Very Disappointing Cartel Market Sale for this months 55% off 5year anniversary

RebeccaBlac

I must say the first sale they did with the whole 5 months, 55% off thing was pretty good... But the one that just dropped on the Cartel Market Features...

Thorn Sanitization armor set- 1440 ( Regular Price)

Thorn Containment Armor Set- 1440 (Regular Price)

Some stupid WompRat Pet .... like... a pet.... something that follows you around and does nothing at all... and it was not even discounted....

Zakuul personal Dropship 675 CC (55% Off) <- This is the best they could do? Seriously? that is still like 6 bucks for one mount... 12 bucks roughly at regular price since Cartel Coins are $4.99 USD for 450 Cartel Coins... They do not even give you a whole hundred for each dollar... talk about a middle finger to the customer.

Aratech Rose, a cool looking mount actually- 1500CC Regular Price -78% 325CC Decent deal actually.

Gemini Hypercrate- 6,300CC (Normally 9,000CC)

Crates do not even guarantee anything anymore, the whole crate is a gamble... a type of item is guaranteed in each one but not likely to be more awesome than crap or mediocre.

Dark VS Light Hypercrate- 6,300 ( It is normally 9,000) So roughly 60 bucks for this hypercrate AND the Gemini Hypercrate... and that is with a 30% Discount?! So that means it is 9,000CC with no discount... a little less than $90 USD for ONE hypercrate.... 1,050 Cartel Coins costs about 10 dollars, so like around 9450 CC for $90 USD!

90USD!? That is like a plane ticket...

I am sorry but who do they think their customer base consists of? Saudi Princes?

The Sale Prices are even ridiculously high, But the standard prices are even higher.

I have had several people I played with in the past quit due to the over pricing of game items. Spend a little and get barely anything or spend a fortune and get a few things... The worst thing is that you cannot even choose the specific items you want... for that many cartel coins I should be able to pick and choose any item I want anytime instead of this gambling crap.

I must say the first sale they did with the whole 5 months, 55% off thing was pretty good... But the one that just dropped on the Cartel Market Features...

Some stupid WompRat Pet .... like... a pet.... something that follows you around and does nothing at all... and it was not even discounted....

Always used to be on sale after the event, same as the Gold Scalene Armour set after the Gree Event (no idea why it isn't during the event, but hey).

I'd rather see 55% off unlocks, server slot isn't bad. I do recall them being cheaper than that at least once though.

If anything, I miss the time they had a rolling hourly discount that they did one year (now THAT was a good sale).

Having an event that has people level at least two new characters for the new companion, and as many as eight total, then having character slots at 50% off a couple weeks later after they were only 25% for the first week is an insult.

After people bought slots to be able to complete everything, this comes off as either extremely poor planning or greed on Bioware's part. Of which I'm not sure which is worse.

Always used to be on sale after the event, same as the Gold Scalene Armour set after the Gree Event (no idea why it isn't during the event, but hey).

I'd rather see 55% off unlocks, server slot isn't bad. I do recall them being cheaper than that at least once though.

If anything, I miss the time they had a rolling hourly discount that they did one year (now THAT was a good sale).

Yeah this is one of the reasons people have been ************ about steam sales. They got rid of the dailies and flash sales and now steam sales are just as crappy as every other sale out there.

~ Eudoxia

im not much of a reader but if what you're saying is this is a middle finger to us cartel coin buyers then i agree yes. i agree it is. ok lets take a even closer look at this can someone even add up the total cartel coins you get from completing the achis ? is it even enough to buy the zakuul dropship thats so ugly my grandma would not even ride in it. Edited by Darkfiire

This 55% 5 year Anniversary sale is very lame, just like putting character slots on sale cheaper now then when most players needed them to be at 50 % off when the DvsL event started, Over and over EA/Bio shows they dont care about the people that have supported this game over the last 5 years congrats EA/Bio. Edited by bseefeldt

THORN gear should be on sale DURING Rakghoul event

Scalene gear and associated mount should be on sale DURING Gree event.

