General Chat at ALL Fleets on ALL Servers getting out of hand.

-Slaughterhouse-

On what do you base that assumption?

Common sense. It's way too easy for little Timmy to create a F2P account and spam up chat with vile trash because his deadbeat parents aren't paying any attention to him or monitoring his activities. Why would they though, that's Biowares job, right? :rolleyes:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Common sense. It's way too easy for little Timmy to create a F2P account and spam up chat with vile trash because his deadbeat parents aren't paying any attention to him or monitoring his activities. Why would they though, that's Biowares job, right? :rolleyes:

$15 isn't exactly bank-breaking. Even trollish children could buy a month and troll Fleet to get their kicks.

$15 isn't exactly bank-breaking. Even trollish children could buy a month and troll Fleet to get their kicks.

While I'd be willing to admit some would slip by since you can buy game time cards, you'd still end up with large portion of the undesirables cleaned up. From my understanding the game time cards are vanishing from retail mostly which means little Timmy needs a credit card.

I have my main Guild and Toons on the Harbinger, and i have

lowbies on just about every server.

In general, the General Chat on the Fleet (Republic and Sith sides), have

become not just profane, but sick to the point, that I have reset all my tabs

to not show General/Crafting/PVP chat channels including Emotes, and Yell.

I am not a prude and can curse in ways that would anger the most profane of

any member of society, but man....it is just beyond terrible as of late.

Between the spammers, Haters, and sick stuff being said, you need to have

ratings for this game past a Mature Rating. I would never let any child under

16, play this game, thanks to the lack or any control of this by this game.

Profanity Filters do not block the content i see.

I report people for their hateful, depraved, or just plain offensive names, names

of guilds, but there is no recourse for what a person says in Gen Chat.

I won't mention the names or guild names i see, but, i still can't believe that

TOR doesn't have a way to block certain combinations or clearly hateful sick stuff.

People think they can just get on Fleet and let loose with anything.

Your losing people to this effect, i can promise you that.

Look at it from a Cash Perspective, if you guys need something to

make you see my point of view.

New player A gets on, has a good time on starter planet, then goes to fleet, and feels

like he has been verbally assaulted, then he may quit playing after that.

How much Subscription money do you get from that guy, if he quits, and cancels account.

End of Rant

Wholeheartedly agree.

Actually this is a measuring rod for me of the current state of **** sapiens. Scared. We can't expect world peace to last with such building blocks...

While I'd be willing to admit some would slip by since you can buy game time cards, you'd still end up with large portion of the undesirables cleaned up. From my understanding the game time cards are vanishing from retail mostly which means little Timmy needs a credit card.

This is 2016, mate. Toddlers are getting iPads these days, you don't think anyone old enough to troll here doesn't have a PayPal account, or at least a prepaid credit card?

I'm sure F2P is a contributor, but I doubt taking them out of the equation negates the problem described by the OP.

This is 2016, mate. Toddlers are getting iPads these days, you don't think anyone old enough to troll here doesn't have a PayPal account, or at least a prepaid credit card?

I'm sure F2P is a contributor, but I doubt taking them out of the equation negates the problem described by the OP.

Nothing's going to negate the problem but it would certainly minimize it greatly.

I'm going to play Devils advocate here and say that fleet chat shouldn't make anyone mad. It's one giant troll, and you are either playing, or you are bitter on the sidelines.

Also, I would almost argue that fleet chat and even the Internet as a whole, are a truer representation of how people really feel, and today's sjw politicaly correct culture is stifling people's ability to show their true feelings, and thus leading to more built up rage, hate, and vitriol that can only be expressed through anonymity.

Edited by Holocron

I'm going to play Devils advocate here and say that fleet chat shouldn't make anyone mad. It's one giant troll, and you are either playing, or you are bitter on the sidelines.

Also, I would almost argue that fleet chat and even the Internet as a whole, are a truer representation of how people really feel, and today's sjw politicaly correct culture is stifling people's ability to show their true feelings, and thus leading to more built up rage, hate, and vitriol that can only be expressed through anonymity.

There are several psychological papers looking at just that.

Lets look back before all of this politically correct crap started shall we? People had thicker skins, shrugged off things today that cause people to break down and cry. People are only friends with those they agree with constantly (which, by the by...means they aren't true friends). People in general today talk about tolerance but they don't even understand the term. True tolerance is overlooking the guy that spouts the occassional anti-semmetical things yet still gives to charity and volunteers his time. These days such a person is publically crusified on social media and even the news while they gloss over the fact the person is actually a BETTER individual than 90% of the people.

You keep people silenced and bottled up and they will go off where they are anonymos. Basically the PC culture has made more, and worse, racists and bigots than there could ever be if we left it out in the open and just taught our kids to ignore it and have tougher skin.

What? How... oh never mind, it's you so I'm sure you've already spammed the report button.

The easiest way to clean up the fleet garbage (which is pretty much awful all the time) is to kill off free to play accounts. They account for the VAST majority of this crap.

Aren't f2p accounts on a spam timer?

Oh good, I was hoping someone would advocate for the devil. That never happens.

If people would take their energy they have for, hating or disliking this and that and as well as, this person and that person all the time, for god knows what ever, the reasons? If People would just take that same energy into, understanding this or that, or this person or that person, more often? As Well, Being Nicer to those around them. And try to have open minds and realize? The energy they give off can influence so many things good or bad. Show your good side long enough, you'll see it influence things around you in the long run. If one does this long enough, it will catch on.

And the World would be a Better and more peaceful Place for all of us to live In.

Please, Take Care & Be Well...........

Aren't f2p accounts on a spam timer?

90 seconds or so. But they can say something and start up things.

But so can subs and prefs. Like the poster about the thread about multiboxing or TH needing to be nerfed or something, s/he said something, and people responded, and then sometime later s/he responded again.

I don't actually see most of this stuff people are talking about as happening on a regular basis, but I also don't spend all of my time on DK or Fleet. Usually the stuff I see is political if it drifts away from game topics, which can get pretty hairy, but I've never seen it go to topics like, well, was reported earlier in the thread.

Considering how one dev's kids were threatened over the forums or something some time ago, I'm surprised if they don't have some intern spending an hour on each server's fleet and capital worlds even every few days.

What i want is a real solution.

Simple:

1) Expand the Profanity filter to include phrases ect. Google can search entire phrases, why not add that

capability to a player controlled Profanity filter.

2) Add ability to report a person in chat, specific to obscene language beyond reasonable expectations.

3) Allow Ignore to over a thousand entries, or even infinite.

4) Enforcement. Some people are just out of control, and need a ban temp or perm, by a company rep.

You are an imbecile.

You actually help my point, thanks.

...and if you don't understand that...you help it even more. Virtually any response you give that is not a well thought out and properly thought discourse without personal attacks, helps my point.

Geez, what server are you all playing on? Jedi Covenant I never see this kind of crap on. I guess we're the friendly, social bunch.

~ Eudoxia

You find it off and on everywhere. I just read it while waiting on PvP pops when I do see it and laugh or shrug it off. I don't get why people care about it, it is the internet after all and the more attention you give it the worse ti gets. Trolls feed on attention, ANY attention. Starve them of attention they grow bored in minutes and find something else to do.

Edited by Nempo

jesus christ, the political correctness, just deactivate the chat it's not like they are literally in front of you screaming, you're so thin skinned

this is what you sound like:

"mommy the bad guy is being mean on the internet! please silence him permanently mommy!"

Edited by _biddan_