Musco opens 4 crates at level 90+ ZERO set gear

Fardarter

It would also leave an issue with PVP gear acquisition but gearing ruins PVP imo - I just tried out the overwarch free weekend and no gearing plus graded matching making on your level = great fun, think I'll buy it and I had no interest what so ever before this trial. Now THAT is how you sell a game to people, with a great product they can try fully for free. If the product sucked it wouldn't have helped and stat based characters would have made it suck ( as I find PVP does in this game for the most part due to that ).

OverWatch is a great game, it's fun to pick up and just play. I do however feel that as an MMO, this game should be a little bit more involved and in-depth.

Look, if BioWare had retained the crystals and said "Two ways to gear and get a set bonus", I would be onboard with GC. If BioWare had added Legendary sets with different set bonuses, that have nothing to do with combat what-so-ever and said "They'll only drop in GC", I would be onboard with that as well (assuming they retained the option for crystal obtained gear). If BioWare had done both of the above, and said that all of the above was available in HM / NiM operations on top of the normal token drops, I would be onboard with that.

I don't take too much issue with the removal of expertise and PvP only gear. Well aside from that fact you'll STILL NEED TWO SETS if you want to PvE as well, and the commendations conversion is two fingers up at the PvP players, and they haven't mitigated the difference in stats at the start of 5.0....

Purely RNG gearing though? That's rubbish without checks and balances in place to mitigate never being able to complete a set.

BioWare had so many options open to them to maintain the "speed bump" in gearing, reducing crystals earned in a week (WE USED TO HAVE WEEKLY CAPS!!!!), lockouts being legacy wide and not character wide. So they go with the laziest option available to them, one that also stops pref. players being able to participate in the game properly.

Half baked idea is a half baked idea.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After replaying the video I have a couple of thoughts to add.

Musco didn't open 4 crates before our eyes. The first crate that had a set bonus piece in it was already open on the screen. So I ask you: how many crates did he have to open before that to get one with a set bonus piece?

Second thought. The set bonus piece was MK-15. Why is it not MK-1? Do set bonus pieces now come with poorly itemised mods?

If you freeze the video at just the right moment when he hovers over the set bonus piece you can see he's wearing MK-3 gear. Does any of this make sense to anyone?

No, it seems strange. Dig around in items on the 2 sites that shall not be named. The gear makes no sense. I'm hoping its just because it was on the test server and they clean it up.

To the people talking about set bonus, I was going to say get your 220 224 set now on the toons you really care about, and then hold on to the armoring while you attempt to gear up in GC. But then I remembered in 4.0, 3.0 set bonus didn't stack with 4.0 set bonus. So it will probably be the same. You can still use the old armorings until you get a full set, but it will be annoying depending on how long it takes to get a new one.

Edited by Krazhez

How is this new gear gonna be class specific? I mean besides the tank gear all the gear is useful for everyone as the only difference between classes before was you either had strength, wisdom etc but now all its mastery. Will mastery disappear?

Set bonus is the main key, odds are different specs will need to move around their crit/alacrity/etc. Also, like accuracy shouldn't be used on heals, heals always hit. But the main thing is set bonus.

IE : Jug dps 2pc set "Sundering Assault or Sundering Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds."

Jug tank 2pc set "Crushing Blow or Guardian Slash increases damage reduction by 2% for 4 seconds."

Marauder 2p set " Battering Assault or Zealous Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds."

You get extra bonuses up to a 6 set bonus.

If you want to look at them all http://ootinicast.com/2016/02/pve-and-pvp-set-bonuses-4-0/ I'm sure there's other sites like dulfy that have them too, or just look at the operations vendors on the fleet, in supplies. (back middle of the cubby inner ring)

Edited by Krazhez

Set bonus is the main key, odds are different specs will need to move around their crit/alacrity/etc. Also, like accuracy shouldn't be used on heals, heals always hit. But the main thing is set bonus.

IE : Jug dps 2pc set "Sundering Assault or Sundering Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds."

Jug tank 2pc set "Crushing Blow or Guardian Slash increases damage reduction by 2% for 4 seconds."

Marauder 2p set " Battering Assault or Zealous Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds."

