Unassembled Components and Their Vendor

EricMusco

Wow,

So tonight, I decided to finally dust off my Sage heals which I'd largely been neglecting in 5.0. I'd gotten her up to level 70 and like Level 2 CXP, but that was it.

I went and bought the expensive 100% boost item and started running PVP (even though I don't really like PVP that much). I got all the dailies and weekly, and kept queuing until I finished my weekly (and conquest goal). I gained around 20 levels (ended at level 22 CXP). I opened most of my crates as I went along (needed something to do in between matches).

In total, I got 1... ONE... purple item of value (an offhand), and one purple item of no value (crappy click relic). I got a few of the orange 230 gear pieces, but no set bonuses. I got about 40-45 unassembled components, which is about halfway to the cheapest items.

So, yeah. I played for her for about 4-5 hours, and this is what I got. Hell, even back in 4.0, I probably would have gotten enough commendations for 2-3 set pieces. Yes, the basic 204s, but I'm going for basic 230s now. All I've been trying to do on all my toons is get a basic 230 set. But wow, about 1 purple piece ever 10 CXP crates (if I'm lucky) and jack **** for unassembled components (I play pub-side PVP, so yeah, it's gonna be a lot of losses).

For Christ sake, BW, you're KILLING this game.

And that is not even the "best" part. Once you get your first bonus set you may think, i may better buy a second with your components. And then when RNDesus decides to give you a second piece it will be the one you already bought and you will have a duplicate that you have no way to exchange for a different one.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unassembled Components should absolutely drop from more than just pvp/gsf. Any activity on the Galactic Command menu, minus OPs, should drop UCs. They should also be legacy bound.

I'd like to be optimistic about these changes, but the numbers of UCs needed for gear vs. what you get per win or loss is laughable. Yes, you can argue that you'll get gear pieces from command crates while you're working on the UCs, but the drop rate for set pieces is horrendous. Not too mention how many duplicates people seem to be getting.

Also, to the person saying they've seen loads of people with set bonus gear, how many pieces are 230 or above? I'm still wearing my 208 pvp set with set bonus with only 2 of the new pieces. Doubtful you're seeing loads with a full 230+ set.

I literally started grinding cxp yesterday as i hit 70 on my tank.. so far i have 4 peices of the 230 set bonus 2 relics and implants+earpiece.... lots of people are getting set bonus.. either you have crap rng or you havent really tried at all because it took me literally less than a day to get almost a full set.... probably the easiest i have ever geared any of my toons and ive been playing since launch... clearly you dont know what you are talking about

I literally started grinding cxp yesterday as i hit 70 on my tank.. so far i have 4 peices of the 230 set bonus 2 relics and implants+earpiece.... lots of people are getting set bonus.. either you have crap rng or you havent really tried at all because it took me literally less than a day to get almost a full set.... probably the easiest i have ever geared any of my toons and ive been playing since launch... clearly you dont know what you are talking about

I've done up to rank 2 (level 91) on multiple toons. Your lucky. while my luck isn't horrible in rank 1. Usually 3-5 set pieces, earpiece, implant, and relic. Tier 2, and 3 is where we are having issues. The purple gear 234 can not be upgraded to 242's, The purple 240 gear can not be upgraded into 242's either. so once you hit Tier 2, if your not getting gold pieces it's junk. You'll need to upgrade your tier 1 piece all the way up with Unassembled Components.

Edited by Toraak

And once again we see the "**** you, got mine!" attitude of the EAWare white knight in its natural habitat... yes, RNGesus liked you, so obviously the system is perfect, right? Who cares if other people aren't having your alleged luck, right?! You can support the game all by yourself, right?!?

You're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about, since you don't understand how math works--specifically, probability as applied to a random number generator picking results from a rewards table with very small win percentages.

Edited by AscendingSky

LMFAO - wait until tier 2. I did great in tier 1, even bragged to my guild members, but than tier 2 hit. A 1.3% drop rate of set pieces. Tier 3 slightly better, but less than half of the set pieces came from crates and I'm probably close to, if not over 400.

