January 26th Livestream Wrap-up

EricMusco

I am curious why do you all keep calling a 1 boss fight an operation?

Because the 5 of them together make the operation. It's a strange way of doing it and all but as mentioned above it's preferable to waiting until they've done the whole thing.

They've basically admitted that we need ops as we've been saying and decided to do them. Now we could wait until it's done ( 6+ months ) or they can release it piece meal as they get pieces done.

One thing I would expect with one boss at a time is superior quality and QC to what we've had before so that will be telling.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I know you guys said you want proper feedback on what kind of changes we'd like to see with stuff like galactic command and other stuff, within reason and with justification.

Personally, I think the cap for galactic command is just too high for the average player, and is really what's contributing to the problem of gearing up alts. RNG is a problem in of itself and you guys have addressed that, which is good, but the average player is most likely not going to get more than one character to a command rank of 300. I'm definitely not average in terms of time spent in the game and characters created, (35 currently), and 300 is just absurdly high. I know the cap can't be reduced since some people have already hit that, but for the average player, it's insanely high, and that's from someone who puts in a lot more time than the average player. I really don't have a solution for this, but I feel like this is the main thing contributing to people complaining that the game is very alt-unfriendly at the moment, and is something that should be reduced in the future. 200 is a lot more reasonable and much easier to reach on multiple toons.:rak_03:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ????????????????????????????????

you guys make a ops where we get 1 boss every 2 months around? loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

and this after 2 years no new operations.

what the hell is going on in this company?

pls let the cleaning woman take response on this company and im sure swtor will be great again.

sry but i rly dont know what different to say .

If Elara and Quinn are working for the Republic and Empire respectively, will we get a good explanation as to why they were hard for Theron/Lana to find, unlike Pierce and 4X who both were pretty public faces to their sides, who for some reason couldn't be found by either of them or Telos, who went back to the Imperial Reclamation Service.

Seriously. They should have been easy to find.

Edited by SithKoriandr

Excellent news as far as I'm concerned. Love that we're getting a new operation (and hopefully more of them after as well), and it's nice that we'll be ably to see some of it soon instead of waiting until september for the whole thing. Also very happy that there'll be a NiM mode.

New mechanics for Master Uprisings is also great news. The last batch of Uprisings already have some pretty decent fights, and I'm happy to hear that effort will be put into making them more interesting instead of just upping numbers.

While I like the core concept of getting progression for everything in the game, CXP still needs a lot of tuning, but I actually get the feeling Bioware are aware of the troubles in the system, so I'm pretty confident the next few major patches will get it more or less balanced. Double CXP is a nice stopgap in the meantime.

It's been a harsh two years for people like me who mostly play for the group experience, but 2017 is shaping up to be a pretty good year. Let's keep this up and make 2018 even better!

Interesting livestream some exciting changes ahead!

One thought I did have regarding your reference to ideas for improving the gain rate for Command XP;

Have you thought about adding an additional Guild Bonus too? I mean we can have up to 10% XP bonus from our guilds, but what about adding say a 10% CXP Bonus to that too? This coupled with the Legacy increases available for purchase should surely start to increase the pace we gain CXP?

Just a thought anyway for the community team.

I know this will get shot to pieces as is the case with these forums but I wanted to get that idea across to you anyway lol

Edited by Vigilanis

BW: no new operation coming.

Forumers: Ragemode, swearing, yelling, threatening to unsub, unleashing anger on Eric and the devs.

BW: new operation coming.

Forumers: Ragemode, swearing, yelling, threatening to unsub, unleashing anger on Eric and the devs.

Do you notice something? You are impossible to please. It's OBVIOUS that BW tries to cater to exactly you complainers now. It's also obvious that they squeeze this OP in even though they don't seem to have the ressources. I rate this very positively. I personally would have given up on you complainers already. It's not fun to work for customers like you. It's OK to critisize, but really, some of you are beyond toxic.

To me, 5.2 sounds quite interesting. Like Yavin. And Yavin worked out quite nicely. My only wish is that the operation is outside of the plot (like on Yavin) and not essential to finish the storyline (like on Oricon). Because I couldn't care less for a new operation.

And to the guys complaining about releasing the OP step by step: This is perfect for learning boss mechanics and perfecting a fight. As if you clear a new OP right away...

Do you notice something? You are impossible to please..

We just want it to be as before!!

Look at 3.0 thats an expansion, we got daily areas, reputation, flashpoints, operations class changes etc etc, now we are getting all this but slowly during the year, its terrible!! They gave us a stupid gearing system which they admit (by making changes) isnt the best one and we are stuck with it and waiting for changes. They keep on introducing new bugs and glitches. People didnt like the monthly chapter release and now they say theyll do the same with ops bosses??

Its not about being pleased, but it was OK before, why couldnt they do 5.0 with all these changes, the ops, daily area and much more?? Thats all we asked for.

Not impressed.

Two returning companions and an incomplete OP that won't be finished for a year?

Bah!

With this release i'm SEEING EVEN MORE OF MY FRIENDS LEAVE!!!

And they are casting their predictions of the game's demise. I've been warning you of this.

ANY DEVS paying any attention?

ignoring cardinal rules is foolish; If it AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!