You get extra bonuses up to a 6 set bonus.

If you want to look at them all http://ootinicast.com/2016/02/pve-and-pvp-set-bonuses-4-0/ I'm sure there's other sites like dulfy that have them too, or just look at the operations vendors on the fleet, in supplies. (back middle of the cubby inner ring)

Do you not need set bonuses only for nightmare raids?

It's beneficial for everything, not necessary for most content, but helpful. But yes the harder hm ops and nim its a big deal, increases your effectiveness quite a bit even though it seems small in writing.

Edited by Krazhez

Purely RNG gearing though? That's rubbish without checks and balances in place to mitigate never being able to complete a set.

BioWare had so many options open to them to maintain the "speed bump" in gearing, reducing crystals earned in a week (WE USED TO HAVE WEEKLY CAPS!!!!), lockouts being legacy wide and not character wide. So they go with the laziest option available to them, one that also stops pref. players being able to participate in the game properly.

Half baked idea is a half baked idea.

I could not agree more. The pure RNG aspect of gearing is why this is the dumbest idea they've ever come up with. I am perfectly fine with solo players working their way towards 6-piece bonuses...I'm fine with removing Expertise...but pure RNG is just foolish. NOBODY should have approved this disaster.

I could not agree more. The pure RNG aspect of gearing is why this is the dumbest idea they've ever come up with. I am perfectly fine with solo players working their way towards 6-piece bonuses...I'm fine with removing Expertise...but pure RNG is just foolish. NOBODY should have approved this disaster.

I'm beginning to wonder if they are tired of people asking for new operations and warzones, and they figured that if they made it hard enough to get gear, that "those people" would just quit the game and leave them alone.

I'm beginning to wonder if they are tired of people asking for new operations and warzones, and they figured that if they made it hard enough to get gear, that "those people" would just quit the game and leave them alone.

That's my conclusion as well. We're about to see how incredibly stupid that decision is.

Not hard but annoying. They've done their best to get rid of the raiding community arguably and though I won't say that the game is gonna die because of 5.0 they certainly already have done a lot to get rid of the raiding community though I have to wonder if they really want that.

You see here's the thing. If they really wanted to get rid of the raiders who want more ops, all they had to do is tell people that there will be no more ops. that's it. People would've left knowing there was no reason to stick around. So feel free to explain to me why they haven't done that and do mind they could've done it a year and a half ago and be done with it.

But they never did.

And I know people with worse luck.

As you said, there are no insurance policies established.

A. There is no such thing as luck.

B. You can always negotiate for token.

C. You can do this ops on other toon, win token and transfer via legacy

D. ??????? 5.0

E. PROFIT!!

Edited by TangaroaOnDaMoon

A. There is no such thing as luck.

B. You can always negotiate for token.

C. You can do this ops on other toon, win token and transfer via legacy

D. ??????? 5.0

E. PROFIT!!

Yup...this only hurts the game and those willing to help form a group.

i'm not the idea of solo players in an mmo is a dumb one. if bioware and the devs had a clue they would tell those players to learn 2 play or go find a nice single player rpg to play. this is an mmo it should be all about group content and the devs are not giving us that.

i used to think the swg devs had been idiots for the nge now however? bioware just shows that they could make something like the nge worse. really after the failures of swtor, da:i and coming next year me:a I don't see bioware being around longer.

i'm not the idea of solo players in an mmo is a dumb one. if bioware and the devs had a clue they would tell those players to learn 2 play or go find a nice single player rpg to play. this is an mmo it should be all about group content and the devs are not giving us that.

i used to think the swg devs had been idiots for the nge now however? bioware just shows that they could make something like the nge worse. really after the failures of swtor, da:i and coming next year me:a I don't see bioware being around longer.

Yup...the smartest thing Smed ever did was to close SWG down...this way, Bioware could be the game that screwed up the Star Wars MMO. The nice thing about SoE, at least they admitted they made a mistake. And Smed's yearly Directors Letter - he never said what we wanted to hear, but he did keep his word on what he would deliver to his customers for the next year. For all the hate he got/gets, he was a man of his word imo. Bioware doesn't even talk to there customers.

