Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Yeah :( He was used as a tool, whether it made sense or not. And we have to do complicated mind gymnastics for it to make sense, because we care enough.

Well we showed them, didn't we? Far as I'm concerned, the femwarrior is the warrior.

Quinn on the other hand tought my sith to respect soldiers and Imperial allies, at first i was just netting his approval (can't blame me, right? )

Haha, no I don't blame anyone for that x)

Their marriage seemed like the perfect embodiment of that - my sith was a warrior for the Empire.

If ever I was to commission swtor artwork, it would be of Quinn and my warrior, standing on top a pile of rubble like a malevolent wedding cake - my character splattered with blood, lightsaber out, robe singed and aflame. Quinn with his pistol, and guiltily giving her a look like "I'm with you, but all is not well.."

With Vette, if I'm remembering the dialog choices my fiance took with his Warrior, it went something like the Warrior making their interest known and then stepping back so Vette could work out how she felt about it and making her choice from there. I'll have to watch my fiance's current Warrior playthrough to refresh my memory for certain though.

There is actually where my fem SW's dialogue went with Quinn. After the initial flirting on Balmorra, Quinn is actually the one who initiated a conversation in regards to the SW's previous interest in him and how it's "caused him some trouble" or however he puts it. My SW ended up leaving the conversation saying nothing creepy or forceful and told him that she understands how he feels that it's unprofessional, but to also keep in mind that she's interested if he changes his mind. It certainly didn't end his romance, as the next conversation was his transfer request where he ultimately ends up breaking down and either kissing her or asking for permission to kiss her.

[Edit] I'd also like to add that Quinn, at the very least, had feelings for the SW as early as Tatooine, even if he doesn't say anything to the SW about it. The Jedi Master (Yonlach?) says that he can sense Quinn's devotion to the female SW and that it goes beyond professional duty, if you choose the right dialogue options, while the Jedi Master also says something completely different for the male SW (something about really admiring him). Personally, I think he was into her from the beginning, but his professionalism and duty to the Empire caused him to try and suppress his feelings.

Edited by Edyn

[Edit] I'd also like to add that Quinn, at the very least, had feelings for the SW as early as Tatooine, even if he doesn't say anything to the SW about it. The Jedi Master (Yonlach?) says that he can sense Quinn's devotion to the female SW and that it goes beyond professional duty, if you choose the right dialogue options, while the Jedi Master also says something completely different for the male SW (something about really admiring him). Personally, I think he was into her from the beginning, but his professionalism and duty to the Empire caused him to try and suppress his feelings.

I think so too. I think he was so shy and flustered on Balmorra because he was attracted to her from the beginning. He just didn't know how to deal with his feelings and possible complications arising from such relationship, so tried to deny or suppress his own feelings. I also wonder that he thought he didn't deserve such attention or relationship because of his "Sith are superior, I'm inferior" view of the social layers of the Empire.

There is actually where my fem SW's dialogue went with Quinn. After the initial flirting on Balmorra, Quinn is actually the one who initiated a conversation in regards to the SW's previous interest in him and how it's "caused him some trouble" or however he puts it. My SW ended up leaving the conversation saying nothing creepy or forceful and told him that she understands how he feels that it's unprofessional, but to also keep in mind that she's interested if he changes his mind. It certainly didn't end his romance, as the next conversation was his transfer request where he ultimately ends up breaking down and either kissing her or asking for permission to kiss her.

