The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, tonight's stream is your last chance.

NogueiraA

For tonight's stream, we really want to focus in on what is coming in the future (content especially). With that in mind I want to try to address the questions you raised since they may not come up on the stream.

1- Right now we are not planning on changing Bolster back as it was an intended change. I posted our reasoning here.

2 - We are definitely looking at all of the GC gearing changes we made yesterday to see where our next steps are. The rate of components earned from PvP is one of those areas we are investigating.

3 - The intent of using this method to purchase the upgrade is that it would work almost identically to how it worked before with Warzone -> Ranked upgrades. Again, we are keeping our eyes on costs and the rates of earning Components to see where changes need to be made.

4 - Shae being able to wear armor was a bug, which is why we changed/fixed it. We do know that there is a desire for characters like Shae, Lana, etc to be able to be customized like other Companions and we are always looking at when/if we could implement this.

5 - Components can be most easily compared to WZ Comms and although WZ comms weren't legacy, you could move them around through the BoL consumable. We are talking about Components and the possibility of making a similar change in the future. No promises, but it is definitely a part of the discussion!

6 - Command Rank being Legacy wide creates some problems at the same time that it is solving some. We know that we need to help out players Legacies in Galactic Command and are looking at a lot of different options. I am hoping to have some information really soon (I was trying to avoid saying that word). Potentially on the stream today, but more likely next week.

-eric

I guess it's now official. Everyone at BWA has lost their freaking minds. How in the world do they expect to stay in business when telling their paying customers to go F*** themselves like this. I've already cancelled my sub, and will be uninstalling today. No point in bothering with another livestream when the dev. team is this completely clueless about their own game. AND I LOVE STAR WARS. That's been the only thing keeping me hanging on, and even that isn't enough anymore.

If you still think SWTOR is worth your money, go for it. But for me, this has finally killed the dream. EA/BWA has farmed my bank account for the last time.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's now official. Everyone at BWA has lost their freaking minds. How in the world do they expect to stay in business when telling their paying customers to go F*** themselves like this. I've already cancelled my sub, and will be uninstalling today. No point in bothering with another livestream when the dev. team is this completely clueless about their own game. AND I LOVE STAR WARS. That's been the only thing keeping me hanging on, and even that isn't enough anymore.

If you still think SWTOR is worth your money, go for it. But for me, this has finally killed the dream. EA/BWA has farmed my bank account for the last time.

I quit already. I'm tired of being the back up dancer for their clown show. These guys are freaking clueless. Like really. Who would have saved the shells for their gear when there was no need to? Do they think we are Jedi in real life and supposed to use the Force to sense that they will change their gearing system in the future? Like I said. Clown show gone bad.

For tonight's stream, we really want to focus in on what is coming in the future (content especially).

-eric

I'm actually happy with this reply, but I think I'll scream if they mention Uprisings in their stream. Although even if they bring up an Operation, I'll be only slightly excited since it may be the only one we get for the next two years+. :(

Edited by Radzkie

For tonight's stream, we really want to focus in on what is coming in the future (content especially). With that in mind I want to try to address the questions you raised since they may not come up on the stream.

1- Right now we are not planning on changing Bolster back as it was an intended change. I posted our reasoning here.

2 - We are definitely looking at all of the GC gearing changes we made yesterday to see where our next steps are. The rate of components earned from PvP is one of those areas we are investigating.

3 - The intent of using this method to purchase the upgrade is that it would work almost identically to how it worked before with Warzone -> Ranked upgrades. Again, we are keeping our eyes on costs and the rates of earning Components to see where changes need to be made.

4 - Shae being able to wear armor was a bug, which is why we changed/fixed it. We do know that there is a desire for characters like Shae, Lana, etc to be able to be customized like other Companions and we are always looking at when/if we could implement this.

5 - Components can be most easily compared to WZ Comms and although WZ comms weren't legacy, you could move them around through the BoL consumable. We are talking about Components and the possibility of making a similar change in the future. No promises, but it is definitely a part of the discussion!

6 - Command Rank being Legacy wide creates some problems at the same time that it is solving some. We know that we need to help out players Legacies in Galactic Command and are looking at a lot of different options. I am hoping to have some information really soon (I was trying to avoid saying that word). Potentially on the stream today, but more likely next week.

