Conquest Bugged: 02.08.2016

UlaVii

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO any and all professional programmers out there, please go help the geniuses out there in Texas.

How in the name of jabba the douchebag Hutt can we have BH and the rakghoul the past couple weeks and then no event this week and conquest be totally jacked up?

It was probably screwed when they put that lame *** hell Zakuul dropship speeder for sale for 55% off.

Congrats bioware for finally getting Guss' lame a** alliance mission completed finally.

hope chapter 16 isn't as dead as 15 was. :p:eek:

Hey folks,

We did confirm that there is an issue which is impacting the start of Conquests and Priority Operations. We are looking to have it addressed with the launch of 4.7 next week, but I will let you know. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

-eric

So does this mean that there will be no conquest this week? I only ask as I'm in a conquest focused guild.

Hi Eric could it be that you have a undercover Dev from Star Trek in your Team who is sabotaging this game ?

If not what is your excuse for the constant recurrent F*** up's ?

If this game is dying treat it with respect like a Horse with a broken leg :mad:

TO any and all professional programmers out there, please go help the geniuses out there in Texas.

How in the name of jabba the douchebag Hutt can we have BH and the rakghoul the past couple weeks and then no event this week and conquest be totally jacked up?

It was probably screwed when they put that lame *** hell Zakuul dropship speeder for sale for 55% off.

Congrats bioware for finally getting Guss' lame a** alliance mission completed finally.

It's easy how this occurred. The conquest schedule is set ahead of time but the data for the August conquests are in patch 4.7 which got delayed until next week. I'm guessing to prevent code branches there wasn't an emergency patch this or last week to patch the missing conquest schedule in.

But since this basically confirms priority ops are also on the same system, can we limit priority ops to just EC/DF/DP/Rav/ToS? Priority KP/EV has destroyed the game.

Edited by FireFoxed

To my fellow tor players:

Points to ponder:

We had Bounty Week and then the Rakghoul event th epast couple weeks, yet conquest ran perfectly.

Now, no event is going on and whammo!!! CQ is al jacked up.

oh Bioware?

do the letters S N A F U mean anything to you, because it should be your MIDDLE NAME.

I can only speculate, but I surmise that there is some sort of server-side mechanism for certain in-game events that has to be seeded with information as to when these events occur. They were probably planning on doing this with Update 4.7, but since it got delayed the reel ran out of tape, so to speak. In retrospect, they should try to maintain the schedule a month or two in advance so as to account for such delays.

I can only speculate, but I surmise that there is some sort of server-side mechanism for certain in-game events that has to be seeded with information as to when these events occur. They were probably planning on doing this with Update 4.7, but since it got delayed the reel ran out of tape, so to speak. In retrospect, they should try to maintain the schedule a month or two in advance so as to account for such delays.

It's too much of a coincidence though, bro, when we had other events for several weeks and everything ran fine.

It wasn't too long ago when iirc BH week ran for 2 weeks and the rak event came along and suddenly we got cq jacked up again.

oh well, cq is dead w/o any real objective.

I would hate to go do stuff and miss out on any possible bonuses, so I 'll just craft junk and sit in my rocking chair. :p

Hey folks,

We did confirm that there is an issue which is impacting the start of Conquests and Priority Operations. We are looking to have it addressed with the launch of 4.7 next week, but I will let you know. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

-eric

It's the "but we will let you know..." aspect of this post that concerns me most Eric.

In addition, I really think that both Conquests and Priority Operations are aspects of the game that players find integral to guild development and just plain fun. Really, if you know, you should fix and we should not have to wait a week. Sorry but this is one of those issues the Devs see as minor enough to ignore yet I see it as important enough to patch immediately.

It's disappointing that when crap like this happens, we already know it's going to be 'wait until next week'.

Well, thanks guys, guess I get a week off, as you've managed to screw up the only two things I keep playing the game for.

