Stark -

Soulchilde

This is the second story mission boss as a Balance Shadow I am having a real issue defeating. I've wasted over 20K is repair cost trying to beat this story guy. Suggestion.? I can't seem to figure out when he is going to self heal

Btw, Bioware story bosses should not be this difficult

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres the trick to this and the RED text appearing as you enter is VERY misleading. BTW i am a lvl 44 Balance shadow. I just ate whatever he threw at me popping my CD"s and interruted his "Benevolence"(Green Icon)

You DO NOT have to have Nadia out to defeat Stark. It does state that you MUST have Nadia but i just killed him using Fess. I wish i had known this earlier i would of used Fess a level ago.

Edited by Tacticul

I did this fight last night. Like you I had trouble initially.

Look around though, there are a ton of boxes to jump on and places to break line of sight. This is the key to the fight. Don't stand on him in melee and expect to have enough interrupts to win easily.

I don't want to give away more than this, but you can do this. I was 41 and once I caught on I killed him relatively easily with Tharan.

This is the second story mission boss as a Balance Shadow I am having a real issue defeating. I've wasted over 20K is repair cost trying to beat this story guy. Suggestion.? I can't seem to figure out when he is going to self heal

Btw, Bioware story bosses should not be this difficult

Do yourself a favor and take a friend with you. I rolled into the battle with another Jedi Shadow and we killed Stark in less than 20 seconds and he never got a single ability off. Had to do it twice because we couldn't both progress in the same story area, but it wasn't a problem.

I did This guy at 42 I tried with Nadia has it said and failed 2 times. I pulled out Tharan and did it had him down 75% and hit force cloak by mistake :(

I am a tank load out Shadow with at that time 10k HP and he will eat though it quick if you do not stun and interrupt him often. Love Holiday and her nice mezzes.

I can't help but feel that part of the problem is this encounter is made for people with a lot of experience with MMO's. It's easy to say 'LoS' him if you've been doing that for five years on other MMO's, but this is a horrible place to try and learn that skill in.

I'm a healer/seer spec'd sage, and find there is just too much for me to keep track of -- I do best with Fess, but keeping on top of Fess' health, and maneuvering LoS when Stark turns his focus on me does leaves almost no attention for me to interrupt Stark's healing.

This is beyond frustrating.

I wouldn't even mind taking the time getting killed over and over again to learn how to manage all the above, but even that's impossible, because with repair costs that is unsustainable.

I can't help but feel that part of the problem is this encounter is made for people with a lot of experience with MMO's. It's easy to say 'LoS' him if you've been doing that for five years on other MMO's, but this is a horrible place to try and learn that skill in.

I'm a healer/seer spec'd sage, and find there is just too much for me to keep track of -- I do best with Fess, but keeping on top of Fess' health, and maneuvering LoS when Stark turns his focus on me does leaves almost no attention for me to interrupt Stark's healing.

This is beyond frustrating.

I wouldn't even mind taking the time getting killed over and over again to learn how to manage all the above, but even that's impossible, because with repair costs that is unsustainable.

If it was meant to be easy then there would be no fun in the challenge of it. Yes it takes some skill and practice. Also might take some levels. If you are equal levels it is easier than 2 or 3 levels down on him. Even easier if you are a level or 2 higher. It all depends on gear and level has to how you do.

Has a Kinetic Shadow I have many ways to interrupt him so these challenges are designed for you to know your class and abilities.

LoS while usable is something that gamers came up with to cheat the game mechanics. While it is viable and not against the rules this is truly not how the encounter was designed and or tested for I can assure you that.

You should be able to beat him with out LoS just have to know what your doing and your class and skills and make sure you are gear correctly.

Edited by Rejectoo

If it was meant to be easy then there would be no fun in the challenge of it. Yes it takes some skill and practice. Also might take some levels. If you are equal levels it is easier than 2 or 3 levels down on him. Even easier if you are a level or 2 higher. It all depends on gear and level has to how you do.

Has a Kinetic Shadow I have many ways to interrupt him so these challenges are designed for you to know your class and abilities.

LoS while usable is something that gamers came up with to cheat the game mechanics. While it is viable and not against the rules this is truly not how the encounter was designed and or tested for I can assure you that.

You should be able to beat him with out LoS just have to know what your doing and your class and skills and make sure you are gear correctly.

