KOTET Livestream - 11/3

EricMusco

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too bad you only added the KotFE and KotET chapters to this feature. Some of us don't want to play those, we want to play class and planetary stories instead. Some of us aren't taking any characters, or any MORE characters, through these last two expansions. So, I guess that's the end of that "feature" for some people, what a let down.

It's too bad you only added the KotFE and KotET chapters to this feature. Some of us don't want to play those, we want to play class and planetary stories instead. Some of us aren't taking any characters, or any MORE characters, through these last two expansions. So, I guess that's the end of that "feature" for some people, what a let down.

Based on the stream, it looks like the main reason they're only doing it for KotFE/KotET is because the Command rewards are based on defeating the bosses (which tend in the newer stuff to have unique mechanics). Since few of the older stories have special boss mechanics, it'd probably be too easy. Plus, since there's much less instanced combat, it's harder to make the difficulty levels work.

I'd definitely enjoy the option, but they'd have to overhaul the old stories to really make it worth with the format they've done, for better or worse.

Based on the stream, it looks like the main reason they're only doing it for KotFE/KotET is because the Command rewards are based on defeating the bosses (which tend in the newer stuff to have unique mechanics). Since few of the older stories have special boss mechanics, it'd probably be too easy. Plus, since there's much less instanced combat, it's harder to make the difficulty levels work.

I'd definitely enjoy the option, but they'd have to overhaul the old stories to really make it worth with the format they've done, for better or worse.

You're probably right, I'm sure it would be quite a job to retool all of the class/planetary content. But, how many people are seriously looking forward to slogging through KotFE and KotET over and over again? I'm sure there are some, but I can't even fathom doing it more than once. It's quite disappointing that the story portion of the GC is off the table now for people who just couldn't stomach those chapters again. Oh well, let's hope the uprisings are good, I guess. Or the dailies and heroics for those of us who just will not do the "knights" content again.

You're probably right, I'm sure it would be quite a job to retool all of the class/planetary content. But, how many people are seriously looking forward to slogging through KotFE and KotET over and over again? I'm sure there are some, but I can't even fathom doing it more than once. It's quite disappointing that the story portion of the GC is off the table now for people who just couldn't stomach those chapters again. Oh well, let's hope the uprisings are good, I guess. Or the dailies and heroics for those of us who just will not do the "knights" content again.

Well, I mean, Command's gonna be a slog no matter what. Grinding KotFE chapters, or grinding Heroics, or grinding Ops, or whatever, either way, you're grinding. That, at least, isn't too different from now, and I think the added challenge level(s) look fun, from the short demo we saw, at least.

Well, I mean, Command's gonna be a slog no matter what. Grinding KotFE chapters, or grinding Heroics, or grinding Ops, or whatever, either way, you're grinding. That, at least, isn't too different from now, and I think the added challenge level(s) look fun, from the short demo we saw, at least.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I hated the KotFE content so much that I actually rerolled every single character I had on another server to remove to the stain of the "outlander" from them. Lost too much with that content, gained too many things I didn't want in the first place, etc. In order to use those chapters, I would have to actually do the content again.

But, speaking of the grinding, I/m okay with grinding when it's something I want to grind. I'm ok with dailies as long as they're not KotFE dailies. Same for heroics and FPs, if its KotFE, no dice.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I hated the KotFE content so much that I actually rerolled every single character I had on another server to remove to the stain of the "outlander" from them. Lost too much with that content, gained too many things I didn't want in the first place, etc. In order to use those chapters, I would have to actually do the content again.

But, speaking of the grinding, I/m okay with grinding when it's something I want to grind. I'm ok with dailies as long as they're not KotFE dailies. Same for heroics and FPs, if its KotFE, no dice.

Knights of the Falling Skytroopers. The sad thing is, if the story wasn't a generic Outlander fest and was tailored to each class, it'd actually be enjoyable to do- instead you perk up like a naive idiot every time something regarding your class or faction is mentioned, all the while dealing with a constant slog reminding you there will always be more Skytroopers.

I'm desperately trying to finish off my last tier so I can go back to my other characters so I can enjoy a nice and lovely dip back into my new Knight and my quirky headcanon. Harbinger froze, denying me getting to the end of the chapters and a respite... I think I'm going to cry.

