When all threads are negative, it's bad.

TrixxieTriss

Theres only negative threads on forums because unhappy people are not playing and rather typing, and all happy people are playing the game not caring who cries and were. Usually when people are happy with what they got they don't say a word, they just play.

That's true but the vast majority of unhappy people also don't post, they just unsub and go away without saying a word. We've had evidence of that for years with the dying numbers. You've seen the evidence in your own guilds, always members that just disappear.

Forum posters are always a small subset whether good or bad

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I read it...the yellow line is 'light' population tracking. The green line is 'standard' population tracking.

The 'standard' green went from 40% to 80% since 5.0 released.

The 'light' yellow did the inverse, and went from 60% to 20%.

The expectation is since the green line increased, the yellow would decrease. See for yourself, even the chart shows they are always the inverse of each other.

The analysis aside, who knows where they get the numbers for their chart. I wouldn't give them much weight or credence unless we knew it was a scientific sample, which I expect it's not. And that would also explain why BW/EA frowns on posting links like this.

I do know that the population on fleet since 5.0 is the highest I've seen it in ages. I don't need a chart to tell me that!

The server always inverses with each other. Check the history of the server and you will see... In any case, the server information is coming from SWTOR website. The one that presents the server status. This is what i know at least .

The server always inverses with each other. Check the history of the server and you will see... In any case, the server information is coming from SWTOR website. The one that presents the server status. This is what i know at least .

Ok - now that we are in agreement, I go back to my original statement that the chart indicates the population trend is up 100%! At least for 'standard' population.

It really doesn't tell us much except that on average, the server load/traffic has been heavier than normal since 5.0.

Ok - now that we are in agreement, I go back to my original statement that the chart indicates the population trend is up 100%! At least for 'standard' population.

It really doesn't tell us much except that on average, the server load/traffic has been heavier than normal since 5.0.

Also from the website (it was in the About Tab):

The server statuses and graphs are updated every five minutes, using the official server status page for which I would like to thank the developers from the BioWare Corp. Good job!

So population trends and all that fancy diagrams are coming from BW servers.

While seeing it hit Standard for longer than a couple hours during prime time is an improvement it's pretty much a disaster for a new x-pac release. We should be getting bona fide login queues AND see 'Full' periods with the normal trend being 'Heavy'.

Once folks have worked through the story those trendlines are going back to where they were or worse. Considering the reception that GC+CXP is getting probably a lot worse.

When just about every thread started on the forums is negative, then there is definitely a problem. Especially when they aren't all about the same thing, but do have an underlying theme or "bad Bioware"

So in other words..... for the last 5 years.

Because positive threads almost never get traction in this forum. They do however get plenty of farm floor fodder slathered all over them and anyone who starts or contributes to a positive thread topic.

While seeing it hit Standard for longer than a couple hours during prime time is an improvement it's pretty much a disaster for a new x-pac release. We should be getting bona fide login queues AND see 'Full' periods with the normal trend being 'Heavy'.

They resized a number of the servers to eliminate server queues last year when 4.0 released. So I seriously doubt we will be seeing any full servers with queues again. The last time we saw them was right before they increased the server sizing on a number of the servers.

And honestly.. you don't really want the servers fuller then standard, as they get kind of flaky when that happens. Even at standard, Harbinger is infested with squirrels right now and is not stable (it has always been the least stable server in North America).

The loading level flags for the servers have never been a stand alone measure of the health of a server population, much less any indicator of actual active subscriptions.

Edited by Andryah

They resized a number of the servers to eliminate server queues last year when 4.0 released. So I seriously doubt we will be seeing any full servers with queues again. The last time we saw them was right before they increased the server sizing on a number of the servers.

And honestly.. you don't really want the servers fuller then standard, as they get kind of flaky when that happens. Even at standard, Harbinger is infested with squirrels right now and is not stable (it has always been the least stable server in North America).

The loading level flags for the servers have never been a stand alone measure of the health of a server population, much less any indicator of actual active subscriptions.

That's BS. TRE was heavy during weekend prime time.

Most gaming forums are negative. The game isn't bad. There are some things needing improvement but people see forums as a means to whinge. I whinge about the 1 cxp in heroics but I'm over it now. It won't make me quit but I sure as heck will not be buying boosts.

No, the game is not bad, but what the developers are doing to it and the community is.

IIRC that happened after the KotFE influx. If I was their ops manager I'd size it to handle that capacity with a little bit of headroom but no more than 10%. Hardware ain't cheap. Here's the problem: We're not even close to hitting that capacity much less stressing it. But have we seen the peak yet? I would have thought that would have happened over the weekend.

But that's mostly irrelevant. The population figures for Jan. and Feb. aren't going to be pretty. Of course they won't have to report on those until April or May, plenty of time to get the resumes updated.

That's BS. TRE was heavy during weekend prime time.

Reread what I actually wrote, rather then what you imagined I wrote.

I said I doubt we will ever see a FULL server with a queue again (unless it is ailing). I said NOTHING about any server getting into HEAVY status.

Most gaming forums are negative. The game isn't bad. There are some things needing improvement but people see forums as a means to whinge. I whinge about the 1 cxp in heroics but I'm over it now. It won't make me quit but I sure as heck will not be buying boosts.

I tend to agree. I am personally having fun in the game and generally don't have a lot to say on the boards because I don't have that many complaints. There are a couple of things I'd like to see improved, but that hasn't stopped me from playing each and every night when I get home from work. For me, what the game needs is more reason to do things that aren't the same grind over and over again. For that, you need events. One thing I always thought would be interesting to add to the game is exploration missions where they hide certain thing in the game and you get decent rewards for finding them. Perhaps even add clues throughout the universe that lead you on a bit of a scavenger hunt to find these things. That sort of thing would keep my interest, especially after I've maxed out and geared yet another character.

SWG has negative posting as well in their forums. I used to have a bet with a friend how many negative posts we could find in those forums. I loved SWG but some people would do nothing but complain about this or that up until they announced the game was closing and then those people were floored.

Those people now probably post on the SWTOR forums about how great SWG was, and how SWTOR pales in comparison. :D

Forums looked just like this after 4.0. Lot of the same people posting the same crap, too.

Did they? I don't recall that tbh...I recall a buncha people backtracking on level sync, myself included...others still raging against it, but not many. I thought the reaction after 4.0 was rather positive tbh...other than the lack of content of course.

Did they? I don't recall that tbh...I recall a buncha people backtracking on level sync, myself included...others still raging against it, but not many. I thought the reaction after 4.0 was rather positive tbh...other than the lack of content of course.

One benefit of 5.0 is with random gear boxes being such a terrible change that level sync doesn't even register as an issue anymore. I actually like level sync but hey what can you do.

Nope, was like this. And with the companion change, the forums looked 10x worse. And yes, you are always right in the middle of it.

Edited by Vember