5.0 Bolster INFO so far for t1 (DPS/HEALS)

kissingaiur

Seems to me all we have to do is augment and then just disintegrate everything until we get to the next tier, then consider swapping out the old pvp gear. The stats on the new gear is barely better, and for a difference so small, might as well disintegrate to get faster levels.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me all we have to do is augment and then just disintegrate everything until we get to the next tier, then consider swapping out the old pvp gear. The stats on the new gear is barely better, and for a difference so small, might as well disintegrate to get faster levels.

Nah, they are technically better (with all in). What you are seeing is basically a big stat conversion. It's taking all your Mastery/END and putting it into Power and tertiary stats. Power/tertiary stat > Mastery/END from a healing/DPS perspective.

There are some exceptions though because of the gear you get from the crates are high END which sucks.

Edited by kissingaiur

Nah, they are technically better (with all in). What you are seeing is basically a big stat conversion. It's taking all your Mastery/END and putting it into Power and tertiary stats. Power/tertiary stat > Mastery/END from a healing/DPS perspective.

There are some exceptions though because of the gear you get from the crates are high END which sucks.

A Little off topic - what are your thought on Curative Agent?

A Little off topic - what are your thought on Curative Agent?

Well right now it's bugged so live it up. It is healing a person who has no probes on them for 50k-70k. I do not think this is intended seeing how it only does this heal in one scenario.

The way it's intended to work.... I personally don't like it. One of the main reasons is there is 2 powerful DCDs which you would have to get up for it. Second is not that many situations where I would personally choose to spec into it. Such as specific solo rank or group ranked situations. Overall how this ability was intended it's pretty bad for solving our burst problems. It literally decrease the HPS of our Infusion and gives us more fluff. Our problem isn't that our heals don't heal for enough, it's the fact that when we need to get a burst heal out we cant because of mezes/ccs/interrupts. That is the problem. The developers refuse to acknowledged that. I much rather they remove this utility and just give us the ability to spec into something that gives us interrupt immunity for 15 seconds.

On Topic: I didn't have time last night to test mods. I was doing the finishing touches to my guides I am releasing <3. I will try to do the testing today.

So keep 208s just switch to the new augments until you get a full set of the new end game gear with the set bonus.

Pretty much yes. Keep your 208 armorings in because they have your set bonus. Replace the armorings as you get the new Eternal Commander set bonus pieces, the 230 purple armorings they stack with your old 208s so you can keep your set bonus (thank god).

I had my old 208 pvp set and 216+ pve set and tried to see whatever combination is better. Very confusing, replacing them under bolster did not result in straight upgrade with no loss anywhere with one exception - weapons. Seems upgrading hilt/barrel from 208 is safe bet right now. Per OP 208->230 this results in +463 for tech power, i'd say 208->220 is something like ~300 so its very worth it if you have old ones lying around.

I had my old 208 pvp set and 216+ pve set and tried to see whatever combination is better. Very confusing, replacing them under bolster did not result in straight upgrade with no loss anywhere with one exception - weapons. Seems upgrading hilt/barrel from 208 is safe bet right now. Per OP 208->230 this results in +463 for tech power, i'd say 208->220 is something like ~300 so its very worth it if you have old ones lying around.

Any higher armor rating hilt or barrel is a dps/hps increase because they give a flat increase to your tech power/force power. Don't be afraid to replace them!

Why crit/alac for augments and not normal power/crit? thanks!

We know for a fact the coefficant for healing power is lower for Power/Master for healers. So healers would get a bigger HPS gain from Crit/Alacrity over Power/Mastery.

You are right DPS probably shouldn't go a pure Crit/Alacrity build. I should edit this but... it's hard to know what is really 100% BiS for DPS at this current moment. There is only speculation.

In an perfectly optimal situation a DPS can pull the best numbers going a pure Crit/Alacrity build.But PvP isn't an optimal situation for damage output since you have to deal with "uptime" (loss of GCDs and unable to get everything out on CD). So yes, Power/Mastery come more into play for DPS in PvP because these stats don't lose any effectivness with downtime, it's a flat increase to your damage bonus

I think the most interesting question now is Power or Mastery for DPS? According to Bant's calculations once you hit which looks like the soft cap of crit 1900 rating, he goes straight into Mastery over Power. One of my friends asked him what his thoughts were if the stat pool was bigger, what should DPS put stats into, and it was Mastery. Is this evidence that Mastery is better then Power in 5.0? Could be.

Other things to consider: Normally when looking for the most optimal stats for PvP DPS/Healers we look at PvE gearing situations. The issue now is that with the new bolster, we are being bolstered OVER the PvErs. Our stat pool is much bigger then theirs; we have a lot more wiggle room. I know right now I am not even close to being fully 230 geared and i'm hundreds of rating over (Crit/Alacrity) the required 242 Operative Healer mark for PvE Operative Healers.

Conclusion:

-Run pure Crit/Alacrity for healers.

-Unlike other patches we don't have hard stat restrictions that are hard to meet. This leaves a lot of stat wiggle room.