Yeah, I heard that. I do like to have a little RP moment in my head that when my Sith Warrior first met him on Balmorra, Quinn was expecting an evil (at least in my head, I know some Sith Warriors can be nasty little goobs) and ugly (from the dark side effects) woman. He was told she was young, by Baras, so you know, he's expecting a red eyed, slightly veiny, kills for funsies, annoying spoiled brat child. So when he finally lays eyes on my Sith Warrior, and she's (again in my head) acting a little goofy after laying eyes on him and Vette is looking between the two and rolling her eyes at her bestie. His attitude internally changed a bit. Then you know following directions and doing what Quinn suggested/working with Baras (at that time we didn't know what Baras or Quinn was up to) I think he changed his mind about my girl. My sith warrior can't get anymore light side unless she stuck a flashlight up her rearend. She's light side 5 and during kotet

chose not to sit her *** on the throne, but to use it as a beacon and send aid to the ravaged planets across the galaxy

I can't wait to read the new Quinn/FemSW fics out there after this. lol

The ONLY thing I'm worried about, is for me to get Quinn I have to side with the Imperials instead of the third faction I think Bioware said which was a mesh of both sides.

So I'm going to have to hear Theron ************ at me. Maybe Lana ************ at me. My alliance members (companions from other classes) either leaving over my decision or ************ at me. I'm surprised my young character's fiery red hair doesn't have a dozen greys in it from all the trying to keep the peace in my alliance over people's opinions.

It's like choosing which side when you find Zakuulans, Imperials, and the Republic. I chose to have the Zakuuls die each time cause the majority of my companions were either from Imperial or Republic side.

Bioware definitely can make your brain hurt when playing this game and trying your best to keep both sides somewhat happy.

I think so too. I think he was so shy and flustered on Balmorra because he was attracted to her from the beginning. He just didn't know how to deal with his feelings and possible complications arising from such relationship, so tried to deny or suppress his own feelings. I also wonder that he thought he didn't deserve such attention or relationship because of his "Sith are superior, I'm inferior" view of the social layers of the Empire.

I got this impression too. I mean, he's 37 when you meet him, and he's a soldier. You know damn good and well he's had a woman or two in his lifetime. Whether it was an actual relationship that didn't go anywhere, or just a quick hookup. So he wasn't shy over a girl/woman liking him, but WHO that girl/woman was. Even though your Sith is still a young, fresh out of Korriban, apprentice, Quinn was still taken aback by an actual SITH wanting to be with HIM. I think it made his brain fry a bit. lol

Oh, when we meet Quinn again in 5.2, if that man still calls me, his wife, My Lord, I'm going to smack him upside the back of his head!

I'm glad I was able to tell Jorgan not to be so formal with my trooper since she was his wife above being his CO, especially five years after everything went to hell for you and your companions.

Does it make anyone else uncomfortable that the truth may simply be that the story is written to be played from a male perspective, that our romance was shoehorned in and that there really isn't any good explanation for Quinn betraying us? :(

Its not just romanced Quinn that makes no sense with the betrayal its any Quinn where you helped him get Captain, you got his influence maxed out. Hell because at the time he was my healer he was with me on Quesh when they tried to kill us and we were recruited to server the head of the Empire.

And he sides with the fat man. Though that entire event should never have been put in the story, I spent a chapter recruiting Jeasa cause she can see a persons true nature and yet this power is conveniently turned off with Quinn. Looks like the fat man was worried over nothing cause shes pretty useless and would never have been able to identify his agents, she can't identify one when shes living with him.

Out of the romancable men I haven't played through Doc's, Vector's, Aric's or Torain's or Irssio's romances yet.

Doc I just can't bring myself to do. As he's too much Mr Sleaze for my liking but at least he's honest about it. And Vector is another no go for me as well. I just don't like bugs. :p There's more to it than that but I can't really put into words.

I've played through all the romanceable males - Quinn, Aric & Vector are my favourites from the original class stories and Theron Shan from the newbies - Theron was better to romance on an Empire character imo. Torian is not far behind though the missing conversations would help. I have been nagging my friend to play through the Aric Jorgan romance for nearly a year now and she had just started before the news of Quinn's return - so poor Aric is going to have to wait for her to get her Quinn fix first!

