Unassembled Components and Their Vendor

EricMusco

And right now you can reach the non-SB gear way faster, and the SB gear slower but not by such a large margin anymore if you do SM ops.

Non SB way faster than what? 4.x? You keep making these statements a lot - how about supporting it with something other than "it is faster" like some math or examples?

You keep hammering in my assumptions on "people" yet you have no trouble doing the same.

I'm not the one trying to imply this system is somehow superior to 4.x when the majority of people are saying the opposite.

Regardless, GC is about encouraging players to play all content instead of focusing on one activity

Which would have been great had they implemented it in a manner that was actually beneficial over 4.x - I've no problem with that approach at all.

, and experienced PvP'ers who don't care about gear progression shouldn't be hindered by the 232 bolster change that much.

They didn't care about progression earlier because they could end it with a couple of weeks. Now to get the equivalent advantage over bolster we're talking months in most cases.

Newbies who focus on PvP and want set bonuses can get the pieces they need albeit at a very slow rate right now compared with 4.7(which the devs agreed in the recent stream is a problem they want to address).

Which sounds like a negative you are admitting too there ...

Yes, you were getting SM level non-SB gear from glowing data crystals. The advantage of picking your piece came at the price of a much slower rate than with GC crates, and you had to know which gear to get and where to get it through a maze of vendors.

A maze of vendors? Go to one vendor and buy the gear you need ... huh? Ever think maybe you were doing it wrong in 4.x? Another point I forgot - for a lot of content and weeklies/dailies let's not also ignore we were ideally earning radiant crystals at a rate along with our glowing crystals so we were effectively earning parts T3 gear now along with the T2.

Hover your gear, hover the gear in the crate. Make a choice. Not difficult.

You missed the point, again. Purposely it would seem.

Doesn't change the fact that you can just easily check the stats if the colors are confusing to you for some reason.

Doesn't change the fact it's poorly designed and thus confusing - more so than 4.x

Then using your logic 208 is 220 gear which drops like candy from bosses and is craftable for almost no materials.

That's probably more akin to the 200 crafted sets or the 210 rated items that dropped from playing the story

You are being rewarded accordingly, just not with CXP alone. Operations give lots of extra rewards.

Not for my time investment I'm not, not compared to 4.x anyway which is the point here implying that the 5.x system is somehow superior.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Non SB way faster than what? 4.x? You keep making these statements a lot - how about supporting it with something other than "it is faster" like some math or examples?

I did, repeatedly, which you ignored. Getting a 216 piece from glowing data crystals took much longer than getting a 228/230 piece from command crates.

Which would have been great had they implemented it in a manner that was actually beneficial over 4.x - I've no problem with that approach at all.

HM raiding is much more accessible now if you don't have a dedicated raiding group, more or less the same if you do. This is because getting the equivalent of 216/220/224 is much easier outside of set bonuses, and while those come at a slower pace you probably don't need all 6 pieces to reach the old performance if you have T2/T3 in the rest of the slots.

They didn't care about progression earlier because they could end it with a couple of weeks. Now to get the equivalent advantage over bolster we're talking months in most cases.

And maybe not every PvP'er needs having equal gear (5% difference at most) to the most dedicated PvE'ers in order to enjoy the game.

Which sounds like a negative you are admitting too there ...

You seem to be surprised every time I say it, yes it's a negative. But the system's positives make up for it.

A maze of vendors? Go to one vendor and buy the gear you need ... huh? Ever think maybe you were doing it wrong in 4.x? Another point I forgot - for a lot of content and weeklies/dailies let's not also ignore we were ideally earning radiant crystals at a rate along with our glowing crystals so we were effectively earning parts T3 gear now along with the T2.

Doesn't change the fact it's poorly designed and thus confusing - more so than 4.x

Which vendor? Where? Which piece is most efficient for my purchase?

Radiant data crystals were more equivalent to T2 than to T3, and took way longer to get.

That's probably more akin to the 200 crafted sets or the 210 rated items that dropped from playing the story

in terms of drop table, yes. In terms of power, no.

Not for my time investment I'm not, not compared to 4.x anyway which is the point here implying that the 5.x system is somehow superior.

For my time investment I have NiM entry-level gear (T2) already without any of the 5.1 stuff. Would have given up by now if I had to grind radiant data crystals for it. Maybe you're advancing slower because the system catering to your style of play literally just came out a few days ago.

Edited by Eli_Porter

I did, repeatedly, which you ignored. Getting a 216 piece from glowing data crystals took much longer than getting a 228/230 piece from command crates.