Yup...the smartest thing Smed ever did was to close SWG down...this way, Bioware could be the game that screwed up the Star Wars MMO. The nice thing about SoE, at least they admitted they made a mistake. And Smed's yearly Directors Letter - he never said what we wanted to hear, but he did keep his word on what he would deliver to his customers for the next year. For all the hate he got/gets, he was a man of his word imo. Bioware doesn't even talk to there customers.

Even with how little they communicate with their customers, they still manage to not deliver on promises over and over. First the cross server queueing, then never going a year between new operations, and latest all companions being brought back. It's just sad to see.

It makes harder content easier is the key to this so you are semi correct but that begs the question ... why did we need a system that is targeted at "easier content" players to be the only source of giving the gear to do the hardest content?

The only reasoning I can come up with is PVP.

They removed expertise ( easiest way to try make PVP more accessible without actually do a proper job on the PVP gearing crap ) and realised the outcry if they had of left the system as was in that raiders would get better gear faster for PVP than PVP players.

All in all it's just lazy development choices imo. they or utterly disconnected from their player base ( probably both ), time will tell if it bites them on the *** but positive feedback so far is hard to find.

TUXs will never leave though I believe so that's not going to work as he'll continue asking for such content. :p

Even with how little they communicate with their customers, they still manage to not deliver on promises over and over. First the cross server queueing, then never going a year between new operations, and latest all companions being brought back. It's just sad to see.

someone needs to make a list of all the promises bioware has broken over the years it would be a huge read. post it on here and on reddit and show the people how poor this game and the treatment of the community is.

SNIP.....

You see here's the thing. If they really wanted to get rid of the raiders who want more ops, all they had to do is tell people that there will be no more ops. that's it. People would've left knowing there was no reason to stick around. So feel free to explain to me why they haven't done that and do mind they could've done it a year and a half ago and be done with it.

But they never did.

Sounds like a hard question but I think it's easier to answer than most want to believe. Business.

There is no need to tell raiders OPS will are done for. Never to return as that has the chance to remove money. Remove subscribers that still HOPE OPS will return. Business moved into SWTOR and good gaming got pushed to the side and telling your subscribers that something will never happen isn't good for the business. You string them alone with things like, "maybe" and "when this story is finish" and "after we do "X".

It's just another version of the carrot on a stick to keep even a few subscribers still subscribing. bw knowing it has the chance to retain more than just a few because of the SW IP alone.

Business man. Thats why they didn't do it years ago and why it wont happen now even though they made sure to not say OPS when answering a very specific question about OPS. Only group content was mentioned. Very business move to string gamers along even if just till January when bw can only "hope" to talk.

Edited by Quraswren

"if", and it's a big "IF", I were to stick around, they need to address the other elephant in the room, gearing Alts.

I have 30+ Alts, I know that's excessive, but I play them all and most are lvl 65. It will be physically "impossible" to gear them all even if I played 7 days a week for 24 hours a day.

I know people have said there maybe be work arounds by putting items in legacy gear, but why not just make it legacy bound to start with?

The CXP needs to be legacy bound or Alts are useless. They have essentially taken people's money under false pretences if you purchased extra character slots, which many people did for DvL. The DvL event now stinks even worse than it did before. Not only did they make us roll new Alts for it, they encouraged it and took people's money.

You can't tell me that they didn't already have the CXP RNG system planned for this expansion. They would have known that Alt gearing will be near impossible, but they designed an event prior to the expansion to take people's money anyway.

That whole DvL event was just another money grab, I think we all knew that anyway. But we accepted it because we like Alts (or most do). Now they have basically given us the "big finger" and said "F U", we scammed you again and there is nothing you can do. Well we can leave the game, but most don't want to, they just want a system that is fair and works.

I honestly can't understand why more people haven't clued onto this, Bioware basically rorted us and we've been so focused on the new gearing system, that it's slipped by unnoticed. You can't tell me that they didn't know what they were doing. It had to be strategically planned or people at Bioware are just so fundamentally stupid that they should be fired for incompetence.

Why isn't there more outrage at was a clearly crooked behaviour by Bioware or at least extremely unscrupulous.

