female body type differences?

ARavingLooony

1 = petite

2 = athletic

3 = amazon

4 = curvacious

I am with SteveTheCynic, If you had ever seen a girl with an eating disorder you would know that BT1 is not that (I worked in a psychiatrist's office who specialized in women and girls with eating disorders /shudder). Women can be thin without being anorexic, especially when they are physically fit (like our characters are supposed to be). Which leads into that I also agree with Wintermutes, that the collective definition of "normal" has been radically skewed by our overweight society.

^^ very much agree... particularly your last statement. :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But type 3 females do have a more Snu-Snu Amazon look than the linked picture of a human tank, can't capture that same force of nature look that m3 can often pull off.

For a melee class, I love the type 3 female.

Type 3, Zabrak, with hair braids, Marauder, wielding dual Cathar Swords, and wearing Revealing Chest Piece+Ventilated Triumvirate legs+the rest = covert armor, dyed in Black/Gold dye = the perfect Amazon in SWTOR in my view. :D Sometimes I equip/show her with a eye patch as well. First time I ran her through the starter planet, she was getting all sorts of attention and comments.

Edited by Andryah

The problem is that the male bodies, at least type 3 and 4, are clearly meant to evoke a feeling of power. Female type 3 and 4 bodies are designed for guys to find attractive. Guys get to feel mighty, women get to feel attractive to guys. The female type 3 body should look like Zarya from Overwatch to have any parity with the type 3 male.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/E2Jzt0HGixY/maxresdefault.jpg

I don't find either of them particularly attractive, tbh. Tried to make a type 3 that appealed to me, but it was kind of hit or miss. I don't know if that carries over to RL for me, or if it's just avatars in a game. But that's how it is for me.

To your general point, I agree with you in the sense that the shapes are not even remotely equal across gender and that's not really being realistic. But as for what their purpose is, or what they evoke, I think that's highly debatable. Male models in MMOs have, in my experience, been silly in terms of how they fulfill the broad-shouldered, muscular man stereotype. Just as female models are silly in terms of how they fit the curvy and/or shapely and/or skinny types of attractiveness.

Of the MMOs I've played, I've never been able to say, "It's really one-sided." The bodily exaggeration is on both sides of the table... it's just the things that are usually thought of as attractive differ for male and female, so the types tend to end up different.

I can't say I'm happy with it, but it could be one-sided and it isn't, so that's something at least.

To be honest, it does look like some NPC do have female Body type 2,5 - something in between 2 and 4 (3 is a strange abomination, never used by anyone). It's not as ... ok, let's say "curved" as 4, yet, obviously "thicker" than 2.

But even as it is now, do not see any problem here - 1,2 and 4 are all reasonable, and as of 3 - it's an RPG after all, who knows how exactly some people see their characters. Actually, during our story it makes sense even to change body type according the events :)

I can't say I'm happy with it, but it could be one-sided and it isn't, so that's something at least.

Don't try arguing subjects like this with her, she wants supremacy, not equality here. She constantly misinterprets things, as somehow above body type male 4 is about power, and looks for even the smallest nit pick to move her point forward, sometimes even making up parts of a story to further it.

To a point, yes, I agree, the disparity in ALL body types, male, and female, are exaggerated quite a bit, and aren't the normal in society, possible, yes, but not the normal.

Ever since I joined this game, I have longed for a body type for the female that is comparable to the body type 4 male. Because my range of characters I play don't all have to be sex symbols. Certainly the body type 4 male isn't. I want a female type that isn't all T & A. I would love to have a Mamma Cass sized character. Female are not all about, nor should they be, about being eye candy for males.

Ever since I joined this game, I have longed for a body type for the female that is comparable to the body type 4 male. Because my range of characters I play don't all have to be sex symbols. Certainly the body type 4 male isn't. I want a female type that isn't all T & A. I would love to have a Mamma Cass sized character. Female are not all about, nor should they be, about being eye candy for males.

Perception is all in the eye of the beholder.

Just because you see these body types, and automatically make the assumption that they are nothing more than sex symbols and male eye candy, doesn't mean other people do.

Basically, you're arguing against your own forced perceptions.

Edited by VitalityPrime

Don't try arguing subjects like this with her, she wants supremacy, not equality here. She constantly misinterprets things, as somehow above body type male 4 is about power, and looks for even the smallest nit pick to move her point forward, sometimes even making up parts of a story to further it.

To a point, yes, I agree, the disparity in ALL body types, male, and female, are exaggerated quite a bit, and aren't the normal in society, possible, yes, but not the normal.