228 != 216. You haven't repeatedly done it at all, you just keep making a statement as though it was fact.

HM raiding is much more accessible now if you don't have a dedicated raiding group, more or less the same if you do. This is because getting the equivalent of 216/220/224 is much easier outside of set bonuses, and while those come at a slower pace you probably don't need all 6 pieces to reach the old performance if you have T2/T3 in the rest of the slots.

Not for those that don't want do all the grinding to get the content it's not. I could gear in 4.x doing operation content I wanted with my limited play time. I can not do so in 5.x thus 5.x is detrimental to my ability to gear.

Who the majority is in regards to play time it's impossible for us to say. Is it people with 6 hours a week or people with 40 hours a week? What content are they happy to do also plays a factor. In other word YMMV but I'm pretty sure the rather niche type of group that could benefit from 5.x gearing over 4.x is going to be that - niche.

And maybe not every PvP'er needs having equal gear (5% difference at most) to the most dedicated PvE'ers in order to enjoy the game.

Doesn't matter - it's still a negative. You can shrug it off and call it inconsequential or that NiM raiders would be so few it wouldn't matter but it doesn't change the fact.

You seem to be surprised every time I say it, yes it's a negative. But the system's positives make up for it.

The 2 positives? Being "I can click a couple of buttons to get gear providing I completley ignore the 5.1 changes which are now more complicated than 4.x" and "now everyone can get top end gear" that is actually the only 2 benefits you've demonstrated with the first being iffy since 5.1 seeing as so many people will participate in the 5.1 changes just to try get away from the monotonous grind and RNG aspect.

Which vendor? Where? Which piece is most efficient for my purchase?

Supply area on fleet and to paraphrase you from earlier "if it's green it's better".

Radiant data crystals were more equivalent to T2 than to T3, and took way longer to get.

Nope they were closer to T3 and were way faster to get ( hell, faster than T2 also )

in terms of drop table, yes. In terms of power, no.

You're going to try equate it to power between expansions when we don't know how they've scaled the combat in relation to the previous gear tiers? By all means go ahead.

For my time investment I have NiM entry-level gear (T2) already without any of the 5.1 stuff. Would have given up by now if I had to grind radiant data crystals for it. Maybe you're advancing slower because the system catering to your style of play literally just came out a few days ago.

Well that's over 100 hours just to get to the point I don't have to spend, glad that you do but it seems based on feedback you are in a minority here, you should probably try realize that.

The new system has helped somewhat but still nowhere near as good as it was in 4.x and thus detrimental.

Curious what sort of content you are putting so much time into that you found you geared 220 equivalent gear ( well your version of 220 equivalent ) faster than you could have with radiant crystals.

228 != 216. You haven't repeatedly done it at all, you just keep making a statement as though it was fact.

It is though. It is equivalent to the gear dropping from SM. If 228 is so much different than 230 to you, keep in mind GC is really easy to get 230's with too.

Not for those that don't want do all the grinding to get the content it's not. I could gear in 4.x doing operation content I wanted with my limited play time. I can not do so in 5.x thus 5.x is detrimental to my ability to gear

You don't want to grind to get into what content? Into HM? You just need 230+ and set gear. Into NiM? Yeah it's slower, but you can hasten it with GTN and Crafting.

Who the majority is in regards to play time it's impossible for us to say. Is it people with 6 hours a week or people with 40 hours a week? What content are they happy to do also plays a factor. In other word YMMV but I'm pretty sure the rather niche type of group that could benefit from 5.x gearing over 4.x is going to be that - niche.

If you're not a PvP only player or a NiM raider then this system gears you up faster than in 4.7. Not really niche.

Doesn't matter - it's still a negative. You can shrug it off and call it inconsequential or that NiM raiders would be so few it wouldn't matter but it doesn't change the fact.

But it's also a positive, it encourages PvE'ers into PvP and PvP'ers into PvE, diversifying their experience in the game.

The 2 positives? Being "I can click a couple of buttons to get gear providing I completley ignore the 5.1 changes which are now more complicated than 4.x" and "now everyone can get top end gear" that is actually the only 2 benefits you've demonstrated with the first being iffy since 5.1 seeing as so many people will participate in the 5.1 changes just to try get away from the monotonous grind and RNG aspect.

Along with it being less confusing to newbies and letting everyone play what they want while not locking them out of the best gear, there's also the fact that players are encouraged to vary their in-game activities which would likely keep them engaged for longer periods of time.

Supply area on fleet and to paraphrase you from earlier "if it's green it's better".

