Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The point of Flashpoints ?.

Dreez

I've been running Flashpoints on a daily basis now for 1+ week since i started last monday,

both veteran, story and tactical, and i've yet to see a single piece of gear drop that is an actuall

upgrade for my "Heroic box reward" blue gear.

This makes me believe that Flashpoints are really a waste of time, nothing but a "lets do something i'm bored"

type of dungeon that you run with new guildmembers to give them a taste of dungeons.

It especially hurts when you run into a boss like AK-47 that is having a really bad day and wipes your

group 10+ times before you get things in order, and in the end you are rewarded with absolutely nothing

in terms of upgrades or items for the market.

I started subbing last monday as well, but at this point. it seems that less and less content is actually

a viable way to gear up my character, which in turn is a less valid point to keep subscribing when i

have to trust in "Command box" to gear up.

Gear for the most part now comes from RNG crates.

bw made sure to boil the game down to how much CXP can you get for your time in game. All content giving CXP.

Flashpoints are just one way to get CXP but you will get no gear from them. Until you reach max level and then level up galactic command to get an RNG crate. Don't expect to get any gear from drops.

You can craft things but there not all that good and mats for them are a bit hard to get depending on what you need. Blue mats come from FPs so there is that benefit.

You can buy armorings, mods and enhancements to gear yourself if you want to skip out on RNG crates a bit but you better have millions and millions of credits. It ain't cheap.

So whats the point of flash points? None really for the most part because of the time vs CXP reward (and you're getting no gear from them anyway). I think I read that running Esseles or black talon on story and running is as fast as possible as well as doing the bonus boss is good CXP because it can be done solo and quickly. Most other FP's are not worth it from what I hear.

Similar for the new watered down FPs called uprisings. Most are not worth doing at all so gamers are running the one called fractured back to back as much as possible. Best CXP for the time.

Now, in saying that. If you don't care about time or gear. Just do whatever.

Edited by Quraswren

Frankly I'm surprised someone has not come in and told you, you don't need gear. :rolleyes:

If you want gear and are not doing fractured or PvP (or according to some sending out your companions on mission so they can have fun in the game) you are wasting your time.

Edited by Kawiki

I've been running Flashpoints on a daily basis now for 1+ week since i started last monday,

both veteran, story and tactical, and i've yet to see a single piece of gear drop that is an actuall

upgrade for my "Heroic box reward" blue gear.

This makes me believe that Flashpoints are really a waste of time, nothing but a "lets do something i'm bored"

type of dungeon that you run with new guildmembers to give them a taste of dungeons.

It especially hurts when you run into a boss like AK-47 that is having a really bad day and wipes your

group 10+ times before you get things in order, and in the end you are rewarded with absolutely nothing

in terms of upgrades or items for the market.

I started subbing last monday as well, but at this point. it seems that less and less content is actually

a viable way to gear up my character, which in turn is a less valid point to keep subscribing when i

have to trust in "Command box" to gear up.

Since you are talking about "heroic box rewards" I assume you are under lvl 70. Under lvl 70 there is no point to run solo flashpoints for anything other than story. The gear is the same as heroic gear but it takes longer to acquire. Some of the later ones have fluff drops, but the drop rate is much lower than for harder modes. You should be getting 1 or 2 purple drops if you are running tactical flashpoints. There aren't as many tiers as blue gear, so they may or may not be an improvement based on your level. However, I have found that running tactical Black Talon/Esseles with my family only the highest level character gets the purple drops consistently, where as when we solo the tactical version we always get the 2 purples no matter what level.

Companion missions don't give Isotopes, GTN is a given, and PvP dailies isn't an efficient way to get Isotopes. Not sure about Ops because I haven't run any in 5.0, waiting on 5.1 to drop.

I think you're mistaking my honesty for support of the current system...I HATE RNG gearing and I'm extremely vocal about it. I'm just telling you your current options, all of which are ****.

Companion missions don't give Isotopes, GTN is a given, and PvP dailies isn't an efficient way to get Isotopes. Not sure about Ops because I haven't run any in 5.0, waiting on 5.1 to drop.

Some Is-t-otopes drop in Ops but only 2 per boss where in FP's everybody gets one per boss. Ops really should do the same.

Regardless those are only necessary if you're picky about a component being 230 vs. 228. Main hand barrel or hilt for sure, armorings not so much. But even if you don't want them they sell for a really good price on the GTN. (~180-200k ea. on Harb) so a few runs could net you a couple million.

Regardless those are only necessary if you're picky about a component being 230 vs. 228. Main hand barrel or hilt for sure, armorings not so much. But even if you don't want them they sell for a really good price on the GTN. (~180-200k ea. on Harb) so a few runs could net you a couple million.

Isotopes are necessary for high tier crafting, I think you need like twice as many isotopes for 234's as you do for 230's.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Isotopes are necessary for high tier crafting, I think you need like twice as many isotopes for 234's as you do for 230's.

True but they also require VMC's which are in even shorter supply and sell on the GTN for 10x as much as the Istotopes. Crafted T2 or T3 is for the uber rich who don't care about the cost, those that have a real need to meet a dps, heal, or threat check or some warped need to keep up with the Joneses.

The T2 and T3 crafted components are decidedly inferior (234 and 240 vs. 236 and 242) to the mods you get from the gamble boxes. If crafted T2's and T3's held the same ilvl as the gamble box drops then I could convince myself to concede the point.

I'm considering springing for a crafted T3 barrel myself since I do have the mats for it but I'm less rigorous about the CXP grind. Gotta shave 0.3 seconds off that TFP boss kill, yo.

The sad part is that deco drops are nerfed in FlashPoints. I would be happy to spam some HM FP for the decos.

Yeah.. I really don't know why they did this. Deco drops are very popular, either to use or trade/sell to others. It makes no sense.

The point of Flashpoints is the Flash itself! 😊

But Zoom is faster !

I asked ZO-OM if she was, in fact, faster than the Flash, but she said she couldn't remember. :cool:

But seriously, the truly tragic thing about this is that in the early years of the game, the Flashpoints were your first source of the lowest tiers of Set Bonus gear (Tionese and Columi) that would prep you for doing your first SM operations where you'd move up to the next tiers (Rakata, Campaign, Dread Guard).

You know, . . . back when SWTOR was an MMO and not a Freemium tablet game.

Edited by DZechman

Some Is-t-otopes drop in Ops but only 2 per boss where in FP's everybody gets one per boss. Ops really should do the same.

^^ Agree.

Yeah.. I really don't know why they did this. Deco drops are very popular, either to use or trade/sell to others. It makes no sense.

You know, it's more benefitial to buy them from the CM. $$$$$$$$$ Even tho one cannot buy a specific one, for example Statue of the Emperor, but still.

The T2 and T3 crafted components are decidedly inferior (234 and 240 vs. 236 and 242) to the mods you get from the gamble boxes. If crafted T2's and T3's held the same ilvl as the gamble box drops then I could convince myself to concede the point.

242's take a lot of time and luck to get, can't be crafted, can't be traded, and don't even guarantee optimized stats. 240 with a few 242's is what I'd consider a finished character in 5.0.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.