Command points for doing PVP is absurd

CaptainDil

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one thing we can agree on is that the system was terribly implemented. The new PVE content offers crappy CXP and is much more difficult without a healer than tactical FPS without a healer and in my experience you can get more cxp doing certain FPs anyway.

It is like they did ZERO testing.

It is not absurd. I played for 3 hours last night mixing up between WZ's, FP's, Heroics and Uprisiings. I got 3 levels from 17 to rank 20. I know PvP is faster, but there really wasn't that much of a difference in the progression from each.

However they should give more CXP for PvE that should be your complaint.

The only absurd thing is that I got NOTHING of use from the 3 boxes. RNG is absurd not CG. The system would work great if they removed RNG imo.

Edited by Simbr

It won't last long. People who are genuinely interested in ranked were playing ranked in 4.0. CXP grinders will quickly tire of doing it if they do it only for the cxp and do not enjoy it.

Except they are watching something else on second monitor. How could they get bored?

This guy has guide to farm CXP the laziest (and most annoying to others) way.

Edited by Halinalle

Well, I never did ranked PvP and I'm willing to give it a try to gain a boost to my CXP.

I wouldn't bother with it if they didn't nerf the Gold elites to the ground. I was never intending to farm that Tat Heroic area the way Jerba did, for example, but I was actually chasing Golds during my weekly heroic runs, which I stopped doing since 4.0.

If they keep it all like its now you will see more and more doing ranked just to lose and get CXP from it, as it's one of the fastest way to get it.

That will include me, and I don't care about my ranking or anybody else in my team....

Except they are watching something else on second monitor. How could they get bored?

This guy has guide to farm CXP the laziest (and most annoying to others) way.

That video precisely proves my point. This guy is already bored to death with the game as it is. And paying for something you don't enjoy is not a lot of people would do. They'd unsub instead.

Once I hit 70 it became very clear that the fastest way to get command points is to just que for PvP. You can get 600+ command points for doing a 4v4 arena that takes ~5 minutes, while doing a SM operation gives you 600 points for completing. The 4v4 arenas also seem to be popping up more than pre 5.0, so the quicker matches are happening more often. On top of that, even if the warzone gets shut down in 30 seconds for having too little people, hey who cares here's a free 300 points for being a sport. And these are regular warzones, I haven't even seen what you get for ranked warzones.

It's great and all since I prefer PvP, but it's at the point where its inefficient to do anything else... I've done veteran uprisings and story mode ops, but neither come close to the rate at which you get crates doing PvP. I don't think PvP rewards should be changed, but the amount of command points in PvE should be raised. Getting 15-20 points for killing champion NPCs just isn't very efficient.

I know that the developers wanted a balanced way of grinding out these crates, but at the moment there is one that is clearly a better use of your time.

Stop writing such threads, don't give them reasons to nerf pvp grinding, there are already many leavers because of long gear grind, dont make it worse! In addition, if devs make pve more efficient - there will be threads from pvp players whining that it's unfair. Pvp may give more cxp but it is also more complicated - you fight real humans not npc

i am in full agreement to have pvp cxp nerfed big time just so the rest of the community can be up in arms about what bioware are doing.

but isn't it already over the RNG of the GC crates? :D:D o, can someone plz send me some bullet points from that stream they're doing on thursday? =) cause i fell it will be in the middle of night my time =) lol thank you. :D:D

u know what's a good system... the ESO champion points =) that's nice for choosing how to spend ur bonus points lol =) just a random thought.

Absurd is only that PVE content gives very low CXP.

It's not pvp that's broken, it's pve that's broken.

:(

much this. it's not exactly broken it just seems like it gives much less CXP cause fps and ops are naturally longer and then cxp of gold mobs has been nerfed, which made the net result worse.:eek::eek:

something does need to get changed. and selling CM boosts is certainly not IT haha:D:D

Stop writing such threads, don't give them reasons to nerf pvp grinding, there are already many leavers because of long gear grind, dont make it worse! In addition, if devs make pve more efficient - there will be threads from pvp players whining that it's unfair. Pvp may give more cxp but it is also more complicated - you fight real humans not npc

Which would be fine if you only got points for winning - but you get points for losing, which you can do afk, which is absurd.

Yesterday PvP with SWTOR team-looking balance <3

Me (DPS) + Guy (DPS) vs. DPS,DPS,DPS, Healer.

Fastest CXP in history of SWTOR, we won't even try to fight. :rolleyes:

lol arena yesterday:

my team - DPS, DPS, DPS, me (healer)

opposition: healer, healer, healer, DPS.

..... very WOW, such balance, much sage.:D:D:D:D:D:D

PvP WZs do give great CXP and it is enough to compel people to PvP over other activities they may prefer.....But! To be clear it's because CXP returns are set far too low for some of the other activities.....

The RnG grind of 5.0 is completely off the charts ridiculous especially adjacent to 4.0 which had almost no gear grind at all....

The Gold Mob nerf was knee jerk and actually hurt 5.0 more than anything because it further restricted options for optimal CXP gains by making some activities no longer worth running....

I'm not even going to mention how the first day I would actually go out of my way to fight a couple extra packs to get that Gold mod down while running heroics......Now once again I blow right past everything except the objective.....Bioware if your goal was to slow people down a bit the Gold Mob CXP Nerf did the opposite.

Point being....Be Clear when walking down this road....WZ CXP should stay the same...other activities need CXP buffs.....

Well, lets hope bioware.....sorry, EAWare actually have some common sense and buff up the pve side of things, because even if pvp gave 2000 cxp per match, win or lose, i still wouldn't do that piece of crap, pvp is boring and no amount of rewards will get me to play it..

Well, lets hope bioware.....sorry, EAWare actually have some common sense and buff up the pve side of things, because even if pvp gave 2000 cxp per match, win or lose, i still wouldn't do that piece of crap, pvp is boring and no amount of rewards will get me to play it..

that's ur opinion and u're entitled to it =) i've been a raider for 5 years now, but having cleared all the 8 man content except maybe 1-2 bosses in nim dp, and having no new raids, i'd rather go and pvp with a guildie or 2 instead of pugging the same boring ops lol:D:D:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.