-My educated guess is that DPS might want to run Master over Power this patch according to the trend and information we got from Bant. Mastery might be slightly better then Power.

my2cents take it as you will.

Edited by kissingaiur

anyone knows at wich tier/armor rate the bolster stops changing your stats? (i.e have the same stats in your ship and in a warzone)

thanks for this post and sharing.

As far as I am aware nobody knows yet.

That being said, I woke up to a guild MOTD from a guy who knows a lot of PVE players and I guess he was testing their 240 hilts/barrels and seemed to think they were bolstering backwards. I'll be bugging him about what was happening for sure. It was just the barrels and hilts though.

Edited by yellow_

Fully 208 mods vs. blue 230 mods test:

Full 208s to full BLUE 230s (high END) Full bugs and 208 stim

Base (full 208 mods):

Mastery: 7315

End: 8898

Power: 3457

Critical:2167

Alacrity 1925

Bonus Damage: 3242.9

Bonus Healing: 2336.8

PUT IN ONE 230 blue mod in

Mastery: 7352 (+37)

End: 8900 (+2)

Power: 3422 (-35)

Critical:2155 (-12)

Alacrity 1915 (-10)

Bonus Damage: 3242.2 (-.7)

Bonus Healing: 2336.0 (-.8)

Mastery: 7395 (+43)

End: 8911 (+11)

Power: 3390 (-32)

Critical: 2144 (-11)

Alacrity 1907 (-8)

Bonus Damage: 3243.5 (+1.3)

Bonus Healing: 2336.6 (+.6)

Mastery: 7432 (+37)

End: 8913 (+2)

Power: 3355 (-35)

Critical: 2132 (-12)

Alacrity 1897 (-10)

Bonus Damage: 3242.7 (-.8)

Bonus Healing: 2335.7 (-.9)

Mastery: 7467 (+35)

End: 8922 (+9)

Power: 3325 (-30)

Critical: 2128 (-4)

Alacrity 1897 (SAME)

Bonus Damage: 3242.8 (+.1)

Bonus Healing: 2335.5 (-.2)

Mastery: 7510 (+43)

End: 8933 (+11)

Power: 3293 (-32)

Critical: 2117 (-11)

Alacrity 1889 (-8)

Bonus Damage: 3244.1 (+1.3)

Bonus Healing: 2336.1 (+.6)

Mastery: 7553 (+43)

End: 8945 (+12)

Power: 3261 (-32)

Critical: 2106 (-11)

Alacrity 1881 (-8)

Bonus Damage: 3245.4 (+1.3

Bonus Healing: 2336.7 (+.6)

Mastery: 7589 (+36)

End: 8947 (+2)

Power: 3226 (-35)

Critical: 2094 (-12)

Alacrity 1871 (-10)

Bonus Damage: 3244.7 (-.7)

Bonus Healing: 2335.9 (-.8)

Mastery: 7626 (+37)

End: 8949 (+2)

Power: 3191 (-35)

Critical: 2082 (-10)

Alacrity 1861 (-10)

Bonus Damage: 3243.9 (-.8)

Bonus Healing: 2335.0 (-.9)

PUT IN LAST ONE 230 blue mod in

Mastery: 7656 (+30)

End: 8952 (+3)

Power: 3160 (-31)

Critical: 2078 (-4)

Alacrity 1861 SAME

Bonus Damage: 3242.6 (-1.3)

Bonus Healing: 2333.8 (-1.2)

Full 208 vs. Full 230

(208)

Mastery: 7315

End: 8898

Power: 3457

Critical:2167

Alacrity 1925

Bonus Damage: 3242.9

Bonus Healing: 2336.8

(230)

Mastery: 7656 (+341)

End: 8952 (+54)

Power: 3160 (-297)

Critical: 2078 (-89)

Alacrity 1861 (-64)

Bonus Damage: 3242.6 (-0.3)

Bonus Healing: 2333.8 (-3)

Concusion: Blue 230 mods are garbage~! WEAR YOUR 208s till you get 230 purples!

Edited by kissingaiur

Hottie this may sound strange but I used your Healing Scoundrel Guide to base my gearing off my DPS Vig Guard. Mainly your soft cap percentage and so forth. For 5.0 I have read your Medicine Guide and I read that ~1900 Crit and ~1800 Alacrity is what you want. I have been testing out with 6/8 crit/alacrity and 7/7. Your recommendation was to go for a split between the two and I have used that strategy in 4.0 and now in 5.0 and it seems to be working well. My question is: the 1900 or 1800 rating for crit and alacrity--is that bolstered or unbolstered in 230 gear? I'm currently in full 230 gear except my ear,implants and relics are 230 Purple Mk4 (idk if that matters but they were crafted not in a crate.

In short, in full purple 230 gear, is my crit and alacrity rating supposed to be at 1900/1800 bolstered or unbolstered?

Also, for DPS what are your thoughts on accuracy in PvP now?

