Ravage!!!???

VitalityPrime

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can all the people who are going to ban ravage from their quickbars for aesthetic reasons that play on Red eclipse post their character names? I want to put them on ignore so that I won't get grouped with them :p

On a serious note, I don't really care how it looks, but being rooted for 3 seconds and/or getting the message "you cannot use this ability while moving" sucked big time for a class that has to be mobile. Yay for no more channels :D

BTW that's no new animation...they just combined two - one that consulars/inq get at level 1 and something from the vigilance - can't be sure if it's plasma brand or overhead slash.

So yeah - another rushed and barely patched up thing.

I say that it's great that you can move while doing it 😉 and ofc you can't be interrupted😉😃

But imho they could have done a lot better with the animation...

1 - they could have taken just the last part of ravage - the great saber blow that looked like you could split a man in half (yeah I know that looks like slash...but nerf slash, something like those pityful strikes at the beginig of ravage)

2 - take the last part of master stike (blade blitz...whatever) - that also looks cool, like you are really hitting the oponnent

3 - take out the puny miny strikes - will make ravage look a lot better

Ty bioware for ruining something I liked...again.

Edited by OnoRonin

I rarely used Ravage before and will most likely take it off my quickbar now.

OMG this just made my day!!

Mr. it is because of people like you the game is in the state it is!! Not using Ravage?? I mean, jesus.... blah I cant find the words to comment on this!!

OMG this just made my day!!

Mr. it is because of people like you the game is in the state it is!! Not using Ravage?? I mean, jesus.... blah I cant find the words to comment on this!!

Truly hope this is sarcasm because no one should have to listen to your assinine remark if it is seroius -_-. Tell people what to do much? In the event it IS sarcasm, awesome :p.

I don't mind the new animation.

However I'm not completely sure how useful it is going to be with the 50% damage nerf. I get that it costs no rage and no longer a channel but it now I'm not sure if its worth the 1.5 GCD unless it can be worked in as a filler while better attacks or rage building attacks are on cool down.

Truly hope this is sarcasm because no one should have to listen to your assinine remark if it is seroius -_-. Tell people what to do much? In the event it IS sarcasm, awesome :p.

As long as you keep playing solo, do whatever you like. But if you group with other people it should be common courtesy to play to the best of one's abilities...

I hate this change. I honestly don't even feel like playing the game anymore.

The worst part is I don't even understand why. "It adds mobility" for what? Raids? Last time I checked there are no new raids nor are they planning on adding any.

The loss of the channel abilities suck. They added an epic feel to the classes.

Ravage, Flamethrower.

Been subbed since launch I know it might seem silly and dumb to others but this actually makes me want to call it quits.

I think I am done. The channel abilities were in the simplest of terms fun and added something unique to the classes. If the plan is to replace fun for a more simple approach as turning an ability such as Ravage into another boring swing I'm just done. Way to take a good thing after 5 years and ruin it.

Edited by Revy
updating

Funny story, I was actually just fantasizing about making one of those cheeky romance videos, where they stick an object into a romantic scene and I would put the Blade Barrage icon in there.

Though before you set me on fire and murder me so hard that my ancestor's firstborn son dies, the animation is nothing special to me. I'm just loving the combat pacing. With sentinel/mara alacrity spec, the rotation pace is no longer fast, fast, fast, slooooooooow moooootioooon, fast, fast, fast.

It feels much more alive now. My only wish is that I could attack with the centering speed buff all the time.

You can't have a 3 point attack animation on a non-chanelled ability. It kind of had to be changed for gameplay reasons.

This, and mobility > flashy animations. Old ravage would have been useless in these new uprisings where you're taking on like 30 mobs at once.

I hate this change. I honestly don't even feel like playing the game anymore.

The worst part is I don't even understand why. "It adds mobility" for what? Raids? Last time I checked there are no new raids nor are they planning on adding any.

The loss of the channel abilities suck. They added an epic feel to the classes.

Ravage, Flamethrower.

Been subbed since launch I know it might seem silly and dumb to others but this actually makes me want to call it quits.

I think I am done. The channel abilities were in the simplest of terms fun and added something unique to the classes. If the plan is to replace fun for a more simple approach as turning an ability such as Ravage into another boring swing I'm just done. Way to take a good thing after 5 years and ruin it.

This sums up how I feel.

I am (was) here for the vanilla content, of which I have a lot left to see. And at this point, having so much time and money invested in the game, before 5.0 hit I couldn't have imagined any changes that would make me want to walk away and leave the remainder of the class stories unseen.

But between this, and the PvP weapons I earned all of a sudden no longer being usable by me, and the stupid DvL popups... Never mind how bad the new content is, or how little of it there is - even for someone who just wants to do the original content, there's so much lameness subsuming it.

I get that you guys don't have the budget you used to and can't make new stuff at the level of the original stuff. That would seem to be all the more reason NOT to take away all the cool old stuff. And yet...you keep taking it away.

Edited by Clarian

I don't like the new animation. The old one was one of the best in game (IMO, obviously). What's worse is that my rhythm is all off now. I'm so used to waiting three seconds before hitting my next skill that my JK performs her new, stupid little twirl and stands there for another two seconds before I realize that nothing is happening. I'll get used to the new rhythm, obviously, but it's a vexation on top of getting rid of a good animation in favor of having them do an ice skater twirl :(