Thanks for the response -- and thanks for the encouragement that if may be doable without managing LoS. I am not sure that it was *not* designed to use it, though -- think to the Eternity Vault -- all the videos I've seen of that have ppl moving behind barriers to avoid the missle barrage from that big droid at the beginning. LoS might very well have been designed into the game.

In any case, I definitely understand it's up to me to bring my ability to use my character's skills up to the level of the encounter, and not expect them to bring it down to my level.

To use a metaphor however, I feel that the game up to that point trained me to be able to juggle 3 balls comfortably, and even feel proud about my ability to do so. Then all of a sudden I'm tossed another 6 balls and expected to be able to juggle all 9 without being able to work my way up to that level.

I keep thinking about Starcraft II -- they have those mini-missions (base-building, troop deployment, hotkeys, etc) outside the main campain to help newer people develop the skills they need to be able to do hard mode or PvP stuff.

I managed to do this with Nadia as a sage seer.

Here is what I did:

I kept her on passive for a bit and built up agro by dotting him/healing myself. At about 75% I let her loose. By that time I had enough agro that he stayed on me.

The thing with this method vs just healing Nadia is that you can always see his cast bars. You have to interrupt his heals & turbulence as much as possible.

I managed to do this with Nadia as a sage seer.

Here is what I did:

I kept her on passive for a bit and built up agro by dotting him/healing myself. At about 75% I let her loose. By that time I had enough agro that he stayed on me.

The thing with this method vs just healing Nadia is that you can always see his cast bars. You have to interrupt his heals & turbulence as much as possible.

Interesting! That was actually a possibility I'd come with -- in fact the last few times I tried him I was practicing staying alive after my companion died as long as I could, with an eye to implementing a strategy like that. Nice!

I did it with Nadia yesterday as a dps sage, had to try 3 times. The first two were my faults though, have to admit that.

Its a hard fight and I love it.

First thing, interrupts are king.

Secondly, only interrupt his heals (green icon) and his object throwing (forgot the name). Other skills are not as bad.

Kiting is an option when he's under 50%, you can move outside the small room. If you try him with Nadia, he will be aggro locked on you. So you can get in the larger room, slow him, and just kite around. She will dps and get him down.

Was easier for me after the 2nd try when I actually looked at his inductions, what they do and started to think not just press random spells :)

Lvl41 seer , i brought a smuggler friend to help out, i used iresso to tank, he hardly took any dmg apart from the big channeled spell.

Force stun / force wave and mind snap all work to interrupt him, just wait till middle cast to use stun or snap, and use force wave as soon as he casts( cause of the animation).

If you lay down salvation near your companion for the channeled cast stark has, it preety much negates its effect ( throw shield just to be safe).

I see this fight doable with nadia, given your within the lvl rrange ( 44 ), but if your lower, tank companion and / or a friend deeply helps.

Its an intense fight, probably the "trickiest" so far ( just killed him an hour ago or so), since you cant drop the ball on the interrupts.

Hah, hah...finally beat this last night.

And funny it was a frustrated 'going for broke' attempt too. I actually used Nadia, and the only thing I did differently is I led the attack myself instead of sending her in first. Between our attacks (I think we ping-ponged agro, which is probably something I couldn't have done deliberately), me healing (only twice using LoS) and using all my inturrupts (including twice using Force Lift and breaking it immediately) I got him -- Nadia died when he was down to about 7% of his health, but I was able to finish him off at that point.

I've never been so satisfied to destroy someone...lol.

I tried this at level 43, solo, and wiped several times. I tried a head-on attack with Qyzen, and also a couple of attempts from on top of the crates with Nadia in reserve until I could build aggro, but I would get slowly drained down by the occasional thrown rocks. As a shadow, I couldn't self-heal in combat, and the medpacks weren't enough.

Then I took out Theran... he's not even geared up to my current level, since I never use him. The LOS tricks on top of the crates were a breeze with him. He kept my health full, and I was able to slowly work Stark down with ranged attacks and interrupts. Worked like a charm. It was so easy that way, it felt like cheating.

Edited by ZenBones

Stark has a really strong close range AOE that I couldn't interrupt. You have to avoid that at all costs. Block his projectile spells and heals and avoid AOE. Should be able to take him down. I did it at 41, I think he was level 43.