Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How to kill a game.

christian_bmx

And I am impressed how you carefully explained what was faulty or "plain wrong" with the OP, and the valuable addition your comment provided to this discussion. Oh, wait....

Mindless white knights have no need for facts or logic! Merely repeating the same lies, assumptions, and ad hominem attacks over and over will work just as well, right?

I guess people like the post on an emotional level because some of the point are (imo faulty) assumptions, some are plain wrong and some are simply out of the dev's control. So yeah...not too impressed with this topic.

Well, people do love to ************, it's human nature. :o

Remove all weekly passes, so game becomes PAY TO WIN, PAY TO PLAY.

You clearly have no idea what pay to win really is. The removal of weekly passes locked content behind a subscription nothing more; it did not provide any tactical game play advantage to sub since you can't even play to be beaten if you're not a sub.

So much cynicism here.

It achieves nothing as it provides nothing positive or constructive as to the current issues with GC, and how to improve them.

It does however help to aggregate and reinforce more cynicism and hate for the game... a game each player willingly has chosen to subscribe to.

Have fun with that.

Edited by Andryah

they represent their own opinions, which they have every right to do, and absolutely nothing you can do or say is going to refute, change, or otherwise make any of your comments appealing, retorted, or even listened too....one day you will realize that you might have been able to contribute something to this world other than your narrow point of view that might have been meaningful and possibly even respected by others. But until such time, I truly hope you enjoy the negative feedback that others give you for not wanting to actually participate in a discussion, instead of being antagonistic towards the topics that posters convey into the forums.

Where does the post say it is by BW or EA?

That was because i said that on the title. But i realise bio and ea dont give a f..k about swtor

There's the reality of the situation when you step down off that soap box. :rolleyes:

Edited by Aeristash

The worst part of the 5.0 patch is that the new gearing system is beyond any salvation, no matters what devs want to do in order to fix it, it is heavily rotten to the core :

RNG stuffing punishing alt toons playing after years of promoting it.

The only way would be to admit an epic failure and revert it to a classic token system, which won't happen.

This just smells like NGE sh*t, looks like all SW mmos are doomed :(

Edited by SIDIOUSFAN

And I am impressed how you carefully explained what was faulty or "plain wrong" with the OP, and the valuable addition your comment provided to this discussion. Oh, wait....

The OP is just trying to score some points by phrasing popular opinion (by those with a pessimistic view) in a factual way. If you want me to tell you which parts are wrong (imo)...thats quite easy:

Make a reward system that dont give a f..k about raiders and end game and players with a real life.

Don't know about raiding, but the reward system is specifically designed for end game...how does it not give anything about it? Speaking of careful explanation...it is completely lacking in that statement. Players with a real life should generally welcome this gearing system because they don't care about min-maxing their gear. RNG isnt really a problem when you are not looking for anything specific.

Make a forum and dont give a f..k about what the subscriber players think.

Uhuh yeah very insightful. No, they dont use all the feedback on the forums. But then again, the forums arent a good representation of the gaming community. This has been said many times before. There is quite a few things that actually changed and were asked for by the community. Like the desire to feel like a commander rather than a pawn. Which you can obviously see in KOTET. Moreover, if they do not care....why bother responding at all?

Launch a new patch with new bugs and never repairs to the old ones.

Bugs are inevitable...anywhere in any game. There are probably bugs they should have fixed by now, yes. But I can think of none that even come close to killing a game.

Make an annoying Pop UP about DvsL

Obviously something a lot of people would immediately unsub over...I dont even see the problem.

Make a new patch and cero flashpoints, operations, pvp warzones, starfighters, or any type of new game.

Conveniently forgetting about uprisings...

The same history for all classes. Do not care if you are a force user or not

The only truly valid argument imo

Make nothing about credits sellers and spamers.

Assuming I read this right, this is simply not true. They have shown to take action and explore new ways to get rid of them.

The same events every weeks.

Better than no events, worse than new events. I do not personally miss them at this moment and again, I do not see how repeating events kill a game.

Decrease the staff and the budget.

Do this enough and a game dies, fair enough. But its not in the devs or BWs hands so....what is the point?

You can call me a white knight if you want, but I have been critical about this game when I saw reason to. Not sharing a pessimistic view does not make one a white knight. And if not giving proper arguments leads to being a WK, that logic would make the OP a troll.

Edited by Gokkus

Make an annoying Pop UP about DvsL

Obviously something a lot of people would immediately unsub over...I dont even see the problem.

And that's OK.

But the fact that Bioware doesn't even see the problem - with a huge, distracting visual/audio pop-up (which pushes into your face completely non-vital information that doesn't tie in at all to your individual activities), in a game that is supposed to foster immersion in stories and environments, with no option to turn it off...

...that's not OK.

Same was said over the last few years for whatever reasons there were at the time. Game's still here and will still be here next year. Some of you may not be, but whatever you find to play instead good luck with that.

We've gone from 100 servers to, what, 8? And some of those are absolutely dead. Read the writing on the wall. The game can't afford more shrinkage. It may not be here soon if it keeps up.

We've gone from 100 servers to, what, 8? And some of those are absolutely dead. Read the writing on the wall. The game can't afford more shrinkage. It may not be here soon if it keeps up.

My only explanation for the inability to see that is that the usual rabid defenders count servers on their fingers, in decimal. There are no numbers >10, and a drop from 10 to 8 isn't that bad.

And that's OK.

But the fact that Bioware doesn't even see the problem - with a huge, distracting visual/audio pop-up (which pushes into your face completely non-vital information that doesn't tie in at all to your individual activities), in a game that is supposed to foster immersion in stories and environments, with no option to turn it off...

...that's not OK.

And add to it that people have been requesting to remove the popup for strongholds and for the giant notice showing what guild controls the planet since they have been added. Instead of listening to those requests they added yet another pop up in the same area that you cannot remove or disable. Do you really think those people that have been begging for those changes for the past couple years feel like BW cares about them?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.