BW, do I really need to go f2p in order to enjoy my class story?

jstankaroslo

Different things for different people tbh

I like the double xp.. it means I don't have to repeat the planet quests for the 1000th time. I can skip them and just do my favourite class quests on a new character. I can also cruise through them to enjoy the story without having to be bothered with everything killing me every 2 seconds.

There's a reason I play most bioware games on casual - cause I like the story and don't much care for difficult combat.

Great. I'm happy for you, that you can play your way and enjoy the game.

I and others want an item that will let us enjoy the game the way we play it. And it will in no way affect your gameplay.

That way more players will be happy. More happy players means better funding for the game, more people playing, queuing, selling on the GTN etc. It is advantageous for everyone.

Don't see why people who don't care, care enough to oppose this. :confused:

Don't see why people who don't care, care enough to oppose this. :confused:

Cos even at the normal xp gain you will still be massively over-levelled, has always been like that... better to come up with a way to play it so that you enjoy it without having to resort to the devs for this. Keep them on content.

Cos even at the normal xp gain you will still be massively over-levelled, has always been like that... better to come up with a way to play it so that you enjoy it without having to resort to the devs for this. Keep them on content.

^^THIS^^

Dismiss your companion, put them on passive, restrict the skills you, or they, use. You're already level synced, Bioware has already give you ample ways to enjoy content you previously outleveled. Wasting even a minute of Dev time on this would be ridiculous given the current state of the game. We have far more pressing issues.

Edited by TUXs

^^ Nut Shell Fact.

But be prepared to get dressed down for it by the OP I think. He's not listening, he is on the demand bandwagon for something that honestly is NOT the place to put dev resources.

And here is a litmus test.. when TUXs and I are both in agreement (which is exceedingly rare) ... you can rest assured the OP is on dangerous ice with a topic.... in fact.. already fallen through the ice. :p

I really do not understand players that simply insist the studio personally come and put a band aid on every perceived boo boo they feel the game has inflicted on them.

Edited by Andryah

^^THIS^^

Dismiss your companion, put them on passive, restrict the skills you, or they, use. You're already level synced, Bioware has already give you ample ways to enjoy content you previously outleveled. Wasting even a minute of Dev time on this would be ridiculous given the current state of the game. We have far more pressing issues.

Why don't you play only merc, sorc or whatever class is OP nowadays? Who needs class balance? Wasting a minute of Dev time on this would be ridiculous given the current state of the game. Or get excited with your RNG crates? Not having fun? Yeah, me to. You don't see me posting idiotic ideas on the topics you care about.

^^ Nut Shell Fact.

But be prepared to get dressed down for it by the OP I think. He's not listening, he is on the demand bandwagon for something that honestly is NOT the place to put dev resources.

And here is a litmus test.. when TUXs and I are both in agreement (which is exceedingly rare) ... you can rest assured the OP is on dangerous ice with a topic.... in fact.. already fallen through the ice. :p

I really do not understand players that simply insist the studio personally come and put a band aid on every perceived boo boo they feel the game has inflicted on them.

I still remember your rage when the slot machine drama unfolded. :D

Both u and TUX don't give a dime for story playing. Been this as long as I remember.

The difference is I don't dismiss topics that I don't care about.

The over-leveling is a problem for some people in this thread and in another one on forums these days.

We want this addressed. Its not like we're demanding 8 new class stories, do we?

You just love to combat people here on forums.

I personally don't mind getting over-leveled. What I did mind was when the quests were no longer relevant when you were, like the quests turned grey and it only gave 1 or 2 exp. Fortunately lvl sync solved this. I also don't mind getting to stomp the bosses, well, it's just a story, the point is to see the cutscene and move forward with the plot. If you want an epic battle between you and the Emperor, or with Darth Baras/Thanaton, you can always headcanon it.

Also, if you seek challenges, there's always Master mode FPs, or Ops, or Eternal Championship. :rak_01:

that depends on the definition of "out-leveling". For me level sync is too high -as we're 2 levels above the original planet level.