So I tried and tried and tried and tried some more. Spending 15 hrs in chp2 master mode isn't my idea of a good time. Yes I could do other things, but would like to be geared before old age kicks in.

And once again we see the "**** you, got mine!" attitude of the EAWare white knight in its natural habitat... yes, RNGesus liked you, so obviously the system is perfect, right? Who cares if other people aren't having your alleged luck, right?! You can support the game all by yourself, right?!?

You're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about, since you don't understand how math works--specifically, probability as applied to a random number generator picking results from a rewards table with very small win percentages.

So much this.

I honestly laugh out loud when I read these posts now. The sad state of math education these days.

I've had really awesome luck recently - which is the problem. It's *luck*. I have also gone 45 GC levels in a row of total disintegrations. Exciting™!

Random is random, and anyone that has a streak of good luck and deduces that there is no problem here is laughably gullible.

So just curious are you all getting golds well distributed? Or is your experience like mine where i might get 2-3 golds in 5-8 across say 8 boxes and then get get 80 boxes of disintegration junk and then a gold or two in 5 boxes and then another bunch of boxes with junk, etc.

Of course as soon as I upgrade a piece the next box i open gives me the piece i just upgraded.

Anyways my main reached 300 and I have started saving all the boxes for when the next command xp tier comes out, no point in wasting those disintegration points.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Bioware has this exactly backwards. Bear with me a sec.

Bioware considers GC crates to be the primary gearing mechanism and Unassembled Components/Pieces to be a secondary system to fill in the gaps.

This is exactly backwards, both in practice and logically. Why?

Because the Unassembled Vendor system is the only reliable way to get gear. Therefore, it is what the players will gravitate to and will be the de facto primary gearing system.

Galactic Command crates, on the other hand, are random and rare bonus gear drops that are nice when they happen but are not to be trusted or planned around. They are obviously the secondary system.

Based on this, I am going to consider any further discussion of GC crates being the "intended" gearing path and the components as some kind of fill-in to be a totally disingenuous argument. The unassembled vendors are clearly the de facto primary method of gearing, regardless of Bioware's original intentions.

Yeah, I'm certainly not happy that the most reliable way to gear up for NiM operations is to PvP.

may have skimmed over this but I'm having trouble turning in mk-3 armor to the tier 2 vendor. I have the tier 1 item and the required command tokens, but cannot upgrade the gear. Does it have to be a specific tier 1 item? Like one purchased from the tier 1 vendor or can it be any piece you get from CM packs/ops/etc?

• 3 weeks later...
You guys at Bioware need to wake up. First you come out with an expansion that absolutely kills an already dying game. Don't you get that? People hate this expansion, you ruined endgame, I've not run into a single person that went and said. " Yeah man, I like it, they did a good job" No, just no. And now this is your fix? Wow, who in the hell is running this anymore? They should be fired.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You guys have made gearing the biggest pisstake iv'e ever seen. You're literally giving us bread crumbs to gear up with. Skank tank? God knows it'll take months to do that now. You can't even move UAC's from character to character, like come on now, are you trying to kill off your community?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

You guys at Bioware need to wake up. First you come out with an expansion that absolutely kills an already dying game. Don't you get that? People hate this expansion, you ruined endgame, I've not run into a single person that went and said. " Yeah man, I like it, they did a good job" No, just no. And now this is your fix? Wow, who in the hell is running this anymore? They should be fired.

I loved Kotet and so did many others. The story was good.

You guys have made gearing the biggest pisstake iv'e ever seen. You're literally giving us bread crumbs to gear up with. Skank tank? God knows it'll take months to do that now. You can't even move UAC's from character to character, like come on now, are you trying to kill off your community?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

You do know this is an old post with incorrect numbers?

You do know this is an old post with incorrect numbers?

Not that the new numbers are much better - UC rewards are still way too low. Especially with the tier 4 costs - 270 per normal piece, 324 for main/offhand, etc. At that rate, 5-8 UC per warzone is anemic. As is the 1000 cap. And the weekly and daily rewards, while better than nothing, are not much better than nothing.

tl;dr, it's still more or less as big a problem as it used to be.