As for the others I think you will be pleasantly surprised by Doc - I was as all I had seen about him were the references to sleaze. I thought the Corso romance was hilarious at times however I will agree that Corso, Felix and Doc are missing something in their story that Quinn, Aric and Vector all have; strength & loyalty maybe? Extremes in their character that make them stand out? Andronikos is something else entirely - he's a cold blooded killer with one hell of a sexy voice, perfect for the dark side sorcerer! Koth is just Koth - I'm in no hurry to play through his romance again - I don't think there is enough story for Koth to give him any depth.

Yeah, I heard that. I do like to have a little RP moment in my head that when my Sith Warrior first met him on Balmorra, Quinn was expecting an evil (at least in my head, I know some Sith Warriors can be nasty little goobs) and ugly (from the dark side effects) woman. He was told she was young, by Baras, so you know, he's expecting a red eyed, slightly veiny, kills for funsies, annoying spoiled brat child. So when he finally lays eyes on my Sith Warrior, and she's (again in my head) acting a little goofy after laying eyes on him and Vette is looking between the two and rolling her eyes at her bestie. His attitude internally changed a bit. Then you know following directions and doing what Quinn suggested/working with Baras (at that time we didn't know what Baras or Quinn was up to) I think he changed his mind about my girl.

I can't wait to read the new Quinn/FemSW fics out there after this. lol

That's pretty similar to the bit of headcanoning I do with my Warriors. I figure Quinn's only been given the basics of Baras' new apprentice fresh off Korriban, and considering the Warrior trainer's right outside his office, he's pretty much expecting the standard newbie from Korriban being human and petty while starting to get veiny with red eyes who'll arrive with a Twi'lek slave. Instead he's greeted by a pale eyed Pureblood who's polite and mannerly with a Twi'lek sidekick who listens to and heeds his advice.

I can imagine him needing a sit down at some point trying to wrap his head around a reasonable and rational sith. LOL

Its not just romanced Quinn that makes no sense with the betrayal its any Quinn where you helped him get Captain, you got his influence maxed out. Hell because at the time he was my healer he was with me on Quesh when they tried to kill us and we were recruited to server the head of the Empire.

And he sides with the fat man. Though that entire event should never have been put in the story, I spent a chapter recruiting Jeasa cause she can see a persons true nature and yet this power is conveniently turned off with Quinn. Looks like the fat man was worried over nothing cause shes pretty useless and would never have been able to identify his agents, she can't identify one when shes living with him.

That's why I also wonder if there was some force persuasion or something similar going on because I also had Quinn with my Warrior on Quesh. Otherwise the dialog and options just don't fit. Only reasonable explanation I can think of for why is that quest arc was being worked on during the time crunch to get the game ready for going live and it got a rush job rather than something more nuanced that would've covered potentials such as Quinn acknowledging the romance more in the dialog or having Jaesa with.

Tee hee. I really wish they'd change my forum name to Darth Lunafox. *jumps up and down and points* Heeeeey! Eric!!! Darth me, will you? :eek::p

I loved this. You are awesome. I like you. Come here and sit by me. And Misha and Jenny and J2 and Cloud...all of us. I have tea and snacks. Quinn won't mind if we just...I dunno, stare at him for awhile, would he?

The last bit, dunno if anyone watches Westworld but it made me think of when they show a modern photo to a host. "Doesn't look like anything to me..."

Poor Quinn. He's a host. Here for our pleasure. :p

*angelic chorus begins playing* I have been accepted into the inner circle by Darth Lunafox... I CAN DIE HAPPY NOW! :D

Quinn: ...staring. At me.

Yes. You still don't get the concept of fangirls, do you?

Quinn: I understand the concept, but I simply cannot imagine why anyone would want to do so. Or, barring that, be in such a state of insanity as to stare at me. That is highly uncomfortable.

You're handsome.

Quinn: It was bad enough when [fem!warrior] was going googly-eyed, now all of you? And...you said yourself that I am, and I quote, "a bunch of pixels on a screen."

Yes, and you're a HANDSOME bunch of pixels on a screen! ...with an amazing voice (that I can't actually imagine saying "googly-eyed," but whatever)! ...and a character that makes everybody either despise your or adore you. Not your fault. You're written that way.

