Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Reluctance

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just always figured his romance arc was bugged.

I wondered what people could still be talking about in this thread to keep it popular, and I think I have my answer. (Augh, terrible puns! Terrible! You buggin'!)

That said, since I haven't weighed in yet: I think Vector is awesome. The Dark Nest Trilogy really got me into the Star Wars EU, and I was already happy seeing Killik nests in the game. Not only do I get to have a Joiner as a companion, but he's intelligent, well-spoken (OK, who doesn't love BioWare for their writing?), and actually romantic? Sold. I personally think the fact that most of his plot lines and even flirts are... Joiner-y (for lack of a better word)... just serves to make the character and his relationship with the [female] agent convincing. Their interactions are influenced by their circumstances in an authentically personal way. He's sweet but practical. It works!

0/10 because Vector is by far the coolest companion in the game, and he freaking likes EVERYTHING you say. You could straight up mumble some incoherent nonsense and gain 250 affection points with vector, you kick him in the nuts and gain 25 affection points, he's the ultimate nice guy.

0/10 because Vector is by far the coolest companion in the game, and he freaking likes EVERYTHING you say. You could straight up mumble some incoherent nonsense and gain 250 affection points with vector, you kick him in the nuts and gain 25 affection points, he's the ultimate nice guy.

He is incredibly compassionate for a Imperial, I agree. Dark side decisions do make him unhappy though. If you make a decision he doesn't like he'll get all sorrowful and philosophical and make you feel like a guilty puppy-kicker until you escape out and do it again. :p

Think I had my chances to flirt when first acquired Vector and I didn't, I have raised his affection to max with gifts, being nice and quests etc, but now I've level 50 and he's talked about his diplomacy stuff so guessing I should have flirted. There should be something you can give/do if you change your mind in the future. :(

If you play the female agent as someone like James Bond, who romances everyone, then it makes more sense to romance Vector for a little fun time. Just be sure to take Kaliyo with you when romancing NPCs, since she enjoys that, while Vector would get jealous.

Vector is really a nice guy, and I think it is the bug factor that creeps some women out. If he weren't connected to the bug hive, I wonder if women would feel the same way.

I do wish there were more options though. Especially since I am playing as if I had a James Bond type mojo when it comes to relationships.

I've never seen Vector get jealous, myself. I even

had him witness the ceremony when I married that Voss, and he had no problem with it! He also complemented me on my diplomatic skills after flirting with some NPC once.

I suspect that once you've shared your mind with a multitude of other beings, all kinds of sharing, romantic or otherwise, just isn't a big deal anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
I have to agree. In fact, the thought of romancing someone with a hive mind was so vile that I just couldn't do it.

I think you'd be surprised what you find out about him, he's a lot more unique and individual than you might think in the beginning.

Well. As a not so hetero male Imperial Agent, I don't exactly get too many romance options either. Poor Vector, I keep giving him these necklaces and clothes to try on and he just stares at me blankly. Maybe it's because I'm blue. I don't know. Oh Vector, why can't you just see the love we share. I know you feel it too.

-Quarterz

I know this post is like 2 years old but rofl.

Oh and screw vector. Bugman or not. He tried to pull some shady **** on Alderaan. That dont fly with me. As a result he now lives the life of a scavenger digging through trash in junkyards from one end of the galaxy to the other.

I know this post is like 2 years old but rofl.

Oh and screw vector. Bugman or not. He tried to pull some shady **** on Alderaan. That dont fly with me. As a result he now lives the life of a scavenger digging through trash in junkyards from one end of the galaxy to the other.

You do know that you can totally influence his decision and change him for the better there, right? ;) The power is in your hands. He's 100% loyal to you. More than you can say for most of the other companions, lol.

Edited by chuixupu

there is literally nothing appealing about this guy. He is an ant.

For some reason this made me laugh out loud :) He is not an ant, yet he is. It could have been an insult, but it is the truth. Simplistic yet artful. Ants arent interesting, but he is indeeed an ant. (English not my native language hard to explain fully x))

• 1 month later...