Edited by stoopicus

Please make components LEGACY BOUND, I like pvping on certain classes more than others, but I'd still like to keep my less preferred characters geared as well. Got components going to waste on more played characters atm. Would help out a lot. Edited by Kiesu

Not that the new numbers are much better - UC rewards are still way too low. Especially with the tier 4 costs - 370 per normal piece, 324 for main/offhand, etc. At that rate, 5-8 UC per warzone is anemic. As is the 1000 cap. And the weekly and daily rewards, while better than nothing, are not much better than nothing.

tl;dr, it's still more or less as big a problem as it used to be.

Agreed. All parts.

For BiS skank tank? Yeah. But a bolstered optimized skank tank with a 248 hilt won't take long at all.

Right now bolster gets you to 238 and the highest b-mods are 240, which means the 210 green mods you can buy for literally nothing are almost as good.

As someone gearing a skank tank main, I feel the guy's pain. You basically need to get BiS twice - once for the BiS tank set armoring, and once for the DPS mods. And unless you have another tank (or sometimes roll as a pure tank), the tank mods and enhancements are useless. The DPS set armorings are more useful though as they will work as BiS armorings for anyone, just sans set bonus. Edited by stoopicus

As someone gearing a skank tank main, I feel the guy's pain. You basically need to get BiS twice - once for the BiS tank set armoring, and once for the DPS mods. And unless you have another tank (or sometimes roll as a pure tank), the tank mods and enhancements are useless. The DPS set armorings are more useful though as they will work as BiS armorings for anyone, just sans set bonus.

I started a new tank without any assistance from my mains just to see how long it takes. Granted I did quite a few ops, but I have two full set bonus gearsets with well under 2 days /played.

I used 210 discipline/b-mods from the 65 mod vendor which bolster up well, and got enough creds by selling stuff from command crates to augment my skank tank gear. I'm just missing a good hilt, which is a bigger issue to get than before since there's no 246 hilt schematic AFAIK.

Not BiS, but I personally don't think it's that relevant for slots other than hilt.

Edited by Eli_Porter

I started a new tank without any assistance from my mains just to see how long it takes. Granted I did quite a few ops, but I have two full set bonus gearsets with well under 2 days /played.

I used 210 discipline/b-mods from the 65 mod vendor which bolster up well, and got enough creds by selling stuff from command crates to augment my skank tank gear. I'm just missing a good hilt, which is a bigger issue to get than before since there's no 246 hilt schematic AFAIK.

Not BiS, but I personally don't think it's that relevant for slots other than hilt.

Clearly Operations need to be nerfed! :)

I'm at 255 now, solely by PvP and solo PvE, nowhere near a full set, and two of my three currently usable set pieces I upgraded myself by spending over 1000 UC, which I acquired at 2-8 per warzone. I have a couple other 230 pieces, but those don't count as they were long eclipsed by even the T3 greens. I did not get a single 236 set piece in T2. I have gotten two duplicates in T3 which I will use to get BiS DPS mods, once I save up more UC. I did get a T3 offhand. Oh, and a useless-except-for-upgrade clicky relic. And even given that paltry gaggle of gear, I'm probably doing better than average.

Edited by stoopicus

"Keep in mind that Tier 1 is the only Tier that you can directly purchase. In order to get a Tier 2 or 3 Unassembled piece, you will need to turn in the previous Tier armor piece along with X amount of Unassembled Components (listed below)."

I guess some players are already past tier one. So this may have already been answer as I have only read post 1. If a player is already on tier 2 or 3 and did not keep tier 1 gear. Is there a way for them to get tier 1 gear again to trade in? I know I did not keep mine, I ripped out the bits to put in legacy gear. OK won't be an issue for my alts but not everyone has alts.

Has this been asked and answered already? Just a yes or no will do. If its confirmed as answered I can read though the whole thread myself.

EDIT

Ah never mind. The answer is actually in the part I quoted. Must be more tired than I thought.

Edited by DreadtechSavant