OMG, you got to make Command Levels Legacy wide....!!!

DenariusJay

OMG, it is like saying once I reach lvl 70 on one of my characters, I want all of them be lvl 70.

This new level up system should mean with next expansion, they can add extra context without raising the lvl to 75.

:rak_02:

More like - "I reach level 70 on one of my characters, I want the next 51 on this server to level up to 70 more easily because I did the long way once already." But leveling is already easier if you got the level-boosting gear stuff from DvL, which you had to get by doing things the long way (going through the first four tiers of the event). And there's no gear to make Galactic Command leveling "less of a grind"

Galactic Command isn't even like Alliance Influence where you can run a whole bunch of heroics from 61+ to farm for boxes and throw into your legacy cargo hold.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. With the majority of players done with the system, they would inevitably wander off again once the well ran dry. With the system intact, they're more prone to stay for as long as it takes to get their toons to the top rankings with the top gear.

You are so wrong and having illusions. This new system is opposite reaction and people unsubbing left and right fast coming weeks.

If CC purchasers were their target audience, they wouldn't have done DvL to us. I purchased more CC than I even want to know or admit, and they basically told those of us who invested in their game to go **** ourselves. The price they'd have to pay for my forgiveness wouldn't be worth it to them and will never happen - a targeted apology and promise never to repeat DvL - and so I've made peace with that.

Be that as it may, you're right that I'm probably not their target audience, but that doesn't mean I don't still expect something for the money I do spend on the game. Despite the bad blood over the event, it makes me sad to see an amazing game that still has so much potential keep going along this death spiral. At the very least I'm paying for the right to complain and whine about it on the forum for a few more days. :rolleyes:

I look at the DvL event as "here is a free taste". Now go spend real money getting what the random DvL crates didn't give you. It's the equivalent of the school yard drug dealer giving a 12 year old his first joint for free.

More like - "I reach level 70 on one of my characters, I want the next 51 on this server to level up to 70 more easily because I did the long way once already."

Ohh that is what people mean. Then I can approve. First I thought it meant to have all alts reaching Rank 300 without lvling.

Are you people sure there might not be a 10% boost to CXP once you reach 300 Command Rank at your main.

Same as with with GSF you get boost when mastered. Though it is for mastered ship only.

However they could add a 10% boost for alts.

I cancelled my sub, which sucks, I really do love the game, lots of great people in it, unfortunately this command system has forced me to just give up, I love playing all my toons, running ops for gear, gsf, pvp, all of it I do enjoy it. What I don't enjoy is putting all the hours required to "may or may not" receive set bonus gear out of random loot crates. What a horrible *********** idea, whoever thought that this would be great fun for us, whatever your intention was, I cannot allow myself to be subjected to such abusive trolling from a bunch of gamer nerds, who, should have known better than to implement this kind of system.

I cancelled my sub, which sucks, I really do love the game, lots of great people in it, unfortunately this command system has forced me to just give up, I love playing all my toons, running ops for gear, gsf, pvp, all of it I do enjoy it. What I don't enjoy is putting all the hours required to "may or may not" receive set bonus gear out of random loot crates. What a horrible *********** idea, whoever thought that this would be great fun for us, whatever your intention was, I cannot allow myself to be subjected to such abusive trolling from a bunch of gamer nerds, who, should have known better than to implement this kind of system.

reached command rank 17 no purple no set bonus i unsubed

Edited by scardera

I have never gone in for BIS, set bonus min/max whatever gear. I'm not a raider or a PVPer so I don't need that stuff. But what I was able to do, at least for the past two expansions is get entry-level comm gear. This ensured a nice level for which most story/open world stuff wouldn't be an issue and in some cases it got me into running flashpoints. Not for more gear or "the shinies" or whatever it is your typical MMO players do but just because it was fun. Playing enough FPs in 4.0 let me get mid level comm gear, which again isn't min-maxed or set bonused or ever particularly optimized from what I'm hearing. But it was enough.

Now from what I understand I can't even get that reliably. RNG thus far has only given me junk and empty shells. I have no other recourse for getting back at the level I was. Can I still do flashpoints? Gear does matter even with bolster, with some of them being overtuned or sometimes PUGs being less than optimal (shocking, I know) and especially if you want to try some HMs as well.

I'm a solo, story, casual player through and through. You just managed to kill the one grouping/MMO thing I enjoyed here, Bioware and the one thing I could've stuck around playing even after I've done the stories to death.

gg

btw ANY MMO the endgaame grind is pre character no legacy bound sruff .i see nothing wrong with this its pretty much like any other mmo but god forbid you all now have to work to get stuff its called a time sink hello

BTW in other MMOs they continously update the end game, so... you know... we have here 2 years old content. Or older.

btw ANY MMO the endgaame grind is pre character no legacy bound sruff .i see nothing wrong with this its pretty much like any other mmo but god forbid you all now have to work to get stuff its called a time sink hello

I suppose if I point out an MMO where I can get entry level endgame gear within seconds of maxing level, you'd tell me to go play that instead right?

Actually, as far as I'm aware, MMOs have been trending toward easier gearing for end-game and when they don't, it's usually also a game that doesn't support alt play much. To support alt play to the extent that SWTOR does and then suddenly not support it for end-game gear, nor support it for an end-game side progression system, is self-defeating at best.

Actually, as far as I'm aware, MMOs have been trending toward easier gearing for end-game and when they don't, it's usually also a game that doesn't support alt play much. To support alt play to the extent that SWTOR does and then suddenly not support it for end-game gear, nor support it for an end-game side progression system, is self-defeating at best.

That's what I don't get and the fact they are silent about the system is pointing to something too IMO.

mmo make you grind new contend not 3-5 years old garbage hello

Edited by scardera

Ohh that is what people mean. Then I can approve. First I thought it meant to have all alts reaching Rank 300 without lvling.

Are you people sure there might not be a 10% boost to CXP once you reach 300 Command Rank at your main.

Same as with with GSF you get boost when mastered. Though it is for mastered ship only.

However they could add a 10% boost for alts.

I will say that at least, it was what I was meaning.

So like Rank 50, next alts gets a 10% boost. 100, 15%. 150, 20%. 200, 25%. 250, 30%. 300, a 35 or 40% boost.

BW have to change how GC works otherwise i don't think swtor has much of a future

I feel the same way and pretty confidently too. I just don't see people sticking around for this garbage slogfest.

Before the expansion released, I was kinda hoping the system would pan out well, so that people would stay and the game would survive. After seeing it in action, I kinda want people to leave, to force BW's hand. That or to kill the game. Cause right now, this system disgusts me. I don't know how else to put it in visceral terms.