Downtime: 30 November 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks!

All servers are now live! Let's talk about why we did this quick maintenance. The Planetary Missions button in Galactic Command has had its functionality turned off to address a bug. The intent is to address the underlying issue and turn the functionality back on during our launch maintenance on Friday.

The reason we made this change is a bug where if someone pressed the Planetary Mission button there was a chance it could automatically complete some Missions. Meaning that by simply pressing the button, they could receive CXP. Additionally if someone declined the pop-up they would receive a new set of Missions which could continue this effect.

The actual effect of this bug is fairly minimal as it only impacted a limited amount of Planetary Missions. We are not taking action against individuals who experienced this bug. I also want to thank everyone for being discrete about the nature of this bug as we received quite a lot of personal messages indicating what was happening. That allowed us to isolate and address the issue quickly.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Nicely handled, AND TIMELY, in my view. And a detailed explanation after maintenance is appreciated. :)

+1 cookies for Eric.

Edited by Andryah

Hey folks!

All servers are now live! Let's talk about why we did this quick maintenance. The Planetary Missions button in Galactic Command has had its functionality turned off to address a bug. The intent is to address the underlying issue and turn the functionality back on during our launch maintenance on Friday.

The reason we made this change is a bug where if someone pressed the Planetary Mission button there was a chance it could automatically complete some Missions. Meaning that by simply pressing the button, they could receive CXP. Additionally if someone declined the pop-up they would receive a new set of Missions which could continue this effect.

The actual effect of this bug is fairly minimal as it only impacted a limited amount of Planetary Missions. We are not taking action against individuals who experienced this bug. I also want to thank everyone for being discrete about the nature of this bug as we received quite a lot of personal messages indicating what was happening. That allowed us to isolate and address the issue quickly.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Since it is all new I thought it was normal.

Much better communication over an exploit and excellent to see it was quickly shut down however one issue ...

I know this was publicly outed on reddit and individuals did purposely take advantage of it for gain so where you say "limited" and where it warrants investigation is that only when a very small portion of the community purposely use it for gain that you decide to not waste resources and investigate to take action?

If so I find that a dangerous angle to take since there are some who seemed to have benefited greatly from this and even if they are only a handful of players I still personally feel they should wear some sort of punishment. Not talking those who found and reported or didn't make any real gain from this of course, those that purposely targeted it for gain.

Either way, nice to see prompt action taken in addressing the possible exploit itself.

Much better communication over an exploit and excellent to see it was quickly shut down however one issue ...

I know this was publicly outed on reddit and individuals did purposely take advantage of it for gain so where you say "limited" and where it warrants investigation is that only when a very small portion of the community purposely use it for gain that you decide to not waste resources and investigate to take action?

If so I find that a dangerous angle to take since there are some who seemed to have benefited greatly from this and even if they are only a handful of players I still personally feel they should wear some sort of punishment. Not talking those who found and reported or didn't make any real gain from this of course, those that purposely targeted it for gain.

Either way, nice to see prompt action taken in addressing the possible exploit itself.

Good grief... calm down. Someone always trying to stir the pot.

And before you say anything else tattle tail related, I did not use or know of the exploit.

Hey folks!

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Thank you for getting this taken care of fast :)

I had no idea till this morning, i did it on my main, which i have done every heroic on before, and daily and weekly, all of it so i figured oh i must be getting them completed because i have done it all in the past. Plus i didn't know it was on reddit, i was playing the expansion non stop exploring it until i went to bed, so 7 hours straight of game play only leveling through the story, i only hit rank 9 but i only did 4 planetary rest were ops and chapters and killing elite mobs.

Hey folks!

Thanks everyone!

-eric

My understanding is that you guys were told about this bug on the PTS over a month ago. Why was it not addressed then?

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Hey folks!

Thanks everyone!

-eric

I have a question (probably a stupid question). If I completed any heroic weeklies after this maintenance will I still get the weekly command xp for them? I had no idea about this issue until I realised I wasn't getting any weekly command xp and google led me to this explanation. I completed the Tatooine and Drommund Kaas Heroics - will I miss out on the command xp for this week?

Hey folks!

Thanks everyone!

-eric

I still can't access planetary missions