KOTET Mouse Droid -SPOILERS-

MaryEO

Is is just me or did anyone else find this a trial?

Getting the things shut down on the Gravestone with the mouse droid? Took me soooo many tries before I finally got past the skytroopers to the second one, then almost as many for the third one. I got so frustrated I thought maybe I could jump down to that level and take out the troopers myself, but that just killed me. Maybe it was just because it was late and I was tired! Stupid skytroopers!

It sucked even more that as soon as you turned off one thing, you got booted back and had to start from the same starting point every time. So even if you did it perfectly, you still had to run it three times.

This. I had no issues with the droid itself, it just irked me not being able to continue on without restarting the damned thing.

no one zapped the droids with the EMP?

That being said, I went through that chapter twice, it still took several tries on the 2nd time around.

I did...when the game recognized that I hit the button. But you have to be behind them for it to work. And, again, if the server is suffering from any sort of lag, the server sometimes thinks you did nothing at all (looking at you, Harbinger).

You watch. You learn the pattern. You execute your moves. Done

It was a simple puzzle. I emphasize SIMPLE, guess though it was it was too hard for you. Oh well...

Yea I failed a few time but once I had the pattern down it was simple.

Or was the challenge to much for you to handle. hmm?

Come on guys get real. I'm 63 my reactions are slower and I only failed 2 times. But I have the patients to observe and learn.

It was really easy and a real delight as mouse droids are one of the best things in Star Wars. Got a bit of a Metal Gear Solid vibe to it, just much more simplified. How anyone could struggle with this is beyond me. I do share the opinion that being booted after shutting down each terminal was slightly annoying, but that lost us what, 10 seconds? Hardly the end of the world.

I think there could be a little bit of lag but on the whole it was a lot easier than some of the thieves guild missions in ESO.

Not saying that I think forced sneaking is a great thing but it is nice the BW are trying out some other systems to add variety to the game play.

after the first few attempts i realized the whole thing is a lame duck, the skytroopers are all on a specific spawned path, so each time you activate the mouse droid the skytroopers are starting from their spawned points and starting their patrol paths.

what is annoying for me, after the first part with the two skytroopers, you go up a ramp and there are another two on the upper walkway, you end up wasting time waiting for these blasted droids to turn around and walk away a little before you can get through the other side to the final section.

i would like to see the skytroopers keep to their patrol path after the droid is taken offline so it don't look so lame.

If you played video games in the good old days, this minigame is easy. All you have to do is observe the skytroopers and learn their pattern.

Try playing R-Type. <-- This is a difficult game. And you need to learn the movement patterns of all enemies.

I hated the walker bits- Mouse Droid was okay- I'm just not the biggest fan of mini games but no endless skytroopers yet so there's that. It just required timing and for lag not to bite you in the rear.

I thought the walker bit were immensely entertaining. Being able to stomp skytroopers into scrap metal was *epic*.

If you played video games in the good old days, this minigame is easy. All you have to do is observe the skytroopers and learn their pattern.

Try playing R-Type. <-- This is a difficult game. And you need to learn the movement patterns of all enemies.

I am currently stuck on that mouse droid. Getting passed the 1st set of enemies was easy after I figured out the pattern. Was able to get passed the 2nd group of enemies but it happened so fast that I can't remember how I did it. That is where I am stuck. I had to log off because I was so frustrated.

Why do people feel the need to belittle someone else because it takes longer to figure out mechanics, even if they are "easy"? Certain things don't come as quickly. Last time that I played a video game was on my Atari 2600 almost 35 years ago.When I asked a friend why he was able to pick up on certain things so fast he said it was "gamer instincts".

Oh, I figured out pretty quick that the droids had a pattern. Getting past the third set was the worst because even if I seemed to be out of their red zone, they'd get me. But I was tired be then, and it was seriously late.

Why do people feel the need to belittle someone else because it takes longer to figure out mechanics, even if they are "easy"? Certain things don't come as quickly. Last time that I played a video game was on my Atari 2600 almost 35 years ago.When I asked a friend why he was able to pick up on certain things so fast he said it was "gamer instincts".

Yeah, no reason to belittle. I've only been playing 2 and a half years, and this is the only one I've ever played. Will never be an ace, but it's Star Wars, and I play for the story.