-eric

1. Doesnt seem to be a problem for me right now.

2. You were looking into that for months and you failed. Return to the standard MMO looting system and there will be no trouble anylonger and a happy community.

3. It sucked before and it sucks now even more. We told you before why and continue to point it out.

4. It was a bug that we could gear shae like the classic companions?? SERIOUSLY???

5. Its a massive grind. You ignored that part of the discussion since the beginning!

6. Yeah, it creates work for you. I dont see that as an issue. There are easy solutions for the small problems that could come with it. Look at diablo3, they solved it. You are not looking for solutions, you look at other problems you will install.

The stream will only be another hour of annoying chuckles about the oh so brilliant command grind system, joystick polishing about some excitment when opening worthless crates and non-existant fixes from a bunch of tools that dont play their own game. You insult us with your mere presence!

-eric,

Thank you for your response. I think that it is good to get your point of view out there so that we can know what you are thinking and so we can provide feedback to let you know how that differs from what we want as customers.

Now, please use our feedback well and make positive changes to the game based on what we want.

Oh yeah, and please post more often on other subjects so that we can have a conversations and provide feedback on other topics as well.

Exactly what is the problem here? Companions have been customizable since day 1 of this game. Since they no longer require stats from gear, it's only been about the dress-up since. Don't take that away from us. It's also not like the meshes for the KOTFE companions are that great either. Lana's skirt gets stuck in her legs all the time.

Just let us customize our companions as we see fit. We get so many of them that to a lot, dressing them up is part of the course.

Speaking of Shae, since she now no longer has a head slot, her voice isn't changed when you equip one of her customizations that add a helmet. Would you mind fixing that at least?

And why is Shae being customizable considered a bug, yet Master Ranos can still have different outfits? In fact, she comes with her own gear that can ONLY be used by her. We should be able to wear it too. I hate those shoulder pads on the Remnant Resurrected Consular chestpiece.

Is it just me, or do you never look or at least think before you leap? How was this not even considered before implementing such a feature on live servers?

Edited by BenKatarn

Again, we are keeping our eyes on costs and the rates of earning Components to see where changes need to be made.

You don't need to wait for data on that. It is clear that it will take months to equip a single character via PvP. Clearly, this was not designed in a way to benefit the players, but to slow down the gearing. Some explanation on why you want to have such a long grind is still missing. Dedicated players like myself who play this game more than is healthy can get full 242 gear within a few weeks, while casual players will need over a year. You have done nothing to address this, nor explained why such a long grind is necessary in your eyes; previous expansions had a much shorter grind. Player response has been absolutely negative, no one wants such a long grind.

Your post is just another cop-out answer that doesn't address player concerns at all.

Edited by Jerba

I quit already. I'm tired of being the back up dancer for their clown show. These guys are freaking clueless. Like really. Who would have saved the shells for their gear when there was no need to?
PvPers. I saved mine. I'm not okaying what they did, but I saved them out of their history of screwing over people who didn't.

For tonight's stream, we really want to focus in on what is coming in the future (content especially).

This is definitely important as future content is a big community concern. However, I don't think you should shortchange the stream without addressing present concerns as well.

Eric, you did not understand. The concern is not the fact that you want it to work how it was previously. The concern is that on the players end we were not informed that we needed to keep shells because when 5.0 was released the only way to get gear was through RNG in the GC system. Many people try to clean up the clutter and get rid of things they won't use, such as extra shells they don't find aesthetically pleasing. Now, to regain the shell is no easy feat; it requires luck or extreme grind whereas before you could get the shell for about 200 wz coms, equal to roughly 2 wins of effort.

What do you mean IF you could implement it? You just did it so how is that still a question? Wow

PvPers. I saved mine. I'm not okaying what they did, but I saved them out of their history of screwing over people who didn't.

So did I, fully confident that 5.0 gearing would be a mess along with bioware's convoluted 'attempt' to fix it sometime after the predictable 5.0 crap storm. However, I never really expected to dislike 5.1 MORE than 5.0 (due to the bolster change in pvp).

BW will never admit that they are wrong abt anything. They are always right and the customer is always wrong if they disagree with BW. Look at ME3, their customers didn't like the ending & BW didn't care to change it, clain artistic integrity. ME fans told BW, u can keep your artistic integrity and we will Keep our money, never buy another BW game again, and we are dropping star wars the old republic.

