To all the people upset about the new gearing system

Veceam

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you mean the vendors in the supply area all you have to do is buy the green armoring's and reverse engineer them?

You cannot research those... meaning if you RE one.. all you get back is partial materials.

He was referring to the craft trader when he said vendor. You need Armortech to make the Resistive armor mods, and the trainer sells the 220 resistive armor recipe. Then you RE 220s it to get the 228 recipe.

Edited by Andryah

for the OP, just stop defending the development of the game and the new gear system. (snip) please i just ask STOP supporting this most horrible development team and the direction they seem to be going but suggesting its an ok system.

stop the madness. they have screwed up big time here.

If the OP's point is bad, posting it won't make it valid.

If the OP has a point, claiming it's bad won't make it invalid.

Insisting that a position shouldn't even be challenged, however, makes it sound like there's not a good comeback.

Edited by Thompsons

for the OP, just stop defending the development of the game and the new gear system. it is hands down the large mmo gear turd that any game development company could ever have designed. It is only designed to strap people into playing content in a game that is old and already done over and over and over many times over. it is designed to make them lots and lots of money as people waste money on cc to buy command boosts.

please i just ask STOP supporting this most horrible development team and the direction they seem to be going but suggesting its an ok system.

stop the madness. they have screwed up big time here.

Was never my intention to defend the command crate system. I only wanted to bring attention to the much more pleasant crafting system alternative.

By focusing your gearing to crafting and using the cxp only as a free bonus that might give you slightly better gear eventually, you will be able to go back to hm operations or whatever your preferred content is. 228 should be enough for any non operation content.

The galactic command certainly needs polishing, you'll get no arguments from me on that

FAIL RNG system need to go last day of sub and no way i re-sub until major change are made to this fail game

Not specifically responding only to you but to all who are quitting because of galactic command.

I don't play this game to get gear. I play because I enjoy doing hm and nim operations with my guild, I enjoy testing myself against others in soloranked and warzones, I even play a couple matches of gsf every now and then.

Because of how crafting works in this expansion I can enjoy all of those activities already on week 2. True, some dps checks in nim are beyond my group, but we aren't fully decked in crafted 240s yet. But it won't take a year or 6 months or whatever. It'll take 2-3 more weeks tops.

My point being if galactic command and the rng gearing seemingly in no way stop us from doing the content we want to, is it really worth quitting over.

A much better reason to quit is still the same as in kotfe.

In PvP, set bonuses can easily dictate who wins a close match / fight.

Sadly, those who defend this system don't understand the PvP implications. Probably because they never PvP. This insane system hurts PvP more than any other part of the game.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Galactic Command at its core is a good idea. Normalizing rewards for the various different types of activities is a good idea. Gating character progress behind horrific RNG requiring more and more time investment for each new RNG box is about the worst possible idea they could have had. It undoes all the other good parts, poisoning how everyone seems to feel.

I certainly hope someone at BW Austin is listening and we hear something positive on tomorrow's livestream besides the rather obnoxious self congratulations we got from their Massively interview. Otherwise not even the SW IP will save this game.

Until you can craft set bonuses, you're wrong. Crafting is subpar.

Set bonus is only tiny increase in dps. You will not need it unless you're really bad player. Of course if you're then maybe you should try to get better at game instead. Like someone said a long time ago: player skill > set bonus

Quote: Originally Posted by Vember View Post

If any of the set bonuses were actually useful, you might have a point.

Maybe they aren't to you, but they sure as hell are to others.

But...But....you are suggesting that different people have different requirements and different methods for playing the game! HERESY!

Set bonus is only tiny increase in dps. You will not need it unless you're really bad player. Of course if you're then maybe you should try to get better at game instead. Like someone said a long time ago: player skill > set bonus

Horrible logic. So I'm assuming you would turn down .25 extra on your hourly pay?

So I"ll not even comment on the dps part- set bonuses for tanks help with mitigation of the damage they are taking in and for healres helps to boost crits, and assist in energy mgmt. Taking them away means you have dps who don't hit as hard, tanks that can't take as much damage and healers running out of energy because said tanks are requiring more heals and the dps is taking longer to down the bosses.