And this was not few months back but 4.0 1,5 years back.

Also the original class stories are for a journey. I cannot be level 70 Darth/Master on Taris -I'm still on my way there.

I know you do not get it. And I have no problem with your gameplay style. Play as you wish. But bear in mind there are people, your fellow players you may/might not group up with at some point that are greatly affected by this 'new exciting feature'.

The only way now to avoid being over-leveled is to go f2p and have our xp gain rate reduced this way.

I'm sure this is not the outcome they predicted nor desired.

you get the darth/master as a result of finishing act 3. you cant possibly be doing the story of taris and have those titles.Level sync was inflicted on us so you would never outlevel a planet. What exactly do you need? is it the difficulty? what isnt right? I wouldnt be against them adding a switch that just shut off xp if you wanted.

Why don't you play only merc, sorc or whatever class is OP nowadays? Who needs class balance? Wasting a minute of Dev time on this would be ridiculous given the current state of the game. Or get excited with your RNG crates? Not having fun? Yeah, me to. You don't see me posting idiotic ideas on the topics you care about.

Because I don't start whining threads.

In theory, yes. In practice, definitely not.

While a level 40 for example on a level 20 planet, is reduced to level 20, they have all their level 40 abilities. You crush class story bosses if you overlevel them for that reason, particularly since the changes in 4.0 reduced the strengh of end bosses on starter planets to the level of the planet they're on. Class story bosses are ridiculously easy now even when you don't overlevel them.

An overleveled Jedi Knight for example practically one shots the Emperor now, when they face off on Dromund Kaas.

Bioware needs to adjust the 4.0 changes to bring back class story bosses up to their pre-adjustment difficulty, or to introduce different difficulty modes for class stories. Of course that would require treating the level 1-50 content as something other than 'abandoned,' or in the other words the exact opposite of what Bioware is doing now.

Take the powers you dont want to use off of your bar?

You are planning 250% xp boost (not only CXP but normal xp too) active next 2 months.

At this rate any character I play from level 1 will be very much over-leveled doing the content.

I don't like this as I don't like to be over-leveled. The way I play I need to be close to the planet level I'm on, preferably a bit lower than required level. Why? The game is too easy and this is my way of making it slightly more challenging. Also this helps me to stay immersed and this is my reason for doing old class/planetary stories.

IF you do not re-introduce white acute module -the item that allowed us to opt out of xp boosts - the only way I know to slow down leveling rate is do the stories as f2p.

I do not care about CXP, galactic command and other end game other than KOTFE/KOTET which I've already done enough times.

Do you really want to give people the choice: stay subbed so you can enjoy GC and CXP, go f2p if you wanna enjoy original class stories? I bet not. And I bet I'm not the only one that mostly just creates new characters to journey with them to the Chapter 3 finale.

SO PLEASE CONSIDER giving us something to opt out of the 250%xp boost! Call it acute white module, or whatever you like. It can be even called unassembled elite crystal gearpiece or anything you can come up with. Just give us this option!

I don't mind the bonus xp because the planets are level capped. If I go to Hutta, I'll behave as if I'm L12 while I'm there.

The problem is that so much of the game is unlocked by LEVEL instead of STORY PROGRESSION. For example, my Trooper has JUST arrived on Voss, and right there is a guy telling me how impressed he was that I had gone into the nightmare lands. In other words, the Bonus Series was already unlocked, even though I'd never done ANY quests on Voss. My Sniper couldn't finish the Voss story quests because of this exact issue. I apparently did the finishing quests BEFORE the setup quests, breaking the storyline.

Likewise, I've no idea what order I should be doing Flashpoints in, they're ALL unlocked. This led to a devastating spoiler when my Sniper spoke to one of the NPCs on the Fleet who was offering me a Flashpoint before I had reached the appropriate point in my class story.

In a game so heavily invested in the STORY, it's a critical problem.

