OMG, you got to make Command Levels Legacy wide....!!!

DenariusJay

"How do you kill, that which has no life?" - South Park

DUDE, there is no way you can expect us to grind this per toon. Redoing all this old content, with RNG gearing, on multiple characters, I give up man. GG Bioware, GG.

I have COMPLETELY lost interest in my alts. Gone. Don't even feel like leveling them to 70 - zero point. I played a solid 4 hours last night doing rank/fp/unranked pvp and only got to command level 8 with junk dropes. This has to be legacy wide, I can't see this making it anyway fun unless it counts across all characters.

I'm not quiting, but I'm numb from this change, I'm pigeon holed to stay on one character to grind this cxp in hopes for better gear, but the grind is definitely real.

I miss 4.0

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DUDE, there is no way you can expect us to grind this per toon. Redoing all this old content, with RNG gearing, on multiple characters, I give up man. GG Bioware, GG.

I have COMPLETELY lost interest in my alts. Gone. Don't even feel like leveling them to 70 - zero point. I played a solid 4 hours last night doing rank/fp/unranked pvp and only got to command level 8 with junk dropes. This has to be legacy wide, I can't see this making it anyway fun unless it counts across all characters.

I'm not quiting, but I'm numb from this change, I'm pigeon holed to stay on one character to grind this cxp in hopes for better gear, but the grind is definitely real.

I miss 4.0

I just cancelled my account because of this. You fight with them about it, but I'm done. I have 40 level 65 toons. Thanks but no thanks. This is where I get off this bus ride. Nice knowing you all but I'm done. Un installing this game right now from my PC and making it a memory. A bad memory too.

Edited by MaximumOwnage

I just cancelled my account because of this. You fight with them about it, but I'm done. I have 40 level 65 toons. Thanks but no thanks. This is where I get off this bus ride. Nice knowing you all but I'm done. Un installing this game right now from my PC and making it a memory. A bad memory too.

Tragic loss to the community, I'm terribly sorry to see you go.

I miss 4.0

I have to say I agree with everything Denarius is saying. I feel the same way. At least make this earnable across legacy so we can switch up toons. It's sadistic not even to be able to switch toons. :mad:

Agree completely with OP. I'm not much of an alt guy, but in the vanilla game I happily leveled 8 toons to the max because it was actually fun. Even on Makeb (I know, blasphemy, but I liked it there).

In KotFE, however? I have ONE 65 character. I could not be arsed to level up my alliance on him past lvl 10, and I'm glad I didn't bother with it at all on other toons, seeing how it had no relevance whatsoever.

Now, in KotET, with actual gear depending on mindless-drone-style grind that is going to take forever to get anywhere... I ain't so sure I'll manage to go through this even on that one max level I have.

GG, BioWare, indeed.

You got 40 toons in BiS pre-5.0 gear for both PVP and PVE?

For PVE gear it was very easy to gear a newly 65 level character in tier one gear. In fact if you were smart you had it as soon as you dinged 65 assuming you did your class missions. PvP was even easier.

This system is a joke and a needless grind especially for alts.

1,000,000% agree with OP.

The Legacy system was so alt-friendly. GC is the exact opposite. For the last 2+ years, the only thing keeping me interested in SWTOR has been the relative ease of advancing multiple characters. That all disappeared with 5.0.

For PVE gear it was very easy to gear a newly 65 level character in tier one gear. In fact if you were smart you had it as soon as you dinged 65 assuming you did your class missions. PvP was even easier.

This system is a joke and a needless grind especially for alts.

I don't think he had BiS PVE & PVP gear from last expansion. I'm starting to think you guys don't augment your gear either.

Have you all finished augmenting your gear yet in MK-10s?

I don't think he had BiS PVE & PVP gear from last expansion. I'm starting to think you guys don't augment your gear either.

Have you all finished augmenting your gear yet in MK-10s?

BIS gear for PvP he very well could of had for a good % of his chars.

I'm not sure how this even applies. But no, I have not fully augmented to MK-10 on left side as it is a waste of resources, they still have MK-9 from my leftover stash, I have one new blue implant for 11 CCs. The shells on the right are augmented to MK-10.

But that was not the point. My point is, that tier one gear is about as time consuming to acquire as 224 gear was previously. You can misdirect and paint any picture you want but they have made gearing exceeding more time consuming for all levels and almost impossible for more then one character.

It's a completely moronic system for a game that has been as alt friendly as this one has been. For me the thought of gearing a second toon is not going to happen under the current system which is what will eventually drive me away as I don't necessarily have a "main". I've always enjoyed this game but this is a deal breaker for me.

Edited by Kawiki

BIS gear for PvP he very well could of had for a good % of his chars.

I'm not sure how this even applies. But no, I have not fully augmented to MK-10 on left side as it is a waste of resources, they still have MK-9 from my leftover stash, I have one new blue implant for 11 CCs. The shells on the right are augmented to MK-10.

But that was not the point. My point is, that tier one gear is about as time consuming to acquire as 224 gear was previously. You can misdirect and paint any picture you want but they have made gearing exceeding more time consuming for all levels and almost impossible for more then one character.