I'm glad you were here to mansplain that. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you were here to mansplain that. :rolleyes:

What does this have to do with either of the subjects we were on about. Why can't you ever refute a point and not refer to personal insults for once. Reminds me of the time we were talking about Metal Gear Solid, and the treatment of women, where you did nothing but say "if that's the hill you wanna die on, then go ahead."

What does this have to do with either of the subjects we were on about. Why can't you ever refute a point and not refer to personal insults for once. Reminds me of the time we were talking about Metal Gear Solid, and the treatment of women, where you did nothing but say "if that's the hill you wanna die on, then go ahead."

I love how you just deflected by complaining I'm "off topic", and then dredge up something from months ago. Even better that you also accuse me of "personal attacks", right after making a whole post attacking me. :rolleyes:

I love how you just deflected by complaining I'm "off topic", and then dredge up something from months ago. Even better that you also accuse me of "personal attacks", right after making a whole post attacking me. :rolleyes:

No where did I mansplain anything, and if I did, I would like a further explanation of where and why.

If you thought that time frame was bad then look at this....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=844249&highlight=skadge&page=7

There's also the fact he threatened to rape a woman on Belsavis. Yeah, he's going to be fighting an uphill battle to get me not to force-lightning him into a greasy stain on the floor.

Proof here she mistreprets things. Skadge did not threaten to rape her, just beat her if she didn't listen. Skadge is a scumbag, but he isn't THAT bad, and apparently doesn't associate with slavery either, given by a side comment in the latest alert.

It's not the same because men being victims of domestic abuse is extremely rare by comparison. Sorry, but the media you consume doesn't exist in a vacuum.

Proof here she is for supremacy, and not equality.

He beats on a woman and threatens to rape her. Apparently you're the kind of person who's okay with this, or just another wannabe edgelord. :rolleyes:

Like I said (and you ignored), media doesn't exist in a vacuum.

When it happens to one group by a vastly, disproportionately greater number then it's no longer a matter of treating it differently. It's already different.

But don't let that get in the way of your MRA talking point of "What about the menz?!?!". ;)

More proof.

Whether it was a personal attack or not, I still remained on subject and contributed, although lightly, to the point, unlike you which just made a full on personal attack. Mine was more so of a "observation" persay, and dependent on point of view if it was a personal attack or not.

Normally, I wouldn't hold anything against someone, but it seems you still haven't changed your ways and continue using personal attacks instead of contributing to the point.

Yes, but, who plays a fantasy RPG to get real representations of people? (How many Jedi Togruta do you meet in real life, anyway?)

Plus, you seem to be basing your "most women" statement on typical over-weight North Americans., which, on a world-wide scale, is not really representative and for the Star Wars galaxy, makes no sense at all. :D

But imagine a women that has a slightly more curved and busty body than body type 2, but less "rounded" than body type 4. Wouldn't you like to see a taller (than 4), bustier (than 2) curvier woman (in between 2 & 4) than either body type 2 or 4? I know I would. 😉

I'm also not basing it on just American women, just because I said society, does not mean America only. My comment was based on a global perception. Not every country in the world has the same obesity problem as America. Some western countries have a problem, including mine, but non even compare to Americas, those bodies aren't the norm here.

Actually nothing is really the "norm", it's just that a large percentage of the female form has been ignored in favour of female Arnie (body type 3), which would be less than 1% of the global female population. Plus when you actually look around the game, how many people actually use body type 3? Not very many, I would also guess it would be well below 10% of players use it.

I wonder how many people would use a body type that was an inbetween body type 2 and 4 (as I've described) if they were given the chance. My guess would be a lot more than use the current body type 3 and probably on par with those who use body type 2 and 4.

Edited by Icykill_

I stand by every statement I've made.

The only thing you've proven is that you come off like a obsessive cyber-stalker, and why I'll never feel safe enough here to post the names of my in-game characters.

Guys, please stop.

If you don't like what each other have to say or you feel like you are being stalked or trolled, do what I do. Put people on ignore here, just like you can in the game. But also tell them that is exactly what you doing. Then the person can keep ranting and carrying on while everyone knows you have them on ignore. They only make fools of themselves. If they try to stalk you anywhere else, you never see it. People see that you are also not reacting to provocation, so just ignore it too. It completely takes the wind out of any dispute if you use ignore.

Hope that helps

I stand by every statement I've made.

The only thing you've proven is that you come off like a obsessive cyber-stalker, and why I'll never feel safe enough here to post the names of my in-game characters.

Dodged every point I see, and you resort to personal attacks trying to make me look like the bad guy to attempt to hide behind confronting the point.

Why am I a "obsessive cyber-stalker" anyway, I mean... heck... I was in half the conversation with you, and should I not research and back up my points next time? Perhaps I should instead make false claims and not back up any of them next time, or I will back them up with some lame excuse instead of evidence.