The reason they sell these armor sets AFTER the event is to take advantage of any players who were unable to grind enough reputation to earn a similar armor set during the event to be able to purchase it, but in a different color.

Both armor sets first debuted after the events had concluded.

I wish they did more of this, to be honest. I wish I was able to buy the Revanite inspired armor sets from the Shadow of Revan expansion straight from the Cartel Market after they removed them from in game. =(

I never got to complete all of the sets!

Zakuul personal Dropship 675 CC (55% Off) <- This is the best they could do? Seriously? that is still like 6 bucks for one mount... 12 bucks roughly at regular price since Cartel Coins are $4.99 USD for 450 Cartel Coins... They do not even give you a whole hundred for each dollar... talk about a middle finger to the customer.

Aratech Rose, a cool looking mount actually- 1500CC Regular Price -78% 325CC Decent deal actually.

Gemini Hypercrate- 6,300CC (Normally 9,000CC)

Crates do not even guarantee anything anymore, the whole crate is a gamble... a type of item is guaranteed in each one but not likely to be more awesome than crap or mediocre.

Dark VS Light Hypercrate- 6,300 ( It is normally 9,000) So roughly 60 bucks for this hypercrate AND the Gemini Hypercrate... and that is with a 30% Discount?! So that means it is 9,000CC with no discount... a little less than $90 USD for ONE hypercrate.... 1,050 Cartel Coins costs about 10 dollars, so like around 9450 CC for $90 USD!

90USD!? That is like a plane ticket...

I am sorry but who do they think their customer base consists of? Saudi Princes?

The Sale Prices are even ridiculously high, But the standard prices are even higher.

I have had several people I played with in the past quit due to the over pricing of game items. Spend a little and get barely anything or spend a fortune and get a few things... The worst thing is that you cannot even choose the specific items you want... for that many cartel coins I should be able to pick and choose any item I want anytime instead of this gambling crap.

My wife and I bought CCs for a little while there. We were in for like $200 to $300 per month in addition to four subs. Then the packs just became ridiculous with the "Platinum" drop rates and the chance cubes. Reputation was removed, etc. Now we use that money to go out to dinner, stuff around the house, etc. EA did us a favor by screwing everyone ********* with the pack changes LOL. We spend $0 now on CCs.

My wife and I bought CCs for a little while there. We were in for like $200 to $300 per month in addition to four subs. Then the packs just became ridiculous with the "Platinum" drop rates and the chance cubes. Reputation was removed, etc. Now we use that money to go out to dinner, stuff around the house, etc. EA did us a favor by screwing everyone ********* with the pack changes LOL. We spend $0 now on CCs.

They did me a favour with those changes as well. I'm glad that "new" players get to collect the sets they may have missed, however I still think that having Gold / Silver / Bronze packs of varied flavours was the better addition to the CM than the horrible changes that were made to the Cartel Packs.

I'm more than happy to spend my money elsewhere though, not an issue. It certainly isn't my loss if the BioWare Cartel Market team don't want to listen to the feedback on the changes that they asked for.

What did you guys expect?

Set your expectations lower, that way you are never disappointed over these kind of things. I think I accepted a while back that what we have is as good as it gets until another SW MMO comes along. :D

Is 300cc the lowest price for additional character slot?

I've seen it sold for as low as 200cc a few times and snagged up a few slots at those times, but it's been a while since then.

They did me a favour with those changes as well. I'm glad that "new" players get to collect the sets they may have missed, however I still think that having Gold / Silver / Bronze packs of varied flavours was the better addition to the CM than the horrible changes that were made to the Cartel Packs.

I thought Bronze/Gold/Silver was a better system than "Grand" Chance Cubes too, then the packs could have just dropped parts boxes for a while (or individual parts) until the packs were pulled and the sets added to the Gold/Bronze/Silver boxes.