Just finished my Agent's story and I have to say I completely disagree with the title of this thread. Vector was the best romance I've played through, I just find he's a more complete character than some of the other romances. (Granted I've only played through Malavi, Andy and Vector).

Long live the Vector legacies! :)

• 1 month later...
I've never seen Vector get jealous, myself. I even

had him witness the ceremony when I married that Voss, and he had no problem with it! He also complemented me on my diplomatic skills after flirting with some NPC once.

I suspect that once you've shared your mind with a multitude of other beings, all kinds of sharing, romantic or otherwise, just isn't a big deal anymore.

Indeed, he was quite understanding, and he was funny, too: "I always found your taste in men questionable" he said... After we've definitely explored some ... romantic options.

And if I am not mistaken, you can even get rid of some of his anty-stuff. At least there is a scene where he has regular eyes. My agent of course knew who she was getting into with him and wouldn't have any of that. He's not some ordinary human and doesn't have to pretend to be so.

In reference to Vector not being jealous, he even states that the hive doesn't have a concept for betrayal. I would venture to guess that they also don't really believe in/understand personal possession/ownership. Especially the idea of personal ownership of a sentient being would be foreign to them.

I like how this fanfic writer had Vector explain things to Temple once; Personal Professional

As far as that scene on Voss, I didn't take him. I just thought it would be cruel. I brought Temple instead so she could see what an agent's life sometimes entails. But now knowing Vector's reaction, I will bring him next playthrough.

As I see it for the female agent, she is an expert at manipulation/seduction of men. Apart from Sanju, they don't interest her much outside of work. And even Sanju was quite predictable. She would have bored of him quickly. For my agent at least, she needs someone that keeps her on her toes, that keeps her guessing.

EDIT: I've been into thinking about my agent's story lately and writing a bit about her and Vector. My story is here is you want to check it out: Thoughts and Musings

Edited by KimbriOnasi

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I hope I don't get in trouble for reviving a dead topic, but I just wanted to put in my two cents. Being a girl gamer and all.

At first, I had the same feeling about Vector. Creepy bug guy. But I followed the storyline with him (which hasn't been easy, since I went Operative DPS) and just finished his romance. I actually kind of enjoyed it. The way he talks is interesting - nice for a change. And the poetry was actually romantic. The song of the universe, etc, I thought was really nice for a change.

The first romance I did was Corso, which I thought was a lot of fun. I loved the smuggler, the way she talked, and Corso's personality is like "my type." Then I did Sith Inquisitor and I did not like Andronikos at all. What a stiff. Very cliche and I felt wasn't very well written. Maybe that's why I like Vector - not cliche! Sometimes I didn't like my agent's responses actually. She seemed...sarcastic and unfeeling at times toward him. But personally, I loved to try to see the conversation through his (their?) point of view, being a Joiner and how different it must be to try and understand his human feelings while at the same time having a whole colony inside your head.

I found it very intriguing and I'm glad I tried it out. I enjoyed it a lot.

I hope I don't get in trouble for reviving a dead topic, but I just wanted to put in my two cents. Being a girl gamer and all.

At first, I had the same feeling about Vector. Creepy bug guy. But I followed the storyline with him (which hasn't been easy, since I went Operative DPS) and just finished his romance. I actually kind of enjoyed it. The way he talks is interesting - nice for a change. And the poetry was actually romantic. The song of the universe, etc, I thought was really nice for a change.

The first romance I did was Corso, which I thought was a lot of fun. I loved the smuggler, the way she talked, and Corso's personality is like "my type." Then I did Sith Inquisitor and I did not like Andronikos at all. What a stiff. Very cliche and I felt wasn't very well written. Maybe that's why I like Vector - not cliche! Sometimes I didn't like my agent's responses actually. She seemed...sarcastic and unfeeling at times toward him. But personally, I loved to try to see the conversation through his (their?) point of view, being a Joiner and how different it must be to try and understand his human feelings while at the same time having a whole colony inside your head.

I found it very intriguing and I'm glad I tried it out. I enjoyed it a lot.

No! No! Bad gamer girl, no necroing*sprays water bottle at you*