Looking at one piece of gear and seeing if you need it is one thing, but to go through all the vendors to see what you can afford, what you need, what is the most useful, what would likely get replaced soon, etc. is a different matter altogether.

Nope they were closer to T3 and were way faster to get ( hell, faster than T2 also )

220's dropped in HM Operations, which is gear that starts you into NiM. And in 5.1, both 236 gear and 234 schematics drop in HM Operations, which is gear that starts you into NiM.

You're going to try equate it to power between expansions when we don't know how they've scaled the combat in relation to the previous gear tiers? By all means go ahead.

So now you're making the argument that they made mobs more challenging with max gear with no numbers to back it up?

Well that's over 100 hours just to get to the point I don't have to spend, glad that you do but it seems based on feedback you are in a minority here, you should probably try realize that.

The new system has helped somewhat but still nowhere near as good as it was in 4.x and thus detrimental.

Curious what sort of content you are putting so much time into that you found you geared 220 equivalent gear ( well your version of 220 equivalent ) faster than you could have with radiant crystals.

I was at that point three weeks into 5.0. I did a lot of everything including buying some 234's from people who guess what, ran Operations to get the schematics. Keep in mind three weeks into 5.0 we also had certain individuals at rank 300 already, so I wouldn't consider myself a niche minority.

Anyway this will be my last reply regarding the topic. I hope you got some insight into why GC is actually good for the game and that you'd try to give it another chance. Do some HM Operations again maybe, progress into 234/236 gear and try out NiM. Or take a break from raiding and try out some of the other content this game provides?

It is though. It is equivalent to the gear dropping from SM. If 228 is so much different than 230 to you, keep in mind GC is really easy to get 230's with too.

It isn't. I explained this earlier why this is the case and you chose not to refute it.

You don't want to grind to get into what content? Into HM? You just need 230+ and set gear. Into NiM? Yeah it's slower, but you can hasten it with GTN and Crafting.

Just need 230 SB gear? Because that's so easy for everyone to get and no one is complaining about that fact.

If you're not a PvP only player or a NiM raider then this system gears you up faster than in 4.7. Not really niche.

False. I don't PVP nor do NiM raiding and it's slower.

But it's also a positive, it encourages PvE'ers into PvP and PvP'ers into PvE, diversifying their experience in the game.

Just making one type of gear did that. Making how you get the gear unbalanced is a negative.

Along with it being less confusing to newbies and letting everyone play what they want while not locking them out of the best gear, there's also the fact that players are encouraged to vary their in-game activities which would likely keep them engaged for longer periods of time.

5.1 actually changed what you are encouraged to play by only adopting drops on PVP/Operations so I guess that's that one out the window.

It is also only less confusing if you don't go down that PVP/Operation gearing path.

Looking at one piece of gear and seeing if you need it is one thing, but to go through all the vendors to see what you can afford, what you need, what is the most useful, what would likely get replaced soon, etc. is a different matter altogether.

You only needed to go to one vendor. If you were going to multiple vendors everytime you wanted to gear you were doing it wrong. You should have asked for help.

220's dropped in HM Operations, which is gear that starts you into NiM. And in 5.1, both 236 gear and 234 schematics drop in HM Operations, which is gear that starts you into NiM.

220 were the top end gear you could buy with the best currency in game. This was replaced by the GC system and the equivalent top end is now 240 which drops from tier 3. 242 which also drops from T3 dropped from NiM.

As of 5.1 the operation drop system has no longer been replaced by GC, it is it's own system now. The system that was replaced is the currency system from prior to 5.x and this is what the gear from GC should be related to.

So now you're making the argument that they made mobs more challenging with max gear with no numbers to back it up?

I'm asking you to back it up. You're stating X gear from 4.x is similar to X gear from 5.x due to ... "terms of power".

Power is relative to the content you are doing i.e. equivalent gear between updates has to be related to how it performs against the increase in difficulty.

You can see above how I relate the previous gear to GC within it's tiers due to GC being the thing that replaced the currency.

I was at that point three weeks into 5.0. I did a lot of everything including buying some 234's from people who guess what, ran Operations to get the schematics. Keep in mind three weeks into 5.0 we also had certain individuals at rank 300 already, so I wouldn't consider myself a niche minority.

Because some people were at 500 no longer makes you a niche minority? Oh ok, must be why this system is so universally popular right? :rolleyes:

Anyway this will be my last reply regarding the topic. I hope you got some insight into why GC is actually good for the game and that you'd try to give it another chance. Do some HM Operations again maybe, progress into 234/236 gear and try out NiM. Or take a break from raiding and try out some of the other content this game provides?

