EricMusco

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Last note on the exploit for today. We fully believe that the issue is resolved at this point. However, parts of it are tricky to verify with absolute certainty. If you happen to notice that you are able to use this exploit at any point going forward, please cease using it and contact me privately, immediately. Reminder, here is what was happening:

Alright friends, let's talk about why we had the emergency maintenance. There was an issue that when someone in certain zones completed a Mission and hit the accept button to complete it, they would receive the rewards but the Mission wouldn't actually complete. This meant someone could infinitely hit the accept button over and over again and reap those rewards.

This created a bad situation for two reasons. First, it was extremely exploitable. Two, someone could get stuck where they couldn't progress because of their Mission not completing.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Oh...another exploit. :rak_02: whose counting anyway....

I am so glad I don't do heroics that often. I am scared I will find exploits in this game in general, due to how buggy and unpredictable of late it has been. If anything; this Galactic Command system has taught the devs and the player-base, it's that if you leave bugs in your code (for a system linked to everything in the game) they will totally affect end-game gearing and the community...it has totally exposed the bugs in this game.

GC is a good idea. But you have strayed way away from your promise to keep operations as the highest rewarding content...as it is the hardest and largest group content. But we can expect a fix 6 months after early access...seriously guyz. Do some metrics for a week and make a decision, it's not that difficult. You should have about 2 months of metrics by now anyway. It should be somewhere between 2x or 4x what we are currently getting based on the other content. 6 months after that is 6.0? :rak_02: why bother if GC tweaking is only finished 6 months in...and I know you'll be changing stuff in the summer regardless.

An apology would go a long way for 5.0. What are your plans to get raiders back and PvP teams? No-one wants to do ranked PvP on our server any more as there are maybe 4 or 5 groups per night. Don't ask about Ranked warzones, they are relics of a bygone era. I would rather wait for a warzone pop than ******* Rishi Arena again.

But P.S. DO NOT, leave these sorts of bugs in 5.2 War for Iokath please. I want to enjoy the game again, not be fearful of whether or not my mission is completing/progressing as intended. I am just going through the content.

I was trying to level my Agent and I kept running into other people. I just thought I would get some alone time on the server :rak_03:

Hmm, seems sort of fitting for an intelligence operative in a fascist dictatorship to hack and override rule of law, but I feel like doing that on a Sith Warrior would make sense as well, because who's more privileged and entitled than a SW?

Keith (my boss) and I were talking about this very thing. We certainly want to reward the good (not exploiting and reporting it) over the bad (exploiting). Maybe we can do something like this in the future!

I just imagine everyone waiting around for us to introduce an exploit so everyone can start spamming my inbox and CS with reports to get their reward lol.

-eric

I applaud the team's quick action resolving this issue. Kudos.

(See, I'm not a hater all the time)

I was trying to level my Agent and I kept running into other people. I just thought I would get some alone time on the server :rak_03:

Kidding of course(or am I!?!?), we'll talk about what is going on once we get through our investigation.

-eric

Admit it...that's all maintenance ever is. You guys having a dance party through the game. :eek:

Hit lvl 70 with the Agent and play it as Healer in Ranked Warzones. Then tell me your experience with it in comparation on Sorceress Healer.

You'll see how unbalanced is the Healer world as Operative Medicine.

Healer operatives are absolute crap now. I did 4v 4 on my sent with a jedi sage and they rocked it. Amazing. I don't have the abilities equal to them on my operative healer.

I'm sure their policies and procedures give them leeway in regards to how they handle exploits at their discretion (hope that makes sense). Not to mention that the Uprisings boss is a different topic--and unlike this, that wouldn't affect the in-game economy.

They consistantly ignore bugs and exploits and even admit to not punish exploiters. Which exploit is irrelevant. Either its a punishable offense or its not. Saying one is and the other is not is just hypocritical. Rules dont work that way. And advancing faster than others gives them an unfair advantage and with that they gain items others cant gain without exploiting and that is affecting the economy. Some gain schematics at a faster rate, not just because its a random system but because they gain ranks faster.

I don't think they'll incentivize exploit reports, but as Andryah said, keep it informal; something like this should remain at their discretion.

People already do that. And then eric told people that they wont punish the exploiters.

As someone in the thread mentioned earlier, the main reward should be that you are being a good, fair and honest customer. I can agree with that assessment as well.

No, players are being exploited to do the work for the devs that pick only certain reports and disregard the rest like the 4 year old bugs. And even then the reported exploits go unpunished. This is a kick in the face to honest players that wont take advantage and feel miserable for being honest.

The only thing consistant here is the inconsistancy of the devs that throw one middlefinger anfter another at the community with such broken policies.

Hey folks,

Last note on the exploit for today. We fully believe that the issue is resolved at this point. However, parts of it are tricky to verify with absolute certainty. If you happen to notice that you are able to use this exploit at any point going forward, please cease using it and contact me privately, immediately. Reminder, here is what was happening:

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Eric, there seems to be added server lag since you did this and it's jumping up and down. I've run Ping Plotter over a 6 hour period to check all the hops and make sure it's nothing between me and the server. (Harbinger)

It is definitely coming from the server as I can see it jumping 50-100ms above my normal Ping. It's also sitting about 30ms above normal when it's not jumping.

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue too. Maybe you guys need to do another restart on Monday.

Keith (my boss) and I were talking about this very thing. We certainly want to reward the good (not exploiting and reporting it) over the bad (exploiting). Maybe we can do something like this in the future!

I just imagine everyone waiting around for us to introduce an exploit so everyone can start spamming my inbox and CS with reports to get their reward lol.

-eric

Eric, can we also get this for reporting ledgitmate hackers and farming bots ;)