I hate this new system as much as everyone, but the Alt situation for me really brings to light just how crooked and money grabbing Bioware are. They are willing to basically do anything to milk people in the most underhanded way and hoped we wouldn't see it because of how they obviously expected us to react to the CXP, RNG gearing system.

Why aren't we seeing Crooked Bioware threads and posts?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

"if", and it's a big "IF", I were to stick around, they need to address the other elephant in the room, gearing Alts.

I have 30+ Alts, I know that's excessive, but I play them all and most are lvl 65. It will be physically "impossible" to gear them all even if I played 7 days a week for 24 hours a day.

I know people have said there maybe be work arounds by putting items in legacy gear, but why not just make it legacy bound to start with?

The CXP needs to be legacy bound or Alts are useless. They have essentially taken people's money under false pretences if you purchased extra character slots, which many people did for DvL. The DvL event now stinks even worse than it did before. Not only did they make us roll new Alts for it, they encouraged it and took people's money.

You can't tell me that they didn't already have the CXP RNG system planned for this expansion. They would have known that Alt gearing will be near impossible, but they designed an event prior to the expansion to take people's money anyway.

That whole DvL event was just another money grab, I think we all knew that anyway. But we accepted it because we like Alts (or most do). Now they have basically given us the "big finger" and said "F U", we scammed you again and there is nothing you can do. Well we can leave the game, but most don't want to, they just want a system that is fair and works.

I honestly can't understand why more people haven't clued onto this, Bioware basically rorted us and we've been so focused on the new gearing system, that it's slipped by unnoticed. You can't tell me that they didn't know what they were doing. It had to be strategically planned or people at Bioware are just so fundamentally stupid that they should be fired for incompetence.

Why isn't there more outrage at was a clearly crooked behaviour by Bioware or at least extremely unscrupulous.

I hate this new system as much as everyone, but the Alt situation for me really brings to light just how crooked and money grabbing Bioware are. They are willing to basically do anything to milk people in the most underhanded way and hoped we wouldn't see it because of how they obviously expected us to react to the CXP, RNG gearing system.

Why aren't we seeing "Crooked Bioware" threads and posts?

I think it has been pointed out somewhat, but it reaches a point where people get exhausted repeatedly saying it and finding that EA/BW change nothing.

Sometimes I'm torn because I really love aspects of this game, but when they go shady, they go full shady. No half measures.

I think it has been pointed out somewhat, but it reaches a point where people get exhausted repeatedly saying it and finding that EA/BW change nothing.

Sometimes I'm torn because I really love aspects of this game, but when they go shady, they go full shady. No half measures.

Yes, it has been said, but usually in amongst often threads and posts. No dedicated threads seem to be going. I'm sure if we had a few dozen of those going and were as vocal as Trumps "crooked Hilary" campaign, Bioware would take notice. Especially if people googled the word crooked and swtor pops up in the search results.

Crooked Bioware and crooked swtor.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Why aren't we seeing "Crooked Bioware" threads and posts?

But how much gear do you need for all 30+ alts? Do they all need to be raid ready? Ranked pvp ready? Are you planning to do hard mode uprisings on every single one of them? Are all 30+ of them currently in 208/224 gear right now with set bonuses?

I think some people are losing a bit of perspective here. And honestly, unless you are planning nim operations right from the start then gearing your toons should be just something that happens as you play. If you are desperate, buy or craft the gear, it will be more than adequate for what you will need I'm sure.

But how much gear do you need for all 30+ alts? Do they all need to be raid ready? Ranked pvp ready? Are you planning to do hard mode uprisings on every single one of them? Are all 30+ of them currently in 208/224 gear right now with set bonuses?

I think some people are losing a bit of perspective here. And honestly, unless you are planning nim operations right from the start then gearing your toons should be just something that happens as you play. If you are desperate, buy or craft the gear, it will be more than adequate for what you will need I'm sure.

Right. I have over 40 toons on harbinger, 30 some are 65. 3 are raid ready, optimized/set bonus. Just 3. I do have pvp sets for some others but yeah. Those three are the only ones that ever see hm+ ops (Their clones and mirrors on off occasions). Why waste time gearing others? Even when gearing was so easy in 4.0, I just didn't see the point.

(Still hate RNG)

Edited by Krazhez