I sincerely hope you're overhauling the systerms that control this crap for KOTET. This is a client/server game, there is absolutely no good reason why the client needs to have this data patched in ahead of time. It should be a relatively simple push from the server, and you should be able to kick it off from the server side in the event that it doesn't fire correctly.

So basically there is no fun to be had this week, since the two things I enjoy the most are broken.

Guess this is a good time to do all the boring bits of the DvL event that I been putting off (finding the datacrons, grinding the crafting, ick.. /shudders

How much do you guys want to bet that if it was the Cartel Market that was bugged, they'd be bringing down the servers IMMEDIATELY to fix it, rather than waiting for next patch (maybe, possibly, if we're very good) to get it working again? Edited by AscendingSky

Was coming to the forums to see if Conquest was bugged - only to find that yes, yes it is. Oh, and the devs don't plan to do anything about it, apparently, until next week.

Since last week's Conquest was bugged for me on every character (that tried to do it) in some way, too........

Just unsubbed because of this. Im paying them a few $$ each month to let me play 30days, now they saying "meh we broke the game, and you wont be able to play raids for 7 days", that means 7 days is wasted from my 30day sub.

If there is no priority raiding, there will only be KP / EV on hardmode operations to join as pug. Got 2-5 of each 220 set token, and only need 224 gear. Gathering a full nightmare party takes about 2-3hours.

I want refound of the 7days taken from my ingame-time, because there wont be any acticity this week in swtor.

<Bioware> Meh it is broke, hope to have a fix next week.....WHAT!?!?! :mad:

You have got to be kidding me? I see the priority is cartel packs. Lets just change the game name to Cartel Packs of the Old Republic.

/endsub

<and I did> Been here since Beta non stop. no longer.:mad:

Edited by DakotaDoc

Hey folks,

-eric

It would appreciated by at least a hundred players in my guild if when 4.7 hit we got TFB back as the highlighted rather than skipping. TFB is one the best Operations in terms of aesthetics - Tron + Lovecraft!

Hey folks,

-eric

At least he didn't just copy and paste his message from 2.2.16. Yes exactly 6 months ago this happened with conquests. Must be a new event that takes place every 6 months.

Why does the fix for this have to wait until the patch release? Surely the most downtime needed would be a server restart of 15 minutes or so once the fix is applied. Can't just get it loaded a day late?

because in the end bio ware don't care

ops and conquest possible the two things bio ware care about the least.

sure if this was the cash grab market or there terrible "story" SPOILER ALERT: sky troopers die, it would be fixed tomorrow but it isn't so it is thrown on the pile and sorted later rather than now.

on a happier note i got balanced by a body size 4 male human sage called eric musco

(if you didn't get the joke it was a balance sage who killed me with force in balance)

Edited by benmas

What a great way to lose subscribers am seriously considering dropping mine after this.

I can put up with bugs and stuff like that but when a whole weeks events that were scheduled are just blown away I get more than a little annoyed especially considering I used to work in the industry and know it should really only take a 15 min restart to trigger the new week at worst a minor patch. I think bioware may lose a LOT of subs to other games if they keep this up.

If you want to raid you can, no 224 items cannot stop you from raiding if you want to. The last week we ran several times Dread Palace. Oh, were we supposed to be in another OPS? Woops.

If you want 224 items, go NIM. Terror drops 224 offhand all the time there. If you manage to get into 1 instance maybe even 2 :D

The conquest is a bad thing though. Our conquest is delayed(with our playerbase we were never serious contenders anyway) because of the event but I can see why some are angry about this.

If you want to raid you can, no 224 items cannot stop you from raiding if you want to. The last week we ran several times Dread Palace. Oh, were we supposed to be in another OPS? Woops.

If you want 224 items, go NIM. Terror drops 224 offhand all the time there. If you manage to get into 1 instance maybe even 2 :D

very few guilds did and fewer still do nim ops

the priority ops was partly put in do this new gear they made wasn't wasted

and trying to pug a nim is pointless you will be lucky to kill the first boss

also if this was at the launch of kotfe no it wouldn't drop a 224 off hand all the time

Edited by benmas