Bad Customer Service

BadHoneyBadger

So the short version: I bought Satele Shan's boots and already had 4/5 pieces unlocked. I was under the assumption that it did not matter which toon I bought the last piece on I just had to have 5/5 total then pay cartel coins to unlock it. Nowhere on the item or in the cartel market did it say all pieces had to be equiped on one toon. The boots cost me 25MIL on one toon for the boots with a total of around 75MIl all together. Contacted CS and the response I got from chat was basically "that sucks" followed by an email:

This email is a follow-up to our in-game conversation,

Regarding your request, unfortunately, we can't swap an item purchase on a character to another one in order to unlock the Set in collection.

While we understand the frustration this may cause, we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience

Thank you for your time, should you require any further assistance with this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

So what they are telling me is that they can not give me a locked version of an item on another toon that I paid credits for but can give people operations gear if they put in a ticket? Ive played this game since launch as a sub as well as FFXI, FFXIV, and WoW since launch and each of these can recover items and merge accounts (including moving items). Does this game just lack the ability to do so compared to games that are 10-15 years old or are they just that terrible. I feel that this will be my last month subbing because I have been on the fence for a while but this was the last straw.

Ouch...CS has always been VERY fair to me. I suggest you re-submit the ticket and phrase it better...you made a mistake, something I've done at least...uh....well...too many times to count, but they have ALWAYS been fair and prompt with me. Be polite. It's not their fault, it's not necessarily yours either...it's just a mistake.

If customer service could do what you asked, they would receive thousands of tickets regarding this issue. We all have pieces of armor equipped in some toons, maybe some other piece on other, but what you ask is not possible. I agree probably it should be clarified further that all items should be on the same toon, but part of the problem is on you, as a quick google search would have provided the answer.

and each of these can recover items and merge accounts (including moving items)

I have to ask because that line made me a bit suspicious and CS usualy is very helpful they even fixed some of MY mistakes (:D').

These characters that have parts of the set....are they on the SAME account?

Edited by UmbralSpirit

Maybe you should have left out the whole collection thing and just asked them to fix your accidental/unintentional binding the item on the wrong character.

You could try again, and I'd suggest sending an email to support@swtor.com, so far that has yielded me far better service than any in-game contact attempts. Emphasize that it was accidental and unintentional and whatnot (but avoid demands and threats of any kind). You could also try requesting an item recovery. (With an item restore request they have "unbound" two items for me so far, one cartel market and one not, one I accidentally bound by using bound mods in it, and one I accidentally equipped on my companion.)

ETA: An old, but maybe still helpful reference.

Edited by KyaniteD

Honestly I think it's just the draw of the hat at this point. Sometimes you get a good CSR who helps you, and other times unfortunately you get the dim wits who have no reading comprehension skills what so ever, or maybe can't even read. All their good for is an "I"m sorry", and attach a generic copy and paste response.

I would think they would want to help you, since that means you'll be spending around 400CC or what not to unlock a set, thus more money for them, but what the hell do I know? Try again would be my recommendation.

Yea definitely try again. I once bought a bunch of an item to save and sell at a later date. Well I put one of those items on my ability bar to use for myself. It bound the item to me when I used it. I went to use the already bound item again and strangely enough the ability decided to instead use one of the unbound items instead and bound a second one to my character. Well I sent a ticket in and the helpful person fixed it and unbound the item. I quickly put all extra copies in my vault to prevent it from happening again heh.

How you word a ticket matters IMMENSELY. If you are rude, crude, upset, ranting, blaming people...you will get a no pretty much every time. If you are calm, clear, respectful, you are far more likely to get what you want.

Also, never whine. You will only make them label you as a 'problem customer' and make it even harder on yourself.

How you word a ticket matters IMMENSELY. If you are rude, crude, upset, ranting, blaming people...you will get a no pretty much every time. If you are calm, clear, respectful, you are far more likely to get what you want.

