Come VOTE for SWToR as the best MMO of the year on MMORPG.COM player choice awards

Nanfoodle

I think your missing most of the replies points...what they are basically saying is they are here because it's star wars. Obviously MMO fan's but the overall vibe around here is that if this game didn't have the star-wars "skin" it would currently be sitting in the f2p section of steam with "34 people currently in game".

That's so true !... But since KOTFE, even that star wars "skin" was gone... because you ain't see something that bad neither in cannon nor the legends novels :)

I'm only playing this game now beucase I have friends in it... but if they will not fix this DAMN CLASS BALANCE i will also consider unsubbing as soon as posible

Edited by Tibi-Fit

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your missing most of the replies points...what they are basically saying is they are here because it's star wars. Obviously MMO fan's but the overall vibe around here is that if this game didn't have the star-wars "skin" it would currently be sitting in the f2p section of steam with "34 people currently in game".

Realistically, this game sits somewhere between Aion, Rift and Tera...it should not be mentioned in the same conversations as fully supported MMORPG's such as WoW, Final Fantasy XIV, GW2, Eve online etc. Yes liking those (or this game) is very much based on opinion but it is a fact that those games are 1. MMORPG's and 2. Have frequent content releases.

To put it in perspective, WoW has had 9 raids since shadow of revan (last SWTOR raid). Yes 9.

If you measure a game's success in raids. SWG had less raids than TOR yet we always had things to do. The raids we actually had were:

Nightsister (AxKva Min)

Hoth

Tuskien Army

Lost Star Destroyer

IG-88

Exar Kin

We didn't have heroics or flashpoints, though you might count DWB and Mustafar as heroics or flashpoints.

The problem here is not in the raids themselves but in providing other things to do when you get bored of combat. We had entertainers, decorating and just going exploring that we could do.

Raids are not a guarantee for people not to get bored. It is providing additional things for people to do which may or may not always include combat.

On tattoine they missed a big opportunity for not having Krayt dragon on that planet for people to hunt. People would do that endlessly on SWG, some for the pearl and some just for the fun of killing those huge things lol. That is what is missing from SWTOR.

Lol who would in thei rright mind vote swtor.

A quick skim of their comments shows swtor is getting a few positives.

get the impulse, but this is one of the worst places to ask for support from.

The last place you should look for support for this game is its official forums. You'd have better luck on social media. Everyone here hates the game for the most part.

You realize we can see your posting history, right?

Edited by dr_mike

A quick skim of their comments shows swtor is getting a few positives.

You realize we can see your posting history, right?

Uh...yeah. Great. You'll see my comments about this game have been both positive and negative. And the forums are the worst place to look for support for this game.

because if you don't vote and support the game regardless of how you think of it this game you love to play is going to be gone. You have to show its worth the time and effort to listen to its consumers and put more effort into making it better than it is now.

I used to love this game. I used to have a great deal of fun playing it. I no longer do. If they want my support, they need to put out a decent product. That's how the world works. Supporting them in the current state of the game just encourages them to do nothing to fix what's broken or what is pissing off the paying customers.

Why though? I don't hate SWTOR but it is certainly not the best MMO of the year. It produces very, very little content and on top of that focus' on only small parts of it's game at a time. It destoryed it's raiding community because of this. The quality of content they put out varies greatly too. Personally I'd say SWTOR's story is good, but all the other content they've put out lately feels lazily done. Look at the difference between Uprising modes. No new mechanics, only buffed HP and attacks.

It simply cannot compete against the rate FF14 and WoW put out content. Not to mention that all of FF14's content is top quality. All bugs are fixed within days of the devs finding out about them. Currently, I do not believe FF14 has any bugs.

I am not trying to be rude, SWTOR just does not hold a candle to these monster MMOs. Not to say this poll will reflect that. Who knows how many people actually use that site you linked. I don't and I wont be voting.

Yeah I haven't run into any bugs yet lol. Although the site has some fascination with ESO. Although the BtP seems the a big reason.

If you measure a game's success in raids. SWG had less raids than TOR yet we always had things to do. The raids we actually had were:

Nightsister (AxKva Min)

Hoth

Tuskien Army

Lost Star Destroyer

IG-88

Exar Kin

We didn't have heroics or flashpoints, though you might count DWB and Mustafar as heroics or flashpoints.

The problem here is not in the raids themselves but in providing other things to do when you get bored of combat. We had entertainers, decorating and just going exploring that we could do.

Raids are not a guarantee for people not to get bored. It is providing additional things for people to do which may or may not always include combat.

On tattoine they missed a big opportunity for not having Krayt dragon on that planet for people to hunt. People would do that endlessly on SWG, some for the pearl and some just for the fun of killing those huge things lol. That is what is missing from SWTOR.

I measure the level of "support" for theme park MMO's by their raid content releases, sure. Raids probably take the most work so its a good measure of how supported and dedicated the developers are.

You however, are talking about a sandbox MMORPG. Great games, but the whole point was that you made your own fun. As gaming on the internet got more and more popular in the early 2000's WoW stepped in and changed it all. The Theme park MMORPG and trickle fed content reigned supreme. If my previous statement was or is not true then this game (SWTOR) simply would not exist.

When SWG wasn't reaching the desired subscription numbers and various attempts at updates fractured the community. Wow Had been out a year and had already soared with subscriptions. WoW was released in 2004 and plans for SWTOR started that very year. You see, they had already given up on SWG and games of that nature and decided to "copy' WoW and jump on the theme park band wagon.

So yes, comparing this games raid content to WoW's raid content appears completely valid. 9 Raid, 9. Which game is supported by the devs and thus should be supported by the players? Look at it objectively.

In terms of what a game in. SWTOR will always have more in common (and must be compared to) with WoW than SWG.

Sorry for the double post but i must say that i do not dislike this game or Bioware as a whole. Like others I am probably a little let down by the way it all turned out though. Things could have turned around in 2012 but it wasn't meant to be. Overall EA's corporate decisions with tight release schedules, time frames and budgets probably sabotaged the game before it was even released. That's why the guys working on the game now are still playing catch up with the "bespoke' engine. They thought that the would have 100's of engineers and developers...but when the money stopped...

One fact remains true, going from the fiscal reports this game is still making ea A LOT of money...and that money is simply not being spent on this game. That's the difference between SWTOR and WoW, Final Fantasy XIV and GW2 etc, thats all it is.

That reason alone warrants NOT voting for this as the best MMORPG of 2016, because objectively speaking it simply isn't. Anyone who actually believes it is is simply wrong.

To vote for SWTOR would mean that I like all the changes that have occurred post 4.0, in which, I don't like 90% of them. No thank you, I'd be lying if I voted for this game.

I like the content pre 4.0, and 10% of the content after, nothing more.

because if you don't vote and support the game regardless of how you think of it this game you love to play is going to be gone. You have to show its worth the time and effort to listen to its consumers and put more effort into making it better than it is now.

Is it, though? I no longer believe it is worth the time and effort.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.