RIP Bounty Hunter fun

strallart

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, Death from Above on a powertech was never a good visual animation.Yeah it is a cool move,but shooting blaster fire from one blaster and a finger always looked out of place imo. Now i can see the raging from Flamethrower because its a canon iconic BH ability but i dont see it as a gamebreaker because at least they added the flaming farts:D

not from a finger, but from a gauntlet. Or some wrist launcher in the gauntlet. It was good

Lmao. It's the only class out of my 30 toons that I hate and don't play

I can't play pyro in pvp, but I love it in other aspects in this game.

Pyro is the only class I managed to get the 'one and only' title during that time after 4.0 hit when they nerfed the companions for a week or so, before buffing them up again.

Troopers weren't safe from this ******* change either, their replacement is just as bad visually.

Like the ones before where anything great. They replaced okay animations with **** in BH case they replaced legendary animations with **** there is a huge difference here.

New Flamethrower and Death from Above replacements look absolutely terrible...good job Bioware, in one fell swoop you've destroyed a good portion of my enjoyment for this class.

I agree. Flamethrower...come on, that's super iconic for Bounty Hunters. Removing it is just unbelievable. Death from Above, too, the way it utilizes the jet pack...ugh. This is stupid.

New Flamethrower and Death from Above replacements look absolutely terrible...good job Bioware, in one fell swoop you've destroyed a good portion of my enjoyment for this class.

Lol if this is the sole reason the class is ruined you really never loved the class much in the first place. At least not as an endgame player, that is.

My BH fun ripped years ago, when I couldn't play him together with his friend, the Sith Warrior my husband played. In other words, from SoR, where grouping up to play the story became frowned upon.

Then of course came KotFE and now my BH lost the rest of his friends too, including his wife Mako. When it became apparent that he wouldn't find her again anytime soon, he thought 'Sod it all, I haven nothing left to fight for, so I just won't fight' and joined Nico Ocarr in the bar at Odessen to drown his sorrows.

Sometimes, he'd stumble out and in a drunken stupor use a few of his weapons and skills, mostly to relive memories of glorious moments.

Now he won't even have that.

And I won't be playing him.

Remains to be seen if I even play this game after testing it for a few days.

Well, from playing through the latest Content during the DvL Event, I can say that this is right in line with the overall theme they are going for.

By which I mean that Bounty Hunters are NOT Male Lightside Jedi Knights.

And therefore undeserving of having Cool Abilities.

Or stories that make sense.

Oh, they gutted them earlier. That's all.

I have a PT and a Comando. I really prefer Death from above than the Trooper equivalent (even if is not bad at all, DfA is just cooler), now i will have to remake both (i don't want two so similar). The main reason i did not made a Merc is because i already have a gunslinger so i didn't want another two pistol character. So probably i will remake my smugler too, but then i will have to remake my operative to a sniper (wich i found silly using a sniper rifle as a main gun from 30m or less).

I recently started in this game and most of my toons are low level, and i think this changes sucks. For those who have the main PT BH for years i'm really sorry, this is one of the worst things they make.

The other Changes to BH also sucks. Flame Tower was not also cool, it allowed one to start it, turn and burn everyone arroun you. The replacement from what is see in a video looks very similar to IA Operative carabin burst, witch i found to be one of the worst abilities in the game.

And they are also replacing Explosive dart to making it a Merc explusive. The replacement looks like instant explosion.

PS: Sorry if my english is bad, I'm not a native English speaker.

They gave Flamethrower a newer nicer animation a few years back to make fire look more realistic. So I doubt that is the reason and if it is then it is a poor one.

This is something that makes me slightly miffed, why put dev hours into making the animation better than the original, just to remove it later on?

Well, if BioWare are removing "iconic class abilities" they better be taking away lightsabers from all the force users.....

If Bioware's goal was to make FT more intuitive to use, they should have just reduced the channel time and made it usable while mvoing.

But apparently they thought removing it was the better solution. Are WoW devs infiltrating Bioware?

Edited by strallart

I won't even start KotFE with my BH, because Mako. It's weird; the BH does way better than most for returned comps (4/5!) but Mako is the only one that really mattered.

This is so totally true. Mako was the bestest companion and the one they didn't return. Who makes these decisions, anyhow?

I had my Merc do KOTFE, but as soon as she reached Odessen, I used the console to get Mako back "non-canon".

While these are indeed fun skills to use... they were never the only fun skills and features of the Bounty Hunter. So I am sure most of us will manage to cope and move forward. I certainly will be playing my Bounty Hunters (yes, I have three) in 5.0. I may even make one of them my main for 5.0 (not sure yet until I play a few different characters a bit to see the final results of the class changes).

Change is more painful for some then for others I guess. MMOs do make rather large and notable changes to skills on a regular basis, so I would honestly expect seasoned MMO players to know this and flow with it. Then again, I have been watching meltdowns in MMO forums for more then 15 years every time a character class gets major changes made to it.

Edited by Andryah