OMG, you got to make Command Levels Legacy wide....!!!

DenariusJay

The whole time we could play with whatever char we wanted and progressed be it gear, achievements or resources. This GCS is like a character based stronghold. You have to get the decorations for each char. Ive seen that in WoW. It sucks. Its why I left.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has already been asked or addressed as I cbf to read all pages, but if Command levels would be legacy wide, wouldn't that mean it would be harder to get gear? If you're for example at rank 300, your character will have to get the CXp for rank 300, which takes longer than rank 1-100?

If rank 300 requires 1mil cxp, but getting from 1 to 100 also requires 1m cxp, you'd have a higher chance of getting better gear faster as it's a lot more boxes against just getting 1 box.

Or am I seeing it wrong?

Not sure if this has already been asked or addressed as I cbf to read all pages, but if Command levels would be legacy wide, wouldn't that mean it would be harder to get gear? If you're for example at rank 300, your character will have to get the CXp for rank 300, which takes longer than rank 1-100?

If rank 300 requires 1mil cxp, but getting from 1 to 100 also requires 1m cxp, you'd have a higher chance of getting better gear faster as it's a lot more boxes against just getting 1 box.

Or am I seeing it wrong?

Yes, that is a valid point, which is why the ideal would be to pull the actual gear progression out of GC and then make it legacy-wide. In other words, keep the value of the system as a max-level progression with goodies, but go back to delivering gear through a less stupid method.

Or am I seeing it wrong?

You have it half right.

While it would take longer to get a single box of gear, the gear would be tier 3 and better than what drops at tier 1.

So you wouldn't have to start at the bottom for each character -- meaning the overall grind would be much less.

You have it half right.

While it would take longer to get a single box of gear, the gear would be tier 3 and better than what drops at tier 1.

So you wouldn't have to start at the bottom for each character -- meaning the overall grind would be much less.

I get the tier 3 vs tier 1 part, but I still rather have a full set of tier 1 faster than a slower collection of a tier 3 set, if its even in the box at all.

It's probably quite unlikely not go get a full set of purple tier 1, in a hundred boxes.

While the system certainly isn't my favourite, making it legacy wide doesn't actually sounds like something that would work on top of a system that's already bad.

I get the tier 3 vs tier 1 part, but I still rather have a full set of tier 1 faster than a slower collection of a tier 3 set, if its even in the box at all.

It's probably quite unlikely not go get a full set of purple tier 1, in a hundred boxes.

While the system certainly isn't my favourite, making it legacy wide doesn't actually sounds like something that would work on top of a system that's already bad.

Ya GC is indeed a bad system indeed.. However romancing arcann would be worse!:p

All gold NPCs now grant 1 Command Experience point (down from 10).

With this latest change it will take non-raiders ten times longer to level up command ranks. ON EACH CHAR!

This is THE BIGGEST middle finger to the community that comes... came together to grind as groups.

Edited by Zasszz

For mine, making it legacy wide is only a half-fix. It's the RNG that I can't stand. I think about my husband playing Destiny and coming out of a PVP match with zero rewards. This system is exactly like that, except instead doing one PVP match and getting no rewards, you have to do multiple tasks (PVE, PVP, whatever) to get from one level to the next, and after that ever-increasing investment, you get no meaningful rewards. Why the **** do you have rep tokens in these crates? Do you know how long I've been playing this game? I don't need a green Yavin rep token when I've had that rep maxed for years! I don't need an ugly, empty BOE sniper rifle shell on my BH, or any other toon for that matter!

This command system would be fixed like this:

1) make it legacy wide

2) change the BIS gear in boxes for legacy bound tokens.

3) Add vendors. Say X number of those tokens for X part of BIS gear.

THAT would make the legacy system relevant as well. Think of it, all your toons working together in a meaningful way.

You need to implement this suggestion, or a close version of it. Simply making the current system legacy wide isn't good enough IMHO.

I don't get why, it's not like 10 is exactly much..

Maybe the one who already has level 300 did something that might justify this nerf. But I think they did it because they have the impression grinding droomund kaas mandalorians was too rewarding for a group activity. We will never know until they come clean.

I wonder if the GCS would be something if it started right off at lvl1. But with uprisings only available after a certain level past 50.

