female body type differences?

ARavingLooony

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://tor-fashion.com/body-types/ shows the 4 body types, but does not distinguish height.

1 is the most petite, and 3 is the most "amazon". 2 is "normal", and 4 is "mid-thirties with love handles".

As I recall, 1, 2, 4 are the same height, but 3 is noticeably taller. If rolling a Zabrak with "amazon physique" I go with 3.

Click to zoom out in character creator and you can see full body and then cycle through the body type choices and you will see the differences easily.

1 kid, 2 barely graduated from highschool, 3 interesting, 4 pure love.

IMHO.

Edit: eh, maybe put the lady body type two at "Fox Newswoman Correspondent" and body type three at "now, she's a date."

Edited by myrdinn

Body type one looks like a small adolescent or anorexic female.

Body type two is more like societies "definition" of a normal woman's body

Body type three is like female body building giant.

Body type four is probably the most realistic representation of what women in society are really like.

What we need is a body type five they by passes body type three all together and is in between two and four. That body type would probably be the closest representation to most women.

On the question of height, BT2 is the shortest, by a small amount, then BT4, then by a slightly larger amount, BT1, and BT3 is the tallest. Female BT3 is close to the same height as male BT2. (See below for more on the comparison between F!BT3 and M!BT2.) For reference, the easiest way to see the differences is in the character creation screen, because you have a fixed and non-plain background that doesn't change visual size as you change the character-to-be's body type.

On the question of proportions: BT1 is skinny for sure, but not anorexic - if you've ever seen a real anorexic, you'll know they are angular with prominent shoulder blades and upper-back vertebrae, pointy elbows and wrists, and visible edges to the upper-outer pelvis. BT1 is not like that.

BT2 is not as skinny, but still significantly wasp-waisted with ... substantial ... chest assets. A good way to show off the *shape* of a BT2 character's body is the RV-03 Speedsuit.

BT4 is probably the most like real 21st century Earth women - noteworthy features compared to BT2 include "broader" breasts, a thicker waist, and more rounded cheeks.

BT3 is an anomaly. It is close in appearance, both in height and proportions, to the male BT2, but with breasts and a "female" face. Men normally have broader shoulders than women of the same height, but BT3 female has, in those respects, male proportions. Wearing bulky armour, especially the types well-suited to troopers and bounty hunters, will make the breadth of such a character's shoulders less apparent by thickening her waist. Tighter-fitting gear, especially if it has trousers, will accentuate it.

It's worth noting that there are NPCs who use apparent body types that are not taken from the 1-4 range, notably:

* Bonecrusher

* Kelsa Garro (Graal's aide on Republic Belsavis)

(Both of these are noticeably shorter than any player body type.)

What we need is a body type five they by passes body type three all together and is in between two and four. That body type would probably be the closest representation to most women.

Look around in the movies and in the game. I think you'll see that body type 2 is closest to the shape of most females in the Star Wars galaxy. :)

(Maybe not in the Milky Way galaxy, but we're not playing in the Milky Way .... I don't think the male body types are representative of the average MW galaxy shape either, btw. ;) )

Edited by JediQuaker

Body type one looks like a small adolescent or anorexic female.

Body type two is more like societies "definition" of a normal woman's body

Body type three is like female body building giant.

Body type four is probably the most realistic representation of what women in society are really like.

To be fair, when it comes to the player character, most of them are going to be fit as heck from all that running around and fighting. So if we're talking realism, most PCs would probably look closer to BT3 in shape, but a lot smaller in scale.

Look around in the movies and in the game. I think you'll see that body type 2 is closest to the shape of most females in the Star Wars galaxy. :)

(Maybe not in the Milky Way galaxy, but we're not playing in the Milky Way .... I don't think the male body types are representative of the average MW galaxy shape either, btw. ;) )

Of course it is. "Sexy" sells. It's the same in the modelling industry. All I was trying to point out is that body type 2 isn't the norm for a female body. Having one that is inbetween body type 2 and 4 would be more realistic.

Plus the current Body type 3 is really a bit of a joke. I've probably met 2 women in my entire life that would come close, but even they weren't as extreme as that. It's like they modelled that body on Arnie and not a woman at all. It's all make believe and fantasy, so I'm not suggesting getting rid of body type 3.