The massive loss of customers from star wars forced BW to make some small changes to the ME3 ending, but star wars the old republic servers went from heavy/full during the day and standard overnight to light/standard on the best servers and light at all times on others. They had to shut down 4 servers in the U.S. also and go to f2p to lure customers back.

BW listens to people who agree with them, not people who disagree with them. Then they will point to those people and say that they are listening.

Most of the people who liked to play with class builds have left because Bw shafted them.

I hate grinding and the new system offers me little. The coin is worthless to me because I don't do ops or pvp and that is the only way u can get components so u can buy gear.

BW needs to get rid of components and let people buy gear with just coins, but that will never happened because BW does not seriously listen to its customers. They hardly talk to us in the forums.

So did I, fully confident that 5.0 gearing would be a mess along with bioware's convoluted 'attempt' to fix it sometime after the predictable 5.0 crap storm. However, I never really expected to dislike 5.1 MORE than 5.0 (due to the bolster change in pvp).

It's mind blowing isn't it?! If there's no way to make something worse, they find a way to.

Tux. I'm a pvper too. And I get what you are saying. But the majority of people aren't, so they wouldn't have that ingrained into them. Sadly, I didn't either because I took their gearing system at face value as I should have. We shouldn't have to strategize what to do next in gearing because EAware is so got damned schizophrenic when it comes to what they want to do with their game. Like I said. It's like they think we really have the Force and need to be able to see the future in order to play/progress in their game.

Shae wearing armour we want her to wear was not damaging the game in any shape or form, seriously Eric and the Dev team!

It wasn't like the gear would play any part of her overall stats since du'h the system isn't set like that anymore, what you have done is removed the nose to spite the face!

That is a poor example of running a game, you might as well just make ALL the sodding companion none customizable since clearly you have no reasoning to give us the players what we would like in the game.....

That's the part about the gearing system I fail to understand. Why do people care about gear in this game now at all? They have not put any new content in the game that needs better gear for years. If you haven't seen the content before I can understand that but if you have been playing for a while then who cares?

This game isn't worth a sub longer then a month now. It's like dlc content. Go do the chapters then unsub and wait for the next dlc called a expansion and sub for a month again.

gearing grind is what the whole expansion is all about.

Tux. I'm a pvper too. And I get what you are saying. But the majority of people aren't, so they wouldn't have that ingrained into them. Sadly, I didn't either because I took their gearing system at face value as I should have. We shouldn't have to strategize what to do next in gearing because EAware is so got damned schizophrenic when it comes to what they want to do with their game. Like I said. It's like they think we really have the Force and need to be able to see the future in order to play/progress in their game.

You wouldn't beleive how many times since launch they did the same thing with shells.

this devs have npc's rationale

In case everyone did not get the point of Eric's post, here it is:

They don't give two flips what our gripes are. They are only concerned about stringing people along to buy themselves time. They are doing the usual lying promises to look into it, and/or working on it, so stay tuned garbage. Remember, this is Bioware, they can't admit mistakes, they won't fix those mistakes, and they only operate in extremes.

Edited by Darkside

Totally agree with you! Bioware is so all over the map, that I've literally kept useless no longer used items in my banks for years. And you know what the kicker is? They are so schizophrenic like you said, that some those items wound up being useful again. Their design philosophy has only fostered an ingrained mistrust for everything they do. At this point, we are like the battered victim, who is always trying to think ten steps ahead of their abuser.

Edited by Darkside

Totally agree with you! Bioware is so all over the map, that I've literally kept useless no longer used items in my banks for years. And you know what the kicker is? They are so schizophrenic like you said, that some those items wound up being useful again. Their design philosophy has only fostered an ingrained mistrust for everything they do. At this point, we are like the battered victim, who is always trying to think ten steps ahead of their abuser.

Geezus...I hadn't even thought that much about it, but you're right. I still have my 208 PvP gear in my vault (shells), just in case they change their minds...

Interesting perspective on it.

We do know that there is a desire for characters like Shae, Lana, etc to be able to be customized like other Companions and we are always looking at when/if we could implement this.

But why was it considered a bug?

It's not a bug for the vanilla companions.

And if there's a question of IF you could implement this, then that means legal issues?