There's no form of grinding that is worse than KOTFE- I'm not the biggest Operations fan but I'd rather do them- so I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Knights of the Falling Skytroopers. The sad thing is, if the story wasn't a generic Outlander fest and was tailored to each class, it'd actually be enjoyable to do- instead you perk up like a naive idiot every time something regarding your class or faction is mentioned, all the while dealing with a constant slog reminding you there will always be more Skytroopers.

I'm desperately trying to finish off my last tier so I can go back to my other characters so I can enjoy a nice and lovely dip back into my new Knight and my quirky headcanon. Harbinger froze, denying me getting to the end of the chapters and a respite... I think I'm going to cry.

There's no form of grinding that is worse than KOTFE- I'm not the biggest Operations fan but I'd rather do them- so I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Yep, this. I'd rather grind the same FP every single day for the next year than slog through one more chapter of Knights of the Skytrooper Plague. If they hadn't made sure we lost every single ounce of individuality or personal story line by stripping us of even our companions, I wouldn't hate it as much as I do. They couldn't even pay me to go through KotET, just more head on desk levels of irritation and lack of my companions, no thank you.

So veteran level will require level 20 companion but companions are hard locked via the story which means every one will have to be level 20 influence. The kicker is they are making it harder to get gifts to increase influence. Therefore there is more grind.

This is not making me regret my decision to unsub, just the opposite.

Edited by Morrolan

Also, Charles will be answering story questions about KOTFE and how they tie into KOTET!

-eric

I haven't seen any mention of how Kotfe will tie into Kotet, did it not make the highlight reel?

I'll admit I stopped watching when they started talking about the Influencer Program, as I don't really care about watching some stream of other people playing the game or some fan site doing something cosmetic.

So veteran level will require level 20 companion but companions are hard locked via the story which means every one will have to be level 20 influence. The kicker is they are making it harder to get gifts to increase influence. Therefore there is more grind.

I'd assume it's related to the "money sink" levelling all Companions to 20 would take you to spend credits as commendations are being removed.

it's pretty cheap and reasonably fast to get to level 20 with rank 1 and rank 2 gifts only. I suggest to load up on those now (if you plan on playing KotET obvs) in case they jack up their prices in 5.0. They are sold from the comp gift vendor on the fleet, GTN section.

it's pretty cheap and reasonably fast to get to level 20 with rank 1 and rank 2 gifts only. I suggest to load up on those now (if you plan on playing KotET obvs) in case they jack up their prices in 5.0. They are sold from the comp gift vendor on the fleet, GTN section.

Oh right, forgot about that. I think the total price was a couple 100k or something? If not less.

Edited by Eshvara

Alright. Heres a serious question, Eric.

Since there will be new achievements for playing chapters on a higher difficulty, will we get the achievements for the lower difficulty as well when we complete a chapter on a higher one?

So for example, I play through KotFE chapter 8 on Master and haven't done veteran beforehand, will I get the veteran avhievement as well? It would make sense, because when I can beat it on higher difficulty, I can do it on a lower one as well.

Crap !@#=$/ I'll have to level Koth! :mad:

replayable chapters count as new content these days

Ya know I've thought about this. I think thry are making kotet like this and figured people would whinge/want kotfe to do the same. So they've done it for kotfe too. I've even seen people begging for it to be done for SOR. So I suspect they thought people would want this

Alright. Heres a serious question, Eric.

Since there will be new achievements for playing chapters on a higher difficulty, will we get the achievements for the lower difficulty as well when we complete a chapter on a higher one?

So for example, I play through KotFE chapter 8 on Master and haven't done veteran beforehand, will I get the veteran avhievement as well? It would make sense, because when I can beat it on higher difficulty, I can do it on a lower one as well.

The same happens with NIM achievements if you haven't done HM, I presume the same will happen with the chapters.

replayable chapters count as new content these days

You know you don't have to do them, but for a lot of us it's a great thing to be able to replay chapters on our main so we don't have to create new characters and do all stuff pre kotfe just to be able to replay kotfe..

+ difficulty settings is a great plus, at least for me.

It doesn't count new content, it's refining old content.

Was there any answer about how the replay of a chapter affects romances?

Yes, they don't. All of your choices register at your first playthrough, you cannot change them including romances.

Only thing conversations affect, that you still earn dark-light side points during cutscenes + companion affection, but Charles wasn't sure on the second, he said he needs to double check that.

Was there any answer about how the replay of a chapter affects romances?

Yes. It won't change your first choices. So if you didn't romance someone then you can't romance them I think. If you did then you can select different romantic options with them for fun. You'll get affection though.