Also, never whine. You will only make them label you as a 'problem customer' and make it even harder on yourself.

But how does that help with the response time of one :D? I been waiting 21 days for mine.

But how does that help with the response time of one :D? I been waiting 21 days for mine.

Sadly response times seem to be more a matter of what category you choose. Some categories just aren't considered as immediate of a problem I can easily imagine.

Sadly response times seem to be more a matter of what category you choose. Some categories just aren't considered as immediate of a problem I can easily imagine.

I imagine mine is pretty low on the list, but a few days ago Kyanite got a response from a question within a matter of a few days. I mean the only thing they have to do for me is probably flip a switch.

Great Customer Service

1) Activated "Torian Cadera 9" Customization on October 3

2) Noticed it didn't get added to Collections

3) Wrote a ticket for "Item/Loot"

4) Received a reply today (October 5):

I'm sorry about what happened, we are aware that some of the items are not unlocking the Collections as they should.

This has been reported to the Studio and it's currently under investigation, but fortunately in the meantime I've been able to manually unlock it for you :)

I haven't had any issues with customer service. Sure, I'm not always happy with the end result, but the point is that they helped. People just need to learn to relax and not expect an immediate answer cuz things can take time.

Edited by PetFish

Great Customer Service

1) Activated "Torian Cadera 9" Customization on October 3

2) Noticed it didn't get added to Collections

3) Wrote a ticket for "Item/Loot"

4) Received a reply today (October 5):

I'm sorry about what happened, we are aware that some of the items are not unlocking the Collections as they should.

This has been reported to the Studio and it's currently under investigation, but fortunately in the meantime I've been able to manually unlock it for you :)

I haven't had any issues with customer service. Sure, I'm not always happy with the end result, but the point is that they helped. People just need to learn to relax and not expect an immediate answer cuz things can take time.

Well that's easy to say for you when you get a response within in 48 hours...

Well that's easy to say for you when you get a response within in 48 hours...

People just need to learn to relax and not expect an immediate answer cuz things can take time.

There have been times that I've waited two weeks to hear back but, again, the point is not to expect an immediate answer cuz you'll just end up disappointed.

There have been times that I've waited two weeks to hear back but, again, the point is not to expect an immediate answer cuz you'll just end up disappointed.

I'm not expecting a immediate answer or anything, and I heard rumors for it taking a month, but by then I hear it almost always never resolves their problem, as if they just don't want the ticket going past a month. They just simply reset the clock, regardless if it solved their problem or not. Getting worried here you know...

Besides... although this isn't what I sent the ticket in for I been waiting for years now for them to fix my colicoid medic chest plate... as the literal entire back right side is pink... Sometimes just being patient doesn't always help it seems.

Edited by peter_plankskull

Isn't this the first rule of how to get a problem fixed fast when having to go through Customer Service? I know from my days of working retail and in call centers, I was happy to go above and beyond for people who weren't from the start raging and insulting me like I'm somehow responsible for every personal problem the person had in their life along with being responsible for every global crisis dating back to the introduction of the Black Plague to Europe.

Anytime I've dealt with the Customer Service for SWTOR I've always made sure to be detailed in the issue and polite and courteous with explaining the situation and it's never failed to get whatever I'm contacting them about taken care of in one go.

• 1 month later...
I have played three MMO games and my two experiences with SWTOR were not very good and in comparison to World of Warcraft for example, the quality of service was so far below it shocked me. Someone contacted me in game about a few items that I was missing. They asked me a few questions and I gave a response. Then suddenly they ended the chat with no notice. I mean, who do they have working these positions? I am used to being treated like I am appreciated when contacting a business...there was no, "how are you today," "sorry this problem happened," "thanks for playing the game," ect. Just some random person typing a few sentences, hardly acknowledging me as a concerned customer and just basically hanging up on me via chat. My ticket says "locked" now, I have no idea what that means, so I'll just wait and see I guess. I just couldn't believe the stark difference in quality, so I felt compelled to post this.:confused: