Suspending Game Logins

EricMusco

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please hurry, my wife has started talking to me..

XD you literately made me crack a laugh.

As someone who haven't played for years, and only played 1-2 hours pr year after free2play came out. (and the last month as a subscriber) I must say I appreciate all the updates Eric gives.

Eric please let know that (even though I still see bugs I reported from pre-f2p) the game has gotten a load of interesting stuff making me want to play it again (actually I've been doing so for the past month and a half).

In short, thanks :-)

EDIT: Uhh.. I see less servers are down in the server status page.. time to login :-)

Edited by Tomse

Ok I thankyou for actually posting and keeping us informed however it seems that you managed to fix the exploit without bringing the game down wich is great but now you are brining the game down to find the people that exploited it ? Hay I am happy that you will find the people that exploited as you should but is it really relevant to bring the servers down now so that subs are actually paying for you to find them im sure this could have been done during weekly maintenece or is it something else just trying to find out what is acctuaally going on.

Actually, they most likely fixed the bug but had to restart the servers to reset the databases effected. One does not just flip a switch and boot servers of this complexity in 30 seconds. they also likely ran a check and fix on their databases or some such. again, it takes time and there isnt much you can do to speed it up. I am sure someone is having a worse morning than most of us fixing this.

Next steps are now that it is fixed, looking into if anyone abused it. I someone abused it, they exploited, and appropriate action will be taken against them. We might take their ill-gotten gains, but no rollbacks or anything like that.

-eric

I totally get why reimbursement is not an option, as we pay for a month, whether we log in or not. I'm ok with that. But I would like to see stronger "appropriate action" taken against those who abuse the system. Perhaps that would make people less likely to take advantage of the next one.

On second thought, that's not logical either. Some people do it just because it's there. All I ask is that you make this time off WE are experiencing worth while. How about preventing the cheaters from being able to log in for an equal amount of time that we've had to wait once the servers come back online? We wait two hours to get this fixed, then once they come back up, the cheaters accounts are blocked from logging in for 2 hours (as you find them).

That would make this so worth while, as I could laugh and laugh and laugh as I play the game I love while they spend another 2 hours staring angrily at their screen waiting to log in. Just saying.:rak_01:

That era of Saturday Night LIVE, or SNL for short. Was the best Era the best cast, Besides Eddie Murphy in the Beginning of the 80s other than that, that 70s cast the first cast was the best even to this very day. Hell i stopped watching SNL after the Originals and Murphy left the show.

Thats some Good Stuff.

Cheese burger, cheese burger, cheese burger, Pepsi, Pepsi, No Coke!

The good old days........

I don't know. Honestly I have to say when someone has wronged me, or did something that would negatively impact me, I love getting that, I don't know, Thrill of the Snitch.

:rak_03:

Very true...there's always another side to the story :)

aint that easy.. LoS can be glitchy since the wifeboss have a way to exploit the LoS..

to use /kick or /slap to interupt her is realy a bad idea.. so gona have to spend alot of credits on companiongifts in an attempt to increase the global cooldown on her main ability "Wifeagro"

the blasted server must come online nooooow :(

or use an ability 'Credit card' sometimes that can defeat the wifeboss and she leaves to go shopping. however this can cost some credits in the long run.

well he also stated several different timeframes about when all was to be fixed...so truly keeping his word on stuff aint the main theme here.

Just saying.

There's been times in the past where maintenance had to be extended to make sure bugs and exploits were fixed. ETAs aren't absolute bud. I know it's frustrating but playing a game as intricate as an MMO you need to understand that. :(

And yet, somehow, I find your math flawed.

Just because you didn't play when it was up, doesn't mean it didn't count.

At most, you'd have lost 5-7 days. Assuming outages last all day, which they don't.

Come on Sir, you didn't see that he typed it in ALL UPPERCASE? :D It has to be true! It's called "Alternative Facts" when you type in all uppercase.

:D :D :D

We are double checking the servers right now to ensure everything is fine and assuming that passes, we will be bringing them up. We aren't too far off now!