Quinn: ...you imply that I have no free will.

You're talking to me right now, aren't you?

Quinn: You're typing what I say. I would ask you to stop. ...please.

Aw...

Quinn: *eye twitch* *looks at Darth Lunafox* ...tea would be lovely, my lord.

Pour it for us. *angelic doe-eyed look* We can watch you. Happily. We'll just be sitting here. Staring. Don't mind us.

Quinn: *twitching*

...I broke Quinn.

*angelic chorus begins playing* I have been accepted into the inner circle by Darth Lunafox... I CAN DIE HAPPY NOW! :D

Quinn: ...staring. At me.

Yes. You still don't get the concept of fangirls, do you?

Quinn: I understand the concept, but I simply cannot imagine why anyone would want to do so. Or, barring that, be in such a state of insanity as to stare at me. That is highly uncomfortable.

You're handsome.

Quinn: It was bad enough when [fem!warrior] was going googly-eyed, now all of you? And...you said yourself that I am, and I quote, "a bunch of pixels on a screen."

Yes, and you're a HANDSOME bunch of pixels on a screen! ...with an amazing voice (that I can't actually imagine saying "googly-eyed," but whatever)! ...and a character that makes everybody either despise your or adore you. Not your fault. You're written that way.

Quinn: ...you imply that I have no free will.

You're talking to me right now, aren't you?

Quinn: You're typing what I say. I would ask you to stop. ...please.

Aw...

Quinn: *eye twitch* *looks at Darth Lunafox* ...tea would be lovely, my lord.

Pour it for us. *angelic doe-eyed look* We can watch you. Happily. We'll just be sitting here. Staring. Don't mind us.

Quinn: *twitching*

...I broke Quinn.

LOL, these are fun :D *preens* :o Malavai accepted tea from me! *preens some more and goes back to staring*

Oh wait, I forgot the scones. Does Malavai like scones? Have a scone Malavai. *watches*

He's um...he's still twitching. :eek: Medic? Medic? Someone do something?!

That's pretty similar to the bit of headcanoning I do with my Warriors. I figure Quinn's only been given the basics of Baras' new apprentice fresh off Korriban, and considering the Warrior trainer's right outside his office, he's pretty much expecting the standard newbie from Korriban being human and petty while starting to get veiny with red eyes who'll arrive with a Twi'lek slave. Instead he's greeted by a pale eyed Pureblood who's polite and mannerly with a Twi'lek sidekick who listens to and heeds his advice.

I can imagine him needing a sit down at some point trying to wrap his head around a reasonable and rational sith. LOL

My Sith, when she meets Quinn on Balmorra, is 18 years old, just turned it too. She's human with green eyes, freckles, and fiery red hair. Later on, through legacy tree she has his daughter, who turns out to be my Smuggler. lol

Oh, when we meet Quinn again in 5.2, if that man still calls me, his wife, My Lord, I'm going to smack him upside the back of his head!

I hope we'll hear "my love" like in the Rishi cutscene. Without corrections, this time ;) And that she calls him "Malavai" in private, as she started after they got married. Anything else would be simply... weird. :confused: They are married, after all! Have been for years, even if one subtracts those 5 years.

I hope we'll hear "my love" like in the Rishi cutscene. Without corrections, this time ;) And that she calls him "Malavai" in private, as she started after they got married. Anything else would be simply... weird. :confused: They are married, after all! Have been for years, even if one subtracts those 5 years.

Based off Quinn's slip-up at the beginning of SoR, I figured they were on first names and/or pet names ("my love") in private while always being "Captain" or "Quinn," and "My Lord" in public. I'm perfectly fine with this arrangement considering Quinn's level of professionalism.

However, what will really annoy me is if Quinn refers to my Wrath as "Commander" instead of "My Lord" upon his return. Just, ugh...

