Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Producer stream on thursday

ScottishDrunk

No point letting them know, they'll ignore what we say.

I predict the stream will start with a comment along the lines of "We are really happy with 5.0, it is clear everyone loves it, metrics show logins are up".

And from that they'll go on to pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

And not one major issue will be addressed, or even acknowledged.

All The Best

I'm not overly thrilled. They'll likely preach that overall 5.0 was a huge success, they may briefly slip in they're aware not everyone enjoys the GC system but they're totes working on vague improvements and then they'll simply launch into a lot of hyping over Life Day, the upcoming Anniversary and so forth followed by a big middle finger and a see you next year.

"Your first look at an exciting December" - in other words, information on the 5th anniversary and Life Day, maybe one or two sentences on Galactic Command but tons of praise for the new story. Why would anyone expect anything else?

The stream is going to get ugly very quick.

I really hope they address all the complaints and acknowledge that they are at least aware that many many people are not happy.

But like always, they will hype up life day and show all the new **** on the CM LOL

Oh yes it will. And then they'll shut down chat so they don't have to look at the scathing comments.

The stream is going to get ugly very quick.

I really hope they address all the complaints and acknowledge that they are at least aware that many many people are not happy.

But like always, they will hype up life day and show all the new **** on the CM LOL

Note to myselft: Buy enough popcorn.

Oh yes it will. And then they'll shut down chat so they don't have to look at the scathing comments.

That wouldnt surprise me at all, but my god would that open up a whole other level of crap.

If I were them I would just leave chat alone and let them do what they are going to do. Silencing the complaints will only make things much much worse.

Then again, how much worse can it get :rolleyes:

They won't shut down chat, they'll throw in some mounts if you say "Tait" and people will just follow like sheep. It drastically changes the atmosphere in chat and it works every time.

Edited by Eshvara

I predict the stream will start with a comment along the lines of "We are really happy with 5.0, it is clear everyone loves it, metrics show logins are up".

All The Best

My money is on this. I've been saying it from the very start.

Watch them praise how amazing and loved this new system is. There will be no changes. Do NOT get your hopes up people, because they will just be crushed.

Has there been any evidence at all of them being willing to do this at any time in the last three years?

All The Best

Yes, they made changes to the companion buff after player feedback. Wasn't exactly what everyone wanted, but they did make adjustments.

Has there been any evidence at all of them being willing to do this at any time in the last three years?

All The Best

Honestly, I don't know. I subbed on and off during that time. I hope for the game community that they listen but I don't know how they will react. I've never seen them deal with negativity except when the game went F2p. The people were wrong about F2p so it's probably good thry didn't listen to doomsayers then but these issues are FAR more important /critical than F2p.

It'd be a dream come true if they announce their multiplayer and new ops/pvp content AND addressed people's concerns with how they will improve it. If they do neither then I'll stop hoping and being optimistic and I'll play the game as long as I care to play

All The Best

Why do I believe this !

All The Best

I would put real money on this being the case.

My money is on this. I've been saying it from the very start.

Watch them praise how amazing and loved this new system is. There will be no changes. Do NOT get your hopes up people, because they will just be crushed.

Yep, it'll be just like that 'open letter' we got from Ben that was 95% patting themselves on the back and asserting everything was awesome and perfect, and 5% "Okay, maybe we'll consider giving you some of the stuff you actually want... someday... possibly... after we think about it... perhaps."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.