Gearing Changes in Eternal Throne

EricMusco

Ahahahahaha. There may be some in it for the challenge, but they tend to be highly motivated to capture server firsts and flit from game to game. The majority are just out for the best reward/time ratio even if it means brain numbing content. Just look how popular 4-man Heroic runs are for the x4 bonus credits... this is content that is trivial solo!

I raid for the challenge nightmare operations in this game provide. I have never set a server first, world first, or played another MMO.

your second sentence is probably correct regarding heroic farming.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take a crack at these!

• Yup. Having an item rating advantage would mean that you have higher stats. In Warzones especially there would be other factors at play such as any stat optimization and of course individual player skill.
  • There will certainly be some gear that has Accuracy, but the current intention is that the armor sets will be moddable so you could always change the mods to add or remove a stat, such as Accuracy.
  • We are still working out exactly how this will effect relics.
  • It is based on Advanced Class, not Discipline.
  • The gear will be bind on pickup, currently the other items in the crates (such as cosmetic items, etc) are bind on equip.
  • Currently, the end-game gear that comes from crates is moddable so you can add/remove the mods.
  • We are now best friends SnEaKy

Hi Eric,

The ignored Discipline is a mistake and it will make it very unrewarding, I would kindly ask to reconsider ... Tanks and healers and dps juggs etc. will have very frustrating time gearing up.

How about instead of completely random gear reward a random token ? I.e. crate would drop Unassambled Bracer - and I could exchange it at vendor as now and put in on alt or whatever. That would be good compromise and everyone would benefit. RNG level similar to 4.0 state. Or at least drop random tokens when on MAX Command rank ...

If done this way everyone will be happy, feel rewarded and the Command sytsem will be great feature!

My concern is that SO MANY created alts during events now will be wasted because it is not in human power to gear them one by one ...

Why? Classes with more than just dps get screwed and could take twice as long to gear if they get worthless stats. This is obviously such a no brainer dumb thing to do why would I play tank if I have a 50% chance of getting dps gear on every thing. Basically marauders will gear twice as fast as every other AC if you don't change this.

Finally something gives incentive to play a pure DPS class!!

Marauders [and snipers] won't gear twice as fast, non-pure DPS classes will gear half as slow as a pure dps class.

The whole new gearing thing is stupid as hell anyways. That's just some added stupidity for flavor.

Hi

Just a couple of questions, can you call one of the new planets "Button Moon" and can you call the world boss "Mr Spoon" please.

Also wondering what games your programmers, developers will be working on next, just to make sure I don't go near them.

Many Thanks

I raid for the challenge nightmare operations in this game provide. I have never set a server first, world first, or played another MMO.

your second sentence is probably correct regarding heroic farming.

You're the reason I put 'tend' in the first sentence ;)

Finally something gives incentive to play a pure DPS class!!

Marauders [and snipers] won't gear twice as fast, non-pure DPS classes will gear half as slow as a pure dps class.

The whole new gearing thing is stupid as hell anyways. That's just some added stupidity for flavor.

5.0 pvp meta... 4 maras and 4 snipers per team :eek:

The grindy character of Eternal Championship aside, I really liked and still like that addition - in fact I think it should be made mandatory for new players to have to complete all 10 rounds of Eternal Championship before they can ever even list themselves for HM/NIM content - that way they'd at least once been forced to think about their class' mechanics/overall mechanics like interrupts, CC, stuns, prioritizing targets, movement, etc pp.

The stuns and interrupts that don't work on the bosses? All I learned from the EC was influence rank really does matter- taking a rank 50 Elara with me made things a lot easier to get my eternal rank for DvL.

BW staff ignoring Disciplines of a player characters instead your focusing on their advanced class when opening RNG loot crates is a big mistake in my opinion , under your current method its going to likely take tank and healer inclined players with multiple (heal/dps & tank/dps combos respectfully) Disciplines in their advanced classes double the time pure dps players like marauders etc will take to gear up. It needs to be based on Discipline choice not advanced class one for this very reason.

As a solo player.... what do I even need the best gear for?

Yes, I know there's going to be some different difficulty levels (as in, I can replay KotFE and KotET chapters on a harder difficulty, ....yaaay...) but seriously.

The raiders and hardcore PvPers are the ones who need the best gear. Not us more casual players. Why should I be given BiS gear for doing casual stuff? To do the casual stuff slightly faster?

What do they need it for-to farm those raid bosses slightly faster? To kill the newbies in 'their' warzones slightly faster?

I'll take a crack at these!

• It is based on Advanced Class, not Discipline.

Good grief :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .... make it so one should choose like it happens on some rewards from KotFE "healing gear/dps gear", "tank gear/dps gear". Otherwise you'll make it extremely unfair between different ACs.

Mara/Sent and Sniper/Slinger will have the easiest. ACs with a tanking discipline will be the most screwed over, really badly since you can't share anything between tanking and dps gear. ACs with a healing discpline will be less bad since at least you can share relics and maybe earpiece/implant

What a load of b*****

I have one of those crafted PVP sets with no stats or bonuses on them and the valor rank requirement is 60. My question is since you are removing PVP sets will these sets be removed as well, and if they won't will the valor requirement be removed/lowered? The reason I'm asking is because I want to know if I should continue to grind valor points or just give up.

[*]It is based on Advanced Class, not Discipline.

This is a farcical decision.