When they fix it and make it more beneficial to 4.x gearing I'll be sure to give it another go.

When I joined I started raiding in 2.10 I had a complete set bonus of Underworld and Dread Forged in a month as a part time sub for a raid group. I also had a full set of Obroan and Britalizer weapons after a month of PvP .

In January of 2015 I had Ressurected 6 piece set bonus for my PT and Sorc DPS and PvP sets for them. Spare set pieces on other toons.

In December of 2015 I had a 216/220/224 6 piece for my PT, Sin, Merc and Sniper. PvP sets for almost all of my toons.

In January of 2017 I have zero full sets set bonuses and few in total. All I do is Ranked PvP and NiM Ops with few regs and hms thrown in. For me this system of gearing is objectively worse for me. The only solution is to put guarentueed loot back on all bosses and remove a zero for cost of gear with PvP components. That would be much better and not hurt anyone. Gear isn't a status symbol for casuals to rp in it's a tool to clear content or be competitive in PvP. Anyone who thinks otherwhise is a fool. Especially since these fools would be whining if they actually had do hard content to get gear not just throw Farm KP trash or kill Bugs in Bugtown.

Edited by FerkWork

And we are supposed to know about that...how exactly? OP has 'golden' numbers which are '2 tokens per warzone\loss'. Patchnotes do not have anything about 'cheaper' WZs. At some point I thought that (may be) it's about the amount of medals.

If it's all about time, then shouldn't we get even more for the Voidstar or Huttball?

This was posted before or as part of the 5.1 patch:

Unassembled Components

Unassembled Components only comes from PvP activities. You can skip directly to the Unassembled Gear pieces if you do operations but for PvP you have to go through an extra step to earn them.

Earning Unassembled Components

5 – Warzone Win

2 – Warzone Loss

3 – Arena Win

1 – Arena Loss

5 – Solo Ranked Win

2 – Solo Ranked Loss

8 – Group Ranked Win

3 – Group Ranked Loss

8 – GSF Win

3 – GSF Loss

Hey folks,

As we talked about in the Galactic Command Thread, Unassembled Components are a way for PvP players to work towards a specific piece of gear. First we will talk about how many Components you get from playing PvP and then I will show you the costs of each item from the vendor.

This list is how many Unassembled Components you get based on the content you play:

• 5 - Warzone Win
  • 2 - Warzone Loss
  • 3 - Arena Win
  • 1 - Arena Loss
  • 5 - Solo Ranked Win
  • 2 - Solo Ranked Loss
  • 8 - Group Ranked Win
  • 3 - Group Ranked Loss
  • 8 - GSF Win
  • 3 - GSF Loss

Now let’s talk about item costs from the vendor. The following costs are to purchase Tier 1 Unassembled Gear Pieces:

• Chest - 100
  • Legs - 100
  • Head - 100
  • Hands - 100
  • Feet - 100
  • Waist - 75
  • Wrist - 75
  • Implant - 80
  • Earpiece - 80
  • Relic - 80
  • Mainhand - 120
  • Off-hand - 120

Keep in mind that Tier 1 is the only Tier that you can directly purchase. In order to get a Tier 2 or 3 Unassembled piece, you will need to turn in the previous Tier armor piece along with X amount of Unassembled Components (listed below). As an example if you wanted to get the Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece, you would need to go to the vendor with a Tier 1 chest piece and 150 Unassembled Components. This will then give you a Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece which you can turn in. Here are the Tier 2 and 3 costs:

• Chest – 150/225
  • Legs – 150/225
  • Head – 150/225
  • Hands – 150/225
  • Feet – 150/225
  • Waist – 115/175
  • Wrist – 115/175
  • Implant – 120/180
  • Earpiece – 120/180
  • Relic – 120/180
  • Mainhand – 180/270
  • Off-hand – 180/270

Let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear. Thanks everyone.

-eric

What a bunch of idiots, every single time these morons get it wrong, and funny thing was a few months back they had a podcast/interview with MMORPG, and they said they learn form their mistakes, clearly these idiots do not.

Edited by Nemeses

I was afraid that the reason that you waited so long to give us this information is because you knew how bad it was.

I was right. This is total bs. Maybe next time you should try doing more than the very least that you can do.

This. these guys always only do the VERY least amount possible! you would almost think they want to kill the game.

the assembled components from need to be Increased dramatically in wz. or the required assembled components to for pieces need to reduced .

