Light Alignment Tier reset from V to 0!!

Savyl

After it happened one time I sent in a ticket but they didn't reset the character's alignment. She just worked it back up. (Easier than it used to be since the Dark/Light system was introduced.)

For what it's worth, it seems like two things contributed to the cases where it happened to my characters:

1. Going afk and letting the character be logged out while in Section X.
  2. Doing the full multi-stage bonus on the mission where most of the action happens in a non-instanced underground tomb (Pub-side The Dread Guard; don't think it has an Empire equivalent?).

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue a few days ago.

Send in a ticket. GM told me it was related to a Section X quest (forgot which one)

Just stay away from it until its fixed

(not sure why there aint a hotfix that temporarily block the quest)

• 2 weeks later...

This bollocks just happened to me today. So THIS MASSIVE BUG was reported half a year ago and still has not been fixed. WHAT THE F? This game is too broken for me to justify paying for it.

And alignment cannot be restored even via a ticket?

I already filed the bug report ingame but to warn all you guys:

It is definetely not only connected to logging off in SectionX (If at all). I travelled to SecX today via the GC daily mission. I picked up the missions and after a couple of minutes travelled to fleet to grab an extra command boost. Upon arrival on fleet I checked my alignment points and they had reset.

I currently believe that travelling to the fleet from SecX may be enough to have it reset (So might be safer to travel to SH first). Not sure if its the only condition that needs to be met to have the points reset but I am also not very eager to "sacrifice" more of my chars to find out. I was in group at the time and my group member was not on SecX.

Edited by Drake_Averrod

Update: Ancient Prison Suppression is the bonus mission for this Republic-side Section X mission: [DAILY] The Dread Guard. You can safely do the quests for Section X as long as you do not accept this bonus mission. It is dropped by one of the mobs and you will notice because it will have a gold beacon. Just do not loot the mobs for the mission [DAILY] The Dread Guard and you will be fine.

It's easy to get your Light V back by doing crafting missions. Customer support told me Feb 08 2017 that at some point it would be fixed and players would get their Light points back but who knows when that will be so you're better off just getting them back by crafting. Hope this info helps.

Customer support told me Feb 08 2017 that at some point it would be fixed and players would get their Light points back but who knows when that will be so you're better off just getting them back by crafting. Hope this info helps.
Even fixing it right now is half a year too late. I strongly hope customer support will be able to fix my character. Otherwise, it is not support at all and just a token to assuage irate customers.

I play World of Warcraft for extended periods of time. Then I quit and resub months after that. Blizzard has officially stated that they have over 100k registered bugs in their bug tracker but there is nothing there, which can be compared to this bug. It's like I was exalted with Scryers or Aldor and got my reputation completely reset. Blizzard fixes game-breaking bugs right away. Within hours!

It took me about 3 weeks to get Light V. And just one second to get it wiped to zero. And it will probably get wiped again if the bug is not fixed.:mad:

Just happened to me too, did not log out, just joined an ops group and travelled to Voss via the galaxy map, then retuned to section X to do the mission the poster above mentioned (that was the only one I still had to do), did the bonus mission, returned to the mission Dropbox and there I saw I was reset. :(

The weird thing is, I did that mission including the bonus many times in the last few days and nothing happened. Don't know why now but it sucks. :(

Now that I have max reputation at Section X, I avoid it. However, I did continue to go there even after the wipe. As long as you don't accept the bonus mission then all is fine. Remember, just don't loot mobs for the mission Dread Guard.

Update: Ancient Prison Suppression is the bonus mission for this Republic-side Section X mission: [DAILY] The Dread Guard. You can safely do the quests for Section X as long as you do not accept this bonus mission. It is dropped by one of the mobs and you will notice because it will have a gold beacon. Just do not loot the mobs for the mission [DAILY] The Dread Guard and you will be fine.

It's easy to get your Light V back by doing crafting missions. Customer support told me Feb 08 2017 that at some point it would be fixed and players would get their Light points back but who knows when that will be so you're better off just getting them back by crafting. Hope this info helps.

