "mini OP's" like the final

Revan fight

on Yavin. It'd give us a reason to actually use all these blasted companions we have now. :D

I`m a player that HAS to do ALL of the story content in every game I play. Though that is no longer possible in this game. Completing certain ops (Explosive Conflict) has become impossible. Not enough people are willing to do ops anymore. Some days I can`t even get one person to join me. And on those rare occasions that I actually manage to get an ops group together, they always, ALWAYS, quit halfway through because it`s "too hard." Before anyone says anything, yes it`s always set on story mode. On that note, if it`s possible to make solo mode flashpoints, why can`t there be solo mode ops? Especially, if there`s going to be a new op next month. I know there are players that do ops just to get command xp that know what I`m talking about. I would also like to point out, that in the 5 years that I`ve been playing this game, I`ve only completed 2 ops in that entire time, both on story mode.

Who agrees with me?

What server are you on?

What you should be asking Bioware for is more "new" group content to bring back those players.

Not making group content solo. That is what killed it in the first place. It was people asking for group content to be solo that dumbed down the game and made the core MMO group players leave.

You should also be asking Bio what they are doing about fixing the diminishing population. Oh, I know, how about not releasing stupid expansions with game destroying changes that drive people away.

They could also consider these options to help improve populations.

1. Reinstate the ability to see server populations when you login and look at servers. ( so new players wanting group content don't roll on dead servers)

2. Introduce "Free" legacy transfers for people and guilds off low population servers to higher population servers (only designated ones)

3. Designate and work out solo play servers (for those who only want solo play)

4. Designate group/solo all round play servers

5. Close/merge those other remaining dead servers that aren't designated to either group (currently too many servers, ie, Bastion and POT5)

While those things won't fully fix the population issues because Bioware are killing their own game from within, they would be a good start to addressing some of them.

Group content is designed for groups, not solo. If you can't get group content you are either on a dead server, playing outside of prime time or people have their own guilds. Maybe you could either transfer or find a group content playing guild.

That said, the idea of running ops with 7-15 OP companions makes me giggle. I mean, if you're not in a competent ops team, it would be more fun than trying to cat-herd an ops group of actual human randos, and comps are so OP you could just LEEEROOYYY JENKINS the entire thing for the cutscenes.

The icing on the cake would be if you got the flashpoint droid too.

Edited by stoopicus

The last thing this game needs is more solo content, or for group content to be tuned down to solo content. We've received nothing but solo content for the last two 'expansions' (really more like one expansion cut into two pieces to extend subs) and it hasn't been good for the game.

I'm fine with there being a solo alternative to operations--like how the SoR story gave you the option of continuing via running Temple of Sacrifice, or by completing solo objectives leading up to a solo fight against Revan backed by multiple NPCs. That's a good idea, it means no one is locked out from completing a questline in their mission log.

Edited by AscendingSky

I`m a player that HAS to do ALL of the story content in every game I play.

/notsigned™

If you want everything in the game cuz you're the type of player that HAS to do ALL the story content in the game then you play everything in the game. Just cuz it might take a tiny amount of work instead of a single click doesn't mean things should just be given away.

Where does it end? I want solo ranked PvP versus dummies or bots so I can get all the rewards. Sounds stupid, right? That's cuz it is, just like OP's suggestion is stupid.

TL;DR - Play the damn game if you want stuffs.

Since they can't/won't/just aren't going to do cross servers OR megaservers, they should do this. Just let people play through the stories at their own pace before this game is dead.

There's no plans for fixing this game's main problems. Mostly they're just going to crank out another of their Hollywood wannabe playable movies. That's what's coming next. They're fiddling while Rome is burning so the game is going to die sooner rather than later.

Although hilariously enough, this gives me an idea:

How about they make solo versions of all the previous raids, and make raid versions of all the KoTFE and KoTET chapters?

I agree with uprisings, as the tactical version of them doesn't really work as most groups want a healer in them anyway (or at least an off healer).

Operations, it would be a lot like the Eternal Championship so I see no harm in it but nor much point.

Sorry, no. Group content in a MMO should remain Group content. There should be no addition of solo-mode for any of it at all, but I grudgingly accept that they decided to go that route for several fps here. Ops, however, should never be able to be soloed. Why? They're designed to be done as a group. You can't even use your companions in them because they're designed to be done as a group. They're not meant to be done solo, or really even without a full group, though some groups are very successful with many of them when 6- or 7-manning them. Solo, though? No. Just no.

So you want the last defining content of an MMO to also become soloable, destroy this game as an MMO even further? No thanks. This is an MMO game, and finding an op group is not as hard as it seems. Especially if you have a PvE guild, search around, ask around.... If not, well, simply do not do OPs, plenty of other stuff to do in the game as a solo. The moment OPs become soloable is the moment when it becomes even less likely to find a group to do them with. Everybody would just solo them and "multiplayer" in an MMO that this game supposedly is would lose even more meaning.

First I should say that I don't believe adding Solo Operations would leason the pool of available players. Most solo players I know are already ignoring Ops. The ones that don't, either do them them to get gear or to get the story portions finished. The ones doing it for gear only stop playing once they gear, and the ones doing it for story stop once its done (also they never do any mode above story).

Still I believe that before solo ops are considered, the ease of finding a group should be look at first.

• Lockouts should be removed or atleast changed to allow playing aganst the same boss more than once a week
  • More should done to incourage more players to create tanks and healers
  • Repair costs should be removed
  • Rewards for veterans running with newer players

And if that still doesn't work then consider Tactical Operations with role abilties.