I can understand the need to feel precautious about privacy, but don't use that as a excuse to dodge the topic and make me look like the bad guy for backing up my claims.

You don't like the breakout of :

1) I'd tap that

2) I'd tap that

3) She'd kick my ***

4) I'd tap that

Guys, please stop.

If you don't like what each other have to say or you feel like you are being stalked or trolled, do what I do. Put people on ignore here, just like you can in the game.

The problem with that is that, yeah, it keeps you from seeing their creepy bilge, but it doesn't stop them from posting whatever garbage they want about you without you even being able to flag it. Not that the mods care about the toxicity here, as long as you don't get around their precious little word-filters.

Edited by ZanyaCross

The body types are fine, nobody wants to see fat ugly ogres in their nerdy fantasy.

i beg to differ. since i have seen the design of female protoss in the StarCraft universe i find that creating an unique looking female concept beats copy-pasting human top model looks with the addition of a few minor racial features. it turns out that it is possible to make beautiful looking alien female characters that just aren't sex-objects.

as for human women character models, well even there there are other proportions that many will find good-looking apart from the default model sizes. i mean Serena Williams has a vastly different body then a Gisel Bündchen. thus i find it i a pity that this opportunity was lost.

however in SWTOR all character models - even the male ones looks mostly the same. they only differ in how they are scaled. i mean the fat model doesn't look like a real fat person but instead it's just the muscular type that is made smaller and broader. given that i understand why via only such limited modification methods it wasn't possible to create other women models that look any good.

Edited by TheKilltech

Dodged every point I see, and you resort to personal attacks trying to make me look like the bad guy to attempt to hide behind confronting the point.

Why am I a "obsessive cyber-stalker" anyway, I mean... heck... I was in half the conversation with you, and should I not research and back up my points next time? Perhaps I should instead make false claims and not back up any of them next time, or I will back them up with some lame excuse instead of evidence.

I can understand the need to feel precautious about privacy, but don't use that as a excuse to dodge the topic and make me look like the bad guy for backing up my claims.

I'm not dodging anything. I already told you every statement you quoted I stand by. I don't need to defend them, and I'm done with you.

I'm so sorry my complaining about the unfair treatment of women in video games triggers certain guys so easily, but I'm not going to shut up about it, and I'm not going to get dragged down into an argument about it. Every time I make a point about this I get a half-dozen guys telling me why sexism doesn't exist when the evidence is right there on the character creation screen, and it's freakin' exhausting. I don't owe them a "debate", I don't owe them an explanation, and I'm not going to waste anymore of my time.

And I will never, ever shut up about it.

I'm not dodging anything. I already told you every statement you quoted I stand by. I don't need to defend them, and I'm done with you.

I'm so sorry my complaining about the unfair treatment of women in video games triggers certain guys so easily, but I'm not going to shut up about it, and I'm not going to get dragged down into an argument about it. Every time I make a point about this I get a half-dozen guys telling me why sexism doesn't exist when the evidence is right there on the character creation screen, and it's freakin' exhausting. I don't owe them a "debate", I don't owe them an explanation, and I'm not going to waste anymore of my time.

No where did I state that their isn't sexism to women in video games, the point im trying to come across is that their is plenty of sexism done to men as well. Probably not the disparity or as bad as women, but ill probably be called a MRA again like last time for pointing that out. I have also never said for you to silence your opinion on the matter either.

Yes.... you ARE dodging everything their is and are trying to be in this sort of passive aggressive defense stance here. I asked for clarification and how I was "mansplaining" and you still have yet to answer. You have yet to show proof either on how skadge was threatening to rape that women, he made threats to beat her yes, but you haven't backed up that point at all, yet still stand by it. You more than I, have been the one to cast more personal attacks so far while making incredibly unconstructive arguments.

I don't really have a dog in this fight. I just want to point out that if you post an opinion on an internet forum, it's kind of expected that some people are going to try to engage in debate with you about whatever point you made. You could say you like hot dogs for all the difference it makes. It's just a consequence of the medium.

Generally speaking, if I want to avoid argument, I ask questions (sometimes along with stating impersonal facts), rather than posting an opinion. It doesn't always work, but at that point, I at least can say that my aim was to have a conversation, not an argument.

I don't particularly enjoy arguments I wasn't looking for, but, ya know, flies to honey and all that. If I say something that I know is opinionated, I tend to expect it'll get contested by somebody. It's just how the internet works.

Anyway, I just wanted to be pedantic for a moment and make this general point. I'll probably get dragged into an argument, but I'm kind of expecting it. :p