Edited by Zasszz

Just unsubbed. 1cxp for golds is the final straw and I didn't even abuse it (although I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered it due to the grind). I like PVP but only in small doses. In 4.0 I would have had BiS gear on my all my alts by now and I could have dropped in and out when I felt like it. This week I've been PVP-ing like a maniac only to reach level 10 and I'm done. I can't keep it up. I'll just stay preferred and play the stories and whatever group content the game still lets me do. And if that's too restrictive (even with all the unlocks) I will just uninstall and move on. MEA is out in a few months. I have a lot of unfinished mods for FO4 I'd like to get back to working on. This will probably be my last MMO. I've never spent so much money on one game. I see a nice looking weapon or piece of armour? Can't have it unless I commit to grinding the same cntent day in day out for credit or pay real money (like fifty quid) on hypercrates either to try my luck or resell on the GTN for ONE armour. That's the cost of a completely new game. It's ridiculous really and it needs to stop so I'm thankful for the wake-up call.

I have never gone in for BIS, set bonus min/max whatever gear. I'm not a raider or a PVPer so I don't need that stuff. But what I was able to do, at least for the past two expansions is get entry-level comm gear. This ensured a nice level for which most story/open world stuff wouldn't be an issue and in some cases it got me into running flashpoints. Not for more gear or "the shinies" or whatever it is your typical MMO players do but just because it was fun. Playing enough FPs in 4.0 let me get mid level comm gear, which again isn't min-maxed or set bonused or ever particularly optimized from what I'm hearing. But it was enough.

Now from what I understand I can't even get that reliably. RNG thus far has only given me junk and empty shells. I have no other recourse for getting back at the level I was. Can I still do flashpoints? Gear does matter even with bolster, with some of them being overtuned or sometimes PUGs being less than optimal (shocking, I know) and especially if you want to try some HMs as well.

I'm a solo, story, casual player through and through. You just managed to kill the one grouping/MMO thing I enjoyed here, Bioware and the one thing I could've stuck around playing even after I've done the stories to death.

gg

^^^ QFT. I'm a casual player. And the comm system gave me the ability to get decent gear in a reasonable amount of time (I mostly PVP for the set - after I almost tore my eyes out).

Now if you think I'm gonna spend my gaming time grinding out the same content over and over for gear.. no. I did that once in vanilla WOW and promised myself I would never ever EVAH! do that again.

I got a Jedi Knight ready to go into the new content. And working on a Sith Warrior (in the 50's). I'm gonna not take my jedi though just yet; get my Sith ready and then decided which to take through the new content. At this point I doubt I'll grind anything for either. Just the story and then cancel until the next chapter. Rinse and repeat.

You know, I'm a founder. I subbed to this game when it first hit. Played for about a year and left due to the grind. Then came back for each expac. Stayed for 6 months or so and left. I was hoping to stay this time. I like the story mode a lot. But I don't like repeating the same story over and over.

And now with this gear mess, it's worse. I can't even gear up my Sith now for KOTFE. He has to go in with what drips from heroics. Messed up.

One other question, why isn't the old gear available for purchase by vendors in the game or on the Cartel? The PVP gear was some of the best looking gear in the game. **** the stats, I want the look.

Edited by cagthehack

Totally agree. I have all 8 characters just for the sake of story and legendary status, but I really just want to play my main character, my sentinel. Heck I didnt even do the star fortresses on all my characters because of the time it would take to find someone to group with on each character. Definitely should be legacy. Edited by Omedarcus

Agreed, this needs to be legacy wide. They needed to make the Alliance system legacy wide, but they never did. This, however, HAS to happen. I cannot level this up on all of my alts, it isn't possible for me. I already abandoned most of my alts because of the alliance system in the last expansion, and I'm going to be abandoning even more for the GC system :/ I simply do not have the time in my life for this sort of nonsense.

/signed

Agreed, this needs to be legacy wide. They needed to make the Alliance system legacy wide, but they never did. This, however, HAS to happen. I cannot level this up on all of my alts, it isn't possible for me. I already abandoned most of my alts because of the alliance system in the last expansion, and I'm going to be abandoning even more for the GC system :/ I simply do not have the time in my life for this sort of nonsense.

/signed

If it takes 400 hours to hit Rank 300 and some of us did Operations on +6 toons (Imp/Pub Tank, Healer, DPS).

Then that's 2,400 hours minimum.

WHAT.

THE.

SAM.

HILL.