Downtime: 30 November 2016

TaitWatson

The Walker missions could be good, if it didn't feel like the whole world was moving in slow-mo through a world of molasses.

Star Wars should by about fast paced, dynamic, seat of the pants combat. Walkers aren't even close.

All The Best

So I must have imagined those AT-ATs and AT-STs in the original trilogy, since apparently they aren't Star Wars?

Walkers in the original trilogy (the only one that matters) have always been ponderous mobile fortresses of death and destruction - and the SWTOR devs captured this rather well.

The only grief I have with the Walkers is that they cannot strafe... probably also pretty in line with the original, since any sidewards movement was usually immediatly followed by collapsing into a smoldering heap of junk, but that's what threw me the most when switching from normal combat to walker.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely disagree - the Walker bits are awesome, finally a new approach in mission design, finally something to break up the old routine!

In fact I wish we could have more of these outside of the story.

The idea in itself is fun, but meeh... Between all the cutscenes I hardly get to play my character in the story, so when there's killing to be done I'd like to do it as my character.

Another thing I didn't like was (only done up to ch 5, mind you) that the walker/megadroid passages were simply too long. Too many annoying mobs to stomp - even though the stomping was fun. Fun, yes, but I still got bored because the mobs just kept coming and coming.

Anyway. I think they're "fixing" Shae Vizla.

I mean idk about anyone else but in the first 5min of playing i got headgear that was 100x better then the heroic headgear i had been farming for the last 3 days prior patch. Kinda silly tbh not even a boss kill.

I played through the entire expansion, up to six on Veteran mode, then switched to story because my gear wasn't good enough for the Rancor in 7, so that was a fluke for you. Best I got was 230.

Hey folks,

We are going to be bringing the servers down temporarily at 8AM PST (1600 GMT). The servers are going to be unavailable for approximately an hour.

Thank you for your understanding!

sper sa rezolvati arhiviment dvl ,legendary status :rolleyes:

Walker missions are what they are, I suspect a good way to get GC points as I recall lots of 10's coming up when I was stomping on stuff.

They are though a little on the slow side, which is kind of strange as they are meant to be scout walkers good for scouting, if the enemy can out run you on foot in one then its not going to be much good.

On story its a fun experience on master I don't think it will be nearly as enjoyable, but then I don't know how much of the unresponsiveness was the server having problems as it seemed to be quiet often or the walker itself being designed like that to stop spamming of missiles.

The idea in itself is fun, but meeh... Between all the cutscenes I hardly get to play my character in the story, so when there's killing to be done I'd like to do it as my character.

Another thing I didn't like was (only done up to ch 5, mind you) that the walker/megadroid passages were simply too long. Too many annoying mobs to stomp - even though the stomping was fun. Fun, yes, but I still got bored because the mobs just kept coming and coming.

Anyway. I think they're "fixing" Shae Vizla.

Don't worry, you will get plenty of kill-time with your character before finishing the first 9 chapters. =)

I guess the main reason for the number of enemies when in a Walker is simply that this is the best way to demonstrate just how much more powerful you now are because of the Walker... if it were just 3-4 silver mobs, I reckon any well-equipped DD could take them out about as fast if not faster (due to the heavy Walker abilities-cooldown) as a Walker... but with those big groups, and sometimes multiple waves of them in short order, it really demonstrates the destructive power a single Walker can bring to bear in the hands of a skilled pilot.

i just finished unlocking the palace

now i pray there isnt a rollback

to be continued

That maze was a big headache. I hope for your sake there's no roll back, but you're about to run into the Rancor and if you're trying that on Veteran, he has over 600,000 HP, which is just a little ridiculous.

That maze was a big headache. I hope for your sake there's no roll back, but you're about to run into the Rancor and if you're trying that on Veteran, he has over 600,000 HP, which is just a little ridiculous.

lol, if you think 600k is a lot of HP, wait til you see the Chapter IX final boss... even on SM you'll laugh at those puny 600k. =D

And like I said in the other post, there is a way to get help for that fight if you are observant enough to spot it and figure it out. =)

Edited by HomerMorisson

There is a way to get very powerful allies for that fight... ;)

It stuck me with Theron. Since I'd basically ignored him prior to this expansion, he was only affection rank 8 for me. Some helpful person told me about the "snack" channeling, so I was interrupting that, but he still just killed me easily. So how do you get more allies?

Odd there is still no patch downloading!

Agreed... 25 minutes of the estimated 60 are already gone, and usually they only shut down the servers once the patch is ready for distribution, right?

Unless this is a boiling hot hotfix that broke a whole lot of other stuff once distributed internally. ;)

It's possible they're not actually patching anything, given they made no mention of it in the original post.

I'd like to hope they are, but 24 hours into "early access" is, admittedly, not where they normally do such things.

True, perhaps it is a backend (platform) issue

Edited by Sasco

It stuck me with Theron. Since I'd basically ignored him prior to this expansion, he was only affection rank 8 for me. Some helpful person told me about the "snack" channeling, so I was interrupting that, but he still just killed me easily. So how do you get more allies?

Not what I meant... you are always there with Theron, that's simply "in the script"... but there is a way to get additional allies, albeit unconventional ones.

I do not want to spoil it outright, neither for you or anyone else reading this... so let's just say that there is a being somewhere inside of that palace that could use some help and would remember you helping them very kindly indeed. ;)

lol, if you think 600k is a lot of HP, wait til you see the Chapter IX final boss... even on SM you'll laugh at those puny 600k. =D

And like I said in the other post, there is a way to get help for that fight if you are observant enough to spot it and figure it out. =)

I finished the expansion last night and I don't remember anything difficult while in story mode. Which boss are you referring to?