So I"ll not even comment on the dps part- set bonuses for tanks help with mitigation of the damage they are taking in and for healres helps to boost crits, and assist in energy mgmt. Taking them away means you have dps who don't hit as hard, tanks that can't take as much damage and healers running out of energy because said tanks are requiring more heals and the dps is taking longer to down the bosses.

Last I checked, the tank set bonus gave a 2% or 3% boost to mitigation. Nothing to get overly excited about. Some of the 6 pieces bonuses aren't bad, but they aren't game changers by any stretch of the imagination.

Horrible logic. So I'm assuming you would turn down .25 extra on your hourly pay?

This exemplifies the facts actually.

If you make 0.50 per hour.. then a 0.25 bump IS extremely significant.

If you make 50.0 an hour... 0.25 won't be missed or appreciated really, except on the matter of principle. Some people will fight over a penny. Others are more pragmatic.

Same with set bonus. It's total bonus effect is small. Now.. if you are using it as a stand-on-principle over your dislike of the random nature of Command Crate contents.. just say it and stop hiding behind small bonus effects as though they were make/break for your game play.

Fact is, the RNG component of combat rolls/results in battle will swamp out any effects of the set bonus. If you were to run a statistical set on the results of combat with and without set bonus... the total net effect is probably around 1% advantage with the set bonus. {Big freaking deal}

Set bonus on MMO items is a carrot some people are foolish enough to pretend is a brick of gold, with diamond inlays that they simply must have.

A mole hill is not a mountain, unless you insist it is strictly on principle. From any practical standpoint, it's simple conflation on your part.

Edited by Andryah

Last I checked, the tank set bonus gave a 2% or 3% boost to mitigation. Nothing to get overly excited about. Some of the 6 pieces bonuses aren't bad, but they aren't game changers by any stretch of the imagination.

You do realize that 2 or 3 % over and extended encounter means less heals right?

You do realize that 2 or 3 % over and extended encounter means less heals right?

RNG variations in combat, over a prolonged fight, swamps out any measurable benefit.

If you have, it of course you would wear it... but if you don't.. the sky is not falling.

This exemplifies the facts actually.

If you make 0.50 per hour.. then a 0.25 bump IS extremely significant.

If you make 50.0 an hour... 0.25 won't be missed or appreciated really, except on the matter of principle. Some people will fight over a penny. Others are more pragmatic.

Same with set bonus. It's total bonus effect is small. Now.. if you are using it as a stand-on-principle over your dislike of the random nature of Command Crate contents.. just say it and stop hiding behind small bonus effects as though they were make/break for your game play.

Fact is, the RNG component of combat rolls/results in battle will swamp out any effects of the set bonus. If you were to run a statistical set on the results of combat with and without set bonus... the total net effect is probably around 1% advantage with the set bonus. {Big freaking deal}

Set bonus on MMO items is a carrot some people are foolish enough to pretend is a brick of gold, with diamond inlays that they simply must have.

A mole hill is not a mountain, unless you insist it is strictly on principle. From any practical standpoint, it's simple conflation on your part.

You logic is completely flawed. .25 cents over a course of year is enough of difference to most people coming in at $500.00 or so. Set bonuses matter on long encounters is the point and you can right 7 more paragraphs on how it does not matter but you are completely incorrect.

RNG variations in combat, over a prolonged fight, swamps out any measurable benefit.

If you have, it of course you would wear it... but if you don't.. the sky is not falling.

AGAIN you are wrong. Variables only matter if they go one way and by the very definition variables don't.

And no one said the sky is falling, you and others act like it makes no difference when it does. You are obviously white-knighting EAWare's banner.

Edited by Kawiki

AGAIN you are wrong. Variables only matter if they go one way and by the very definition variables don't.

And no one said the sky is falling, you and others act like it makes no difference when it does. You are obviously white-knighting EAWare's banner.

Keep going! You're exactly right on this. The bonuses DO matter.