-eric

What did you do to Musco, he's suddenly so much more transparent. :eek:

Just kidding, keep us informed, I love it! :)

That era of Saturday Night LIVE, or SNL for short. Was the best Era the best cast, Besides Eddie Murphy in the Beginning of the 80s other than that, that 70s cast the first cast was the best even to this very day. Hell i stopped watching SNL after the Originals and Murphy left the show.

Thats some Good Stuff.

Cheese burger, cheese burger, cheese burger, Pepsi, Pepsi, No Coke!

The good old days........

I miss John, Dan, and Jane. They were amazing.

I used to play another game, which I won't mention here, for years. In the past there was communication between players and Devs. and then something changed. It all stopped, all the communication from the server side stopped. Changes were made that caused huge uproar in the community and drove off millions of players all to the tune of thunderous silence from the Devs. I can tell you that as a customer to have someone not only say there's an issue but make it a point to keep me informed and to offer an apology (it wasn't needed for most of us, by the way) for the extra time was simply wonderful.

That goldenrod text with the consideration for the players was a breath of fresh air.

Yes they took the servers down and people are going to complain but Eric took the time to explain why instead of letting us sit here playing 'guess what's going on and when the servers are gonna be up.'.

So let me say again, Thank you Eric and team, for taking the time to make us feel valued. I hope this becomes a common occurrence. What a difference a few lines make in a forum.

aint that easy.. LoS can be glitchy since the wifeboss have a way to exploit the LoS..

to use /kick or /slap to interupt her is realy a bad idea.. so gona have to spend alot of credits on companiongifts in an attempt to increase the global cooldown on her main ability "Wifeagro"

the blasted server must come online nooooow :(

Have you tried bringing in a companion? Lana could make things interesting.

We are double checking the servers right now to ensure everything is fine and assuming that passes, we will be bringing them up. We aren't too far off now!

-eric

English translation: we are making sure we have introduced at least 1 more bug so we can be called again to fix it and keep our well paid jobs.

I totally get why reimbursement is not an option, as we pay for a month, whether we log in or not. I'm ok with that. But I would like to see stronger "appropriate action" taken against those who abuse the system. Perhaps that would make people less likely to take advantage of the next one.

On second thought, that's not logical either. Some people do it just because it's there. All I ask is that you make this time off WE are experiencing worth while. How about preventing the cheaters from being able to log in for an equal amount of time that we've had to wait once the servers come back online? We wait two hours to get this fixed, then once they come back up, the cheaters accounts are blocked from logging in for 2 hours (as you find them).

That would make this so worth while, as I could laugh and laugh and laugh as I play the game I love while they spend another 2 hours staring angrily at their screen waiting to log in. Just saying.:rak_01:

Nothing teaches you not to stick your hand in the fire like getting horribly burned. You'll never do it again. Find a cheater, suspended for a year - no refunds. Once people find out BioWare is serious about this and it's not just an irritated frown that will be levied upon them, folks will be a lot less quick to exploit anything at all.

And it might clear some d00dz off the servers as well, that's just a bonus.

My two credits worth, anyway.

well he also stated several different timeframes about when all was to be fixed...so truly keeping his word on stuff aint the main theme here.

Just saying.

Lol says the person who's clearly never worked a day in IT in their life.

Doesn't work like that, kid.

Like asking a doctor why you didn't recover from surgery on the exact day printed in the surgical folder. Ffs.

I miss John, Dan, and Jane. They were amazing.

Well thank God we still have Dan and Jane, although we dont see much of them these days but still knowing there still out that is a good thing. Good Ole Gerret Morrison is still going strong on 2 Broke Girls, a CBS Sitcom. I do Miss John so much he was my idol, i wanted to do comedy like him. I use to do that bit where he came out and trying to look and act like Joe Cocker singing *a little Help From My Friends* He did a great job acting and singing like him (better than me of course). Just to bad he had to be stoned out of his head to preform. Of course in the end the great John Belushi would lose to his demons. *SIGHS* Any how

Great Entertainment.

Take Care & Be well.....