Hottie this may sound strange but I used your Healing Scoundrel Guide to base my gearing off my DPS Vig Guard. Mainly your soft cap percentage and so forth. For 5.0 I have read your Medicine Guide and I read that ~1900 Crit and ~1800 Alacrity is what you want. I have been testing out with 6/8 crit/alacrity and 7/7. Your recommendation was to go for a split between the two and I have used that strategy in 4.0 and now in 5.0 and it seems to be working well. My question is: the 1900 or 1800 rating for crit and alacrity--is that bolstered or unbolstered in 230 gear? I'm currently in full 230 gear except my ear,implants and relics are 230 Purple Mk4 (idk if that matters but they were crafted not in a crate.

In short, in full purple 230 gear, is my crit and alacrity rating supposed to be at 1900/1800 bolstered or unbolstered?

That is a good question. The values should be reached with bolster (since it scales up your gear a lot). You will notice that your in warzone stats are bolstered most likely higher if you are wearing 208 or full 230s gear as well. Which is fine. Just keeping a split crit/alacrity build is the whole point.

If you want to know what a DPS PT are aiming for in PvE, which is probably relevant for you, I would refer you to Bant's calculations (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112). At some point he starts to stack Mastery Enhancements because they seem to scale better for DPS.

Just be aware that the reason healers run a Crit/Alacrity build is because the healing coefficient is higher for these two stats verse Mastery or Power. Crit/Alacrity is good for DPS as well but you also tend to get more out of Mastery/Power than healers because your bonus damage scales better. Keep this in mind.

Hope that helps.

Edited by kissingaiur

I read that ~1900 Crit and ~1800 Alacrity is what you want.

1800 is basically guaranteed way too much alacrity for a dps in PVP. You wouldn't even want that much in PVE.

You actually need less accuracy in your gear because bolster gives you a bunch, use the bolsterizer on fleet to see how much accuracy you'll have in PVP. This may be subject to change in a century when we all have high rated gear but for the time being bolster will be giving you a fair amount.

Edited by yellow_

You actually need less accuracy in your gear because bolster gives you a bunch, use the bolsterizer on fleet to see how much accuracy you'll have in PVP. This may be subject to change in a century when we all have high rated gear but for the time being bolster will be giving you a fair amount.

Im sure it varies based on the class, spec and what not, but what would you say is a good starting point for melee accuracy post bolster add in? Is 105% a solid place to be or would it be better to sit around 107-109?

1800 is basically guaranteed way too much alacrity for a dps in PVP. You wouldn't even want that much in PVE.

Even carnage mara only needs ~1250 to clip 4 abilities into ferocity window. That might change when they fix the double stance bug though, but even then 1800 seems too high.

Even carnage mara only needs ~1250 to clip 4 abilities into ferocity window. That might change when they fix the double stance bug though, but even then 1800 seems too high.

Yes, I don't think he is saying Alacrity for dps is bad, he is saying it's too much

Edited by kissingaiur

Im sure it varies based on the class, spec and what not, but what would you say is a good starting point for melee accuracy post bolster add in? Is 105% a solid place to be or would it be better to sit around 107-109?

105% is good for specs with a significant amount of white damage because that accuracy will never be wasted given the base 5% defense chance in PVP.

You could make an argument for more, especially for a spec like marksman, given that a lot of classes and specs actually have more than 5% defense chance a lot of the time. Sorcs and sins have 10% for some reason, carnage maras tend to have 11% with the stacks of that thingie, I think concealment and AP have some extra too, tanks can debuff your accuracy...and so on. Personally I choose to run 105% in spite of this because the idea of accuracy beyond 105% being wasted stat against most specs most of the time bothers me but it's worth being aware of.

wow ok. Very cool write-up. Thanks so much for taking the time.

I was hesitant to get back into WZs at 70 with just my fully augmented 208 set but I guess it'll just bolster and be fine for regs. From there I can gear up through command packs.

Thanks!

105% is good for specs with a significant amount of white damage because that accuracy will never be wasted given the base 5% defense chance in PVP.

You could make an argument for more, especially for a spec like marksman, given that a lot of classes and specs actually have more than 5% defense chance a lot of the time. Sorcs and sins have 10% for some reason, carnage maras tend to have 11% with the stacks of that thingie, I think concealment and AP have some extra too, tanks can debuff your accuracy...and so on. Personally I choose to run 105% in spite of this because the idea of accuracy beyond 105% being wasted stat against most specs most of the time bothers me but it's worth being aware of.

ok, so the golden rule of 105% is still "technically" the way to go. Thanks for the reply. :)

I just wanted to let everyone know I will be checking bolster on 240s hopefully Tuesday of this week. We will see if they bolster you up or down. If they do end up bolstering you down hat means you won't need the highest gear sets to be BiS for PvP.

So, if 240's do bolster you down, then what would be the point of doing this ridiculous CXP grind for? I'm starting to get the feeling that. like earlier incarnations of bolster, some lower gear is going to be the sweetspot bolster wise vs. top end 240 gear.

You remember Hottie.... pvp peeps would changer their gears downward to a certain point because the bolster was better than cruising around in the top PVP gear?