DPS have a 100% chance to get DPS gear

Tanks/Heals have a 50% chance to get Tank/Heal gear

You are disadvantaging a good chunk of your player base.

I've been playing since beta, but if my tank I've had since day one can can only progress at 50% of the speed of some insta 65 new player Mara them I'm being f*cked over and will chuck the game.

Why not put in a mechanic like you get for loot boxes when doing heroics sub 60 or chapter rewards where you can chose DPS or tank/heal where appropriate

Wow. I read the gearing changes and was like "***?!"

I love the TOR Universe and it is my last refuge for real Star Wars. I do cherish it.

But I have experienced the content, by and large. After a year of prog work, I now have full 224 gear.

I will continue to help gear other members of my guild, but I mostly log in anymore to check the GTN/Cartel Market and to work on the weekly priority op with my prog team. I do that for the gear, plain and simple. I like to know what I am getting. It is like old school Final Fantasy. I will grind to create the most powerful characters in the game possible, defeat the hidden ultimate bosses and call it a day. You work towards a specific goal to feel a sense of achievement. RNG boxes? Seriously?!? I assume literally nobody on the development staff took basic undergrad psych courses. This won't work. By doing this they corrupt the predictable reward system. Think about it, would you work if you have a % of a chance to get a pay-out? Yah, it may be much better than usual pay, but more often than not, it will be junk you have no use for.

Not seeing the value of operations, especially the constant raid wipes, the HOURS playing them to progress, with no reward. Sounds like a total waste of time. That is why I did not even TOUCH the Light vs. Dark event. It is not an event. It is a giant time-wasting grindfest. No thanks.

The story that has been revealed sounds amazing, but I think this will be like 2.0. I play the new content, do a few other things, but take a break from TOR. I will grind for solid rewards, like the best gear in the game. Beyond that I am not wasting my time on content I have played many times over.

This is a farcical decision.

DPS have a 100% chance to get DPS gear

Tanks/Heals have a 50% chance to get Tank/Heal gear

You are disadvantaging a good chunk of your player base.

I've been playing since beta, but if my tank I've had since day one can can only progress at 50% of the speed of some insta 65 new player Mara them I'm being f*cked over and will chuck the game.

Why not put in a mechanic like you get for loot boxes when doing heroics sub 60 or chapter rewards where you can chose DPS or tank/heal where appropriate

Yeah, and naturally less tanks will be available given the really s***** deal they're getting, thus longer queues, etc,etc.

I main a healer but I also have a decent tank. Screw that in 5.0. If I even bother with my healer after I play the chapters, that will be it. Not worth the aggravation of gearing a tank.

This is a really peculiar choice.. and honestly it looks like Bioware is trying to get rid of his op raiders.

Because here is what’s gonna happen.

End of November, we all start ‘new’. Let’s say naked. With your old team, you go try a little SM, see how it goes. Everyone leaves with the same amount of CXP. So far so good.

Half of the team leaves to go to bed (early job, exams, kids..), half of the team go for another run with pugs.

Keep going with heroics, fps, pug runs... the more time you spend on the game, the better…

Later on, team wants to go HM. Too bad. Only half the team is geared. All are subs, good players, op aware, long time runners, well versed in tactics… it’s just we can’t all spend the same amount of time playing.

No more ‘friendly’ runs to gear team’s members and keep the group balanced. The more you run with them to help them, the higher your own gear goes. Even worse if one of them gets plenty of lousy crates (and it does happen, I’m well known for rolling 1)… it will take months before the team has a semblance of balance.

No one will put up with it.

Foreseen conclusion: In no time, your old team is dead.

You run in different teams? Rep side, Imp side? Same sentence everywhere. No way out.

Because as it is now, it’s already hard to find replacement for a HM player who is leaving but with this new CXP gearing model, it’s gonna be near impossible.

And meantime, a solo player with plenty of time, gets bonus gear which he doesn’t need to play solo content...

I believe we’re just not wanted anymore. :(

Are the OPS being level scaled?

If not, then top tier endgame gear means almost nothing everywhere but PvP. Uprisings will be the most challenging PvE game mode and I doubt even at the most difficult setting will require a full set of top tier gear.

PvP is where the new system will bring the most problems. Right now they have the best gearing system for PvP in place since launch. There is little barrier of entry for new players as they can gear quickly, and more advanced players can gear alts quickly.

PvP is a competitive game mode, and I am now at a disadvantage because someone is luckier with drops? Ranked is the best way to gain levels, but I won't be ready for ranked until I grind out enough lvls plus get lucky with drops?

5.0 is going to be hard out here for a PvP Imp.

I believe we’re just not wanted anymore. :(

It's not JUST serious raiders who aren't wanted anymore. This change says that people dedicated to a single playstyle (ops, ranked warzones, etc) aren't wanted anymore. And it also says that F2P/Prefered players aren't wanted anymore.

That's like, what, 85% of the community?

It's not JUST serious raiders who aren't wanted anymore. This change says that people dedicated to a single playstyle (ops, ranked warzones, etc) aren't wanted anymore. And it also says that F2P/Prefered players aren't wanted anymore.

That's like, what, 85% of the community?

Eh, they could also be trying to get folks like me to mix into the other communities more. A little carrot to hope that folks do not just stick to one play-mode, and mix with the rest of ye in your playmodes.

Kinda like some of the legendary DvL stuff was an attempt at breaking isolation amongst the populations.