I'm with you op. For the same reasons. It's not like we're asking a lot, EA/BW already introduced an in-game item to turn off xp boost before. Do it again!

And to all the haters... no, running naked, or without your companions, or without your skills, or fighting with your fists isn't a viable option to counter the 250% xp gain lol. I mean technically it is, but...what's the point of playing a game about lightsabers, cool gear & companions without lightsabers, cool gear & companions?! :rolleyes:

Edited by tharbison

so this is a no win situation anyway? hope not. :eek:

What I'm really hoping on is they give us the item to negate the xp boost.

What I'd like to see (but I've abandoned all hope) is that they actually pay attention to original class/planetary story game play and bring back the old flair to them

It sounds like you want that Gree item that they allowed players to use to stop the original 12 XP event from being used on their characters. After playing the story lines 25 times I don't really understand this mentality on veteran players, but then if you're playing through for the first time I think it'd be neat if new players had the same experience that we did where XP was slow and you had to really experience the story, planet, and learn the classes. As it stands now too many people reach 50-70 knowing very little about their class and it shows in flashpoints and raids.

Ok, so we've been ignored, as predicted.

BW, you have this thread where player says your "new exciting feature" 350%xp boost ruins their pvp game:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=913595

you have this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=913546

and you have the thread we're in.

In all those threads many people tell you they'd want an opt out. The feature that HAS BEEN in the game and therefore should be somehow easy to implement again.

Yet you choose to ignore us. Can't you do anything right? You implemented Galactic Command and ruined end-gamers' fun. Nowadays you spend ALL your time to try to fix this.

Now you implement new leveling event WITHOUT an opt out and you ruin the other players fun.

If you see your sub numbers dwindling again -look no further. You ignored the warnings, you have another group of players unsatisfied.

Anyway, this is the last straw for me. Good bye

Edited by jstankaroslo

^^THIS^^

Yes, better they waste the time in the new map icons that worked fine (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=913945), than in non selfish argumented changes that some players ask, something that has been implemented previously succesfully.

Level sync never was meant to keep a challenging mode or something similar, but a way for the players to earn experience points everywhere they go so they don't complain that they "progress slower" because they only earn 6 xp points based on how much overleveled they are (we all know the consequences: another interesting idea and another terribly bad implementation of a new feature that broke some interesting fights with final class bosses).

Can preferred still play pvp?

they can, but poorly. You get like 5 WZs a week so if you are a dedicated pvper you need to spend cartel coins on weekly passes. Never bought a pass so I don't know how it exactly works. Either way you pay them if you want to pvp.

I'm done paying for a game that's gets worse all the time. It used to be so fun game. And they just ruin it bit by bit

While I can understand where you are coming from, I think Bioware has more important things to do then worry about some players not wanting the XP bonus. :D

I personally don't see what is wrong with the XP Boost, I level to 70 asap and then just do the class stories then :D

Edited by SebastiaanZ

I don't mind the bonus xp because the planets are level capped. If I go to Hutta, I'll behave as if I'm L12 while I'm there.

The problem is that so much of the game is unlocked by LEVEL instead of STORY PROGRESSION. For example, my Trooper has JUST arrived on Voss, and right there is a guy telling me how impressed he was that I had gone into the nightmare lands. In other words, the Bonus Series was already unlocked, even though I'd never done ANY quests on Voss. My Sniper couldn't finish the Voss story quests because of this exact issue. I apparently did the finishing quests BEFORE the setup quests, breaking the storyline.

Likewise, I've no idea what order I should be doing Flashpoints in, they're ALL unlocked. This led to a devastating spoiler when my Sniper spoke to one of the NPCs on the Fleet who was offering me a Flashpoint before I had reached the appropriate point in my class story.

In a game so heavily invested in the STORY, it's a critical problem.

This I would like to see as well! Along with Story/Veteran/Matter level for the original class stories. I think it would be possible for things to be story progression unlocked, since that's how the original companions' conversations get unlocked.