I had picked up the mission [DAILY] The Dread Guard from the terminal but soon after traveled to my stronghold (had not gone to the mission area yet). When I got there the bonus immediately showed up and advanced to Stage 2. Remembered this bug so I checked my alignment and it had been reset. Also had Long Shots in my log.

Maybe the bug is triggered by leaving when you have this mission in your log and the bonus not being complete?

Edited by MrLuigiEW

I had picked up the mission [DAILY] The Dread Guard from the terminal but soon after traveled to my stronghold (had not gone to the mission area yet). When I got there the bonus immediately showed up and advanced to Stage 2. Remembered this bug so I checked my alignment and it had been reset. Also had Long Shots in my log.

Maybe the bug is triggered by leaving when you have this mission in your log and the bonus not being complete?

I'ts triggered when you loot the mob that has the mission to give. It's not an auto accept mission. It's a mob dropped mission so just don't loot the mobs and you will be fine.

This bug happened to me as well. It happened after I had logged out at Section X and back in. Not realizing all my light side points would reset. I cannot purchase anything at all at the light side vendor now. Edited by Jilinna

I'ts triggered when you loot the mob that has the mission to give. It's not an auto accept mission. It's a mob dropped mission so just don't loot the mobs and you will be fine.

Didn't even go near the mobs. Picked daily up from the terminal, stayed near mission terminals a couple minutes then ported to stronghold.

I didn't go near mobs with yellow loot either (at the time when I was reset) just left with the mission (without bonus mission) in my log, returned, started the mission and automatically advanced to stage 2 in the bonus mission when I killed the first mobs (I distinctly remember that they didn't have yellow lines but I still immediately advanced to stage 2, was weird).

Maybe it's just about having the mission in your log when you leave, but then again, I did that on another character without ever having done any missions in section X (went there for the first time, took missions, left) and they weren't reset.

So maybe you have to have looted those mobs before at some point? And then leave with the mission in your log and come back to complete it and that is what resets you? Possibly.

Edited by jacquelee

Here's what I did. I had Light Level 5 go in and drop to zero. I knew the risk but felt the bonus CXP was worth it. I then attempted to replicate Savyl's findings after I got the character back up to Light 2 or so. Savyl is correct, though it's possible there are other triggers.

Here is more detailed explanation, since I did loot some of the guys.

So, I too got the weird bug where you auto advance to Stage 2 for the bonus -- where you click on the little droids. But I did loot the guy which let me skip to Stage 2. For stage 2, I didn't touch those sucker droids. Strangely, when I got to the room where you can complete the final bonus mission, the one where you click on the machine which activates the larger droid, I saw that I had the option available, even though I had touch no droids. I also didn't kill one Sith Lord, which is stage 3.

Even though I had the option to complete the final stage of the bonus quest, I avoided it like the plague and just completed the main quest.

End result: No Light Points Lost.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I have done the mentioned bonus mission many times, even now during this CXP bonus event (on purpose, to see if something happens). I always do all missions incl. bonus missions. My char is still light side V.

I thus cannot confirm that picking up the bonus mission from a mob triggers the bug. Maybe it depends on what mob gives the mission? Maybe it's something else? Maybe even something random? Or a combination of factors?

What I have never done though is: Logging out while being in Section X or leaving Section X with missions open. I have always finished all missions, then handed them in, then leave the area (either by shuttle or QT to SH). Maybe this info helps someone?

I do think it is both doing that bonus mission and logging out / leaving the area. So "don't loot those mobs / don't do the bonus mission" is a solution but I think "don't log out / leave the area while still having that mission in your log or if you do don't do the bonus afterwards" is also enough, no reason to never do that bonus mission.

I'm going to test this right now, intentionally doing that mission plus bonus mission first and then logging out. We'll see what happens.

Edited by jacquelee

FYI I had not received that mission when it happened to me. I had just finished the 'Key to Decryption' quest and I do them all in a specific order. I hadn't made my way over to that area with the two underground dailies.