It's a completely moronic system for a game that has been as alt friendly as this one has been. For me the thought of gearing a second toon is not going to happen under the current system which is what will eventually drive me away as I don't necessarily have a "main". I've always enjoyed this game but this is a deal breaker for me.

You should craft gear or buy off GTN.

Seems like you can craft pretty good gear without the set bonus. Add augments and you can get pretty decently geared in no time. At least that should help, since the main issue seems to be the time it takes for the RNG to give you decent gear.

Typical BW overshooting. They thought a system like this would entice people to keep their subs, but what they're going to find out real quick is people are seeing the steep incline and saying "screw this, I'll go do something else with my time (and money)".

I miss 4.0

I already unsubed and will not sub ever again till the remove the bs rng crate crap, the drops are just as bad as cartel shop packs, only the huge huge grind to those crates. it all bs and they were told not to do it but they did anway way, 3+ months from now i wonder how many subs will be left,

Seems like you can craft pretty good gear without the set bonus. Add augments and you can get pretty decently geared in no time. At least that should help, since the main issue seems to be the time it takes for the RNG to give you decent gear.

I've only seen 228 crafted gear as yet though I could be mistaken. higher tiers will be available I'm sure but you will need the schem and/or special materials I'm sure. Buying form the GTN maybe feasible for one character but prices I'm sure will be extremely inflated for months if not permanently and a full set will likely run at least 20mil.

These are not solutions they are bandaids, I know it and you know it. The system blows. They need to at least make it legacy wide and preferably you start earning CXP from level one.

For this to be viable, both the schematics and raw materials need to be plentiful.

During the latter part of 4.0, it cost over 100 million credits to purchase a set of 220 gear off of the GTN.

Crafters will have to grind quite a bit to obtain the schematics for 232 and 236 rating. Between that and a probable limited supply of exotic mats, I wouldn't be but a bit surprised to see a set of high level gear costing a quarter of a billion credits to purchase.

So yeah i just returned, but i think all ill be doing is the new story and then leave again, this GC system is beyond horrid.

I'm not going to do anything at all. This is the final straw for me. I just hate that it is ending this way but oh well its not my fault. I didn't make this game.

I'm not terribly annoyed by the grind but that's because I will only do it once....on one character and I'm not promising I will make it to max rank....

I have abandoned my 9 alt 65's due to the grind...It's far too much for sure.

I'm not sure if this was a plan or just completely disjointed....why introduce the DvL event which promotes new alternate character creation and then basically force the player to choose one via game design? Very poor choice unless they thought everyone would except the grind and all the new characters would just keep people grinding longer.....

But that is not terribly realistic given the pre-launch feedback on the RnG system....

In fact what is happening is that people are giving up almost immediately and abandoning the game......Which is no surprise given the estimated duration of gearing being somewhere in the neighborhood of a year for the average person, last I read....

If I were to guess they will under react and the adjustments made won't slow the bleeding enough....This may be what puts SWToR on the island of lost MMO's........where they linger on with few subs for years with no budget or hope for improvement until death....

Edited by Soljin

How are you going to gear up all your characters if its legacy wide? I think that would take a whole lot longer to be honest because the higher level you are the longer it takes to get a new level, thus a new box to open?

I'm not sure if this was a plan or just completely disjointed....why introduce the DvL event which promotes new alternate character creation and then basically force the player to choose one via game design? Very poor choice unless they thought everyone would except the grind and all the new characters would just keep people grinding longer.....

It's not just the DvL event ... the Legacy system has been a huge component & point of differentiation for this game since launch. The GC system completely undermines the purpose of the Legacy system.

They definitly have to make a change to gear up alts easier, I can see why they want to make it a grind for one character, but just do it like final fantasy 14 and give a passive 100% or even 200% cxp increase to alts, as long as they are below the level of your main's characters galactic command level.

It's not just the DvL event ... the Legacy system has been a huge component & point of differentiation for this game since launch. The GC system completely undermines the purpose of the Legacy system.

Oh I agree...I wanted to hold back judgement until I played in 5.0 but now with a 70 in the system I can honestly say this was a very poor direction to go....and contrary to many previous and existing game systems that promote alternate characters.

If they would have slowed the grind to a reasonable speed then they would have gained the time it takes for players to run their alts through the system.....Instead they made it so overwhelmingly bad people are dropping to one character and I think many will drop out of the grind once they get a sense of how its going to work for them...Its not kind.

I now officially see the RnG gearing system and raising the GC cap to 300 a large mistake on Bioware's part.

To be clear I have received a few upgrades through the crates but infinitely more useless items....which gave me a sense for the drop rates.....which is also unkind.

Edited by Soljin

How are you going to gear up all your characters if its legacy wide? I think that would take a whole lot longer to be honest because the higher level you are the longer it takes to get a new level, thus a new box to open?

Because you will skip all the tier 1 and tier 2 levels. The ranks flat lines at 300 so you will be earning a box at the same rate and it will include tier 3 gear.