I also don't think they actually need to add a fifth body type. Just pointing out that the current ones aren't a real representation of most women.

To be fair, when it comes to the player character, most of them are going to be fit as heck from all that running around and fighting. So if we're talking realism, most PCs would probably look closer to BT3 in shape, but a lot smaller in scale.

LoL, if that's the case, what's with the male body type 4

Of course it is. "Sexy" sells. It's the same in the modelling industry. All I was trying to point out is that body type 2 isn't the norm for a female body. Having one that is inbetween body type 2 and 4 would be more realistic.

Plus the current Body type 3 is really a bit of a joke. I've probably met 2 women in my entire life that would come close, but even they weren't as extreme as that. It's like they modelled that body on Arnie and not a woman at all. It's all make believe and fantasy, so I'm not suggesting getting rid of body type 3.

I also don't think they actually need to add a fifth body type. Just pointing out that the current ones aren't a real representation of most women.

Fact is, there are people with every body type. Though I will admit type 3 is probably the most rare.

If there are just a few women around with a certain body type, then the body type is a real representation of some women...even if most all do not have.

Sure, a woman with a different body type can play the game and wonder where their body type is...but if you took away the current body types, the women that are representative of those types could say the same.

Realistic is all a personal perception...to say one isn't realistic just because it's not your body type, is, for all intents and purposes, ignorant.

That all being said...it would be great for this game to have better character customization features, to allow people to create the body type they want.

Edited by VitalityPrime

ITT: Many, many people who confuse a modern, American society in which most people are over weight or obese as the "normal" look of human beings.

Each of the body types is perfectly "normal," assuming a high level of physical fitness, though type 3 would be rarest of all for a woman, at least without the use of drugs.

Edited by Wintermutes

ITT: Many, many people who confuse a modern, American society in which most people are over weight or obese as the "normal" look of human beings.

Each of the body types is perfectly "normal," assuming a high level of physical fitness, though type 3 would be rarest of all for a woman, at least without the use of drugs.

I guarantee you that you'll see more type 3 women than type 3 men. :rolleyes:

1 = petite

2 = athletic

3 = amazon

4 = curvacious

I am with SteveTheCynic, If you had ever seen a girl with an eating disorder you would know that BT1 is not that (I worked in a psychiatrist's office who specialized in women and girls with eating disorders /shudder). Women can be thin without being anorexic, especially when they are physically fit (like our characters are supposed to be). Which leads into that I also agree with Wintermutes, that the collective definition of "normal" has been radically skewed by our overweight society.

Go with whatever fits your character. If you imagine them being slim, "average", amazonian or "curvaceous", and then go for it!

EDIT: It would be cool if they added a muscle tone slider to the CC. Because none of them comes off as being "athletic", IMO.

Edited by Riftgrinder

Just pointing out that the current ones aren't a real representation of most women.

Yes, but, who plays a fantasy RPG to get real representations of people? (How many Jedi Togruta do you meet in real life, anyway?)

Plus, you seem to be basing your "most women" statement on typical over-weight North Americans., which, on a world-wide scale, is not really representative and for the Star Wars galaxy, makes no sense at all. :D

Edited by JediQuaker

Yes, but, who plays a fantasy RPG to get real representations of people? (How many Jedi Togruta do you meet in real life, anyway?)

The problem is that the male bodies, at least type 3 and 4, are clearly meant to evoke a feeling of power. Female type 3 and 4 bodies are designed for guys to find attractive. Guys get to feel mighty, women get to feel attractive to guys. The female type 3 body should look like Zarya from Overwatch to have any parity with the type 3 male.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/E2Jzt0HGixY/maxresdefault.jpg

The problem is that the male bodies, at least type 3 and 4, are clearly meant to evoke a feeling of power. Female type 3 and 4 bodies are designed for guys to find attractive. Guys get to feel mighty, women get to feel attractive to guys. The female type 3 body should look like Zarya from Overwatch to have any parity with the type 3 male.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/E2Jzt0HGixY/maxresdefault.jpg

I don't know, type 4 males look less like "I exude power" and more like "I'm going back to the ship for a couple bags of Oreos."

But type 3 females do have a more Snu-Snu Amazon look than the linked picture of a human tank, can't capture that same force of nature look that m3 can often pull off.