Based off Quinn's slip-up at the beginning of SoR, I figured they were on first names and/or pet names ("my love") in private while always being "Captain" or "Quinn," and "My Lord" in public. I'm perfectly fine with this arrangement considering Quinn's level of professionalism.

However, what will really annoy me is if Quinn refers to my Wrath as "Commander" instead of "My Lord" upon his return. Just, ugh...

Oh, absolutely! In private only. Officially, they should stay professional, because that's what he'd want, and my warrior certainly would grant that wish for his comfort.

And agreed on "commander". It drives me crazy when Imps call both my Sith "commander" instead of "my lord" (e.g. Beniko). In his mouth it would sounds double wrong. But I fear RL finances will win, so we'll have to suffer through it :o

Here is something for the Quinnmancers to chew on. What are the chances/probability of Quinn and the SW having a child or children who are force sensitive like their mother? And if they are how strong would they be?

The reason I ask is that myself and a friend got talking about this very topic the only real difference being it was in regards to my SW and Captain Piett having kids.

So let the speculation commence :D

Here is something for the Quinnmancers to chew on. What are the chances/probability of Quinn and the SW having a child or children who are force sensitive like their mother? And if they are how strong would they be?

The reason I ask is that myself and a friend got talking about this very topic the only real difference being it was in regards to my SW and Captain Piett having kids.

Probably pretty high. If the Sith warrior comes from a powerful bloodline (as they keep reminding various NPC's throughout the game), then it's likely they'll pass down that bloodline's heritage to their own kids.

I always believed it was pretty random. Two Force users could have a "normal" child and two farmers from Dantooine could possibly have a child who is Force sensitive.

I guess the odds are in favour when the bloodline is filled with Force users on both sides but it is not guaranteed.

I like to think it's not a genetic thing, rather some other predisposition one is born with like - let's say - left handed people :)

I always believed it was pretty random. Two Force users could have a "normal" child and two farmers from Dantooine could possibly have a child who is Force sensitive.

I guess the odds are in favour when the bloodline is filled with Force users on both sides but it is not guaranteed.

I like to think it's not a genetic thing, rather some other predisposition one is born with like - let's say - left handed people :)

Sith Purebloods are left-handed!

...well, most of them. Like how most of the human population of today is right-handed, with a small percentage being lefties. It's reversed for Purebloods: most of their population is left-handed, with a small percentage being right-handed.

Aaaaaand that is your fun fact of the day. :p

Edit: ...ralei. No. Bad. We don't SPEAK of those things. No no no no no no. THEY DO NOT EXIST. >_< (Kidding, of course... I'd really like to know what George Lucas was thinking when he came up with that brilliant ide...a...nope, can't even type that with a straight face. Oi. *facepalm*)

Edited by Jagaimee

there's too many force using families in the forefront of star wars stories (both canon and legends) for me to rule out the higher chance of force sensitivity being passed down genetically. So I definitely think genetics would have something to do with it or jsut help bump up the chance, like everything else about a person - intelligence, eye colour, skin tone, some aspects of personality, some late in life diseases etc, but obviously it is never a guarantee. More likely just a higher chance of a force sensitive kid.

As for strength if so, as said, nothing is guaranteed. Could be a kid unable to pass the trials, could be as strong as his/her mum. I'm not great at speculating. I'm more likely to think a SW and Quinn would have very smart, intelligent children since Quinn is amazingly intelligent, has an amazing mind, and the SW can come across this way as well depending on dialogue (light sided seems far more intelligent then brute dark side but of course never 100%). Though that always depends on the dialogue chain you take, my in-character SW's with Quinn are very intelligent, pick up on stuff fast and well educated and the dialogue shows it. Quinn deserves nothing less then a strong, powerful and intelligent lady.

I'm starting to cozy to the idea that Quinn and (my) warrior will never have children. Their lives are epically chaotic, plus the idea of my warrior waddling around for several months.. absolutely not, especially considering her current circumstances. Perhaps someday, if they both live long enough to wash their hands of the whole damn galaxy, hm.. that's a tempting thought.