Learned from there mistakes my *** a 5years learns from there mistakes much better.

With unkillable scouts, unkillable assassins and a "decoration" in thanks for 5 years continuous subbing, now this.... do you guys actually play this game? Go on I dare you, commando vs assassin, for the last 5 years...

Love it as I do, its getting to the point where even I am giving up. You have never got the balance right, never got your head round how horrid it is pugging PvP when the premades just take you out as you spawn, I could go on and on and on. Suffice to say you make the PvE content impossible now, what are you expecting?

Love you all, but, damn, I am crying.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Bioware has this exactly backwards. Bear with me a sec.

Bioware considers GC crates to be the primary gearing mechanism and Unassembled Components/Pieces to be a secondary system to fill in the gaps.

This is exactly backwards, both in practice and logically. Why?

Because the Unassembled Vendor system is the only reliable way to get gear. Therefore, it is what the players will gravitate to and will be the de facto primary gearing system.

Galactic Command crates, on the other hand, are random and rare bonus gear drops that are nice when they happen but are not to be trusted or planned around. They are obviously the secondary system.

Based on this, I am going to consider any further discussion of GC crates being the "intended" gearing path and the components as some kind of fill-in to be a totally disingenuous argument. The unassembled vendors are clearly the de facto primary method of gearing, regardless of Bioware's original intentions.

Edited by stoopicus

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Bioware has this exactly backwards. Bear with me a sec.

Bioware considers GC crates to be the primary gearing mechanism and Unassembled Components/Pieces to be a secondary system to fill in the gaps.

This is exactly backwards, both in practice and logically. Why?

Because the Unassembled Vendor system is the only reliable way to get gear. Therefore, it is what the players will gravitate to and will be the de facto primary gearing system.

Galactic Command crates, on the other hand, are random and rare bonus gear drops that are nice when they happen but are not to be trusted or planned around. They are obviously the secondary system.

Based on this, I am going to consider any further discussion of GC crates being the "intended" gearing path and the components as some kind of fill-in to be a totally disingenuous argument. The unassembled vendors are clearly the de facto primary method of gearing, regardless of Bioware's original intentions.

You're right. The sad part is it's still worse than it would've been had they just added GC on top of the existing 4.0 system.

Ok, since release, I've come to this forum, maybe 3 times. However, Bioware, this "new gearing system" is absolutely disgraceful. I have never in my 20+ years of gaming, been so utterly ripped off as I have by SWTOR in the last year. You should be ashamed of yourselves for doing this to what few subscribers you have left. Either reimburse me for the gear/equipment I just finished working for/tone down this little grind scam you've conjured - or I PROMISE you, you won't get another penny from me.

With Love,

Your Paying Customer

Nothing there to understand.

I keep many of my packs to open them at once with the cxp boost.

Well....35 crates full of garbage(T2) and found one 234 relic (Already have 236 legendary) and 3-4 green implants.

Ok with that cxp thing for few weeks but leaving untouched that rng system, make it garbage itself only.

Is not even alternative system to gearing. Only unasembled vendors as stated above is reliable but getting ourselfes so deep into grind for so few pieces is just unacceptable.

No need to mention what many will do pvp for just a win....

Really BW you are very much into a plan of kick us all out...

Edited by Sotmax

• 2 weeks later...

Wow,

So tonight, I decided to finally dust off my Sage heals which I'd largely been neglecting in 5.0. I'd gotten her up to level 70 and like Level 2 CXP, but that was it.

I went and bought the expensive 100% boost item and started running PVP (even though I don't really like PVP that much). I got all the dailies and weekly, and kept queuing until I finished my weekly (and conquest goal). I gained around 20 levels (ended at level 22 CXP). I opened most of my crates as I went along (needed something to do in between matches).

In total, I got 1... ONE... purple item of value (an offhand), and one purple item of no value (crappy click relic). I got a few of the orange 230 gear pieces, but no set bonuses. I got about 40-45 unassembled components, which is about halfway to the cheapest items.

So, yeah. I played for her for about 4-5 hours, and this is what I got. Hell, even back in 4.0, I probably would have gotten enough commendations for 2-3 set pieces. Yes, the basic 204s, but I'm going for basic 230s now. All I've been trying to do on all my toons is get a basic 230 set. But wow, about 1 purple piece ever 10 CXP crates (if I'm lucky) and jack **** for unassembled components (I play pub-side PVP, so yeah, it's gonna be a lot of losses).

For Christ sake, BW, you're KILLING this game.