I'll be hoping and praying you listen to reason and implement the restorations I've suggested, to retain (and maybe even grow) the player base.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=912555

I am not sure what competitor you are comparing swtor with but is it safe to assume that you get all this content you listed for free with a sub? Because I would love to know that game and be able to get that much content with a $15 dollars a month. My guess is the new content is going to be $20-50 extra. So you cant compare it. Obvious swtor doesn't think they can make enough money with producing a full expansion were players would have to pay on top of their sub. If they did they would of did it already. So with your base subscription you should expect the content that is already in the game and 1-2 updates a year.

I already responded to this, and you, in another thread that showed you the recent patch notes you get for a sub fee exclusive of the expansion they released for $20 that had 75% of the original game content. Those patch notes are an example of what comes regularly for your sub fee and, each of those patches is generally five to ten times the content of a BW expansion. Oh, and just for clarification, it is not unheard of for them to release two 4-man dungeons and an 8 or 24-man raid IN A PATCH.

Heck, in the last two years, where we had story chapters, star fortresses, the EC and Uprisings. A small $20 million company put in an entirely new area in there game with voiced story, a new complete system of character advancement added to the game (Aegis), and three new 5-man dungeons. How can a company, with a decent MMO but one not on the top 10 lists, out do SWTOR for content production? That is how pathetic the amount of content SWTOR players get for their money is compared to the rest of the market.

You do not want to dig deeper on this argument as you will open a can of worms that shows that SWTOR, in the triple A MMO space, provides some of the very least amount of content for a sub fee. I just gave you ONE example.

Coming in April, Game Update 5.2 which will include

• Brand new story arc on Iokath. The Empire and Republic are fighting over control of the planet and you, as the Alliance Commander will choose who to side with.
So this will be a story like KOTFE/KOTET and not more like Shadow of Revan? Does this mean to get to be able to access daily area we will have to play through all the KOTET/KOTFE with every character? Please reconsider and make the daily area available to every character or at least unlock it for the whole legacy once you got to that point in the story with one character. I like playing dailies as I can do those alone while waiting hours for the group finder to pop and I seldom find group content due to most of my friends quitting the game because of persistent the lack of chat bubbles (why aren't those in 5.2 anyway? Make them happen, we've been waiting well over 5 years now!) and the non-Legacy Command grind System RNG in 5.0/5.1 and the group finder almost never popping for any PVE content. Edited by Glzmo

It's OBVIOUS that BW tries to cater to exactly you complainers now. It's also obvious that they squeeze this OP in even though they don't seem to have the ressources. I rate this very positively.
- completly agree. Finally someone with clear mind. On this stream they almost put EVERYTHING about what all screamed. Ops? yes. Gear changed? yes. New story? yes. Next returning comps? yes. 4 x yes and i didnt write about new daily area and staying with content half year .. i mean new operation. I know all cant be pleased but this stream its a START and better this than nothing yes? If someone though they will pleased EVERYONE with ONE stream then i can write someone lost he's/she's mind. Eternal rage and pointless flame. Bioware have now good reason to ignore peps who will keep that attitude.

Wonder why ppl hate Quinn .. with warrior i forgive him he's treachery xd

Recommend plan for this year ^^:

April - 5.2,

May, June, July, August - 2, 3, 4 and last boss,

September - nothing,

October - 6.0, new expansion.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Edited by Trlance

the fact they are adressing this slowly, its because of proably limited budget - but im ok with what they announced.seems a bit of variety.

if they relase ops bosses every 2 months, and keep this cadence forever, its a brighter future, then no new ops, or anything related to it.

in any case its enought to keep me subbed.

i only hope that 1st boss isnt a nefra type, and we will be farming it a lot - please create an interesting boss :)

In short, what was said in the live stream is not enough to get me to resubscribe at this time.

I was disappointed to hear only one boss would come out in 5.2.

In 2.4, we got 2 full operations (Dread Fortress and Dread Palace) plus the story arc of Oricon and the daily quests.

If I had to guess, it sounds like SWTOR doesn't have nearly the resources (budget + personnel) that it once had to release an update like 2.4.

I can understand it if Ben, Charles and the rest of the team work can only work with what they got and try to make the best of it, if the fact of the matter is they don't have much resources to work with right now.

But still, despite the way things are or may be, I was hoping for 2 new (full) operations and a daily area announced in 5.2 and mention that the goal in 5.3 would be maybe to have another new operation plus a new Flashpoint. But, if the team can only release 1 new operation this year, one boss per each update, then, what I was hoping for just cannot happen.

I'm not mad at all. I'm just sad. I really want a reason to resubscrbe, but I need a real reason. I like SWTOR for what it's already released, but I won't pay $15 a month for the current gearing system and very little new end game repeatable content.

Don't get me wrong. It's nice and encouraging to hear of a new daily area and new operation, even if it's only released one boss per update.

If that was the case, I'm curious if there was any thought given to just release them as world bosses.

That might have been easier to swallow for the players, but I digress.

Oh, and as many others have said, gearing still has lots of room for improvement. That's all I need to say about gearing because volumes have already been written.

I will still keep up with SWTOR and news of changes and new updates. I want to believe that the team can breath fresh live back into SWTOR; please give me more reasons believe so.

This is the best way I can describe it.

Hearing the new content announced in the live stream is like just eating one small spoonful of ice cream. It's good and your mouth and taste buds are all blazing with excitement, but then you ask yourself where's the rest of the bowl. I want a whole bowl full of ice cream, not just one spoonful. (Hint: update 2.4 that saw the release of Oricon, DF and DP was a full bowl of ice cream.)

BW: no new operation coming.

BW: new operation coming.

Oh come on lol - 1 boss is not an Operation Jatta.